AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 12 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 64 62.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 12.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 9.80%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 9.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.98%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.98%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-27, 22:53   Link #41
Ash Falls Town

Ah I really liked this episode for how it went into Keima's thought process.

One of the things that always bugged me about the show was the apparent contradiction of some of his statements about the ideal dating sims.

But this episode showed that he himself was able to notice the contradictions in his thoughts but was able to combine it into a consistent whole. And I think I can understand him as a person now.
Old 2011-06-28, 00:41   Link #42
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

They just have to make a season 3 if they are going to put that ending which leaves such a massive cliffhanger for us.
Old 2011-06-28, 00:50   Link #43
paladinenvec

This last episode was very good it was funny and i loved the teaser of a season 3 at the end
Spoiler for ASD:

Last edited by paladinenvec; 2011-06-28 at 01:11.
Old 2011-06-28, 01:00   Link #44
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

what made this episode perfect was their decision to run the first OP as the the ED for this episode.
Old 2011-06-28, 01:04   Link #45
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Oh that's right. It was great to see
Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-28, 01:06   Link #46
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
This last episode was very good it was funny and i loved the teaser of a season 3 at the end
Spoiler for ASD:
Spoiler for .:
Old 2011-06-28, 01:30   Link #47
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Spoiler for .:
To tell you the truth all the girls are my favorite but seeing Tenri/Diana animated it means so much cause they are part of the main plot of the whole story.
Anyway i think that 3rd season won't come out soon since there's not even an official announcement yet , but we can dream all we want =P.
Old 2011-06-28, 02:34   Link #48
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

THEY TEASED US.

They have to deliver now. D:
Old 2011-06-28, 02:35   Link #49
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Like Khu said its not good to tease us and not deliver
Old 2011-06-28, 04:03   Link #50
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

woow... I actually don't understand this chapter in manga
But in anime they have done better job in introducing yuukyun! Yeah.. this epilogue is better than the first season's epilogue
10/10 from me... great job

I can't wait for season 3.... In season 2 they have made me love the conquest which I don't really like (well, I used to dislike Chihiro's arc and Nagase's arc but they have changed my opinion in anime version)
How about season 3??? they have a lot of my favourite conquest!!!

Spoiler for I can see the ending:
Old 2011-06-28, 04:10   Link #51
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Yeah, this is possibly the best and my favorite of the non-capture episode. I like how they tie in the theme, showing cameo of the past girls and ending it with season I OP. There are two things I'm not a fan of though - first, they showed Yokkyun's game, even just bits of it. I just feel that the game itself is best to be left to our imagination, especially since Keima, who has played literally thousand of games, consider it to be virtually perfect. And yet, while I don't call her bad, seeing her in the game doesn't seem that she's really all the way above the pack...

The second, like other people have said, is the tease for the next girls for the third season that may not even exist. There's definitely enough material, but the problem is the sales. I don't have the exact number, but I remember the first vol of season 2 is below the Manabi (sp?) line which means that they don't make much profit. The only hope is from the merchandises, as well as the fact that TWGOK is Manglobe best-selling anime even with the low numbers (Deadman Wonderland is even lower) so maybe they'll stick with it just because. Otherwise, they may do like their fellow Sunday manga Hayate no Gotoku and get another studio to do the continuation, but I'm not sure I like that and the chances are small anyway. In any case, it'll take at least a year until we heard news so for the time being, I'll just enjoy the manga.
Old 2011-06-28, 04:11   Link #52
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I giggled like a little girl every time Yokkyun was on screen, she has one of the most atrocious design I've ever seen. It makes Key's early art look like a masterpiece

The Gundam parody was awesome and very faithful to the original. Sayla/Keima was... kind of hot

I like the designs of the new girls we see at the end (and there is... a loli!?), but I'm afraid I'll just get bored again for 70% of the series. That's assuming they do make a third season, that is. The multi heroine format definitely isn't working in anime for me. Unless each new girl is better than the previous one, it's no good. I want Shiori back!!
Old 2011-06-28, 04:49   Link #53
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I give this episode 10/10. Though it might be wrong for me who haven't watched the entire series of season 2 yet, I found this episode to be extremely enjoyable. Almost all of it made me glued to my monitor screen while watching this episode.

First of all, I like how they presented Yokkyun in this episode. There are several times where I agreed with Keima at Yokkyun being cute (despite her design ) This didn't happen for me in the manga (while at that time I can only laughed at Keima's act toward his game ). I especially liked that part where 'Amuro and Char' fight, and then when every Keima turned Chibi. Also, the part where Keima and Yokkyun holds hand is very cute.

And then there's the music...god, it was excellent. Especially their choices of music during the credit and the last Yokkyun scene.. Oh, I almost forgot that bard tune during the first part of Keima's dreams.

...And all those teases of future capture target I hope this will have a season 3.

Old 2011-06-28, 04:53   Link #54
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

A great end to the second series I laughed pretty hard a number of times, and Keima's self debates on how games should be was hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas84 View Post
Yokkyun reminded of the horrible artwork from the orginal Kanon. But I really started to fall for her at the end.
I am pretty sure her design was poking fun at Kanon[toei]'s designs given how Keima looked at some parts and the fact that shes looks so very much Ayu . And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
I wonder how many people out there gets what that "B's ware" is a reference to...
By the logo it a reference to key, but more so the 2chan which had "Leaf, Key BBS", so had the leaf being the start of the game with the clovers, key's logo, and thus B's ware further referenced those two companies didn't they?
MAL
Old 2011-06-28, 04:57   Link #55
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

I just don't get Manglobe... it's like Jekyll and Hyde... then again, ideals vs reality huh?... oh, Manglobe you, you got me... *bows*
Old 2011-06-28, 05:24   Link #56
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
I'm suprised no one got the other Mamoru Hosoda reference.

It was in the mid-episode title, which was named 'Summer Wars'.

Also, third season, anyone? I certainly think so, with the massive spoilers left for us by Manglobe.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Old 2011-06-28, 05:50   Link #57
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I giggled like a little girl every time Yokkyun was on screen, she has one of the most atrocious design I've ever seen. It makes Key's early art look like a masterpiece

The Gundam parody was awesome and very faithful to the original. Sayla/Keima was... kind of hot

I like the designs of the new girls we see at the end (and there is... a loli!?), but I'm afraid I'll just get bored again for 70% of the series. That's assuming they do make a third season, that is. The multi heroine format definitely isn't working in anime for me. Unless each new girl is better than the previous one, it's no good. I want Shiori back!!
I actually expect Keima not putting the move onto the kid. I means she is not even a loli like how i often classify them (undeveloped young teenager). She looks like a 6-7 years old kid. Maybe it will be a background chapter or sort xD

Anyway, if there is another season, then S3 will have the turning point of the entire series!! I'm all excited thinking about it actually. I'm all excited just looking at the ED of this season in fact. If they make S3 24 episodes, and put the rest of the cast on..... it will be a real disappointment if the fan base does not at least double by the end of it
Old 2011-06-28, 06:18   Link #58
katsudon
Part Time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post

Spoiler for I can see the ending:
correction

Spoiler for 5:

but, hey, kami nomi is the best harem without consequences. (unlike school days).... so it's very easy to forget who you've been with like in real life....
Old 2011-06-28, 06:59   Link #59
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Yokkyunnnnnnn!

Another best season finale by The World God Only Knows!

Cameos from the girls recently conquered? Check!

Keima being Keima? Check!

Gundam Parody? Check!

Yokkyun? Yokkyun!

Beautiful songs? Check!

And finally, a tease for the next girls to be captured by Keima in the next season.

Ten out of Ten!
Old 2011-06-28, 07:17   Link #60
Seihai
スマイリウム

Ten for Tenri. Nah, but it was a really awesome finale altogether so yeah. My heart hurts a little now that TWGOK ended once again.