AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-09, 13:02   Link #221
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by APNki View Post
They just skipped the prologue 'chapter 0' and went straight to chapter 1 in the first episode of the anime. Hopefully we will see the prologue in the next episode.

Or you can get technical and say they skipped to chapter three since the prologue is split into two chapters.
Ah... for some reason I thought Kirie and the Yuuko gravestone appeared much later in the series. Haven't read the earlier chapters in a while. I'm also hoping for the prologue because as I said, it has some pretty important plot points in it.
Old 2012-04-09, 13:15   Link #222
APNki

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Ah... for some reason I thought Kirie and the Yuuko gravestone appeared much later in the series. Haven't read the earlier chapters in a while. I'm also hoping for the prologue because as I said, it has some pretty important plot points in it.
Kirie's first appearance happens in chapter 4, so they changed that part in the anime.
APNki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 13:22   Link #223
Random Wanderer

Indeed. Reading back, the elevator of malice and the discovery of the memorial stone for Yuuko both happened in chapter one. However, there were two chapters before chapter one, so it gets confusing. Anyway, Kirie shows up in chpater 4, and while we do meet her on the hill next to Yuuko's memorial, she was not there for its discovery.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 13:26   Link #224
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
The thread got so heated with just one episode... interesting. Well, basing expectation in less than 100 word summaries and 30 second trailers is not a good idea to begin with (especially when they come from the ANN omniscient critics) I certainly hope the discussion won't turn out as it did in Nise-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Just read the manga. It looks 100x times better than the anime and the story is more explained and has less moe shenenigans.
Dude, it's just the first episode, isn't it kind of early to say the above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
PS: the MC would have jumped at the top of my ranking for this season if he had actually grabbed that boob on purpose. What a disappointment... what did he think he was touching anyway?
So true
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 13:30   Link #225
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
PS: the MC would have jumped at the top of my ranking for this season if he had actually grabbed that boob on purpose. What a disappointment... what did he think he was touching anyway?
True, though as we will see later on, Teiichi is actually more...assertive than most shounen main characters. Yuuko does play around with him as she pleases some times but it shows that he isn't the useless, dull harem mc.

PS: Yuuko = hothothot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The thread got so heated with just one episode... interesting.
Well the manga is pretty good and popular.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 13:42   Link #226
ookamigirl

Messing with that girl was pretty funny ^^
Watching Okonogi ramble and trying to rationalize the moving things was LOL
Niiya doesn't have it easy with that ghost girl.
Kirie, at least, is not a confused airhead.
Yuuko & Niiya in the food elevator was kinda steamy.
This is a pretty fun anime, will be watching it.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 15:01   Link #227
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Unfortunately, the first episode was really boring. First episodes gotta really catch you or they got forgotten. And yes, I saw the trailer and promotional material and was looking for boobs tbh. I was disappointed.

Giving this another episode; it's Yuuko or bust, me thinks.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 15:09   Link #228
Bern-san

I was kind of bored with this episode too, also for some reason that Momoe girl got on my nerves
Will continue to watch a couple of episodes more to see if it gets better before dropping it
Old 2012-04-09, 15:14   Link #229
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Unfortunately, the first episode was really boring. First episodes gotta really catch you or they got forgotten. And yes, I saw the trailer and promotional material and was looking for boobs tbh. I was disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I was kind of bored with this episode too, also for some reason that Momoe girl got on my nerves
Will continue to watch a couple of episodes more to see if it gets better before dropping it
Grrr! I am angered by your different opinion and will now proceed to state my own in an angry fashion while insulting you in an attempt to change your mind and make you exactly like me!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 15:25   Link #230
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Grrr! I am angered by your different opinion and will now proceed to state my own in an angry fashion while insulting you in an attempt to change your mind and make you exactly like me!
I know, that's what we live for.

But hey, I'll give this another chance.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-04-09, 15:32   Link #231
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post

After watching the 1st episode, I quickly marathon'd the manga to the latest scanlated chapter in one night. Rest assure pal, if they don't stray away from the manga too much, there will be lots of boobs!

If anime fails, you could always check out the manga.
Old 2012-04-09, 15:35   Link #232
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
After watching the 1st episode, I quickly marathon'd the manga to the latest scanlated chapter in one night. Rest assure pal, if they don't stray away from the manga too much, there will be lots of boobs!

If anime fails, you could always check out the manga.
Why thanks. I knew they were holding back... and was unhappy.

It's too early to say if this anime will fail so I figured ghost girl will give me value out of the series I hope.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-04-09, 16:38   Link #233
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I initially thought the first episode was pretty poor but began to enjoy it as it went along.

Unlike a few posters here, I actually didn't put much stock in the trailer and suspected that this was probably going to be yet another also-run light novel based harem (didn't realize it was manga based LOL) with little going for it. And the first few minutes, I felt like my suspicions were being confirmed.

But then they replayed the first few scenes with Yuuko present, and something happened:
-I began to view the episode as something in the vein of Haruhi episode 00: a comedic concept episode before they get down to the "meat" of the story in subsequent weeks. Which gave me a lot more faith that the project might be good.
-Second, Yuuko herself brought several things to the story. First, she plays very well off Momoe. Part of my issue with the early scenes is that Momoe just can't carry a scene for me on her own, Yuuko's presence fixed that. Second, there's a certain intimacy to that elevator scene that makes me really pumped for a supernatural romance between Teiichi and Yuuko. I like the idea of a ghost girl as a romantic interest but previous series I've seen that have one haven't really done it for me - fingers crossed this series does it right.

I'd have to say I'm actually kind of optomistic about the show's potential at this point.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 16:54   Link #234
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

^ That's actually what I recognized the episode as. A "Nonindicative first episode" in the vein of episode 00. But Haruhi pulled that off by making the episode come off as silly as possible so you'd be wondering what the hell is going on. This, on the other hand, was really not engaging. Which is why I think it misses this so called "hook"

I don't need a plot or mystery or whatever to watch a show so misleading trailers don't really bother me. There's nothing wrong about a mystery or horror thing that starts out with mundane events. But I do need something engaging (comedy, audio, character design/visuals, interesting characters, or novelty) and I didn't feel anything. The only hope is this Yuuko person will be this factor. Well, I guess that one joke with the moving objects was mildly amusing but that was it.

If I didn't realize that, I would have dropped it immediately. But whatever.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-04-09, 17:37   Link #235
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Since they changed things around i'm guessing we're getting an original ending already. Showing the same scene twice was also stupid. That OP was fantastic though.
Old 2012-04-09, 17:51   Link #236
Kyouka
Is Here

Episode 1

Spoiler for Episode `:

If any of you only anime watchers have any questions or are confused you could pm me and i can answer it with a spoiler or i can try to answer it with out spoiling but im bad at that

Last edited by Kyouka; 2012-04-09 at 18:13.
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 18:10   Link #237
GrimJack

Just watched the entire thing subbed as I watched the Japanese version before work this morning. I actually found myself enjoying it more the second time. I am looking forward to how they do chapter -1 next week, perhaps they will also show how Okonogi met Niiya as well since her introduction is in chapter 0 lol

Spoiler for Kirie...Warning may contain spoilers!!:

Last edited by GrimJack; 2012-04-09 at 18:55.
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 18:52   Link #238
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
There's a lot of potentially good series you're going to miss out on if you approach everything with that sort of mindset, and that's really sad.

Also, to regard Shiki, Another, or Ghost Hunt as though they are the epitome of the perfect "dark mystery/horror anime series" means that you don't know much about the genre. Comparing it to those shows is NOT a compliment (ESPECIALLY Shiki).
I find it comedy gold of how people like to put words into people's mouth and like to cherry pick and ignore entire posts. When did I ever say Another or Shiki or Ghost Hunt were the epitotome of perfect dark mystery/horror considering I posted this after:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Oh don't get me wrong. I totally agree that Another went off the rails in its last 2 episodes, but for the majority (10 out of 12 episodes) it was pretty solid. Shiki was slow at bits and yes it did have a few "where did this come from" parts. But you know what the difference between this and those two were? Those two didn't present itself from the get go as a silly comedy. I REALLY hate it when anime does this. They promote something as X, but gives you pointless faffing about. Sure, in the future it may get the ball moving, but how many series actually deliver later on. At best its 50%, and that's being very generous. Why should people have to wait at least the 1/3 or 1/2 way mark before it actually gets going. It's one thing to add in lighthearted comedy within your genre context and another thing to overwhelm the context with something unnecessary and just sprinkle what you're 'supposed' to be on the side and expect it to pass. I for one don't tolerate that at all.
Mind giving me good examples of horror/mystery anime then because you know, although not perfect, those three were still pretty good? Don't say Elfen Lied or Higurashi though cause the former was largely mindless killing and the latter had an entire season (first season) of mediocrity before it actually started to be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The thread got so heated with just one episode... interesting. Well, basing expectation in less than 100 word summaries and 30 second trailers is not a good idea to begin with (especially when they come from the ANN omniscient critics) I certainly hope the discussion won't turn out as it did in Nise-
Oh, so I'm a ANN like critic now just because I dislike moe shenenigans where they don't belong and place expectations on synopsises and trailers. Way to generalize!
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 18:58   Link #239
FaiEatsRainbows
Wonderful Wonderholic

Since I haven't read the manga to this, I'm just going to give my opinion on based what I saw from the 1st episode.

Okonogi annoyed me sooo much to the point that it was hard to pay attention to what was going on. The character designs weren't that flattering, except for Yuuko, who I found to be really adorable and she looks very similar to Emma Ai from Shigoku Shoujo.
I'll admit, this is not my favorite of the season at all so far but I'll be keeping up with it since it seems like it has potential.
Old 2012-04-09, 19:12   Link #240
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Oh, so I'm a ANN like critic now just because I dislike moe shenenigans where they don't belong and place expectations on synopsises and trailers. Way to generalize!
Calm dow DemiSoda

The way I read that Malkuth just thinks that ANN reviewers are as unreliable as synopsis and PVs,he didn't compare you to one.

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural