AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-19, 22:04   Link #121
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
wow a lot of discussion on full moon was lost but anyway
Spoiler for ending:
SmartChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 22:07   Link #122
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartChick
wow a lot of discussion on full moon was lost but anyway
Spoiler for ending:
I'd say it's either a tear of joy or she's just sad she has to leave Mitsuki and Takuto.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 22:11   Link #123
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
Yea I thought it was for joy too and it happened right after she hugged takuto's doll.
Spoiler for ending:
SmartChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 14:48   Link #124
PastPrime

Spoiler:
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 06:46   Link #125
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Well, here's waiting for dear old Chiibi to return to this forum with a translation of that dialogue between Takuto and Mitsuki in the Final Live album :-p.

Come back Chiibi!!
Yukinokesshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 04:25   Link #126
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
Mannnn i just started watching this and am on ep 14 and reading the first 4 posts i already find out that Echi dies! Seriously... that sucks
PsychItsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 04:41   Link #127
porchoky

spoiler tags.....
porchoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 17:50   Link #128
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychItsMike
Mannnn i just started watching this and am on ep 14 and reading the first 4 posts i already find out that Echi dies! Seriously... that sucks
Knowing that ahead of time won't really lesson the emotional impact of the "Eternal Snow" episode and the ones that follow.
Old 2006-01-02, 18:27   Link #129
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
Knowing that ahead of time won't really lesson the emotional impact of the "Eternal Snow" episode and the ones that follow.
It would have lessened the impact for me. When I found out about Echi, I was utterly shocked! Even seeing it creeping up on me did nothing to alleviate the shock. The process of gradually discovering it made it worse when I finally had the truth confirmed, because I was praying, "Please don't let him be dead! Please don't let him be dead!"

This is why I never read a thread for a show that has long been finished until I reach the final episode! In any long-finished thread, anyone posting assumes that everyone has seen the final episode years ago and spoilers aren't important anymore. For instance I just started watching PoT, so that discussion thread is off-limits for me until I finish the show.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 18:54   Link #130
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It would have lessened the impact for me. When I found out about Echi, I was utterly shocked! Even seeing it creeping up on me did nothing to alleviate the shock. The process of gradually discovering it made it worse when I finally had the truth confirmed, because I was praying, "Please don't let him be dead! Please don't let him be dead!"
It wasn't a shock to me because I was almost certain that Echi is dead in the beginning. It was obviously that Echi and Mitsuki had a good relationsip/friendship. But Echi just stop conctacting Mitsuki after he went to the States. That was really odd. So I thought that something is not right here....he must be not available or...dead? He doesn't seem like a person who would just forget someone who was very dear to him quickly, that means..he must be dead.

But I was really sad, even I knew this. I always root for Echii and Mitsuki. Sorry, Takuto.
Old 2006-01-02, 19:03   Link #131
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
This is why I never read a thread for a show that has long been finished until I reach the final episode! In any long-finished thread, anyone posting assumes that everyone has seen the final episode years ago and spoilers aren't important anymore. For instance I just started watching PoT, so that discussion thread is off-limits for me until I finish the show.
How true. I hardly even dare visit threads for current shows, since there's an abundance of people that either have read the manga, or are watching the raws. Even though animesuki has a spoiler policy, once something interesting happens, people just tend to forget about it eventually, and I usually stumble upon posts like that well before any admin's been there to clean it up, if they come at all. (No offense, I realize you're all doing a great job, but it's a big forum and it can be dificult to tell what's a spoiler and what isn't, unless you're following the anime yourself.)

I usually only read manga threads now, or anime threads for complete animes (that I've finished) or those who's mangas I've already read. It's pretty sad, but I learned the hard way, Full Moon included. I knew about the death well before I reached that point, and while the emotional impact remained among the strongest I've felt, the whole lack of suprise, for what was supposed to be a huge twist, still ruined it for me a bit.

To make my post a bit more on topic, and since I guess all my previous FMwS posts are now gone, I can finish by saying that I didn't really think much of the anime as a whole. There was simply too much filler. But the aforementioned episode is one of the strongest and most dramatic episodes I've ever seen, and I'm thankful for having seen it. I just wish it had been a 26-ep anime which would certainly have been enough.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 22:26   Link #132
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
But I was really sad, even I knew this. I always root for Echii and Mitsuki. Sorry, Takuto.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-03, 01:16   Link #133
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

I knew Eichi was way dead from the beginning, too. The heroine's dreams hinge on meeting someone? They're dead. They're always dead.
Old 2006-01-03, 02:14   Link #134
PsychItsMike

Hahaha "They're dead. They're always dead." It just sounds funny >.<. Its true that most of the time they die, sucks but hey thats life i guess
Old 2006-01-04, 16:09   Link #135
hcl4

Here's a look at a fandub that some people did since the chance of this show getting liciensed for R1 is quite slim:
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=bRLIW3CvWD4

IMHO Mereko's VA was quite good but Izumi's was kind of bad.
hcl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 10:02   Link #136
porchoky

well he was jerk anyways.... hehe

I just watched past the part where its revealed eichi is dead, and you're right, it didnt really matter to me if i knew it from the begining or not. Even though I knew, I wasn't even thinking about the fact that he was dead until takuto went into the room. and by then anyone would have figured out he was gone.
porchoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 19:55   Link #137
PsychItsMike

I would have liked to have been surprised about his death but since i just finished the whole series i couldnt really care if he was alive or not. I'm glad hes dead since it made for a better ending. Last ep was the best in my opinion 9/10 for the series.
Old 2006-01-06, 15:59   Link #138
BettiePage

licensed - up for preorder on right stuf

show licensed by viz, 1st dvd is up for pre-order. 4 eps for $25.
BettiePage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 17:48   Link #139
hcl4

Just noticed that its licensed too.
*wonders who Viz will pick for their VAs*

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/68846/4/0/0
hcl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 20:59   Link #140
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Awww, so much of my wish of FUNimation getting it and have their VAs sing the translated songs.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, musical