AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Monogatari Series Second Season - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 33 39.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 23.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 22.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.19%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-09, 04:06   Link #101
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
The only potential lesbian or rather bi is Gabaru.
Kanbaru, you mean. But no, Senjougahara is hinted to be quite kinky (think about what she could have whispered to Araragi in the date episode), as opposed to the more strait-laced Hanekawa.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 05:34   Link #102
Shadow5YA

I wonder if people are forgetting that Hitagi was one half of the Valhalla Combo in middle school along with Kanbaru, who has been known to swing both ways.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 05:48   Link #103
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I wonder if people are forgetting that Hitagi was one half of the Valhalla Combo in middle school along with Kanbaru, who has been known to swing both ways.
Not really, Suruga and the rest of the girls were imagining things Hitagi was too preoccupied with real life to care about these silly school things
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 06:31   Link #104
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Kanbaru, you mean. But no, Senjougahara is hinted to be quite kinky (think about what she could have whispered to Araragi in the date episode), as opposed to the more strait-laced Hanekawa.
Don't say lies about my waifu!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 06:46   Link #105
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Not really, Suruga and the rest of the girls were imagining things Hitagi was too preoccupied with real life to care about these silly school things
A unique aspect of Monogatari is its liberal use of honne (what one really thinks) and tatamae (facade). In that regard, it is difficult to tell when one character is serious and when she is just fooling around. For example Hanekawa noticed that Hachikuji didn't stutter her name.

Certainly Senjougahara has at least learned to play the part well in order to get along with Kanbaru during middle school.
Old 2013-07-09, 11:59   Link #106
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
i think its interesting to note that Hitagi noticed when she was talking to Hanekawa that if she (Hanekawa) asked for Araragi's help more and depended on him then...
meaning its likely Hanekawa would have been more likely to have been going out with Araragi before her
Old 2013-07-09, 12:04   Link #107
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
I'd like to think she's taken a bit of liking on Hanekawa sexually Besides, I thought there were yuri undertones during that scene or maybe that's just my goggles
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 16:20   Link #108
zato_1one

I actually felt a bit sad to see that Roomba burning in fire. It could be only one thing in the house that Hanekawa relied on (to wake her up every morning) and worth memorable. Hanekawa is definitely cuter with short hair but still prefer Senjougahara though. By the way, it's awesome watching Monogatari Series TV broadcast once again. Can't wait to see Kabuki and Otori.

Old 2013-07-09, 17:35   Link #109
kitten320

That was... different. Senjouhara was almost like a completely different person. Similar to what she was at the end of her/first arc. Nicer and more emotional.

Good to know that those two are actually in good relation.
Old 2013-07-09, 17:50   Link #110
achirist

Good first episode, I really hope that Hanekawa never goes back to living with her abusive ""parents"" again. It would be great if the tiger burned them alive or something, but really, she will continue to be plagued by oddities until she can get out of there and work through the issues and trauma she suffered through.
Old 2013-07-10, 01:57   Link #111
revive4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
That was... different. Senjouhara was almost like a completely different person. Similar to what she was at the end of her/first arc. Nicer and more emotional.
Yeah. I just realized the reason that I hate Senjougahara. As all know she is definitely Histrionic personality disorder, PSYCHO, in short.
But They are trying to show her as nice girl by force always. Do you know the lyrics of Kimi no Shiranai monogatari?
It's so hypocritical. And this time, she changed suddenly to a kind hearted girl.

I think the fictional character should not be a multiple personality like her IMO.
Maybe author failed to build her character.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 02:08   Link #112
zato_1one

Senjougahara was rehabilitated by Hanekawa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
Do you know the lyrics of Kimi no Shiranai monogatari?
It's so hypocritical. And this time, she changed suddenly to a kind hearted girl.
Kimi no Shiranai monogatari is actually more refer to Hanekawa.
Old 2013-07-10, 02:29   Link #113
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post

I'm pretty sure supercell wrote that song with Hitagi in mind.

But then again it's just a song and it doesn't have to refer to anyone.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 04:19   Link #114
Malkuth
Banned

I am not the biggest Hitagi fan, but what the...

Quote:
Eh? How so?

Quote:
No, the Bakemonogatari ED is exposing Hitagi's thoughts during the star-seeing trip.
Old 2013-07-10, 05:36   Link #115
Shikijin

Quote:
Eh? How so?
The rehabilitation happened during Nise. If you remember, Senjougahara used to call her "Hanekawa-sama"
Old 2013-07-10, 07:43   Link #116
zato_1one

Quote:
No, the Bakemonogatari ED is exposing Hitagi's thoughts during the star-seeing trip.
It depends on the interpretation. Half of the lyrics does reflect the stargazing scene. But another half is all about unrequited love which I don't think it's in Senjougahara case.
Old 2013-07-10, 08:32   Link #117
mugimugi
bwaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
Yeah. I just realized the reason that I hate Senjougahara. As all know she is definitely Histrionic personality disorder, PSYCHO, in short.
But They are trying to show her as nice girl by force always. Do you know the lyrics of Kimi no Shiranai monogatari?

I think the fictional character should not be a multiple personality like her IMO.
Maybe author failed to build her character.
Oh god what.
mugimugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 08:46   Link #118
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
The rehabilitation happened during Nise. If you remember, Senjougahara used to call her "Hanekawa-sama"
That would be between Bake- and Nise- plus off-camera/script. I can not remember a single scene from the first season that Tsubasa and Hitagi met, but there a couple in Bake- where they refer to casual encounters they had at school. In any case, Nise- starts after what you call "rehabilitation", when Tsubasa "threatens" Hitagi that she will confess "again" (since she forgot the first time she did so) her love to Koyomi, in order to bring Hitagi back to her senses.

Quote:
It depends on the interpretation. Half of the lyrics does reflect the stargazing scene. But another half is all about unrequited love which I don't think it's in Senjougahara case.
OK, I just finished reading the lyrics again after years... definitely not Tsubasa (though I see why you would say that based on the later third), but also it's not Hitagi... It sounds more like Koyomi is thinking about the stargazing scene from Bake- ep.12.
Old 2013-07-10, 08:50   Link #119
mugimugi
bwaka

Quote:
That would be between Bake- and Nise- plus off-camera/script. I can not remember a single scene from the first season that Tsubasa and Hitagi met, but there a couple in Bake- where they refer to casual encounters they had at school. In any case, Nise- starts after what you call "rehabilitation", when Tsubasa "threatens" Hitagi that she will confess "again" (since she forgot the first time she did so) her love to Koyomi, in order to bring Hitagi back to her senses.

OK, I just finished reading the lyrics again after years... definitely not Tsubasa (though I see why you would say that based on the later third), but also it's not Hitagi... It sounds more like Koyomi is thinking about the stargazing scene from Bake- ep.12.
Kanabaru tells Koyomi that Hanekawa and Hitagi have their own little thing going and that she is not really happy about it, meaning jealous. That implies that Hanekawa and Hitagi have some kind of friendship going on.
mugimugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 09:58   Link #120
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugimugi View Post
Kanabaru tells Koyomi that Hanekawa and Hitagi have their own little thing going and that she is not really happy about it, meaning jealous. That implies that Hanekawa and Hitagi have some kind of friendship going on.
I don't remember that, in which episode and/or chapter was it?