AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-07-26, 23:11   Link #1
Sythyn30

Looking for 2 types of Anime

First off I love anime that is comedy/romance/fantasy set in a young age where the characters are often bumbling and awkward, it's entertaining to me LoL! By young age I mean high school/college... 2 Examples come to mind that I really enjoyed, Rosario + Vampire and is there anything after season 2 because I couldn't find it and really would like to know how it ends.. And Sekirei, really enjoyed this one as well so now that you know my tastes suggestions off that type of anime?

Second category would be traditional fantasy like Dungeons and Dragons style.. Elves, dwarves, wizards, dragons, magic, gods, druids, rangers, you get the idea.. Think "Dragonlance Chronicles" or stories of Drizz't if you have ever read any TSR Novels... Two examples that stick out to me here that I really liked were of course "Record of the Lodoss Wars" and "Princess Mononoke"

Now that you know my taste and yes I am a guy and like the warm fuzzy romance thing, ya ya.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Please specify which catergory your suggesting and why I would like it. All feedback is appreciated and thank you!!
Sythyn30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 23:28   Link #2
Sythyn30

On the first category I would like to add I don't want an established relationship, the in's and out's of discovering new love is the fun part to me. Thanks again!
Sythyn30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 23:54   Link #3
anime fan99

for the comedy/romance/fantasy Try Rune Soldier
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 06:51   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythyn30 View Post
On the first category I would like to add I don't want an established relationship, the in's and out's of discovering new love is the fun part to me. Thanks again!
Try REC and Nodame Cantabile. The characters in REC are working, not in school, but the female lead is just 18 and the male lead 24 or so. The characters in Nodame attend a college-level music conservatory.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 07:15   Link #5
Traece
:cool:

For your first one, anything that has Kugimiya Rie as a main character. Specifically I'd look at Shakugan no Shana, Toradora!, and Zero no Tsukaima. If you're not familiar with her name, you'll find it under any sensible definition of the word 'tsundere'.

Hm, D&D-esque huh? I suppose the closest things I can think of are the Tales series. Those games/animes tend to have more of those classic fantasy elements. The problem with trying to find anime heavily drenched in Western fantasy is that it's Western fantasy. Typically you can find bits and pieces, but when you're looking for the whole package that list becomes extremely small.