5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-28, 00:36   Link #21
Gravitas Free Zone

I would think that telling everyone that they're headed to the Ziganshina basement is part of a plan to identify the traitors, but at the same time it seems... dangerous to use the actual plan as bait, instead of some other plausible explanation.

Nice episode overall. My only dislike, and I know that as an English-speaking American I am not the original intended audience of this series and thus this is a silly dislike, is that the English-language song bits are a little disconcerting... Even if they're there to sound cool to the Japanese audience.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 01:10   Link #22
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I would think that telling everyone that they're headed to the Ziganshina basement is part of a plan to identify the traitors, but at the same time it seems... dangerous to use the actual plan as bait, instead of some other plausible explanation.

Nice episode overall. My only dislike, and I know that as an English-speaking American I am not the original intended audience of this series and thus this is a silly dislike, is that the English-language song bits are a little disconcerting... Even if they're there to sound cool to the Japanese audience.
Did you not see how boss Irvin is he doesn't care about risk to busy being a total boss.
Old 2013-07-28, 01:20   Link #23
Sasukeuzi

Quote:
You talking about the track from the OST playing during the end of the ceremony? Meh I'm immune to flubbed English from Japanese singers, but I gotta say that the English is sung a lot better than most Japanese artists can usually sing/speak.

Oya, Jean for President though. He is the MC that Humanity deserves, not the one we need (Eren).
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 01:31   Link #24
JamJackEvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukeuzi View Post
You talking about the track from the OST playing during the end of the ceremony? Meh I'm immune to flubbed English from Japanese singers, but I gotta say that the English is sung a lot better than most Japanese artists can usually sing/speak.
I once listened to Kyosuke Himuro singing alongside Gerard Way (singer from My Chemical Romance) in English. The song was nice, but Kyosuke tries to hide his accent by going for some husky, experimental singing that is intelligible most of the time. I don't even know if that's how he usually sings in Japanese.

And as you said, the OST playing in that scene was speaking English a lot better than other Japanese singers.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 02:00   Link #25
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

You have no idea how bad the German parts of the OST are being sung...
Old 2013-07-28, 02:28   Link #26
darklegends8

Also did anyone notice reluctant heroes being played on the piano? or maybe I'm just hallucinating after listening to too many youtube covers for it.
Old 2013-07-28, 02:28   Link #27
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hahaha... Jean is the best.... but I think Eren's reunion with his classmates is something I already waiting for long

so many epicness and awesomeness in this episode... it's just too hard to wrap them up
whole episode is entertaining... and great prelude for greater arc and troubles ahead

I always thought Sasha never got desperate and always be easy-going... but this episode proves me wrong...
too bad we can't see Annie in Recon Troops...
Even Christa got her own spotlight in this episode....

Erwin's persuasion is also the best... nothing covered... opened all facts and let them decide
dat feels when everyone leaves you alone in the center.... so epic
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 02:58   Link #28
yankky5

For the first time in a while no recaps!! xD

anyway, I really do forget the humor moments of this series so much gloom and doom that it gets boring sometimes.
Old 2013-07-28, 02:59   Link #29
backbone
Banned

Pretty impressive episode. The part i liked the most is when Jean reminiscing the dead Marco, whom being his sole motivation for joining survey corps. It was truly magnificent and tearjerking scene that i was bawling like baby (mainly because i'm kinda sensitive with this sort of thing).

About female titan who appeared on preview, surprisingly it looks very creepy instead of sexy, which is expected
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 03:22   Link #30
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

The only thing I am worried about is Erwin's disclosure of their plan to retake the basement. Such important piece of information. Also I really cannot guessed a single bits of his "hidden plan". I am very confused with his plan.
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 03:57   Link #31
ookamigirl

This time it was shown how the soldiers think.
It was really nicely done too.
Constant fear of death + difficult decisions = various survival strategies
Joining the Survey Corps is practically suicide.
Despite overwhelming fear, their motivation was stronger.
It's nice how everyone supports Eren.. hope he'll justify it.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 07:07   Link #32
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
You have no idea how bad the German parts of the OST are being sung...
That's harsh, despite some grammatical errors it's A LOT better than 95% of the german you usually get in anime- just look at the full-on fail that is Valvrave's use of the language.... "Blitzendegen" what the absolute fuck.
It's a difficult language and I feel like they actually tried... it's definitely better than when westerners try to sing/speak japanese.. or even ENGLISH for that matter.. *cough*

Generally, as a multilingual person, I think it's fair to cut non-native speakers some slack, particularly if you happen to be a person who only speaks one language.

That said, what will I do with myself when this is over and we'll only have monthly manga releases? D: There won't be anything of comparable awesomeness to watch... *rolls into a ball and cries a little*
Old 2013-07-28, 07:25   Link #33
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Female Titan => Big boobs incoming !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 08:04   Link #34
shalala

Soooo I guess this means we wouldn't be seeing Anne any time soon? The recruitment of the recon coups where just beautiful. I'm starting to like Jean.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 09:40   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a really good episode. Jean has become a very likable character. I like him even more than Eren now.
Old 2013-07-28, 10:16   Link #36
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaLideaL View Post
The only thing I am worried about is Erwin's disclosure of their plan to retake the basement. Such important piece of information. Also I really cannot guessed a single bits of his "hidden plan". I am very confused with his plan.
Erwin's speech in part seemed lilke bait to draw out the elements who maybe working against the miltary as whole to keep them from learning about the Titans.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 10:33   Link #37
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Erwin's speech in part seemed lilke bait to draw out the elements who maybe working against the miltary as whole to keep them from learning about the Titans.
Sure, but usually when you do that you use a fake plan, not the real plan. The basement might be a very long way off in the future, but the Allies didn't announce to the Nazis, a year in advance, that they were going to land in Normandy.

Unless the basement is a red herring, but nothing we've seen so far indicates anything remotely like that level of subterfuge from the human military.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 11:24   Link #38
Gundamx

Quote:
Sure, but usually when you do that you use a fake plan, not the real plan. The basement might be a very long way off in the future, but the Allies didn't announce to the Nazis, a year in advance, that they were going to land in Normandy.

Unless the basement is a red herring, but nothing we've seen so far indicates anything remotely like that level of subterfuge from the human military.
and what is better bait than humanity last hope?
+
he didn't say where it is since only few people(3?) know where is Eren house + after it become known he is titan = it no longer become easy to ask or search info about him
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 11:41   Link #39
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I really enjoyed this week from start to finish. I only say so because I'm one of those who hasn't really been feeling AoT for a while now; in fact watching it has felt like a bit of a chore to me more or less since episode 6 or 7. I've mostly kept up with it -- falling behind a week or two here and there -- because I was told it would be worth it in the long run.

Some really great stuff here with Jean, the occasionally narm-y trauma faces aside. We finally get to really see what makes him an appropriate and effective leader of our crew.

I still can't bring myself to care about Eren one way or the other, but that's not such a problem now that he's become a vital plot element. He's also an important part of who Mikasa and Armin are, and why they act as they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I thought so too, but that would indicate that the less obvious "enemy" that he was referring to is an organized entity practicing some amount of subterfuge. I had previously assumed that he was alluding to the shortsighted, foolish, and counterproductive elements among humanity, who we've already seen a few times now.

They could go one of two ways with this: Either there's a real threat, or misunderstandings and paranoia among themselves will threaten to tear the forces of humanity apart. I'm fine with either possibility.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 12:04   Link #40
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

the female titan arc, I've been hearing about this since episode 1, I hope it lives up to the hype.

I'm guessing that the only shigashina survivors are eren, mikasa and armin so disclosing that fact won't be as important than telling everyone what eren's former address was.

that bit about the female titan possessing intelligence, looks like there's a human in there. of course manga readers would know already
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote