Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-01-12, 10:31   Link #41
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
best opening song of the season that dance...

the art is disgus---- I mean awesome as usual those expressions... I don't know how could they found such awesome seiyuu to voice out Kazuma, Aqua, Megumin, and Darkness
all of them are flawless

This episode might be really funny but I found hard time to laugh wholeheartedly... simply because I lamented Kazuma's fate for being in really bad position after doing so much things for the city
at least, Chris, Kyouya, and Wiz are always on Kazuma's side

and I hope nothing will happen to Lalat--- I mean Darkness
Revealing her identity might lead us to her arc soon but I really hope she could help Kazuma to return his fortune
Those last scenes are really painful
Indeed. it is like everything resets to zero. Also, the art.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 11:08   Link #42
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Oh no, I can't imagine what that sleazy Aldarp has in store for Lalatina.

I just finished an Ace Attorney game, so that whole trial sequence was so satisfying to watch. I forgot how shitty a ton of these characters and townspeople are. Also, that prosecutor lady~ <3
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 11:13   Link #43
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

i could've sworn every time our main cast does something it results in a karma,
still not sure considered Kazuma as a total douche bag that he deserves said punishment, that & dragging the girls along with him.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 11:45   Link #44
gocav

One minute into the show and my gut was already in pain from laughing. And I started crying when the guy at the trial yelled "he even gave me a coupon!" in Kazuma's defense. But the best part was when the Explosion spell went off. I had no idea how much I've missed that sound until now.

Also, I haven't read the LNs and don't want to know about the upcoming story, but I do have one question. Does Aqua's lack of panties get explained or should I just assume the animation team messed that up.
gocav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 12:21   Link #45
Nirvash0

Aqua commando is a anime only thing.

Never once in the novel the panties (or the lack) of aqua are mentioned.
Nirvash0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 13:03   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was an hilarious start to this new season! Kazuma might be scum, but he gets treated far worse than he deserves. I felt really bad for him in this ep.

So glad this show is back.
Old 2017-01-12, 13:24   Link #47
gocav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvash0 View Post
Aqua commando is a anime only thing.

Never once in the novel the panties (or the lack) of aqua are mentioned.
I was actually starting to wonder if there was going to be a joke at some point that Kazuma had used "Steal" on her, but her INT is so low that she just hadn't noticed it.
gocav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 14:25   Link #48
kari-no-sugata II

Aqua is shown having striped panties in the LN images.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 16:10   Link #49
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Was the art always so bad...? I mean, it's so bad I actually consider putting this on hold till a better version comes out. I honestly don't remember season 1 being that bad.

Having said that, ep 1 was mostly fun, which is even more of a pity.
Old 2017-01-12, 16:40   Link #50
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I think anyone who suggests the animation is so bad that they couldn't focus on anything else is watching this series for the wrong reasons. It honestly never crossed my mind until I started reading comments about it after I'd watched, and even after that, I don't particularly care. KonoSuba is all about the funny. It could be cardboard cutout Flash animation and it'd still be as funny.
Old 2017-01-12, 16:41   Link #51
sparhawk1610
Asura

I laugh so hard, it is truly amazing comedy!
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 16:42   Link #52
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Oh no, I can't imagine what that sleazy Aldarp has in store for Lalatina.
He's probably going to have her play dominatrix on him. She's part of Kazuma's team, there's no way something good will happen to her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 16:51   Link #53
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Was this anime always this poorly animated, or is the second season's first episode just really really low budget for some reason? I bet all of that money went into those explosions
Old 2017-01-12, 17:03   Link #54
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Honestly the animation is kinda part of what makes it funny, for me at least.

Spoiler for Kinda hard to not laugh at this imho:

Also this dance is just hilarious to me xD

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 17:13   Link #55
Ulin

Yep, animation seemed even worse than the 1st season... but, seriously, who cares? We are here for the lolz, not for the animation quality
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 17:27   Link #56
Peanutbutter

First half of the premier episode was decent with Kazuma in jail. Second half felt rather rushed and seems overdramatized.

May be just me but I kinda felt they went overboard with the derpy art. Sure, it helps in the comedy in the first season. But for better or for worse, when it does not make you laugh, it makes you cringe.

P.S: Props to Aqua's posterior. I'll never look at a skirt the same again.

P.P.S: Got a nice Aqua frame:

Images
large image
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2017-01-12 at 17:45.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 17:29   Link #57
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I think anyone who suggests the animation is so bad that they couldn't focus on anything else is watching this series for the wrong reasons. It honestly never crossed my mind until I started reading comments about it after I'd watched, and even after that, I don't particularly care. KonoSuba is all about the funny. It could be cardboard cutout Flash animation and it'd still be as funny.
Came to thread just to confirm that I'm not the only one who went "was the animation this bad before?" because I distinctly remember it being quite decent. And the flashbacks at the start illustrate that too. Yes the humor is definetly most of the enjoyment, but... the quality drop is there.

The main offender is that everything is very lopsided. Their eyes are not even in the right place most of the frames. Also they seem to make a lot more funny faces then before, which was fun for a while but at one point it got to the point where it was obvious they were definetly using the funny face (and same funny face) just so they wouldnt have to draw the normal face.... in many scenes it would have been a lot funnier to use the normal face!
Old 2017-01-12, 18:24   Link #58
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Came to thread just to confirm that I'm not the only one who went "was the animation this bad before?" because I distinctly remember it being quite decent. And the flashbacks at the start illustrate that too. Yes the humor is definetly most of the enjoyment, but... the quality drop is there.

The main offender is that everything is very lopsided. Their eyes are not even in the right place most of the frames. Also they seem to make a lot more funny faces then before, which was fun for a while but at one point it got to the point where it was obvious they were definetly using the funny face (and same funny face) just so they wouldnt have to draw the normal face.... in many scenes it would have been a lot funnier to use the normal face!
Indeed. Also, while the comedy is easily the number 1 reason we're here, there is still a lot of fanservice in the series (hard not to have a lot of that with a hero like Kazuma), and frankly if the characters are drawn like crap that takes a bit away from the service, and losing appreciation for the service can then diminish humor that is based on said service.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 20:26   Link #59
Boukenxha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocav View Post
I was actually starting to wonder if there was going to be a joke at some point that Kazuma had used "Steal" on her, but her INT is so low that she just hadn't noticed it.
This remind me that wasn't it in S1 that Kazuma used it on Aqua but got Megumin's pantsu instead? This scene didn't happen in the LN? Or was Kazuma supposed to take away Aqua's pantsu that didn't exist in the anime?

Anyway, this episode was hilarious, better than the good old Konosuba I remember. S2 must have stepped up on the comedy execution or I must have miss this guys more than I realized lol.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 21:16   Link #60
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Indeed. Also, while the comedy is easily the number 1 reason we're here, there is still a lot of fanservice in the series (hard not to have a lot of that with a hero like Kazuma), and frankly if the characters are drawn like crap that takes a bit away from the service, and losing appreciation for the service can then diminish humor that is based on said service.
I think the girls are well drawn when they actually focus in fanservice scenes like when they show Aqua's OP ass or when those two women were called to the court to testify against Kazuma. Everything else is just for the fun. The funny derpy figures and epic reaction faces through the episode is what makes this even more comical. That happened in season 1 too and only Megumin's explosions had more care while animating it. I really don't see any notable difference in that department. It's perfect the way it is imo. However, having just 10 episodes, especially after the big success season 1 had, was kinda cheesy and a disappointment. Unless Studio DEEN plans to drag this series for future seasons in the following years instead of using all the LN material now. I would not mind that tho.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote