AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-07, 18:22   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny

Media Blasters have announced the license for Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny at Anime Expo 2007.

Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny was produced by MFI, therefore we didn't list fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is licensed, the following posts are not allowed.
  • Asking where you can find Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny downloads or torrents.
  • Providing links to Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny.
  • Asking for playback help for Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. End of edit by Mod (xris)

Production Company: Genco

Genre: Fighting girls in very short skirt!

Expected Release Date: February 2007

This is a sequel to the Ikkitousen series that came out in 2003. The most notable thing about that series was the abundance of fanservice that was mostly comprised of panty shots. One of my German friend once told me few years back that Ikkitousen was a major success in Germany. He sheepishly told me he liked the show for the story. Yeah. That was a good laugh. The main cast seems to have changed as there are few more new names in the cast, most notably, the addition of Nabatame Hitomi who voiced Miki in Noodle Fighter Miki. She will be voicing as Kan'u Unchou in this series. The synopsis in the following is from the 2003-Ikkitousen series to give a bit of an idea about the show, courtesy of animenfo.
The flying start of a high school hegemony!!

The glorious fighting days of a violent 17 year old girl.
"I can't believe the champion is a "kitty" like that..."

Kantou, a place where high school students fight with each other in bone smashing battles. There, 7 high school forces Rakuyou High, Nanyou Academy, Kyosa Academy, Youshu Campus, Yoshu Academy, Seitou Campus, Ryoshu High fight to prove their strength to the world.

With no regards to gender, the high schools are always together fighting. One day, some boys amused by the fighting, decides to put Madatama (ancient comma shaped jewels) to their bodies. The Madatamas they possessed held the fate of the warriors from the Sangokushi period long ago whose spirits got sealed within.

The story takes place in Nanyou Campus where the violent high school heroine, Sonsaku Hakufu has transferred to. She possesses the spirit of the Koutou Champion, Sonsaku who passed away at the age 26. The Sonsaku who is destined to fight. Shuuyu Koukin is worried about Sonsaku so he watches over his childhood friend. But, because of him worrying, Sonsaku just gets excited about the battles.

However, an order was issued to defeat Sonsaku and so she is attacked by strong enemies one after the other. Sonsaku was able to get through all the battles due to her strength but, before long, she fights with one of the top 4 fighters of Nanyou, Ryomou Shimei. But, in the dark lies a conspiracy for hegemony. What will become of Sonsaku Hakufu's fate....!?

"Ikkitousen" refers to strength of how one person can fight a thousand people at once.
Looking forward to it!

Last edited by xris; 2007-07-02 at 18:07.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 18:28   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

From the looks of the images on the official site, i get the feeling it'll be carrying on from where the first series ended (you can tell that thanks to which characters appear on the site). Its also good to know that they're not changing the VA's from the first series.
Old 2006-12-07, 18:34   Link #3
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:

Genre: Fighting girls in very short skirt!
lol.

It is always funny when they try a historical drama in a high school setting.

edit, who might that teal hair girl with the fan be.

Last edited by anselfir; 2006-12-07 at 21:37.
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 20:20   Link #4
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Well here's something to look forward to. But, will they put sex scenes? That sort of thing isn't exactly.....work safe

Ok ok, putting that aside, I expect a more higher wardrobe cost as clothes may seemingly be made out of nylon

Wait, there are only two ways for the clothes to be ripped, one is that divine wind way, the other is....ripping it with your bare hands
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 01:15   Link #5
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
edit, who might that teal hair girl with the fan be.
I would like to know that as well. Those who read the manga, Battle Vixen, may have the answer for us.

Speaking of manga, I call on NeoSam for service by providing us with the manga covers whenever he can. NeoSam might like this show, or might not due to the lack of cutie pies aka kawaii~ lolis. Did I mention NeoSam is great!?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 01:23   Link #6
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I hope you guys are joking.

Iko is base on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Name how characters in ROTK have a feather fan

Also the manga was a lot better then the anime. And i read it for the story too
Old 2007-01-02, 07:02   Link #7
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

.... Doesn't look like they're bringing back all of the previous cast.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 07:12   Link #8
eggplant
Eggplant

It looks like the AT-X version will take a no holds barred approach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNv9OmF57SE

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 07:36   Link #9
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

woah now that is shocking!!
everything in that whole trailer was UNCENSORED!!
but i have watched the whole Ikkitousen series before this one and actually owns some volumes of the manga and yea the manga is better than the first season of Ikkitousen the anime
but this new season looks very promising
plus theres no>>>um "cover" for their ripped up shirts
unlike the first season there were some scenes lIke that
but most of them were scenes when they were in the hotspring and stuff
but not during the fight scenes
wow i"m looking forward to watching this one this year!!
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 07:57   Link #10
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

.. Then I'm definitely sticking for the show, neh

Like Xell, I'm watching for the story too
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 08:09   Link #11
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Oh, wow! This looks even sadder and trashier than the first one. "NOW WITH MORE NUDITY!" - a perfect marketing move, I agree.

In a way, Ikkitousen 2 was inevitable, since those nude and seminude figures were selling like hotcakes for a reason that is beyond my understanding. I think the amount of Ryomo Shimei figures have seriously threatened the undisputed crown held by Rei Ayanami figures. Oh, wait, Ryomo is a clone of Rei... figures.

Alright, I kid, I kid, no more snarking. 8)

BTW, the jewel is called Magatama.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 08:22   Link #12
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lol O.o i actually have the first few volumes of this...and heres my mum thinking im a perv
didnt know there was a season one for this...right definatly have to watch the first season before this starts

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 08:39   Link #13
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I will be watching this series for one simple reason; I would finally actually get to watch my favourte "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" characters at work.
To be honest, Sonsaku is boring for me ; In my mind, the REAL main characters had always been at Seito Gakuen.

Seriously, never-mind that Kan-u Unchou is technically an Asian deity, him and his old mate Chouhi Ekitoku is just too cool. I hope female Chouhi gets to have her snake-halberd still.

And then there is my personal hero, Shokatsuryou Koumei. (諸葛亮孔明/ Zhuge Liang)
We are talking about quite possibly the smarted person in Ancient China. Here is a legend about his intellect:
Once, a small fortress Koumei happened to reside in was besieged. There wasn't enough men to withstand against a frontal-assault by the enemy, even though rescue would come in a week.

So what did Koumei do? He walked out of the fortress by the front gates with a chair, sat down at the entrance, and did nothing. The enemies were so freaked out by his reputation that they refused to attack; after all it had to be a trap right?

When it gets dark, he packed up his chair, went back into the fortress, and repeated everything the next day.

This went on for a week until the reinforcement arrived and forced the enemies off.

...This probably isn't true, but who cares? It's a fun tale, and no less believable than Chouhi Ekitoku blocking a whole enemy army at a bridge single-handedly. (He declared "Anyone who attacks first, will die first!". No one in the enemy army went forward, and this standoff went on for a while until they just turned back and went home. )
Old 2007-01-02, 13:38   Link #14
prince leon
red knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

Definitely the version to watch. I'll be blogging this baby for sure.
Old 2007-01-02, 18:51   Link #15
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The new trailer is showing more characters that appear in the later part of the manga, so i'm starting to believe even more that this series shall carry on in some form from the first series.

Spoiler:

& 100000+ points for adding my favorite character Teni into the trailer. <3
Old 2007-01-02, 19:12   Link #16
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Oh, wow! This looks even sadder and trashier than the first one. "NOW WITH MORE NUDITY!" - a perfect marketing move, I agree.

In a way, Ikkitousen 2 was inevitable, since those nude and seminude figures were selling like hotcakes for a reason that is beyond my understanding. I think the amount of Ryomo Shimei figures have seriously threatened the undisputed crown held by Rei Ayanami figures. Oh, wait, Ryomo is a clone of Rei... figures.

Alright, I kid, I kid, no more snarking. 8)

BTW, the jewel is called Magatama.
*Hides his Kanu Unchou figurines form MrProphet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Seriously, never-mind that Kan-u Unchou is technically an Asian deity, him and his old mate Chouhi Ekitoku is just too cool. I hope female Chouhi gets to have her snake-halberd still.
I got a new statue to worship

Quote:
And then there is my personal hero, Shokatsuryou Koumei. (諸葛亮孔明/ Zhuge Liang)
We are talking about quite possibly the smarted person in Ancient China.
I will be waiting for the Figurine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNa
.. Then I'm definitely sticking for the show, neh

Like Xell, I'm watching for the story too
Fap first and don't think about it.
Old 2007-01-02, 20:11   Link #17
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Spoiler for the wholesale objectification of women. High resolution pantsu/under-boob advisory:
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 20:21   Link #18
Freeter
beyond

Miki/Mikoto/Yuuna/Margery Dow voicing Kanu...and nipplage. This has already skyrocketed to the top of my 'Must See' list

I wonder how far they'll actually cover in terms of the manga though, since there have been some interesting developments...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-02, 20:22   Link #19
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Aww can't even see a nipple in that picture, unlike the trailer.

Anyway, it looks like they're still wearing paper clothing that rips at the slightest contact to make for the skin shots. And this time even the bras are made out of paper, or they simply stopped wearing em. Sex sells.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 20:26   Link #20
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
Spoiler for the wholesale objectification of women. High resolution pantsu/under-boob advisory:
To Fap

Spoiler:

Or not to Fap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Miki/Mikoto/Yuuna/Margery Dow voicing Kanu...and nipplage. This has already skyrocketed to the top of my 'Must See' list

I wonder how far they'll actually cover in terms of the manga though, since there have been some interesting developments...

Spoiler:
What vol are you guys on. I am on vol11 raw.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2007-01-02 at 20:42.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote