Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-10-08, 21:22   Link #81
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Nice to see that people posted thier first profile already.
And great having some old characters SW style.

I'm still WIP with my characters but I decided to post the Betas.

Profiles and images are still WIP.

Spoiler for Erich Dornwald - Karlsländer Strike Wizard:

Spoiler for Rin Shuriyama - Fuso Strike Witch:
Here they come!

*adds Elric and Rinya to the USS Intrepid Strike Marines roster.*

I'll be taking advantage of the lack of Neuroi in Asia to be attributed to the physical environment, and the efforts of the OC squadron disrupting any attempt to gain a foothold. Plus we get to have the Fuso Sea Incident in 1945 as the climax battle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
Except that speed is nothing if maintenance is horrifying, something the Meteor doesn't suffer compared to the Me-262.

Spoiler for First of the Witches in "Witches in 'Nam 1970":

Spoiler for First of the 'Nam veterans in "Witches in 'Nam 1970":
Looks pretty good, and more characters!

Just need to correlate with the progression of communism with the effects of Neuroi. The lack of mention of China is another confusing/disturbing bit, considering that the country had a big effect on the commie front in SEA. If they disappeared, would Communism have even managed to spread into SEA, which is still under colonial rule? Also, the nationalist fervor may not have ignited if the western powers never waned, or the colonies may have been signed into 1 entity successfully since the locals never came to power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
@Kha: I just realized an issue with this character. Air Vice Marshal is basically as senior as a 3-stars and they would have their assigned numbered Air Force (constituting several wings or air bases). A wing commander would be lower ranked than this...
Oops my bad. I'll reconsider that; but there is a need for a higher-up after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Version 1, some more info needed.

Spoiler for ”Profile:

A few notes:
• 4th Strike Squadron is a fictional squadron I made up to fit into the Suomus Air Force. Same goes for the commander and the rest of the members. They work in a slightly different way than a regular Strike Squadron (I think).

• I’m not so sure about her stealth “Spell” power. I’m looking for something similar to a camouflage technique, if this won’t fit. Maybe some kind of optical illusion simulating the sky or something could work. Anything that makes her less visible and that can use magic.

• Of the little canon info I have and understand, Baltland has not been invaded by Neuroi, because of Suomus stopping them from the east. If anyone else has any other info regarding the status of Baltland it would be appreciated.
ILLYA!!!

*ahem*

Our first stealth character. Future Witches maybe learning a lot from her, from Raptors to F117 or B52.
Old 2008-10-08, 21:50   Link #82
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Anyway I've been busy, but now I've got a bit of time so I might as well join the party with another profile....
Spoiler for I'm an equal opportunity bender...:

And to go along with this new profile...
Spoiler for A sensitive subject...:
Hooray for Drabbles!

Compiled Crap:
Characters:
OC Erin Villamor
OC Thomasina“Killer” McGuire; See Above.
OC Lowe “Gear” Basa
Clare “Lingo” Caldwell
Kha “Crash” Truscott
Pasqualina “Phoenix” Fanali
Joan "Tempest" Foss
Evangline McCampbell
Kagerou Ohta

Shorts:
A Sensitive Subject; See Above
This End Toward Enemy...
The Obligtory Bar fight...
A study in Contrasting Command Styles...
Beware of low flying birds...

Main Fic Thingy:
The Other Girls:
Chapter 1.1, 1.2

Last edited by Tk3997; 2008-10-26 at 11:24.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 21:57   Link #83
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Just need to correlate with the progression of communism with the effects of Neuroi. The lack of mention of China is another confusing/disturbing bit, considering that the country had a big effect on the commie front in SEA. If they disappeared, would Communism have even managed to spread into SEA, which is still under colonial rule? Also, the nationalist fervor may not have ignited if the western powers never waned, or the colonies may have been signed into 1 entity successfully since the locals never came to power?
Nope, I was looking at this from another angle. Communism would STILL spread even if the Neuroi invaded, except...that it would be probably be much, much easier for Communism to spread in the SW-verse than in our world, mainly because people can take chance of the chaos to spread their respective ideologies. This includes nationalist fervour, which persisted after the existence of Neuroi are made public.

For example, the split of Karlsland. Since the current (Nazi) government would still fall into the late 1940s due to the Neuroi invasion, Orussia took the chance to make inroads in their quest to spread Communism all over the world, splitting Karlsland into the West-backed West Karlsland, and the Orussian-backed East Karsland. The circumstances and how it happened might be different, but the end result is the same.

As for the Chinese, part of the democratic government was wiped out (provided it exist in the anime, I suspect that it was taken out in the novels as a huge political "F*** YOU" to the mainland Chinese) after another wave of Neuroi attacks, sending the remainders to seek refuge in what would eventually become Taiwan. Because the people have lost faith in their past leaders (who abandoned them for their own selves), the citizens backed the Communists, who have sworn to defend their ancestral lands with all their might (human waves, HABEEB IT).

Last edited by kct; 2008-10-08 at 22:18.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 22:41   Link #84
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Dogfights! Oh man, that program had me glued to the screen in Canada, and made me growl in frustration by the fact that we don't have history channel over here.

... which in turn makes me wonder why I never bothered to 'tube it before.

*goes of to stream dogfights while writing profiles*
Look up Y-29 on youtube that was maybe my fav ep of the series. It really read like something out fiction.

Quote:
Double post, I know, but yay for first profile finished!

Spoiler for A familiar face:
Didn't take long for her to show up did it?

My only remark would be that Meteors only began to show up very late in the war so if she'd been active for any length of time she would have had to be using some other aircraft for most of the conflict.

Quote:
I thought of making her Karlslander at first, then with her name I figured she'd be better fit as a Fuso (considering Keroko is actually spellable in Japanese, or so I found out), but because of her obsession with guns, speed and war she ended up being Liberion.
Liberian's have more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
And then suddenly...

Spoiler for ;p:
Didn't take long for her to show up either and as usual for Aaron big profile is big. I've kind of moved away from big ass profiles I just kind of give a general outline then start writing.

Quote:
Yes, I watched Strike Witches.
Yes, I liked it.
Yes, I'm completing the three OC Aces here as well by porting in my OC from the Nanoha OC thread.

Why? Blame Keroko for the indirect push to make me start watching.

*RUNS!!!*
What I don't get a mention?!

Quote:
Apparently I've lost twice to Keroko at speed.
Well Keroko does really like red that probably makes him at least three times faster...

Quote:
First profile of Strike Wizard: Miasma of War
Spoiler for Another familiar face:
And so Kha once more can't resist the crack... Well since you've got the male version covered I'll handle the female version...

Quote:
I added the quotes after seeing Erin and Keroko having them.
You're all copy cat thieves. Actually I think I stole that from someone else so acutally I shouldn't be talking...

Quote:

Very nice art work as always. (TK still wishes he could draw for shit...)

Last edited by Tk3997; 2008-10-09 at 01:10.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 23:05   Link #85
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well when it comes to China, I can understand why it's 'conveniently' skipped out.
BTW, I think Taiwan would go by the name of Formosa in Strike Witch settings and perhaps as a part of the Fuso Empire protectorate or something...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 23:23   Link #86
kct

Quote:
Well when it comes to China, I can understand why it's 'conveniently' skipped out.
BTW, I think Taiwan would go by the name of Formosa in Strike Witch settings and perhaps as a part of the Fuso Empire protectorate or something...
No wonder I seemed to got something wrong when I mentioned Taiwan. They would probably become the mainland Chinese's safe haven, protected by the West (much like its real life counterpart).
Old 2008-10-09, 00:42   Link #87
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
It was supposedly wiped out before WWII and the Fusang expedition was what's left of the Chinese (or in our case, the Formosan Empire). A huge Refugee effort.
Old 2008-10-09, 05:45   Link #88
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for submission for a character:

I wonder if this is acceptable.
An elder mage? That's certainly a unique concept here... so if I understand correctly, she doesn't actively participate in combat, but observes and analyzes from a distance?

Quote:
Don't forget the red paint job.
Of course not.

Quote:
Damn j00 un da red paint job!!! D:
Get more red.

Quote:
And then suddenly...

Spoiler for ;p:
Enter Amalia. Now if our OC's familiars mysteriously vanish, we know where to look.

Quote:
Yes, I watched Strike Witches.
Yes, I liked it.
Yes, I'm completing the three OC Aces here as well by porting in my OC from the Nanoha OC thread.

Why? Blame Keroko for the indirect push to make me start watching.

*RUNS!!!*
The pleasure was all mine.

Quote:
P.S. Kha, Keroko. Mind if our OC's personally know each other?
Not at all.

Quote:

Lovely images as usual. Not much to go on beyond that, but in ways its even better.

Quote:
Except that speed is nothing if maintenance is horrifying, something the Meteor doesn't suffer compared to the Me-262.
Really? That's good to know.
Quote:
Version 1, some more info needed.

Spoiler for ”Profile:

A few notes:
• 4th Strike Squadron is a fictional squadron I made up to fit into the Suomus Air Force. Same goes for the commander and the rest of the members. They work in a slightly different way than a regular Strike Squadron (I think).

• I’m not so sure about her stealth “Spell” power. I’m looking for something similar to a camouflage technique, if this won’t fit. Maybe some kind of optical illusion simulating the sky or something could work. Anything that makes her less visible and that can use magic.

• Of the little canon info I have and understand, Baltland has not been invaded by Neuroi, because of Suomus stopping them from the east. If anyone else has any other info regarding the status of Baltland it would be appreciated.
That first quite had the image of a druid ingrained into my memory. WoW has corrupted me ;_;.

I don't see much problems with the spell, every Witch seems to have their own unique spells and talents. Besides, Angelica's spell even has the risk of her getting caught in Friendly Fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Anyway I've been busy, but now I've got a bit of time so I might as well join the party with another profile....

Hooray for Drabbles!

Will read the profiles and hopefully comment soon.
I'm thinking that on those few occasions Thomasina and Keroko aren't busy beating eachother into a pulp, they'll get along just fine.

Quote:
Look up Y-29 on youtube that was maybe my fav ep of the series. It really read like something out fiction.
Will do.

Quote:
Didn't take long for her to show up did it?

My only remark would be that Meteors only began to show up very late in the war so if she'd been active for any length of time she would have had to be using some other aircraft for most of the conflict.
Yeah, I know, and she has. Most of he stories will be set during the later stages of the war, so I didn't think it wat that important.

Quote:
Liberian's have more fun.
Stereotypical American war loving, gun crazy speedfreak? Present.

Quote:
Didn't take long for her to show up either and as usual for Aaron big profile is big. I've kind of moved away from big ass profiles I just kind of give a general outline then start writing.
I try to do that as well, though sometimes I still get... carried away.

*observes the piles of scrapped text in Helena's profile*

Quote:
Well Keroko does really like red that probably makes him at least three times faster...
Now I need to start painting my actual fics red, maybe then I'll actually get some of those finished.

Quote:
And so Kha once more can't resist the crack... Well since you've got the male version covered I'll handle the female version...
This one isn't that bad, is it?

Quote:
You're all copy cat thieves. Actually I think I stole that from someone else so acutally I shouldn't be talking...
I can't recall if someone did it before me, but I started using quotes since Syn's second rewrite.

Quote:
Very nice art work as always. (TK still wishes he could draw for shit...)
Seconded. But at least I can cannibalize stuff, I guess that's something.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-10-09 at 08:02.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 06:08   Link #89
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Nope, I was looking at this from another angle. Communism would STILL spread even if the Neuroi invaded, except...that it would be probably be much, much easier for Communism to spread in the SW-verse than in our world, mainly because people can take chance of the chaos to spread their respective ideologies. This includes nationalist fervour, which persisted after the existence of Neuroi are made public.

For example, the split of Karlsland. Since the current (Nazi) government would still fall into the late 1940s due to the Neuroi invasion, Orussia took the chance to make inroads in their quest to spread Communism all over the world, splitting Karlsland into the West-backed West Karlsland, and the Orussian-backed East Karsland. The circumstances and how it happened might be different, but the end result is the same.

As for the Chinese, part of the democratic government was wiped out (provided it exist in the anime, I suspect that it was taken out in the novels as a huge political "F*** YOU" to the mainland Chinese) after another wave of Neuroi attacks, sending the remainders to seek refuge in what would eventually become Taiwan. Because the people have lost faith in their past leaders (who abandoned them for their own selves), the citizens backed the Communists, who have sworn to defend their ancestral lands with all their might (human waves, HABEEB IT).
Duly noted.

Quote:

Hooray for Drabbles!

Will read the profiles and hopefully comment soon.
Spoiler for Early 1945, RLS Intrepid launch party, California:
Terrified yeap.

Quote:
Feel free.

Quote:
I can say I've taken stealing to a wholly original level. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
It was supposedly wiped out before WWII and the Fusang expedition was what's left of the Chinese (or in our case, the Formosan Empire). A huge Refugee effort.
Noted as well.

Quote:
Enter Amalia. Now if our OC's familiars mysteriously vanish, we know where to look.
She certainly spoils Crest with beef jerkies.

And at least she's not a pantsu thief.

~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

I've updated Kirby's profile to include a bit more on his magical power, and increased his rank and age. He will be the LRS Intrepid Joint Air Group's flight captain (or better term), in the same role as Mio in the anime. Strike Wizard 0 will cover his early career as one of the founding members of the Advanced Tactica project-X (ATX) Team on the Intrepid, but in the meantime, this story will be told from Sgt. Hanamori Momoko's POV, and revolves around the newly-formed Joint Air Group 7.

I think some of us might like Kirby's magical ability, Eagle Eyes. It is the ability that affects both of his eyes, allowing them to resolve really small objects at great distances, and can penetrate guises and shroud, allowing him to detect Neuroi cores and coordinate assaults. However, it takes effort to control, and if he isn't careful, ends up penetrating clothing...

...being in an all-women situation, as much as it seems otherwise, Kirby does not find it profitable.

You can find his profile here.

Last edited by Kha; 2008-10-09 at 06:27.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 08:06   Link #90
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
I don't see much problems with the spell, every Witch seems to have their own unique spells and talents. Besides, Angelica's spell even has the risk of her getting caught in Friendly Fire.
Hmm, good point, I didn't think of that. I'll try and come up with something that will make her visible to her friendlies...or something.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 09:18   Link #91
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Say AX, if late in 1944, there was a call for witches to join carrier-based joint air group, and with hostilities in Europe dying down, will Alice and any other of your OCs be available?

This call goes out to anyone with OCs in that era as well. I'm compiling a roster, much like how I fit as many OCs as I could back in Nanoha OC. Let's see how this'll take us.
Old 2008-10-09, 09:24   Link #92
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Wouldn't be entirely impossible. Some relocation isn't bad for combat experience and since Angelica hasn't been outside Suomus yet, it might be a good experience for her.

Old 2008-10-09, 10:08   Link #93
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Kha, if you're making Kirby the lead pilot on the Intrepid, then he should be either Navy or Marines (I suggest Navy) and he would be called the CAG, Commander Air Group. That's the American - or rather, Liberion - term. Also 1st Lt. is too junior to be CAG; you need to be at least Commander (O-5) (Chuusa), which is one step above Sakamoto's Lt. Commander (O-4) (Shousa). It should be noted that the Japs firmly believed in the idea of enlisted pilots, as opposed to the US.

Can't be the Brittanian ranks though. Pilot Officer, Flight Lieutenant, Squadron Leader, Group Captain, Wing Commander...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 10:44   Link #94
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Oh my; the subs listed her as Major (O-3), and therefore the next rank down was Captain (O-2), using Liberion ranks. This was the latest edit to Kirby's profile.

Now, I've pushed his age up to 16, kept him as short as before (late blooming shouta), and up to Lieutenant Colonel, at the same rank as Sakamoto, and as Commander Air Group. But that's about as far as I dare to push the envelope; My excuse for the 1 rank down is that witches are small in number, so the same level of rank is not needed.

This was my experience in the tiny MP force I was from; our overall head was 1 rank lower than other companies, and so it computes for me, but not sure if that works for the other military buffs here.

And what does: "It should be noted that the Japs firmly believed in the idea of enlisted pilots, as opposed to the US." refer to/mean? Pardon my ignorance; I only has wiki...

On another note, I really want a soft-spoken OC voiced by Rie Kugumiya! I don't care if she's already voicing Nagi "Killer" Thomasina! The world needs more dere!Rie!!!
Old 2008-10-09, 10:47   Link #95
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The amount of rogues seems to be growing slightly... we need a few leaders to keep them in check!

Spoiler for A leader arives...:

And a few notes.
  • Helena Burgwal is a nod to the Dutch pilot Rudolf Frans Burgwal, a V-1 Ace. The name and aircraft are just about where the reference ends.
  • I decided to go for Germania as the name for Holland. In the roman age, more then half of Holland was part of Germania, and since the same is still free... Further research has taught me that Holland was actually refered to as Batavia during the roman age.
  • Her aura spell's creation process is literally what her profile says: A manifestation of her determination. I had initially planned on her to be inspiring without magic, but in the end I decided it would make her more unique if she had a natural spell that achieved this effect. This also made it more natural for her to be a leader.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-10-13 at 14:15.
Old 2008-10-09, 11:02   Link #96
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

...and I just found the IC of Intrepid JAG-7! Hopefully she comes with big assets. Ask IRC why that is a soft requirement.

If she answers the call that is, not gonna hijack any one's plans.

Oh what the heck; I made a mistake. Minna was the OF-4, Mio was OF-3! Changing Kirby again, I always knew he was more for sub-commandership...
Old 2008-10-09, 11:29   Link #97
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
She certainly spoils Crest with beef jerkies.

And at least she's not a pantsu thief.
Not an open one at any rate...

Quote:
Hmm, good point, I didn't think of that. I'll try and come up with something that will make her visible to her friendlies...or something.
Well, you don't need to erase the flaw, it could make for dome pretty good story.

Quote:
On another note, I really want a soft-spoken OC voiced by Rie Kugumiya! I don't care if she's already voicing Nagi "Killer" Thomasina! The world needs more dere!Rie!!!
Why am I sensing a Kamyu expy ariving?

Quote:
...and I just found the IC of Intrepid JAG-7! Hopefully she comes with big assets. Ask IRC why that is a soft requirement.

If she answers the call that is, not gonna hijack any one's plans.
... You've lost me.
Old 2008-10-09, 11:37   Link #98
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Well, you don't need to erase the flaw, it could make for dome pretty good story.
Yeah, I thought about that right after I posted and guessed that's what you meant. Could be a foundation for some..."accident".

Old 2008-10-09, 11:43   Link #99
kct

Time for another of the 'Nam warriors.

Spoiler for Captain Sharon “Seer” Renee Harris:

Other notes:
  • Michael is now placed in the 335th Tactical Fighter Squadron "Chiefs", so that the story can continue beyond 1973 (the 469th is disbanded by that time). Been trying to get a feel through some airtime in the Thud and the Rhino.
  • Most of the cast would probably operate from air bases based in Thailand, however, the Witches would be brought into the battlefield in rather creative ways...
  • Liz's power would burn a lot of forests and unlucky Neurois, so she need to keep them in check.
  • Sharon's power is something like a prediction of the future, to detect incoming danger. This would probably fit her role as a Wild Weasel.

Last edited by kct; 2008-10-20 at 20:54.
Old 2008-10-09, 11:59   Link #100
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Oh my; the subs listed her as Major (O-3), and therefore the next rank down was Captain (O-2), using Liberion ranks. This was the latest edit to Kirby's profile.
Your subs are wrong. Sakamoto is a Shousa, which is the Japanese title for an officer in paygrade O-4. For an Army or Air Force officer, this would be Major. For an Navy officer, it would be Lieutenant Commander - and Sakamoto is Navy. Next down is Captain (O-3), but since she's Navy it's really Lieutenant (O-3).

For your information, Kha, using Liberion ranks, we have as follows:

Army/Navy/Fuso term
O-6: Colonel / Captain / Taisa
O-5: Lt. Colonel / Commander / Chuusa
O-4: Major / Lt Commander / Shousa
O-3: Captain / Lieutenant / Taii
O-2: 1st Lieutenant / Lieutenant Junior Grade / Chuii
O-1: 2nd Lieutenant / Ensign / Shoui

Quote:
Now, I've pushed his age up to 16, kept him as short as before (late blooming shouta), and up to Lieutenant Colonel, at the same rank as Sakamoto, and as Commander Air Group. But that's about as far as I dare to push the envelope; My excuse for the 1 rank down is that witches are small in number, so the same level of rank is not needed.

This was my experience in the tiny MP force I was from; our overall head was 1 rank lower than other companies, and so it computes for me, but not sure if that works for the other military buffs here.
What rank was your company commander.

Also, there are instances of Company Commanders being 1st Lts. Normally this is due to battlefield issues... like everyone higher getting killed off. Hence why one Commando unit in WW2 had a CO who was a Lt. Colonel...who was 23 years old.

Quote:
And what does: "It should be noted that the Japs firmly believed in the idea of enlisted pilots, as opposed to the US." refer to/mean? Pardon my ignorance; I only has wiki...
The bulk of IJN and IJA pilots were enlisted pilots; you'd have Petty Officers and Sergeants flying, in contrast to the USAAF, USN and USMC where all pilots were officers. Your typical IJN squadron would be mostly enlisted with one or two officers, which is why Major is such a big deal in anime - an IJA Major or IJN Lt. Commander would be filling similar slots to a USAAF/USN Commander/Captain. It's something that's become engraved into the Japanese psyche, which explains why Roy Fokker was a Lt. Commander, why there are no pilots ranked higher than Lt. Commander in Macross.

Quote:
I'm actually rather curious as to who's voicing Tan Kwei-Tai

@kct: Lol, Fairy Weasel. Another Yukikaze ref, eh?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote