AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-24, 12:55   Link #1061
brain
house music addict

I don't see what the deal is with all the complaints about "lack of blacksmith." If he was supposed to be the main character, I think you would know it by now, in spite of the particular title of the anime. Luke is a supporting character, period.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 12:59   Link #1062
Nosauz

meh luke is boring, typical, I'm a samurai and I have a dark past. He looks like so many characters and to me just is bland.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 13:36   Link #1063
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain View Post
I don't see what the deal is with all the complaints about "lack of blacksmith." If he was supposed to be the main character, I think you would know it by now, in spite of the particular title of the anime. Luke is a supporting character, period.
They probably do know it by now, hence why they're pissed.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 13:44   Link #1064
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Wow , i think we should stop to lament for that .
It'll Troll from everywhere imo .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 21:30   Link #1065
Cinocard

Quote:
The thing that made me headdesk about this episode is, that Housman should have interrogated Charlotte and her angels.
The thing about this episode is, they make the whole thing seems so politically big and important, but it's not. At least, they should show a secret ambassador of the militant nation with some guard coming to get Charlotte. But Charlotte and her girls just set out like they are on a voyage.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 21:39   Link #1066
GarethXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
The thing about this episode is, they make the whole thing seems so politically big and important, but it's not. At least, they should show a secret ambassador of the militant nation with some guard coming to get Charlotte. But Charlotte and her girls just set out like they are on a voyage.
yes because they need a foreign ambassador of another country to come and pick up the remains of a bunch of convicts
Old 2009-11-24, 21:45   Link #1067
Nosauz

well they do have 3 demon swords, and demonsword nullifier, would make sense in a real tulmutuous time.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 22:37   Link #1068
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethXL View Post
yes because they need a foreign ambassador of another country to come and pick up the remains of a bunch of convicts
You think the nation would not try to steal the demon sword and get more influences onto the city of some sorts. Clearly they lied to the empire and this is a serious weakness.

The empire sent and army, which shows how important this is, and the militant nation sits there like a duck? Heck, I don't think I saw any weapon on their luggage when Charlotte left the city. Imagine Charlotte claimed she shares the family name with Saddam and demons sword are nuclear warheads. Not that Saddam had any good missiles...

And that's just one little example of the naiveism in this supposedly serious episode.
Old 2009-11-24, 23:06   Link #1069
bluedemon
Midget Magic Mage

How is it that Cecily was suddenly able to kick a*s? There's no way she could've practiced that much over the past couple of episodes after becoming a servant with the rest of the girls. What happened?
bluedemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 00:02   Link #1070
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedemon View Post
How is it that Cecily was suddenly able to kick a*s? There's no way she could've practiced that much over the past couple of episodes after becoming a servant with the rest of the girls. What happened?
It's called a plot device besides having Luke bail her out again would make her a very sad lead needing to be rescued again Though technically he did give her heads up to go spy on the 3 girls
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 00:47   Link #1071
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Because she fought them 1 at a time, instead of all at once? Even in their previous
fight, they couldn't beat Cecily 1-on-1.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 00:47   Link #1072
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
It's called a plot device besides having Luke bail her out again would make her a very sad lead needing to be rescued again Though technically he did give her heads up to go spy on the 3 girls
That about sums it up...
Old 2009-11-25, 01:11   Link #1073
wontaek

1. Charlotte and the girls arrived with 4 magic swords, with everyone of them probably worth a small city to military power. It is rather improbable that these people are not of power or importance. You don't interrogate dignitaries if you can help it.

2. Cecily did not do too badly in the first meeting between the 3 girls. In the latest episode, she and Aria had formed a plan together to defeat them. Aria probably knew better than anyone else what she and other swords are capable of. The 3 girls didn't have chance to acquire that level of knowledge about Aria nor form a plan to defeat Cecily. Thus Cecily went into battle knowing that she has good chance to win.
Old 2009-11-25, 01:45   Link #1074
Guppy

Quote:
The novel explains this in more detail.
Spoiler for additional details:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 02:54   Link #1075
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Amazing what this could have done towards making what happens in the anime, actually believable. But alas, we are not afforded what happens in the manga, in the anime.
Old 2009-11-25, 03:27   Link #1076
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
And they felt the need to give us a moeblob episode instead of showing us crucial things like this?

Last edited by Haak; 2009-11-25 at 04:40.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 04:09   Link #1077
scr
my sides are in orbit

^
Well guys, it's time for me to...
HEADDESK MORE!

Spoiler for novel vs. anime:
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 06:56   Link #1078
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
Spoiler for novel vs. anime:
Well, to be fair...
Spoiler for novel/anime ep. 8 comparisons:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
At least, they should show a secret ambassador of the militant nation with some guard coming to get Charlotte. But Charlotte and her girls just set out like they are on a voyage.
Oh, I forgot to address this - the anime also changed this scene from the novel.
Spoiler for novel comparison:

Last edited by Guppy; 2009-11-25 at 07:18.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 12:21   Link #1079
velvet nightmare

Quote:
They probably could have stayed on if they kept their heads down, but they'd still be in a precarious position if the Empire ever decided to clean up loose ends. An "independent trade town" just doesn't have the military might to say "yeah, they're living here, so what? Get lost, you can't have them."

what does it matter, the empire doesn't know their faces

their only leverage was that they had was the right to reclaim the 4 swords and girls and their military at the front door of the town to try and forcing the mayor, or w/e his title is, to choose between a fight in the city vs. 4 swords
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 13:34   Link #1080
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
what does it matter, the empire doesn't know their faces

their only leverage was that they had was the right to reclaim the 4 swords and girls and their military at the front door of the town to try and forcing the mayor, or w/e his title is, to choose between a fight in the city vs. 4 swords
True enough, once they lose the demon swords, they are insignificant. And the empire shouldn't force the matter too much either. As a matter of fact, even without the empire doing that, Charlotte already ran to another nation and provide the information about the empire.

But not like it's weirder than the fact that our "man in black" gave the demon swords to a tiny whiny princess and her 3 pansy so-called bodyguards. Hell, Cecily would have lost Aria without Luke's help, which happened because Charlotte approached him

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen