AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-07-06, 01:42   Link #1
Bordix

Hajimete no Aku

Genre(s) - Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, School Life, Shounen, Slice Of Life
Artist - Fujiki Shun
Status - Ongoing (weekly)

Summary

In the spring of Kyoko's first year in high school, Eiko, a girl like a sister to her, returns with her younger brother, Jiro.
The return isn't that big of a deal, but Jiro (self proclaimed super mad scientist) has it in his head that he wants to operate on Kyoko!
And, what's even more, the two of them are actually high ranking members of an Evil organization at the run from the heroes of justice!
As if high school didn't have enough problems already, now she has to deal with these two living with her.

Anyone reading this besides me? So uhm, Ive just recently read this, and It's one of the funniest manga out there (well for me at least) I know the story is kinda cliche but its actually good and definitely worth a try
Old 2009-07-06, 02:53   Link #2
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Oh, somebody finally made a thread about this! Yes, I couldn't be arsed...

It's a nice, fun manga. Nothing groundbreaking, but the delivery is pitch-perfect and the characters likable. I particularly like how the mangaka ended up upgrading Midoritani-kun from the fanclub to a (barely noticeable) core part of the cast and Jiro's friend.

Personally, I really want to read the manga-in-manga Underground City Kaizer. It must have been totally awesome in every Wilhelmine way possible. That moustache! XD
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 04:53   Link #3
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Oh, somebody finally made a thread about this! Yes, I couldn't be arsed...

It's a nice, fun manga. Nothing groundbreaking, but the delivery is pitch-perfect and the characters likable. I particularly like how the mangaka ended up upgrading Midoritani-kun from the fanclub to a (barely noticeable) core part of the cast and Jiro's friend.

Personally, I really want to read the manga-in-manga Underground City Kaizer. It must have been totally awesome in every Wilhelmine way possible. That moustache! XD
well I haven't memorized all of their names...yet... but yeah I agree about the mido thing, the author sure knows how to distribute the attention (now, about the muscled guy from the fanclub ) . Though I still prefer the president guy over Midoritani. If he took Mido's place on that study session chapter; he could have manipulated Jiro to do more stupid stuff, especially the part where the girls were sleeping

To be honest, I never did know what their evil organization ("KILL THEM ALL") do. I think they stated it somewhere in the interview chapter but I was too lazy to pay attention.

I hope there's be more fanclub+Jiro chapters. Those guys are epic when there together XD oh yeah, and more Kyouko vision pls
Old 2010-02-23, 19:18   Link #4
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I just picked up this series and I'm loving it. Jiro is too awesome!
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 19:40   Link #5
ZODDGUTS

Yeah I'm really liking this manga. Really surprise of the amount of romance this has between the two leads.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 19:55   Link #6
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Been reading the series for a while and I have to say it has become one of my favorite new series that Shounen Sunday has serialized in recent years. Has a nice blend of comedy and romance that doesn't come off as horribly annoying or poorly placed.

One of the most hilarious things for me are the evil organizations that happen to not be so evil most of the time.
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 19:29   Link #7
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Just got to chapter 37 and dear god, 2.0 is made of adorable. Clumsy robot maid in love ftw!!
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 18:00   Link #8
Johnny
Working the bags...

I just noticed this and read up to the current chapter. It's pretty hilarious, but guess it's not that big with such little response. It reminds me of a longer version of Onidere. Even the side characters are sometime funnier than the main two characters. Eiko and Yuki are just too funny at times. Good lighthearted read for me...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 19:04   Link #9
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Well, I like it a lot, if that counts for anything.

What I don't feel like such a good move though is Jiro's increasing harem. One or two extra just for the lulz is fine, but the latest addition is getting it a bit out of hand. Or maybe I was just hoping for *that girl* to be a bro-con? lol
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 13:24   Link #10
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Haven't read much (only until chapter 40), but is there any connection with this manga and Gamon ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 13:08   Link #11
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
So wait, did he actually
Spoiler for ch78:
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 00:16   Link #12
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

The series is kind of refreshing. There is a good focus on the core cast relationships and their antics together, and there is an actual sense of relationship progress that many series in the genre lack. Not to mention that the series avoids falling in many of the cliches that these series tend to abuse.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 01:11   Link #13
Johnny
Working the bags...

Also a nice touch with some serious bad guys and not just comedic relief ones...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 20:56   Link #14
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Actually this felt a little forced. The manga had so far avoided falling into the 'let's transform into a battle oriented series!!' manga format. It's not necessarily bad, but I wouldn't want for it to fall into the same trap Defense Devil did.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 21:35   Link #15
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Been slowly following this one for the last year, and Jiro and Kyouko are quite the awesome couple I keep imagining Noboyuki Hiyama doing Jiro's voice though, for no other reason than Jiro reminding me of Viral

Also, the first time I see in manga/anime where the fanclub becomes an important cast of characters in and of themselves instead of simply being background comedic relief

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 15:01   Link #16
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

About damn time we see the sister kick some ass.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 19:43   Link #17
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I don't mind if this going to be a battle manga...I read Fujiki's other manga (Gamon) before and the battle in it is pretty cool.

Btw, what do you think about the sister's power ? I mean, did her hair just change to white ? o.o;

Old 2011-02-26, 20:34   Link #18
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

this manga is officially dead Convert it into a generic battle shounen cuz the ratings are bad "showoff in 1 month gosh...."
Old 2011-02-26, 20:35   Link #19
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Is the rating really that bad ?

Old 2011-02-26, 20:36   Link #20
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Usually when the author gets notice from his editor / editorial department, that their mangas rating is down, they often resort trying to convert it into the generic shounen battle genre
Use Bakuman for reference~