AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-09-27, 17:21   Link #281
Homura7

Page 3:

"Volume 1 and 2 of the manga are being received with great fanfare!!"

Volume 1 is still selling, and Magico is getting a Vomic. I would say these are really good news.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 17:32   Link #282
tsunade666

he did train his ass off. So maybe his physical strength paid off from that one. Because when Emma and Shion first met. Shion looks malnourished or something well he hadn't eaten for days if I remember it right. But he looks extremely weak after the dark ritual back fired on him.

Though the most intriguing fact on that chapter is his house where he belongs trains to become an archmage and not just any ordinary mage. Even his mother use dark ritual to attain an upgrade for him thus I think all of his siblings are hard hitter and on the level of archmage.
Old 2011-09-27, 18:25   Link #283
Xacual

This was a surprisingly dark chapter. I mean I know we've seen in past chapters like with the gang of brothers that dark stuff happens but I really wasn't expecting that from Shion's past.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 18:56   Link #284
jzmagic
flargansbog

More Emma moe! so 10 kids were sacrificed for Shion and the fairy said he's helping Emma so that he can atone for his perceived sins. I don't agree with that based on what we've seen. Shion genuinely loves Emma, so I don't see how helping her is connected to atoning for the deaths of those 10 kids.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 19:55   Link #285
Isekaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, that was touching.

Though I do wonder - where the hell is his lowered physical ability? Anisse said his strength was his one redeeming quality. The reason he was an archmage despite being dumb.
If he was able to become badass even with those handicaps, that makes him even more awesome.
Seriously, I love this manga.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 04:41   Link #286
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Oh so possibly the mother may be a potential enemy later on, that would be rather fantastic if it actually happens.
If the author actually followed through with Shion wanting to atone for the kids then bringing his own mother to justice is one way and I do honestly think that would be pretty awesome to see.

You do see family conflicts like this being set up all the time but they rarely ever follow through when the time comes and it's always a cop out.

Yes I know the theres the usualy the message of "forgiveness and what not" behind these things and this being a SJ series it's got a good chance of that happening but come on his own mother sacrified 10 kids, it's hard to accept "forgiveness" in anyway there.
Old 2011-09-28, 04:57   Link #287
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well with STARS crashing and Magico getting a VOMIC I'll say the outlook for this manga is much better than a few weeks ago.

10. Magico (c21)
11. Beelzebub (c118)
12. Enigma (c43)
13. ST&RS (c05)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 06:27   Link #288
blade82

She was planning to create the philosopher's stone or what
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 11:37   Link #289
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
She was planning to create the philosopher's stone or what
she want her little flawed child, become Flawless Perfect Child, by sacrificing 10 other child to boost his quality in 10 different aspect. Too Bad, its didn't go according to the plan, so Shion become how he is now.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 14:27   Link #290
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Gotta feel a bit for Shion. His childhood's seriously screwed up with that psycho mom of his; but he has my respect for being as strong as he is now in spite of all that.

Wonder what Emma will say to him now, or if she'll even say anything at all.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 14:50   Link #291
MeroBAKA

I am stunned with that chapter. I did not expect so much darkness in the story (yet the story of the brothers has foreshadowed this darkness).
A black ritual was mentioned. Is there some link between black ritual and the notion of black mage introduced in earlier chapters?
How did Shion become so powerful if he is a degraded human? Will it be explained because of his strong will and endeavor? Echidna's power? It could be possible, we have seen Praline's blessing and Rosetta's kiss that "power up" people and once Emma transferred her power to Shion.
What is the role of demons in Magico's world? I doubt there is a netherworld where they live. Or maybe???

And I want to see his siblings.

PS: if I understood it was Rosetta's husband that they left. I was surprised they described that kind of relationship, but maybe there is more to this, since they want to kill the husband (common story in the newspaper lol).
MeroBAKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 15:15   Link #292
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
she want her little flawed child, become Flawless Perfect Child, by sacrificing 10 other child to boost his quality in 10 different aspect. Too Bad, its didn't go according to the plan, so Shion become how he is now.
... A badass archmage? Some failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Well with STARS crashing and Magico getting a VOMIC I'll say the outlook for this manga is much better than a few weeks ago.

10. Magico (c21)
11. Beelzebub (c118)
12. Enigma (c43)
13. ST&RS (c05)
I like all of those. I hope they'll all be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Oh so possibly the mother may be a potential enemy later on, that would be rather fantastic if it actually happens.
If the author actually followed through with Shion wanting to atone for the kids then bringing his own mother to justice is one way and I do honestly think that would be pretty awesome to see.

You do see family conflicts like this being set up all the time but they rarely ever follow through when the time comes and it's always a cop out.

Yes I know the theres the usualy the message of "forgiveness and what not" behind these things and this being a SJ series it's got a good chance of that happening but come on his own mother sacrified 10 kids, it's hard to accept "forgiveness" in anyway there.
Yeah... I kinda had that problem with Accelerator.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 16:25   Link #293
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Indeed, it's very rare to see a shounen hero who is willing to get his hands dirty if need be.
Old 2011-09-28, 19:04   Link #294
ShiroiRyu

Vcomic ?
Vocal Comic ? Like Medaka Box ? But it's not the first step to have a anime version ?
I say it but it's really a fast choice for a VComic.
And i'm not against it.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 10:34   Link #295
shadowii

well chapter 29 is out great chapter but it does highlight the only problem i have with this manga

the pacing is a too fast the mangeka needs to build things up a little more
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 14:44   Link #296
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 29:
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 21:48   Link #297
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Spoiler for 29:
Shion want to use Echidna power to appease his mother and return home, that's first...but then he realize, the one who gave him the bread after wondering in the forest (after his mother throw him out) actually the Echidna herself (Emma when she's trapped in a small home surrounded with spiky field). The first one who care about him (his stomach and condition) and also his first love.

Look like both Rosetta and Joshua have hidden agenda about Shion and Emma.

I bet that they want to prevent something bad to happen to the young couple like what happened to them.
That's why in the introducing arc (after the three perpetual darkness arc) Joshua said that from now on they'll meet quite often.
And it's quite strange if Rosetta want to be together with mere Guardian Captain.
She can choose another noble with strong power (like Zodia) yet choose Joshua.
Look like Joshua also can see/predict the future via his crystal ball, so before chasing Emma, she said something to her husband and then Joshua following Shion, probably want to protect him, since he know about the incoming danger via the crystal ball.

But there's also possibility of them to want to preserve Echidna till it grow in power, before harvest it for them self.

Last edited by surerman; 2011-10-06 at 22:14.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 22:18   Link #298
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
Look like both Rosetta and Joshua have hidden agenda about Shion and Emma.

I bet that they want to prevent something bad to happen to the young couple like what happened to them.
That's why in the introducing arc (after the three perpetual darkness arc) Joshua said that from now on they'll meet quite often.
And it's quite strange if Rosetta want to be together with mere Guardian Captain.
She can choose another noble with strong power (like Zodia) yet choose Joshua.
Look like Joshua also can see/predict the future via his crystal ball, so before chasing Emma, she said something to her husband and then Joshua following Shion, probably want to protect him, since he know about the incoming danger via the crystal ball.
Maybe Rosetta and Joshua actually fell in love and it had nothing to do with his ability? Though I'll agree with you that they are taking an interest in Shion and Emma for some reason but judging by their reactions I don't think it's a bad one.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 23:00   Link #299
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
well chapter 29 is out great chapter but it does highlight the only problem i have with this manga

Actually this is why i love this manga, i hate to wait 10 chapter of chit chat, reminiscing or training for the plot to actually advance, specially how the cliché-shonen-hero-training dint took more than a chapter when usually it takes 4 to 8 chapters of cheesy lines, inner thougths, memorys of the past and a lot of the character looking like an idiot.
Old 2011-10-06, 23:06   Link #300
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post

unfortunately, being in risk for cancellation, he doesn't have the luxury of time to build up. for all we know, this might even be the last arc.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote