AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-08, 09:05   Link #1
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!

Summary
Quote:
Based on the adventure game by Minato Soft.

Kawakami Momoyo is a notorious, woman-chasing, large-breasted master fighter. She and her friends at school end up in all sorts of weird situations, often involving people attempting to defeat Momoyo. Now there are new transfer students from Germany joining their class. Who are these new students, and will they fit in with the crazy bunch surrounding Momoyo?
Genre: Action, Comedy, Ecchi, Romance, Shounen
Author: Minato Soft
Artist: Inue Shinsuke

Anime thread: Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! Anime

I'll take what I posted in the anime thread to start with

Quote:
I don't know what is wrong with me but I only just found out there was a manga for this series, I really wonder how I miss these things!
Anyway just took a look and I like it alot, if thats the type of thing this series will be about I approve wholeheartedly.
It's a rather unique gang set up and interactions which I really, really, really like.

I'm soooo looking forward to this, I think I may be a little too hyped for this but whatever I don't care.

MOMOYO-SAMA~!
To add, the cast of characters are the surprise, they are just great in their weird ways.
Theres a great male lead, awesome female lead, a girl thats not afraid to speak for he love(jesus how I love her), a energetic airheaded girl, a loud mouth muscle bound idiot, a rather amusing geeky kid, a cool upbeat cool dude, a shy girl with a scary smile(gotta love her as well), a male tsundere(oh man doesn't get any better than that!) and finally a foreigner thats got the wrong idea abotu japan.

Oh and a teacher that uses a whip

friggin' awesome is what this is!

oh yea and once again Momoyo-sama is mine!
Old 2011-05-08, 17:05   Link #2
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

To add, the cast of characters are the surprise, they are just great in their weird ways.
Theres a great male lead, awesome female lead, a girl thats not afraid to speak for he love(jesus how I love her), a energetic airheaded girl, a loud mouth muscle bound idiot, a rather amusing geeky kid, a cool upbeat cool dude, a shy girl with a scary smile(gotta love her as well), a male tsundere(oh man doesn't get any better than that!) and finally a foreigner thats got the wrong idea abotu japan.

Oh and a teacher that uses a whip

friggin' awesome is what this is!

You can have Momoyo, I'm much more partial to Miyako. She was by far my favorite part of the VN too.

I liked the changed scene with the gang. In the VN, they came across Momoyo already being surrounded by the gang where here we had Yamato trying to defuse the situation. Only thing I didn't like was that, Momoyo is famous so should be recognizable.

Overall though, I think the manga is a great adaptation. It really preserves a lot of the humor from the VN.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-05-10, 07:52   Link #3
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Good thing about 2D characters is that he/she can be claimed by multiple people. Unfortunately for you, she had been claimed by countless others already, before you and me

Alright, seriously now, I've checked out a bit of manga and personally it's not giving me good vibes. While fairly good, it seems rushed, especially with presenting new characters. VN did this much better, but of course I can't compare them. Hope anime adaptation goes at slower pace.
Old 2011-05-10, 08:23   Link #4
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
You can have Momoyo, I'm much more partial to Miyako. She was by far my favorite part of the VN too.
Hahaa...

I'm not sure if I'd give Miyako the top spot, let me say that you're not quite alone with your choice. Her tireless teasing/flirting throughout the show was always hilarious and sometimes downright touching... and the critical scene in her path had the cutest "YATTAAAAAAAAAAA!!" I've heard so far

Let's hope that the VN translation has Chris done soon (Prologue and Yukie are already done and available via patch). Next would be Momoyo, and then Miyako.
Old 2011-05-28, 05:44   Link #5
Nanashi_1337

There's currently two different versions of Majikoi as manga. One is a general route, in which they add a little from the prologue and some routes. The other is focused in Yukie, and shows what happens after Yukie and Yamato become couple, after what happens in the After Story (since you can see a reference of that event in the manga). I wil post a link to the RAWs in case someone is interested. If you want to read it in English, only the first one is translated and only chapter 1, 2 and 3.
Old 2011-05-30, 23:01   Link #6
Wrath88
Kissing...

Yes, I would like to see those raws!
Old 2011-06-28, 06:55   Link #7
Nanashi_1337

Here are some Chinese raws:

http://www.nanadm.com/comic/481/

You can find japanese RAWs of chapter 1-11 and 1-6 from both mangas I commented above in jcafe. Unfortunately, you have to register to download them.

Btw, chapter 4 of the main story (prologue, not Yukie route) has been translated. You can read it in Mangafox, for example.
Old 2011-10-02, 23:02   Link #8
Lummie

Since I follow the anime, gave the manga a try as well.

C.8 was pretty funny and it seems like it's following the VN pretty well. Anyone else who enjoys the manga?
Old 2011-10-05, 21:09   Link #9
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post

I liked the changed scene with the gang. In the VN, they came across Momoyo already being surrounded by the gang where here we had Yamato trying to defuse the situation. Only thing I didn't like was that, Momoyo is famous so should be recognizable.

Overall though, I think the manga is a great adaptation. It really preserves a lot of the humor from the VN.

Put me down as a Miyako fan too!

Played the translated parts of the VN recently; strangely eventhough Momoyo caught my interest when I first saw pics of this game, I didn't find her very appealing in the VN (maybe that will change once her translated route is out).

Loved Miyako and Yamato's roleplaying session
Old 2011-10-05, 21:44   Link #10
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Muda-Scans has chapter 7 out. You probably forgot about that Lummie, or didn't know.
Old 2011-10-05, 21:46   Link #11
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Muda-Scans has chapter 7 out. You probably forgot about that Lummie, or didn't know.
Huh? The latest chap was chap 8. You can check it on Muda.
Old 2011-10-06, 03:16   Link #12
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Hohoho..interesting...i start to read the manga....

however Bonta-kun.I challenge you for Momoyo-sama...
Old 2011-10-10, 19:39   Link #13
Lummie

Chap 9 is out

Spoiler for c.9:
Old 2011-10-11, 06:00   Link #14
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Chap 9 is out

Spoiler for c.9:

chap 9..
Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-12, 15:05   Link #15
giorno

it's not a power limiter, more like a self-imposed handicap. Kinda like bleach's Zaraki's(without the power-sucking part)

as for momoyo, yes, she has absolutely no problems controlling her full power. Which is on DBZ levels, by the way...
Old 2011-10-12, 17:46   Link #16
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
it's not a power limiter, more like a self-imposed handicap. Kinda like bleach's Zaraki's(without the power-sucking part)

as for momoyo, yes, she has absolutely no problems controlling her full power. Which is on DBZ levels, by the way...
DBZ characters still rely on senzu beans to heal their wounds though. And unlike Piccolo, Momoyo can instantly heal any wound inflicted on her without any significant drawback to her power.
Old 2011-10-16, 09:49   Link #17
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
chapter 10 released and readable in mangafox

the bald one sure a lolicon hahahaha
"isn't that right? (smile), alright you guy's ,class F chairman didn't want to do this, now scram! (shouting)"
note: he's from class S and defend loli from class F much like Kubo Toshimitsu defend Akihisa Yoshii

somehow Touma didn't even deny his bi-sexual orientation at all...what a confidence remind me to Laura Bodewig or a certain shameless Orange Ribbon-ed bitch praised by her fans as god
but strangely..it's not irritating, but funny

poor Wanko she lost her owner to class S (Yamato) and it's funny while usually it's the owner that lost their pets

Momoyo ...as a girl please be a little interested to boys...you started to remind me to Shit-kura Kaede from Kampfer
and who's that bastard that create Cross dress Swimsuit competition? Female wear male's is good but the reversal is horrible
once I found that bastard, I must skin him alive for another spare of my Toilet carpet (I do feel sorry for Moro-kun, to be approached with that kind of intent by the girls when looking around)

Last edited by surerman; 2011-10-16 at 21:34. Reason: wrong chapter
Old 2011-10-16, 12:52   Link #18
MAX_COLA_POWER!

10, it was chapter 10 that was released there panty hurricane avatar user. Anyhoo, umm, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we settle this in the first episode of the animé? I REALLY don't like the fact that Class S has to keep proving that they're better than Class F. This is why you guys don't get your own VN, animé, and manga. Class F may or may not be better than you guys, but at least they're interesting enough to get their own series. Anyway, I hope they beat Class S fast, a Mayucchi and Matsukaze-less chapter is so painful to me :'(.
Old 2011-10-16, 13:50   Link #19
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
10, it was chapter 10 that was released there panty hurricane avatar user. Anyhoo, umm, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we settle this in the first episode of the animé? I REALLY don't like the fact that Class S has to keep proving that they're better than Class F. This is why you guys don't get your own VN, animé, and manga. Class F may or may not be better than you guys, but at least they're interesting enough to get their own series. Anyway, I hope they beat Class S fast, a Mayucchi and Matsukaze-less chapter is so painful to me :'(.
The anime and manga are following different timelines. Episode 1 of the anime was actually the end of a route in the game. The manga is much closer to the game's storyline but still slightly off.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-10-16, 17:10   Link #20
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post

somehow Touma didn't even deny his bi-sexual orientation at all...
why should he deny it in the first place? it's not like he's the shy type...

and he reeeeeally wants to fuck yamato....
Closed Thread