Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-05-30, 22:52   Link #101
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I liked that too. It's really funny, considering how much they tried to kill each other in the first movie.

Spoiler for a scene:
That scene was nice; they're both pirates, out there for the same reasons. At least the rum isn't always gone. XD
Old 2011-05-31, 02:48   Link #102
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Watched this movie just before coming back to London. It was better than I thought, and I was actually seriously looking forward to watching the movie (thanks Kaze ) despite how I didn't like the previous two at all. Barbarossa and Jack Sparrow are pretty much war buds now, fighting when they're after the same thing and sharing rum when they're in a pinch together. Their exchanges made the movie as good as it is. Penelope Cruz was really hot in this movie as well. I wonder if there will be another one now.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 02:50   Link #103
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Johnny Depp has a lot of fun doing them, so it's not unlikely that they'd make another.
Old 2011-05-31, 04:39   Link #104
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Johnny Depp has a lot of fun doing them, so it's not unlikely that they'd make another.
From Captain Jack Sparrow to Ed Wood to Willy Wonka himself, Johnny Depp is a total boss.
Old 2011-05-31, 20:37   Link #105
Mnemosyne
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I liked that too. It's really funny, considering how much they tried to kill each other in the first movie.
Haha, I know! Well, I guess it's water under the bridge or over the dam or wherever you like it. What's an attempted murder or two between pals!
Old 2011-05-31, 20:55   Link #106
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Haha, I know! Well, I guess it's water under the bridge or over the dam or wherever you like it. What's an attempted murder or two between pals!
It was only "attempted" on one side.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 21:11   Link #107
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

It's tru that Both Jack and Brabossa and two of the like, despite their diferences, both could actually be good... allies.

And actually it WAS mutual attempt of killing each other. Brabossa when he left Jcak on the island with a one bullet gun and Jack when he shot Brabosa at the skull island after breaking the curse of the aztec gold.

Since Brabossa is now more of an anti-hero than a villain, I still find Dvay Jones to be the best and most bad-ass villain of the whole saga.
Old 2011-05-31, 21:15   Link #108
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
In wikipedia it says '' It has been confirmed that two more installments to the franchise are included in Disney's future plans ''

Good news, I guess?

The movie was pretty good, probably one of the best as I wasn't too keen on the other two '' main '' characters in previous movies..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I think "3-D" is already on a death spiral.... its just that the industry is going "la la la la la la!!!" with their fingers in their ears. The imagery is fuzzy, dim, washed out... AND the projectors ruin 2-D showings (half the wattage) because no one can afford the expertise to change the lenses out. It is simply being pushed like crazy because of the "+$4" price point.

We avoid them like crazy now and check the theaters for what projector is being used for 2-D projection.
Fuzzy? Dim? Washed out? And ruin 2D showings by using the same projector? What's this all about.. Is this something they do in the states? Because that certainly isn't the case here. The 3D didn't really add anything to the movie which was quite sad but it wasn't fuzzy/dim/washed out.
Old 2011-05-31, 21:32   Link #109
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
And actually it WAS mutual attempt of killing each other. Brabossa when he left Jcak on the island with a one bullet gun and Jack when he shot Brabosa at the skull island after breaking the curse of the aztec gold.
It's not "attempted killing" if one of them actually kills the other. Then it just becomes killing.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 02:55   Link #110
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Fuzzy? Dim? Washed out? And ruin 2D showings by using the same projector? What's this all about.. Is this something they do in the states? Because that certainly isn't the case here. The 3D didn't really add anything to the movie which was quite sad but it wasn't fuzzy/dim/washed out.
Short answer: yes.
Roger Ebert wrote a long piece about it but I had noticed it independently - especially in the Regal theater mega-chain that dominates the country. They operate on razor-thin margins, don't train the staff, and many use Sony digital projectors (which are apparently fairly crappy even without help).

Fortunately for us, there is an independent theater near me that "does it right"... but I just don't see the cost justification for 3-D over 2-D (~$4 per seat).
Old 2011-06-01, 12:21   Link #111
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
From Captain Jack Sparrow to Ed Wood to Willy Wonka himself, Johnny Depp is a total boss.
Oh hell yeah. To me he'll always be Captain Jack.

The first movie I saw with him was Edward Scissorhands. I was like, five so it terrified me. Looking at it now, it's actually a very good movie.

But I don't think Depp can top Jack. Jack is going to be what he'll be known for from now on. XD

I agree that Davy Jones was the best villian. Because though he was cruel, he had a human side you could sympathize with=character depth. Barbossa's better as a comrade and BlackBeard is pretty one-dimensional. He did have some amusing lines; "If I don't kill a man once in a while, they forget who I am!"

Last edited by Chiibi; 2011-06-01 at 12:50.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 11:11   Link #112
kitten320

I liked the movie, I think it was better than the 3rd which mostly felt weird...

And I think it was confirmed that they plan to make a new trilogy