Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2015-12-12, 12:21   Link #3041
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Episode 6:

Whoah. Massive lore dump in the first half. So lots of talk about powers, maidens, war and illuminati-like organizations and all that. Nothing completely alien to anyone who knows action Shounen tropes. So 4 maidens of great power, named after the 4 seasons, acting like guardians. One of the is about to die and Pyrrha is the chosen replacement. No natural way of transferring it this time, and the only way now is to force the previous maidens Aura into Pyrrha, with potentially disastrous consequences. Should also be noted that apparently that's the real Pyrrha based on the final 8.

I imagine that when something happens to the other 4, at least one RWBY member will likely be it. Consider, though, that the fall maiden nearing death has burn marks on her face...

In the tournament itself its apparently the final 8 sequentially fighting each other 1 on 1 in succession until 1 person wins. The fight between Yang and Mercury was fantastically animated. Definite proof that the animation team still has it. But as for the end of the fight... my god...
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
FUCK

YOU

CINDER.

Words cannot express what had just transpired. Taking into account what happened to the Fall maiden, Yang getting screwed over in that cliff hanger ending and the Grimm massing outside the arena, Cinder's plans are coming into full circle. Looks like what's left is what will happen to Penny and Pyrrha. If I'm correct, given that Yang just got screwed over, I'm almost completely sure that a Cinder-tampered Penny will be facing Pyrrha with... disastrous consequences. Cinder knows so much, perhaps as much or more than Ozpin et al.'s shadow group, which calls into question just who the fuck she really is.

Doom, gloom and death flags everywhere. No episode until January 2, 2016. Next year can't come any faster. I need to watch this episode again...
4 seasons huh? So Summer's dead. Winter's a guardian? Cinder messed up Autumn. That leaves Spring.

Last edited by LKK; 2015-12-12 at 13:29. Reason: Edited quote
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-12, 12:50   Link #3042
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well that's JUST my speculation at least. I'm betting at least 1 of those assumptions will come out true.

The clue is likely in the little story that Ozpin told Pyrrha in his office. Of course consider the color code of those maiden characters and that I'll eat my mousepad if Ozpin isn't the old man in that story. The only thing we do know is that Pyrrha has a huge bull's eye on her back. Yang's problem might be related, who knows.

In the end, taking into consideration Ozpin's revelations, Yang getting arrested and how this is one gigantic Xanatos Gambit by Cinder, we can conclude fair certainty that:

1. Shit is about to get real, and it just hit the fan.
2. Cinder possesses knowledge rivaling if not exceeding Ozpin.
3. Someone's either going to get really, REALLY hurt, if not KILLED. Not just a Mercury broken leg thing, but most likely hospitalized if not the same state as Autumn. All signs point to Pyrrha, and this is a potential catalyst for Jaune's semblance.

All in all we have 2 weeks without an episode. Episode 7 or 8 are likely the season's climaxes. This is us getting a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from RT.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-12, 13:01   Link #3043
bakato

Quote:
Well that's JUST my speculation at least. I'm betting at least 1 of those assumptions will come out true.

The clue is likely in the little story that Ozpin told Pyrrha in his office. Of course consider the color code of those maiden characters and that I'll eat my mousepad if Ozpin isn't the old man in that story. The only thing we do know is that Pyrrha has a huge bull's eye on her back. Yang's problem might be related, who knows.

In the end, taking into consideration Ozpin's revelations, Yang getting arrested and how this is one gigantic Xanatos Gambit by Cinder, we can conclude fair certainty that:

1. Shit is about to get real, and it just hit the fan.
2. Cinder possesses knowledge rivaling if not exceeding Ozpin.
3. Someone's either going to get really, REALLY hurt, if not KILLED. Not just a Mercury broken leg thing, but most likely hospitalized if not the same state as Autumn. All signs point to Pyrrha, and this is a potential catalyst for Jaune's semblance.

All in all we have 2 weeks without an episode. Episode 7 or 8 are likely the season's climaxes. This is us getting a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from RT.
I didn't watch the episode. Gotta wait until tomorrow so I don't know this story.
Old 2015-12-12, 14:30   Link #3044
Twi

You know, this isn't as bad as you'd think for Yang.

Spoiler for Speculation:
Old 2015-12-12, 15:54   Link #3045
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Oh dear.

This lore development is bad (as in, evil, not poor writing). I mean, the songs alluded to this sort of thing, but it seems that things are going to get reaaaal nasty from here on out.

It's time to step up or die, basically. And we know someone's going to choke...... X______x

JNR need to step up majorly. They're very dependent on Pyrrha, if (or rather when) she fails they need to cover for her mistakes... But can they? Are they just going to let her fall? I think it would be a crushing defeat, something I don't see them recovering from.

This is the season that sets the tone for the rest of the series. This is the end of their first year. Time to grow up.

Last edited by Mach56gs; 2015-12-12 at 16:05.
Mach56gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-12, 19:57   Link #3046
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Edit - Fans posting in reddit are losing their collective shit. Hah!
In fairness, it doesn't take all that much for that to happen...
Old 2015-12-13, 12:36   Link #3047
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Volume 3 Episode 6.

Two words: Holy -bleep-!

So we found out why Ozpin and co brought Pyrrha to talk.
Spoiler:

Later during the final 8, Yang fight against Mercury in an excellent fight. And then comes this episode's "Wham Moment!".
Spoiler:

Currently the best episode of the season since we got some plot and a shocking conclusion. It's too bad, the next episode won't be airing until January.
Old 2015-12-13, 12:46   Link #3048
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oh look, a character named SUMMER who has a daughter and seems to be dead. I wonder...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-13, 12:55   Link #3049
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Oh look, a character named SUMMER who has a daughter and seems to be dead. I wonder...
It could just be a coincidence. I doubt Winter's a maiden. If Summer was a maiden, then it's likely Ruby's inherited her powers. It looks like Ozpin and co. haven't thought of this.

Somehow I think team RWBY will end up as the new maidens.
Old 2015-12-13, 13:11   Link #3050
Tormenk

Wham episode well done. I can understand why Qrow drinks so much, if just to make the unbelievable things he has to deal with abit more bearable.

Might be just me but did Ironwood's eyes change colors from gray to blue when he talked about the power possibly being transferred to the assailant? His eyes actually alternate colors at one point.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

His left eye is gray and his right eye is blue.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-13, 13:18   Link #3051
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
It could just be a coincidence. I doubt Winter's a maiden. If Summer was a maiden, then it's likely Ruby's inherited her powers. It looks like Ozpin and co. haven't thought of this.

Somehow I think team RWBY will end up as the new maidens.
Actually, I think they have thought of this.

Remember, when Ozpin meets Ruby, he takes a moment to remark upon her silver eyes. He already knows that she's Summer's daughter at this point, because he knows her full name, so why would her having the same colour eyes as her mother be notable?

Except that there's another character in the series who has notable eyes, too: Cinder, who's stolen part of the Autumn Maiden's power and has glowing gold eyes. I'd bet you anything that if Amber opened her eyes, they'd be, well, amber.

tl;dr: I bet each maiden has a specific eye colour, and silver is the colour of summer.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-13, 13:32   Link #3052
bakato

Silver is the color of summer? Since when?
Old 2015-12-13, 13:37   Link #3053
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Silver is the color of summer? Since when?
Since it was explicitly drawn attention to as the eye colour of a woman called 'Summer' (who is almost certainly the Summer Maiden) and her daughter.

EDIT: And since it was apparently not clear, I was specifically talking about how it seems to be the eye colour of the summer maiden in universe. I thought that was obvious, but - apparently not.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-13, 17:27   Link #3054
Wandering Soul

I won't be surprised if the members of RWBY eventually become the maidens.

I know Ruby told Yang to break a leg but I don't think she meant it literally. Now she is going to get arrested.
Old 2015-12-13, 18:26   Link #3055
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Argh, I really hope that each of RWBY doesn't become maidens. Too cliché, too magical girl-esque.

I think Pyrrha should keep her maiden-hood. (Wait, that sounds wrong.)

As much as people think she's going to die...

Pyrrha is a character that epitomizes nurture and empathy, a warm guardian who clearly isn't afraid of death or the duties that she shoulders.

There are worse things than death.
Old 2015-12-13, 19:54   Link #3056
Tenzen12

I was afraid Yang will gonna get Worfed. It's good such didn't happen, but way she got screwed is much worse than some beating.

I don't see any way she can get away with that.
Old 2015-12-13, 20:10   Link #3057
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That episode was the worst thing to start the day. It left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Quote:
I don't see any way she can get away with that.
She will, inevitably. We have Taiyang and Raven.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-13, 20:28   Link #3058
bakato

I'm wondering how much of this was an act. Did Mercury really agree to have his leg broken for this?
Old 2015-12-13, 20:32   Link #3059
Chosen_Hero

As much as I liked the episode, I can't help but think "how convinient" at hearimg the story of the maidens, gee, I wonder who will be the next to get those powers.

I wouldn't mind being wrong but i've seen too much t.v. to know where this is going.
Old 2015-12-13, 20:37   Link #3060
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Finally, an overall good RWBY episode. Pyrrha finally finally gets some overdue screentime, but that info dump was definitely not what I expecting. I really hope that IF she really decides to go through with the transfer or whatever it is, she'll stay the same person. And it looks like Cinder has made her first move. The intimate 1v1 is an extreme improvement over every fight and battle this season has had so far; it's only a shame that it ended with that bullshit. No one in the audience seriously saw with their own two eyes that Mercury attacked first? Or is that what we're supposed to believe? OR MAYBE... Was it some illusion voodoo magic going on that made Yang think that Mercury was gonna go for a low blow?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby