AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-10-02, 15:07   Link #7221
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I wonder if we should look into moving Blackmon? He's in a Josh Gordon situation where he's talented player but is one strike away from being suspended a year. That also drops his value a lot.
Old 2013-10-02, 15:17   Link #7222
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Good move to trade Monroe, I was hoping they would. Now we can move Joekel to LT where he should be and sign a good RT in the offseason. I would have liked to see a bit higher draft picks out of Monroe's trade but I can understand why he had low value, and more draft picks are more draft picks. The more we have the more we can move around if we need to. Caldwell making some good moves. Time to finally rid ourselves of the Gene Smith era. 2015 is the target.
Eugene Monroe is a great guy and plays very well. A top ten Left Tackle however, he is in a contract year. He is in his prime, but resigning him ask the question why did we ever draft Luke Joeckal. Luke Joeckal is set to be one of the most elite tackles in the league and only cost 405 hundred thousands as oppose to Monroe's 3.8 mil. Also, via by paid suscription of Profootballtalk, Luke Joeckal is already considered elite and near Monroe's level already. ESPN sure makes things very confusing with segments of why the rookies offensive tackles are struggling. The thing about the Ravens are that while yes, its a great upgrade, but what about next year. Can they pay him over 3.8 million for what they are asking for. People seems to be knocking down the Jaguars for this trade, while it appears to be the Jaguars got a better deal. They have 11 draft picks so far for 2014 and they are only just getting started.

I think Caldwell is just getting started. The whole offensive line other than the Left Tackle positions needs to be rebuilt either in the off season or the draft. Brad Meester, great guy, he is likely to retire after this year since he is 36. Jason Babin is a great player, but since the image is to get younger and he is set to make 4. 2 mil he may be traded for draft picks. As well as Marcedes Lewis, he is making 4.2 mil, is 29, and is now a injury prone risk. Uche Nwaneri is 29 and is making 3.7 mil, also he is not performing well. Many players are now expandable.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 15:22   Link #7223
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

This is just like when Cleveland traded Trent Richardson. ESPN doesn't know shit. They think every time a team trades a player with perceived value it means they're tanking or trying to clear the deck. We were just doing what made sense, the same as Cleveland.
Old 2013-10-02, 15:28   Link #7224
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
This is just like when Cleveland traded Trent Richardson. ESPN doesn't know shit. They think every time a team trades a player with perceived value it means they're tanking or trying to clear the deck. We were just doing what made sense, the same as Cleveland.
True, but Cleveland got a steal in that one. Also, another reason why I mentioned many of the players who were set to be traded was because they are already rumors about them. Maurice Jones Drew and Cleveland seems to be linked, speculating a 3rd round draft pick for Maurice Jones Drew. Another seems to be for Mercedes Lewis going to the Patriots for a 4th round pick. Then there is Babin linked to the Cowboys for a 3rd round pick. Would these be good deals for the Jaguars?

Also, its confirmed that we are getting a 4th round pick and a 5th round pick from the Ravens for 2014.
Old 2013-10-02, 16:21   Link #7225
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Yeah I think those deals are the best we could ask for for those guys. It's better to jettison them and get something rather than nothing, since it's a contract year for MJD and he could walk, just like Monroe.
Old 2013-10-02, 16:44   Link #7226
VTHokiePride

The Raiders have reordered their depth chart for their QB pecking order:

1. Terrelle Pryor
2. Matt McGloin
3. Matt Flynn

The undrafted rookie out of Penn State, has passed Flynn on the depth chart. Looks like the Raiders don't trust Flynn and don't like the fact they paid a lot to get him from Seattle.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...pryor-to-start
Old 2013-10-02, 16:51   Link #7227
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post

1. Terrelle Pryor
2. Matt McGloin
3. Matt Flynn

The undrafted rookie out of Penn State, has passed Flynn on the depth chart. Looks like the Raiders don't trust Flynn and don't like the fact they paid a lot to get him from Seattle.

Wow..................can't believe how low Flynn has fallen. Guess he is a different Flynn because he ain't "In like Flynn".
Old 2013-10-02, 18:06   Link #7228
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Wow..................can't believe how low Flynn has fallen. Guess he is a different Flynn because he ain't "In like Flynn".
I didn't think he was worth it coming out of Green Bay. Out of his 2 games of experience, 1 was against the Lions and their terrible secondary. I think he had 400 something passing yards and 4 or 5 TDs with a few picks. He had some weapons back then too.

Also, Manziel is back on top in QB rankings according to NFL.com

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ger-cashing-in
Old 2013-10-02, 18:27   Link #7229
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ger-cashing-in
Really, he is still listed at end of the first round and second round in draft boards?
Old 2013-10-02, 19:43   Link #7230
Yye1
Wide Right

^ Probably has something to do with attitude problems

Btw, who in gods name will actually watch that San Diego-Oakland game, unless you are a fan of either team?!

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 19:49   Link #7231
sky black swordman

Quote:

1. Terrelle Pryor
2. Matt McGloin
3. Matt Flynn

Due to this happening, the trade for Matt Flynn will now be considered by the many as one of GM Reggie Mckenzie biggest mistakes. A lot of Raider fans were greatly confused and upset when Reggie Mckenzie made the trade for Flynn. Quite a few people in the Raiders organization and Raider fans felt that Reggie Mckenzie and Dennis Allen should have given Terrelle Pryor a chance to show if he could led a team after Carson Palmer traded. The reason they even made the trade for Matt Flynn was because Reggie Mckenzie and Dennis Allen didn't think that Terrelle Pryor could led the team.
Old 2013-10-02, 22:58   Link #7232
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
That's not what Cleveland talk radio said, because I listened to the fallout all day and about 90% of callers agreed with ESPN, and all the radio hosts (even the ones who thought the trade was good) thought starting Hoyer was the move to make the season tank-job complete...ESPN IS a parasite but Cleveland wasn't applying any flea powder...

Quote:
If he can just somehow avoid Cleveland and Jacksonville, I'll be very interested to see how his career ends up because I''ll never get to see him play with those two squads...Minn., Tampa Bay (Minus Schiano), or Arizona I could deal with...Morso ArZ so he can be the honey badger of the O-side...
Old 2013-10-03, 02:55   Link #7233
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

A lot of people don't know jack squat about football then. Anyone who watched film on Richardson would know he's a bust for a third pick in the draft. He can't run in the NFL. His feet are slow, he takes too long to find a hole, and you almost never see him go on a long run. Typical Alabama running back. People tried to use the excuse that it was the Cleveland line and lack of a pass game, but we see him in Indi where they have an excellent pass game and it's the same shit.

After this I don't know why anyone would listen to ESPN or kneejerk sports fans in general.
Old 2013-10-03, 05:37   Link #7234
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
A lot of people don't know jack squat about football then. Anyone who watched film on Richardson would know he's a bust for a third pick in the draft. He can't run in the NFL. His feet are slow, he takes too long to find a hole, and you almost never see him go on a long run. Typical Alabama running back. People tried to use the excuse that it was the Cleveland line and lack of a pass game, but we see him in Indi where they have an excellent pass game and it's the same shit.

After this I don't know why anyone would listen to ESPN or kneejerk sports fans in general.
Well, it wasn't just ESPN, it was also the same in the NFL network, not to mention they were shopping another one of its top players.
Old 2013-10-03, 09:13   Link #7235
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Yeah, they put both Josh Gordon and Greg Little on the trading block as well. Gordon may have two strikes and Little may have dropsies, but they were the top two receivers last year. And Gordon is playing really well right now.

That would leave Devone Bess and Travis Benjamin, two slot receivers, on the roster. And Jordan Cameron.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 10:10   Link #7236
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:

I wouldn't say that ESPN is all bad. I mean, I am going to watch EPSN when they air episodes of First Take when Richard Sherman puts Skip Bayless in his place or when Jalen Rose embarrass the entire ESPN staff, Mark Cuban owns Stephen A. Smith, and Rapper Nelly when he owns Stephen A. Smith.
Old 2013-10-03, 15:14   Link #7237
VTHokiePride

Josh Freeman has been released by the Buccaneers.
Old 2013-10-03, 15:32   Link #7238
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Josh Freeman has been released by the Buccaneers.
............Wow, didn't expect that. They could have kept him because he could have gotten them a 7th or 6th round pick.
Old 2013-10-03, 15:42   Link #7239
GDB

I doubt it. No team would trade them considering both Freeman's salary hit as well as how obviously the Buccs were going to get rid of him if no one traded for him. Why give something up when you can wait and get it for free?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 15:46   Link #7240
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I doubt it. No team would trade them considering both Freeman's salary hit as well as how obviously the Buccs were going to get rid of him if no one traded for him. Why give something up when you can wait and get it for free?
Stranger things has happen in the NFL. However, I do see your point.

Tags
american football, sports