AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 43 30.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 56 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 16.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 6.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.71%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.43%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-01, 05:41   Link #41
U<3Anime
Boo!

Wow 10 years age gap. Well whatever, it doesn't bother me since I have a friend's who parents have the same age gap. But it will bother me if it's the other way like setsuna and marina for example *ahem*. This probably because I'm a guy >_>
Old 2007-12-01, 05:45   Link #42
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Wow 10 years age gap. Well whatever, it doesn't bother me since I have a friend's who parents have the same age gap. But it will bother me if it's the other way like setsuna and marina for example *ahem*. This probably because I'm a guy >_>
well, it's not so much about the age gap as that one is an adult while the other is a kid... which is the same for Marina and Setsuna I guess...

Maybe we'll see Sergei x Soma pair up later on
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 05:59   Link #43
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Well, the screenshots have left me wondering; why does the Ptolemaio's crew feel the need to tog themselves in full spacesuits while sitting on the bridge doing C&C in a space battle? It's something I've not seen in SEED, at the least.

...well, I guess this means we can forget about the "Sumeragi bounce" when missiles strike the Ptolemaios.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 06:03   Link #44
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Well, the screenshots have left me wondering; why does the Ptolemaio's crew feel the need to tog themselves in full spacesuits while sitting on the bridge doing C&C in a space battle? It's something I've not seen in SEED, at the least.

...well, I guess this means we can forget about the "Sumeragi bounce" when missiles strike the Ptolemaios.
It's called insurance... you never know, in battle any number of things could go wrong to get a nice decompression from a hull breach.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 06:05   Link #45
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post

Just proves how much smarter the 00 cast are compared to GS, if the windows to the bridge of the AA shattered they would have all died...
Old 2007-12-01, 06:19   Link #46
Wal Ouran Leviathan

And isn't it something you see quite often in UC ?
Wal Ouran Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 06:26   Link #47
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wal Ouran Leviathan View Post
And isn't it something you see quite often in UC ?
Quite true. From White Base to Ra Cailum to Reinforce Junior they all wore normal suits when in combat unless the situation prevented them from doing so.

This tradition seemed to be on-off for AU series though, sometimes followed (IIRC X, not sure on this), sometimes not (in Wing and SEED/Destiny, almost always never, though they tried to rectify with Minerva's combat bridge).

Edit:

Something I noticed from this larger version of Virtue's bondage ( ) image:

Spoiler for Virtue:

Is that... putty on its joints?

Seems the HRL are more prepared for this operation than I had expected...

Edit two:

Yes, very well prepared...

Spoiler for HRL Task Force:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2007-12-01 at 06:43.
Old 2007-12-01, 06:49   Link #48
kari-no-sugata

Sergei is da man!

Not only can Sergei pilot a MS, but he can also do mission plans that cause Sumeragi headaches - and she knows about him too!
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 07:06   Link #49
kari-no-sugata

couple of background notes

More background info on some characters in this ep...

Lockon seems to have a twin brother. He also tells Felt that he's from Ireland and his parents were killed by terrorists. He told her because he felt it was unfair just her talking about his background - Felt's parents were 2nd gen Gundam meisters and today was the anniversary of their death, but she doesn't even know how they died. She's inherited their will, as it were, to achieve CB's ends.

LOL at Christina trying to have a nice meal with Setsuna and Tieria in the same room - both eating in silence. She seems to have some fear of dying, though not really clear if it's due to a particular reason.

btw, it's been 4 months since ep 1 and CB came out to the world. While some protest against CB, some support it.

Also, the Gundams are currently being put through an overhaul.

Compared to last week, Saji's points take a dive. Meanwhile, his sister goes Hatarakiman on us.

And Marina's found her prince charming... er, organisation to help save her country? Hmm...
Old 2007-12-01, 07:17   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The Felt/Lockon development is enough for me to give this episode a 10, that and the wonderful dinner scene.
Old 2007-12-01, 07:51   Link #51
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Lockon has a twin brother?
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 07:53   Link #52
Kikuchi

Yup, we see him at the beginning, just before the opening starts.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 07:55   Link #53
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
Lockon has a twin brother?
Before the OP starts, we see 2 Lockons. One holding a flower towards the grave which already had one placed, while another hidden, looks from behind a tree. They look 100% alike.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 08:00   Link #54
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
What? 4 months?

They just disappered for this time or what? The episodes we've seen so far only covered about at most a few days each. Isn't it a bit strange, that CB appears, quickly defeats a few "enemies" and then doesn't do anything for such a long time? Or did they just not show it, to have some flashbacks in later episodes?
No, they've been busy. Undertaken ~60 interventions already. Not major ones since Moralia though.
Old 2007-12-01, 08:07   Link #55
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
well according to the official site,
http://www.gundam00.net/character/index.html

she's 14

and lolickon is 24
lockon wins! he is my idol

wow not a bad ep at all ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 08:16   Link #56
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Seems like HRL's a pretty big threat to CB.
Fat mobile suits that can dodge Dynames' and Exia's beam and mines to reveal the position of Kyrios? Man, they've got good pilots.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 08:19   Link #57
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
I love just one Haro, though that many is over kill. It's SEED all over again.

Lockon's "YOU'RE MISUNDERSTANDING" is epic LOL. Having Allelujah blushing makes it all the more epic.
Old 2007-12-01, 08:29   Link #58
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I love just one Haro, though that many is over kill. It's SEED all over again.
At least they're actually useful, unlike in SEED

In fact one of the Haro's, Hanayo from 00F, is said to have a direct link to Veda...

Edit:

Random Curiosity Blog's Gundam 00 - 9 Up, though no summary as of yet, but with incredibly interesting screenshots

Last edited by LoweGear; 2007-12-01 at 08:55.
Old 2007-12-01, 09:04   Link #59
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The episode preview seems to say that Virtue will finally unleash its hidden ability. I wonder what it will be
Old 2007-12-01, 09:21   Link #60
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
The episode preview seems to say that Virtue will finally unleash its hidden ability. I wonder what it will be
It also showed that Kyrios was countered in a VERY unique way; it was wrapped up in thin cables like a Chrismas present so it can't transform.

Is this the first time a transformable Mobile suit in a Gundam universe was defeated in this way? It just makes so much sense, since Kyrios can't used most of its weapons in MA mode. And even more ideal since the goal is to capture Gundams intact.

(It is likely that the capture-mission will fail next week, as we haven't even reached 12 episodes yet. But there would probably be enough chunks of gundam components obtained for study when the dust settled.)

By the way, it is confirmed that the ship itself is not armed, though quite significantly armored by GN particles. Funny how you can see the amount of GN particles remaining on screen like some sort of HP-display in video games.

EDIT:
Another thing, Lockon's Orange Haro appeared to be the "big brother" of the other Haros, like some sort of android leader. I won't be surprised if the other Haros are suppose to be female like how they sounded like.