AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 57 83.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 8.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 1.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-19, 11:05   Link #41
zero7090

I dont always rate an episode, but when i do it always worth 10/10.
The music was epic, the animation was magnificent, the plot was fabulous and above all Bel Peol is so HOT.

Oh the irony, the tomogara that flame hazes, the 3 gods despited, killed so much were the very one who wished for a peaceful haven where they don't have to eat human.
p/s: with j.c record to screw stuffs up for the sake of screwing fan, let pray they wont screw us in ep 24.
Old 2012-03-19, 14:39   Link #42
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Excellent episode! And I agree with zero7090, as of late I can't stop thinking that Bel Peol is super hot... lol. It's like the moment she removed that eye patch she increased in sexiness or something

What I'm trying to figure out is why Shana and Yuji gotta fight now... I hope it gets cleared up in the last episode. And Yuji getting a new friend in the shape of Sidney is pretty interesting, I hope he doesn't die.
Old 2012-03-19, 16:37   Link #43
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
Alright~ Question time!
I was pretty sure about it until a while ago, but can someone tell me once again why Tomogara can survive without eating PoE in the new world? I know they can survive in Guze, and they had to feed on humans in our world, but what about the new world? Is it because it's in the riff that they don't need to eat PoE?
Xanadu is created with 'unlimited' PoE, so the tomogara won't have to devour anything in order to sustain enough PoE to survive.
Old 2012-03-19, 17:51   Link #44
Crontica

relentlessflame thumbs up, this is one ending i. am. not. getting spoiled on.
Old 2012-03-19, 18:29   Link #45
Deathscyther

Wow. After seeing the episode with subs, I like it even more! There were certainly a lot of revelations this episode.

We got a lot of character development for SnH and Yuji as well. They really respect each other.

'It was certainly enjoyable, human who uses even Gods for his goals'
That sentence was badass. Yuji finally got the respect he deserved. So I guess Yuji indeed made some kind of deal with SnH. They needed each other in order to reach their respective goals. The creation of Xanadu was SnH's goal and he used Yuji's body and the Reiji Maigo as tools to create this new world. Yuji in turn is using the creation of Xanadu as a tool in order to reach his own goals:
1) he doesn't want Shana to have to fight anymore;
2) he wants humans and tomogara to be able to coexist;
3) he wants to protect Misaki City and it's people (this has been his goal since season 2).
The creation of Xanadu would make all of these goals possible, although this is just the first step.

SnH also tells Yuji that he supports Yuji's goal to make humans and tomogara coexist. But since he's a God who can only create things if others wish for it (and since he seemingly needs lots of preparation in order to use his creation powers), he can't help Yuji. He's such a god after all. But since Yuji's goal is a wish as well, he permits it, even it nobody else will.

We also learn that SnH really wants the best for everyone in the end. The God of Creation left in the rule Shana and co put in, because he could tell that the tomogara accepted the new rule when he gathered their wishes in order to create Xanadu. Since it's his job to fulfil these wishes, he decided to leave it in, even if it were the flame haze who made the change to his 'paradice'. Otherwise everyone would be sad. I think he's talking about the tomogara, the flame haze and Sakai Yuji here.

I also loved how at the end SnH was even honorable enough to tell the Flame Haze that their fights and their wishes were meaningful. That they managed to get what they wanted.

----

I certainly understand Shaher's oracle better now as well. Shaher announced the birth of the heir of the two worlds, who was created from the existences of Pheles and Johan. So this means this new existence will be half human and half tomogara. She didn't simply appear in order to announce this though. She appeared in order to make sure that everyone knows about it's existence and that it doesn't disappear as soon as it is created: 'with nothing to guard it, it will quickly disappear'. And why is this? Apparently because she's expecting something bad to happen in Xanadu: 'However this new land you're creating...you are unknowingly headed to an end'.

Shaher probably expects that this 'heir of the two worlds' is the key to solve the problem. It's clear that the problem she's talking about here is one of Yuji's goals: humans and tomogara coexisting. An oracle isn't required for something that will come about if events are left to unfold to which a flow is already set. So Shaher probably expects things to go wrong without this oracle of hers. The 'heir of the two worlds' is half human and half tomogara, so of course it is important to keep it alive. Just the fact that such a being exists shows that humans and tomogara can actually coexist. This is all Shaher can do to guide the people on the right path.

---

As for the Reiji Maigo, I've always wondered why the treasure tool was able to recover it's power at midnight. It had to get it's power from somewhere, right? And now we finally learn the truth behind the treasure tool. It uses the PoE that form distortions in the world to recover it's energy.

In order to create a Xanadu a lot of PoE is needed. Dantalion created an unrestricted method, the to gather many distortions at the same time in order to give the Reiji Maigo a major boost. I guess this unrestricted method is the 'anti-seal' Yuji needed Kazumi for. SnH used that power to create Xanadu. SnH used all the distortions the tomogara caused in order to create their paradice. I guess this means that SnH actually helped this world as well. The distortions have been 'used', so I guess that they're gone now. This would actually be good for the balance of this world.

---

Now to wait for the last episode...The last episode will most certainly focus on Yuji and Shana. For the last episode I'm expecting:
1) Yuji's final plan, which I guess involves Spiral Organ. I'll quote my theory from the episode 22 topic.
Quote:
Why would Yuji bring the battles to his hometown? Why would he perform the dangerous anti-seal there? I don't think he decided to do it there just to reduce the stress placed on SnH. Yuji has always wanted to protect Misaki City and the people who live in it. He was even willing to leave the town with Shana back in season 2 to protect the town and it's people. So there must be another reason why Yuji wants to create Xanadu in Misaki City. I have a feeling that Yuji's plan will actually benefit Misaki City and it's people in the end.

Maybe that's where Spiral Organ comes in the picture? After Spiral Organ asks Yuji if the creation ritual will be held in Misaki City in episode 16, Yuji says 'It has to be here.' Yuji then continues to say that he wants to borrow his assistence at that time. Spiral Organ then says 'Does that entail more than what you've already requested of me?'. Yuji then nods. I think that Spiral Organ meant the anti-seal when he said 'what you've already requested of me', so Yuji is probably asking Spiral Organ's help for something else here.
2) Yuji and Shana fighting, probably because of their emotions and/or because of this final plan;
3) Yuji and Shana making up and heading to Xanadu together in the end.

I can't wait!

Last edited by Deathscyther; 2012-03-19 at 18:42.
Old 2012-03-20, 02:53   Link #46
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I could keep up with most of the info dump, but I always turn up blank whenever they talk about the [Engaged Link]... What is that again ?

Also, am I right to say that the reason Xanadu got altered in the end was because the Tomogaras had a change of heart and wished for it?
Old 2012-03-20, 03:16   Link #47
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I could keep up with most of the info dump, but I always turn up blank whenever they talk about the [Engaged Link]... What is that again ?
"Engaged Link" is a nickname Pheles and Johan earned .
MAL
Old 2012-03-20, 03:23   Link #48
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Pheles and Johan

Again, what will happen to the Reiji Maigo, will it stop working now that the disortions are all gone?
Old 2012-03-20, 06:02   Link #49
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Now after three seasons and years of waiting, we're down to the finale.

So yeah, what will happen to Mystes Sakai Yuji assuming Reiji Maigo will cease functioning with the entire system altered by the Gods. Regardless of who wins at the end, something is bound to happen to either or them, and I don't think it will end with a 100% happy ending.
Old 2012-03-20, 06:55   Link #50
Kakkou
Tch.

Oh man, I kept hoping they wouldn't do it but they did. RIP Khamsin. His final moment was absolutely the only thing in the series that's been able to really make me feel sad. Even now I kept wishing that it was Sale and Chiara who got caught up in the explosion. =(

In the end Xanadu was created and it turns out Shana's plan had been utterly insignificant the whole time and only worked because the Denizens themselves ended up taking pity on humans. On top of all that Pheles and Johan got what they wanted. Since all that's left seems to be a lovers quarrel (and angry post battle make up sex?), whatever the hell Sydonay wants to do and whatever Lamies' goal is, I'd say the ending of this series should be pretty satisfying.

Except for well, you know, Khamsin.
Old 2012-03-20, 07:59   Link #51
Frostysunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
In the end Xanadu was created and it turns out Shana's plan had been utterly insignificant the whole time and only worked because the Denizens themselves ended up taking pity on humans.
Shana's plan was not insignificant. If the code of the world egg had not been changed, the tomogara would have not have thought to allow for the rule to not eat humans. Considering the changing of the code with the oracle, the tomogaras altered the nature of their wish into a better wish for both humans and themselves.
Old 2012-03-20, 09:25   Link #52
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostysunset View Post
Shana's plan was not insignificant. If the code of the world egg had not been changed, the tomogara would have not have thought to allow for the rule to not eat humans. Considering the changing of the code with the oracle, the tomogaras altered the nature of their wish into a better wish for both humans and themselves.
The code of the world egg mean nothing since it is all but a decoy. What matter is the wish of the tomogara and the yearn for a world to coexist with the human as stated by Yuji and SnH before.
Old 2012-03-20, 10:19   Link #53
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Oh man, I kept hoping they wouldn't do it but they did. RIP Khamsin. His final moment was absolutely the only thing in the series that's been able to really make me feel sad. Even now I kept wishing that it was Sale and Chiara who got caught up in the explosion. =(
Well then it's most fortunate they didn't.....>_>
Old 2012-03-20, 11:07   Link #54
klare

since the tomogaras went to Xanadu, the Flame Haze should have no more enemies, but it seems Yuji and Shana will fight each other in the final eps

i am guessing Yuji will not survive
Old 2012-03-20, 11:20   Link #55
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
since the tomogaras went to Xanadu, the Flame Haze should have no more enemies, but it seems Yuji and Shana will fight each other in the final eps

do you really wish for this painful ending
Old 2012-03-20, 12:25   Link #56
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Pheles and Johan

Again, what will happen to the Reiji Maigo, will it stop working now that the disortions are all gone?
That wouldn't make sense considering the Raging Mango has nothing to do with the distortions. It was simply a device made by Pheles to infinitely reproduce PoE. Also Yuji have the same amount of PoE as a King of Guze, so even without the RM, he'll exist for a very long time, especially since now he has no reason to use his PoE outside of just "living"
Old 2012-03-20, 14:48   Link #57
Frostysunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
That wouldn't make sense considering the Raging Mango has nothing to do with the distortions.
I am pretty sure that they said in this episode that the Reiji Maigo used distortions as a power supply for the device to generate existence. Basically, SnH/Yuji used the stored up distortions all over the world to throw the Reiji Maigo into overdrive to create the power they needed for Xanadu's creation. *shrugs*
Old 2012-03-20, 15:05   Link #58
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post

I think Yuji will survive. This episode he told Bel Peol that the creation of Xanadu is just the beginning. One of his goals is to walk with Shana in the end. He's aiming to create a world where humans and tomogara can coexist, a world where flame haze are no longer needed. This way Shana can live a normal/peaceful life. In the end Yuji would be able to be together with Shana.

Yuji wants to be punished for his 'evil' deeds though and thinks he doesn't deserve happiness. That's what Johan said during their little talk. So I guess that he's not planning to get a happy life with Shana right away. He's probably giving reaching his other goals priority above his own happiness. And reaching his other goals will probably take a longgggg time. It might even prove to be impossible.

I think that Yuji still is in Misaki City to carry out one of his plans. Why would he have to fight Shana, though? He might have to stall her to make sure that she doesn't get in the way of this plan. Depends on what this plan of Yuji is though.

No, I think that the real reason why they'll fight is more simple than that. Shana wants to be with Yuji, while Yuji is thinking that he doesn't deserve happiness right now. Shana probably won't accept this and try to change his way of thinking. They will probably hold nothing back and put all their feelings/emotions in this final battle.

Quote:
Not every distortion is gone. They used many distortions for the anti-seal, but there are still distortions throughout the world.

The Reiji Maigo uses the PoE that form the distortions. These distortions have been formed by the constant devouring of humans. This was the only source of PoE in this world. That's why every tomogara had to devour humans in order to survive. But humans can't be devoured in Xanadu, so the Reiji Maigo will have to find another energy source. There is unlimited PoE in that world though, so the Reiji Maigo will probably use some of that PoE to recover it's energy at midnight. So I guess that Yuji will be fine.

Last edited by Deathscyther; 2012-03-20 at 16:06.
Old 2012-03-21, 00:20   Link #59
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

A God's Dream

I can recall the first season's last episode. Back then, there were several subplots left to be resolved, and yet the writers skillfully paced season one's last episode to resolve those plots masterfully and with enough time.

I said the writers did it again for this episode, even if it was the penultimate episode, so I guess they wanted to resolve the FH-Tomogara war with a fair outcome to leave room for the Yuuji-Shana fight in the last episode to conclude things once and for all.

I can appreciate everyones' thoughts about why the Tomogara felt sad, because their wishes to have the law of not consuming humans into their new world was also fulfilled by Sairei no Heibi.

The FH original goal to achieve the end result was to brutally obliterate the coming Tomogara so as to impose the taboo into the hearts of the survivors travelling into the new world so as to prevent the consumption of humans in the other side.

But, Shaher's declaration that she approved of and acknowledged the hybrid existence of Pheles and Johann's progeny added a new dimension into their way of thinking, or that's what I want to believe.

I believe that maybe or not the Tomogara learned that their choice was theirs, that they have a choice for Xanadu, and still wished to choose Xanadu to be an imperfect world rather than the Paradise Sairei no Heibi envisioned at the start for all his people.

At the end, it became surprisingly a win-win situation for both sides, although loses from both sides were taxing.
Xanadu is created, but the Tomogara wished for their God to integrate the law about not consuming humans. Sairei no Heibi peacefully acquiesced to his peoples' wishes, thus, fulfilling the FH end goal as a result.

I presume that the Tomogara learned something from Shaher's declaration, which gave them a profound impact in all of them to change their wish slightly. Hence, I hope that the FH might have also learned something important from Shaher's declaration.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-21, 09:55   Link #60
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostysunset View Post
I am pretty sure that they said in this episode that the Reiji Maigo used distortions as a power supply for the device to generate existence. Basically, SnH/Yuji used the stored up distortions all over the world to throw the Reiji Maigo into overdrive to create the power they needed for Xanadu's creation. *shrugs*
Oh? If they did, then somehow I missed it. Anyway, it doesn't change that Yuji has god level PoE. So he'll be fine even without it.
Closed Thread