AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode EX1 OVA Rating
Perfect 10 9 18.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 31.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 35.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-01, 15:53   Link #41
Dark Wing

This is not meant to be taken seriously people it's a stand alone fan service episode just laugh at it and move on.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2012-10-02 at 00:10.
Old 2012-10-01, 20:27   Link #42
Dr. Casey

Aye, I think the characters' traits were exaggerated for the sake of comedy; this thing is about halfway between a regular episode and an omake. Haru isn't usually this pathetic, Chiyu isn't usually this callous, and being Taku isn't usually this much suffering.

Speaking of Chiyu, she sure did overreact to the question KYH posed...

"Am I really that intimidating?"
"O_o Haaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii? o__________O"

Yoshida reacted more calmly whenever Shana asked her how to make babies. No wonder Taku never talked to her about his feelings, Chiyu's as sensitive as the posters from the Accel World 15 thread a brick wall.
Old 2012-10-02, 01:56   Link #43
supermegasonic

character designs for this episode was amazing!
Old 2012-10-02, 15:33   Link #44
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Aye, I think the characters' traits were exaggerated for the sake of comedy; this thing is about halfway between a regular episode and an omake. Haru isn't usually this pathetic, Chiyu isn't usually this callous, and being Taku isn't usually this much suffering.

Speaking of Chiyu, she sure did overreact to the question KYH posed...

"Am I really that intimidating?"
"O_o Haaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii? o__________O"

Yoshida reacted more calmly whenever Shana asked her how to make babies. No wonder Taku never talked to her about his feelings, Chiyu's as sensitive as the posters from the Accel World 15 thread a brick wall.
Yeah basically. The only one that was really their usual self was KYH. As for her question, I think it was more her asking if she has too much of a commanding/overwhelming presence to which the answer would kind of be yes. Yet how do you really describe it without dampening her spirits, especially if you're Chiyu. She does have a habit of being shall we say...very noticeable whenever she's around or showing up at a location. She can't just be there, she has to BE there in most scenes. Showing up on a heavy metal horse, striking poses, waking up from the virtual hospital be, being dressed like she usually is in general. I think this picture best sums it up though.
Old 2012-10-03, 02:25   Link #45
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yeah basically. The only one that was really their usual self was KYH. As for her question, I think it was more her asking if she has too much of a commanding/overwhelming presence to which the answer would kind of be yes. Yet how do you really describe it without dampening her spirits, especially if you're Chiyu. She does have a habit of being shall we say...very noticeable whenever she's around or showing up at a location. She can't just be there, she has to BE there in most scenes. Showing up on a heavy metal horse, striking poses, waking up from the virtual hospital be, being dressed like she usually is in general. I think this picture best sums it up though.
well being a mega-princess-school-idol have its perks doesnt it? lol
she's queen material, she has a lot of...."aura" or something.
Old 2012-10-05, 10:53   Link #46
Auron Requies

I really liked this ova. For me it was a "throw your brain out, and just have fun" (in other words, don't take it seriously) experience. I don't see this being any indication of this being canon, but the setting of this actually feels like it's canon. I wouldn't be surprised if Kawahara asked the staff to add certain details here and there for the sake of expanding the accel universe.

The following is what I also found awesome:

- Pig Avatar, with GUNS! I loved it. He was also definitely into it, as you know that he wouldn't let kuroyukihime, even if she's bait, fall as another victim. Then there's also Haru's quote on not loosing in an FPS.
- Chiyu 'using' Cyan Pile, and how she was just doing wte the hell she wanted
- Loled at Taku getting fisted. A part of me believes, that a part of him 'enjoyed' that xD
- Haru about to say Kyh name is another nice touch.
- The not brain burst cosply of Kyh and Chiyu did look cute

Overall, definitely worth watching.
Old 2012-10-06, 15:28   Link #47
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The reasons why I enjoyed this OVA much were 1) unlike other OVA standalone episodes this one clearly continues from where main TV series finished, though not in the context of the overall plot.

The OVA acknowledges the Noumi incident, and Chiyu is actively hanging around with Kuroyukihime, Haru, and Taku in this game-mission.

2) This OVA presents fun enjoyment while also dealing with the current insecurities between Haru and Kuroyukihime's relationship. The boy's beating too much around the world, because he feels he cannot do much for an overly independent girl like Kuroyukihime.
Truth is that Haru gives too much credit to his princess. In the inside, the girl is just as shy and frail at issues like confronting their companionship, and only wishes time to time to be comforted and lead by Haru.

3) Haru's Pig avatar with FPS guns and military gear is the RULE!!

4) Chiyu went to crazy, berserker, Niko mode. Niko in homage to the current Red King who she goes all cahoots and bananas showering and nuking endlessly everything on sight with missiles, bombs, bullets, and all while letting out her demented laugh.
Old 2012-10-06, 20:13   Link #48
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Lol, that's an amazing pic. Kuroyukihime and Akari are like the opposite ends of character presence, most likely causing the later to get overshadowed by characters not even in that show.

Anyhow, Kuroyukihime's outfit reminds me of a certain Fate Testarossa's for some reason. Must be that backside showing.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-10-07, 13:55   Link #49
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Lol, that's an amazing pic. Kuroyukihime and Akari are like the opposite ends of character presence, most likely causing the later to get overshadowed by characters not even in that show.

Anyhow, Kuroyukihime's outfit reminds me of a certain Fate Testarossa's for some reason. Must be that backside showing.
Now I know where KYH came from.

She was the result of Jail Scaglietti combining Fate Testarossa's DNA with Akemi Homura's.
Old 2012-10-07, 16:11   Link #50
Breimoon

if AA is the alpha of a game, and BB is the beta , after BB ends maybe there will be a complete game for everyone? :P
Old 2012-10-08, 06:26   Link #51
Cyrogen

Very awesome OVA, just would have been nice if the relationship between KYH & Haru didn't feel like it went so far backwards.

http://wartdf.wordpress.com/
Old 2012-10-10, 06:50   Link #52
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Pretty amusing ova, poor poor Taku...?
Old 2012-10-14, 08:55   Link #53
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Cool episode
the "bad guy" have not development tough , it was a bit lame

What was the music when the hero gives the great wing to KYH ?
That was cool
Old 2013-03-08, 08:24   Link #54
HasuMasu
*Artist

Late to the party, waited 'til I got my hands on the second OVA as well.

I liked this a lot, there were some awkward parts but the positives outshine them.

I guess the most memorable thing about this for me would be Chiyu's usage of 'Cyan Pile', while watching I couldn't help but think she made better use of it than Taku.

Oh, and being Taku is fisting suffering.
Old 2013-03-08, 14:00   Link #55
Sunder the Gold

Chiyu didn't seem limited by Cyan Pile's usual Special Meter requirements, so it wouldn't be fair to say she used it better.

If Takumu could fire off so many Lightning Cyan Spikes normally, he would be doing it.
Old 2013-03-09, 09:25   Link #56
HasuMasu
*Artist

Exactly, I meant to say that Cyan Pile in Brain Burst was too limited compared to how we saw it in Accel Assault.

They're not quite the same, either, what with the Driver containing the spikes and being used to maneuver in low-gravity.

Not that we've seen any low-gravity stages in Brain Burst, though.
Closed Thread