AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-02-22, 00:03   Link #81
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

is ep 18 coming out today? o.O
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 00:13   Link #82
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
is ep 18 coming out today? o.O
read the second post in this thread.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 00:19   Link #83
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
depends on where you are. If you are 3 hour ahead of PST, then yes it is coming today.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 05:24   Link #84
ccardoso
Banned

Hi, are the rumors about season 2 and season 3 in the making true?!?
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 05:34   Link #85
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
Hi, are the rumors about season 2 and season 3 in the making true?!?
Although no official announcement has been made yet, several clues hint to a second batch of 25 episodes arriving after a two-season break (ep 26 should air somewhere around September, IIRC). And, yeah, it's pretty much certain there will be a second season coming our way.

As for the third season thingy, that's just a wild rumor or a forged hearsay. It's likely CG will only span 50 episodes + 6/7 optional recaps.
Old 2007-02-25, 07:26   Link #86
jhcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
You must then divide the Emperor's herd of heirs into two groups - the princes and the princesses - and inside each pool you distribute number tags to determine who was born first and last. As such there's the 1st prince (the eldest male child born to mister Wighead), the 2nd (Schneizel), etc, etc...
Same goes for the princesses. The Second Princess, as her title shows, was born after the First, but before the Third. And so on.

On the other hand, the succession line doesn't care whether you're male or female. You're ordered according to your birth date - and therefore, your age. The firstborn automatically inherits the throne, no matter if he's a prince or a princess. The last one most likely gets nothing...merely a number in case something catastrophic happens to all other members.

Bottom line: Lelouch is the eighth prince - the eighth and youngest male heir - but he is the Emperor's seventeenth child (if you still don't understand, it simply means that seventeenth half-brothers/half-sisters were born before him) and consequently he is the seventeenth in the succession line. At the rear end.

Which means that if ALL sixteen heirs (princes and princesses) before Lelouch die, then the throne will automatically go to him, even if he's one of the youngest Imperial Children around (Nunally being possibly the youngest of all).
Actually I think you are mistaken on the way the naming system or succession works. Well either that or there are some contradictions on the website.

Lelouch is the 8th prince and 17th in line. So you would expect there to be 16 people older than him who would succeed before him. However Euphemia is only 16 yrs old yet she is the 3rd princess. Based on that as Lelouch is 17yrs old you would expect there to only be 9 successors in front of him. 7 princes and 2 princesses yet this isnt the case. So unless I'm forgetting something it's definitely not based on age.
jhcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 12:06   Link #87
ashlay
the red string of fate

^we are sure Euphie's the third, right? and that she's 16?

guess it would be order of marriage that decides accension then. :\

Last edited by ashlay; 2007-02-25 at 12:58.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 12:53   Link #88
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I am not sure if this has been cover in the past but each has a different prefix before Britannia in their name. I am sure it may only had to do from where their mother is from or gave birth to them.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 17:52   Link #89
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Or between the time Lelouch was 17th in line and Euphie became 3rd princess, a lot of royals died?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 18:25   Link #90
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
It probably has something to do with which wife of the emperor got married first or has higher status, regardless of how old the potential heirs are. This would the screwy age order of the children of the royal family, but then again it could be something else, like the emperor's preferences or something illogical like that.
DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 12:44   Link #91
coefficient

I understand that there's a korean group subbing this. Anyone know who they are?
coefficient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 14:37   Link #92
velvet nightmare

so how come C.C. is still wearing that straight jacket of hers

is there any purpose to it?
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 14:43   Link #93
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post

Anything C.C. wears is a fashion statement. Even when its prison attire.
DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 16:21   Link #94
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:

Because
Her huge ass is too sexy in it.
Old 2007-03-06, 16:33   Link #95
ccardoso
Banned

Do you think that "structured geass" could exist? I mean a geass order is a series of simple actions stated in a complex order like "write a sign on that wall evrey day". This means:
1) check out evrey day.
2) going to the wall.
3) make the sign.

So an apparently "simple" order is quite complex in reality: could this complexity being enhanced further by making the list of the given orders longer and longer? If an order like "obey to any orders I give you" functions then the Geass is an overkill...
Old 2007-03-07, 01:55   Link #96
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It is unknown if an open ended order can be give like "obey any orders I give you." So far no such orders have been so vague. Perhaps it doesn't work or else he'd do that a lot. My personal guess is that a geass needs to be partitioned in a person's mind and an order like this is too open eneded to be partitioned.

However, returning to your first point, geasses are definitely not structured. He gives simple orders and the target figures out any necessary steps on their own. For instance, he says "Let me go with all your strength" and Orange-kun first gives an order to let Zero go and when it doesn't work, he then decides to attack anyone who tries to stop Zero. This means that every order involves the decision making ability of the victim.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 02:06   Link #97
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:

The original purpose was a binding suit for C.C., but C.C. still wears it voluntarily because she likes it. Seriously, in an official Code Geass article, C.C.'s favorite clothes turn out to be her constriction suit and Lelouch's clothes.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 02:10   Link #98
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
The original purpose was a binding suit for C.C., but C.C. still wears it voluntarily because she likes it. Seriously, in an official Code Geass article, C.C.'s favorite clothes turn out to be her constriction suit and Lelouch's clothes.
ohhhh She likes Lelouch's clothes? Is there a hint of romance here?

tho sadly, i think she's a practical person lanky bishie like Lulu probably have slimmer waistline like most women so i m not surprised if C.C likes it cause it fits her the best hah.

Last edited by Jazzrat; 2007-03-07 at 02:30.
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 04:50   Link #99
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
This means that every order involves the decision making ability of the victim.
This requirment could also mean that "open ended orders" can be given because then the decision making ability of the victim can decide what to do after receiving an order. Now that I think it better an open ended order
Spoiler for episode 19:

I hope this possibility won't be used in the series because it would make the geass cheap and lame: Lelouch can just geass all the world and become the king of evreything!!!

As an aside: I'm sure people asked what the "geass" word meant: but what about the "code" word? What is a code? To put it in simple terms it's an alphanumeric string (for our computers, but it can be anything with an unique pattern) that gives someone the access to special functions, like the "self-destruction code" for example.
A code, to function, must be built-in within some device, of course: a ship without a self-destruction code won't self-destruct, that's obvious, isn't it?
Then this clearly implies that humans have all some kind of built-in code (the geass) that allows to control them in various ways: reading-only way (Mao), writing-only way (Lelouch) and perhaps even a mixed way (a mix of Mao and Lelouch, a truly overkill geass I say).
From the fact that humans have all a built-in code someone can ask then: if the code is artificial, does it mean that the humans itself are artificial?
Considering CC not being human (unless in Geass universe people can get shot in their head and walk happily some hour after like nothing happened) my question and potential answer is quite plausible. I don't think the "code" word was put into the title just because it sounds cool paired with the "geass" one!
Old 2007-03-08, 17:25   Link #100
etothex

Lelouch hypothesized that the geass works by invading and rewiring the cerebrum. We saw in eps 4 and 10 how he uses it to tell people to ignore things. Now it's not that they don't see him; the geass activates so that their brains comply with the order by not caring that he is there or disregarding his presence. They have been brainwashed basically, so that anytime they see him, they don't notice.
That theoretically should allow for open-ended orders. The geass enforcement activation could just be something along the lines as "whenever you hear a command from me (my voice perhaps), you must obey" all you need is a condition for activation, like for wall-girl and
Spoiler:

All bets are off until we find out about Shirley though.

I don't want Lelouch to just go and geass everybody into obedient slaves, but honestly I'd been hoping for more interesting and cunning usage of the Geass to achieve things, but that sadly seems to not be the case for the 1st season at least. He uses it like what once per episode max now? They mostly consist of memory wipes, ignoring things and small tasks (take this walkie talkie here), nothing big and grandiose. I want to see him get creative.
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a