AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-13, 08:04   Link #1201
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruAoiShiho View Post
Great point.
I *did* mention that in around p. 40++ or so.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 08:51   Link #1202
Peanutbutter

I just realised this.

Papakiki MC is called Yuuta, and he's taking of the kids in the Takanashi family.

Here, the MC is called Yuuta, and he's taking care of one with surname Takanashi.

Odd coincidence.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 09:23   Link #1203
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
I just realised this.

Papakiki MC is called Yuuta, and he's taking of the kids in the Takanashi family.

Here, the MC is called Yuuta, and he's taking care of one with surname Takanashi.

Odd coincidence.
Obviously a conspiracy in the makeing! This is at the level of Chaos Head!
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 10:25   Link #1204
Rocksmash
Trapped within boundaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
You know, it just occurred to me that the western world has something similar already, albeit in comic form.

Calvin and Hobbes.

Can't believe it took me this long to draw a connection.

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Bur Rikka isn't actually bound to her delusions. For example she is aware that her "evil eye" is just a contact lens, and in lite 02 she removes the bandage from her arm because it would be a bother during swimming lessons, completely forgetting that it was supposed to seal a harbinger of darkness.

She also can drop her fantasies if she's pushed enough, for example when Yuuta in Ep01 coerce her into telling where did she hear about the "dark flame master".

She is just a chuunibyou that takes her fantasies to an extreme, but she didn't break the barrier between normality and psychosis... yet...

Okay this might sound a bit harsh to Calvin, but I don't think he ever saw Hobbes for what he actually is not even for a brief moment. Also the reasons are completely different, Calvin is a typical case of a kid with an imaginary friend, while the "chuunibyou" is a phenomenon related to adolescents with delusions of grandeur.
The former is generally a way to fight solitude, the latter is a way to escape a boring reality where everyone is just a cog in a giant machine with no individuality.

Now that I mention it, Haruhi Suzumiya could be as well be considered a chuunibyou.
Hmmmm... If there's one thing I feel is similar between Rikka and Calvin is their reactions towards certain authority figures.

Rikka vs Administration Bureau's strongest priestess (Tooka)
Stupendous Man vs Babysitter Girl (Rosalyn), Crab Teacher (Miss Wormwood)
Rocksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 10:55   Link #1205
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
2) I'm kind of with Fred Friendly on the older sister. Wow, it's not hard to see how Rikka became the person she is if she's been getting ladeled all her life.
Rikka mentioned in the first episode that she only recently moved in with her sister, so it would seem the ladeling is not the cause of her chuunibyou. What I'm wondering, though, is where did she live before she came to live with Touka and why'd she move in there the first place?
Old 2012-10-13, 11:03   Link #1206
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe her sister lived closer to the high school than her parents.
Old 2012-10-13, 11:13   Link #1207
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Perhaps the sister called herself the Highest Priestess of the Ethereal Horrizon Overseers back when she was a chuunibyou. Rikka just didn't know when to stop playing . The sister has lived in the apartment for atleast 2 years, since she has a recording of Yuuta, but she could have been ladeling her sister all her life before that point.
Old 2012-10-13, 12:15   Link #1208
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I wonder why exactly Touka recorded Yuuta's voice. It's unlikely that she planned to blackmail him from the very beginning. In the first place she had no way to know that he would later feel embarrassed about it, especially considering that she had another similar case in her family that didn't give any sign of coming to her senses.

So why did she do that? And why did she keep it for that much time (I suppose Yuuta didn't simply change from Black Flame Master to his current state of mind overnight).

Could it be that she actually enjoyed to listen to that? Well it could be also possible that she had a good laugh once in a while, but maybe she also secretely thinks that he was cool (like her younger sister).
By the way, there isn't really anyone so far in the series that said that Yuuta had to stop or that his fantasies were obnoxious and particularly embarrassing. For all we know maybe not even his current classmates would mind, and they don't seem to mind it that much in the case of Rikka either.

Quote:
Maybe her sister lived closer to the high school than her parents.
Actually... it's been said in the first episode that Yuuta chose a school particularly far from his home in order to avoid old acquaintances.
Is there any reason Rikka would choose precisely that school considering it's not only distant from her parent's house but also from her sister's?

It almost seems that she was targetting Yuuta from the very beginning...

And you know everything could make sense if Touka used to talk about Yuuta to her sister, quite understandable since they were both chuunibyou at the time. In that case maybe Touka recorded his voice so that her sister could listen to it. Which would mean that when Yuuta asked where did Rikka learned about his past she didn't tell him the whole truth. In the first place she was there to listen to him that day because she was targetting him to begin with...

Or maybe it's just a series of coincidences...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 12:43   Link #1209
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I'm pretty sure Rikka knows Yuuta for far longer than he thinks, given that she knows his Dark Flame Master alter-ego. And I think she moved there specifically to find him.
Old 2012-10-13, 12:47   Link #1210
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I'm pretty sure Rikka knows Yuuta for far longer than he thinks, given that she knows his Dark Flame Master alter-ego. And I think she moved there specifically to find him.
Didn't she say that she knew of it because she overheard him talking about it in the first episode?
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 12:52   Link #1211
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
What I'm wondering, though, is where did she live before she came to live with Touka and why'd she move in there the first place?
The usual answer is that the father and/or mother moved outside of japan on a business travel.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 12:59   Link #1212
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
The usual answer is that the father and/or mother moved outside of japan on a business travel.
You didn't know that she makes Yuno look like Nagisa Furukawa ?
Old 2012-10-13, 13:00   Link #1213
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Didn't she say that she knew of it because she overheard him talking about it in the first episode?
That's what she said, and we know it's true that she heard him that day, since she was actually there.

However as I explained above there are a lot of "coincidences" that would make you think Rikka already knew since before, and since we know that her sister was well aware of that, it's easy to imagine how Rikka came to know of Yuuta and his "hobby" even before meeting him.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 13:29   Link #1214
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Episode 4/5 titles:
Spoiler:

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 14:43   Link #1215
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

I might have missed it but I don't think it's posted yet. Appropriate cross-over concept, IMO. Source at the link.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 14:50   Link #1216
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
I might have missed it but I don't think it's posted yet. Appropriate cross-over concept, IMO. Source at the link.

Images
Yuuta... use me...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 18:24   Link #1217
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
He's making good use out of his 3D TV I see....
Old 2012-10-13, 22:33   Link #1218
sky black swordman

Quote:

Images
His looks like the one the MC from Black Rock Shooter has.
Old 2012-10-13, 23:05   Link #1219
Insane
Banned

Quote:

Images
Hmm? What's the meaning of this picture? Yuuta stabs Rikka right on the chest.....

or.....

He pulls out the sword from her chest?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 23:19   Link #1220
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

I just watched the Lite 3. It's funny when Yumeha friend said Yuuta is cool, but it's really hilarous when he dropped all the act when a police was passing by. And am I correct to assume that what Yuuta's mother talk about is Yugioh card game?

Chuunibyou confession continue: Speaking of which, I just mentioned this to my friend to the other day and he reminded me that another thing we did when we played the Yugioh card game was screaming the monster's move. Blue eye's "Brust steam" and Black Magician's "Black magic something" are probably the most popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Hmm? What's the meaning of this picture? Yuuta stabs Rikka right on the chest.....

or.....

He pulls out the sword from her chest?
The second. It's a Guilty Crown reference.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen