AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2012-10-07, 14:48   Link #221
Draugur

Oh I see, maybe I should also look for a PS2 emulator. I didn't know such a thing exists.
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 15:47   Link #222
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

PS2 emulators? They've been around for a long time. But it needs a really strong computer to properly play it.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 01:05   Link #223
Joly
モエカステル

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
Na ha ha, If I'm free , I will make the voice patches on higurashi but I'm not promising anything. XD I have the expirience since I was the voicer in Umi tweak , I voiced Episode 2 and the whole chiru, Plus I'm crazy enough .XD Past month I was playing around with Saikoroshi voices and added them to the game (Not fully, Only like 20%).
Oh and , I'm actually reading the PS2 version on a emulator along with the PC game. No lag at all .I used PC contoller for the Emulator configuration and I press the controllers button and the enter at the same time, so it looks like the PC game is voiced.I'm still not at the level to read Japanese, Haha
Matsuri for PS2 does not include Saikoroshi-hen. Do you mean that you're reading Kizuna for the NDS?
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 06:26   Link #224
battle22

Quote:
Matsuri for PS2 does not include Saikoroshi-hen. Do you mean that you're reading Kizuna for the NDS?
My friend ripped it from Kizuna , I have never played Kizuna. Matsuri also does not have Matsuribayashi ><
Old 2013-05-29, 19:55   Link #225
fuff

new higurashi cross over game:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-from-10-anime
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 14:26   Link #226
fuff

looks like a new game with NEW anime scenes!

http://pachinkopachisro.com/archives/28177920.html

towards the end its shion in ange's outfit
Old 2013-06-10, 20:55   Link #227
Joly
モエカステル

The new anime cutscenes are the only things I'm looking forward too... Yoigoshi-hen with anime scenes!!
Old 2013-06-10, 22:26   Link #228
Golden Bug-Hunter

An Anime adaptation of Yoigoshi-hen would be awesome. I really liked that one as a spinoff story.

Watching that trailer though, seems pretty intense for a game of Pachinko. Isn't that just the game where you drop little marble balls into a funnel and more balls come out as prizes? And they've got serial murder cases playing on screen while they do that, huh? Japanese gamblers are kind of scary, lol...
Golden Bug-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 03:45   Link #229
fuff

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201306270073/

looks like an phone game?? anyone know where to dl?
Old 2013-06-29, 10:17   Link #230
Seronei

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201306270073/

looks like an phone game?? anyone know where to dl?
Found it on the Android store, unfortunately it doesn't seem like you can download it from a non-japanese phone.

I'm assuming it's full of micro transactions.
Seronei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 15:50   Link #231
Draugur

I'm reading Tsumihoroboshi again at the moment and I was very impressed with the scene when the narration switches to Rena's point of view during the eating competition at Angel Mort. The change of music together with the words she uses enables you to understand suddenly that Rena is not the silly happy-go-lucky type of person that she seemed to be most of the time. I think it's one of the strongest moments in the whole novel, even if you don't grasp its significance when first reading it.
Old 2013-07-26, 10:42   Link #232
Draugur

Has an English translation ever been done for the Saikoroshi-hen sound novel?

If someone knows the Saikoroshi-hen novel: Can you tell me whether Hanyuu is invisible in the beginning of Saikoroshi-hen (before Rika is run over by the truck)? I know she's invisible in the anime.

I ask because I wonder if Saikoroshi-hen is really a sequel to Matsuribayashi-hen or to another chapter (someone wrote Saikoroshi must be a sequel to Miotsukushi because the visible Hanyuu died and she's back to her invisible form).
Old 2013-07-26, 10:50   Link #233
Joly
モエカステル

In the sound novels, Hanyuu has been shown to be able to shift between visible and invisible form in Matsuribayashi-hen.

There is an English patch for Saikoroshi-hen and the whole playthrough has been posted on YouTube if you don't want to download. Hanyuu is invisible in the beginning of Saikoroshi-hen.
Old 2013-07-26, 17:19   Link #234
Draugur

Thank you! That's good to know.
Old 2013-09-19, 08:02   Link #235
Seronei

Higurashi just got greenlit on Steam! So very soon you'll be able to buy it from there I assume.
Old 2013-09-19, 15:28   Link #236
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seronei View Post
Higurashi just got greenlit on Steam! So very soon you'll be able to buy it from there I assume.
This is very good news.

Not that the translation was very bad in my opinion, but it seems Mangagamer is considering on re-editing it for release on Steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evospace - http://forums.mangagamer.org/viewtopic.php?p=5381#p5381
Actually our current download version of Higurashi on our site doesn't use Soft-Denchi either~
We only apply it for the developers who might feel insecure without one

That said, it might take a bit longer until you actually see Higurashi on steam
because now that we can get it on there and potentially receive more attention from a greater userbase,
we are looking into if re-editing Higurashi from our outdated translation is a possibility...
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 18:49   Link #237
Seronei

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
This is very good news.

Not that the translation was very bad in my opinion, but it seems Mangagamer is considering on re-editing it for release on Steam.
That's great news, I didn't mind Kai's translation but the first 4 chapters translation was definitely lacking.
Old 2013-09-20, 15:44   Link #238
Draugur

I bought the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Sound Novel (the Japanese version, of course), and now I want to install it and install the English patch afterwards.

But the installation of the program doesn't work. Of course I can't read anything (it's not even in Japanese, there are just random letters and symbols, although my computer is prepared for Asian fonts normally).

Could someone who knows something about Japanese software please have a look and tell me what to do? I'll use spoiler tags for the rest but please have a look at it.

Spoiler for pictures:

Last edited by Draugur; 2013-09-20 at 15:56.
Old 2013-09-20, 19:11   Link #239
Seronei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draugur View Post
I bought the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Sound Novel (the Japanese version, of course), and now I want to install it and install the English patch afterwards.

But the installation of the program doesn't work. Of course I can't read anything (it's not even in Japanese, there are just random letters and symbols, although my computer is prepared for Asian fonts normally).

Could someone who knows something about Japanese software please have a look and tell me what to do? I'll use spoiler tags for the rest but please have a look at it.

Spoiler for pictures:
You have to change your PCs locale to Japanese.

Don't know where to find it on XP but on 7 it's Control Panel > Region and Language > Administrative > Change System Locale
Old 2013-09-21, 02:51   Link #240
Draugur

This worked, thank you so much!