AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-11, 21:27   Link #341
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
It's "weird" for a teenaged girl and a young adult to fall in love?
Why?
That shit happens ALL the time.
Besides, Misuzu and Yukito make a PERFECT couple.
Yukito X Misuzu is weird because Kamio is reduced to a characteture so Kunisaki might as well have romanced a love doll. The TV series, of course, is a different story.

Back on topic, I say Origin: Spirits of the Past. The story started out quite seriously but ended up losing any sense of conflict from how overpowered the MC became, and by the time a "normal" person showcases that same strength the suspension of disbelief finds the nearest exit. But I'd be lying if I said the constant of shouting of TULAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! and the sheer ridiculousness wasn't awe-inspiring in the strangest sense possible.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2011-12-12, 00:30   Link #342
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
Yukito X Misuzu is weird because Kamio is reduced to a characteture so Kunisaki might as well have romanced a love doll.
Uh wut?
............are you sure you watched the same movie?
SHE came on to HIM.
Just to refresh your memory:
Spoiler:

Caricature my ass-she totally has a personality!
As I stated before, she is more child-like in the TV series so I can understand why lolicon-dislikers would find the pairing "weird" (I personally don't) but in the movie, she acts like a regular lovey-struck teenaged girl so if anything, it should be a lot less "weird" for said people.
The only thing weird about the pairing in the movie is that's a bit rushed....but.......isn't that what happens if you try to squeeze twelve episodes into a barely two-hour long movie?

Anyway, I absolutely adore the My Dear Marie OVA but it has a horribly low rating on anime planet so I don't know if that's because people hated it or not enough people have seen it.
Of course this isn't the first time I've disagreed with ratings on that site. They gave Kanokon a "7" WHAT DA F@CK. That anime is smut-filled garbage!

Last edited by Chiibi; 2011-12-12 at 00:51.
Old 2011-12-12, 11:48   Link #343
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Its painfully ironic that people loves School Days but they beat this one to death just simply its-not-your-average-harem-show. How ironic that this one left School Days 4 years ahead(it was released in 2003). However it can be explained that School Days pretty much loved among anime fans community because it popularized(but not created) the dreaded yandere subculture while Kimi ga Nozomu Eien didn't.

Its not surprising that Kimi ga Nozomu Eien hatedom still going strong while School Days hatedom pretty much weakened.
For me, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and School Days are like Mortal Kombat and MK: Annihilation. While the former is technically better, it was just so boring due to uninteresting characters and the fact that I just didn't care about the story. The latter, while inferior, is so dumb that it becomes hilarious. I was just laughing at how much those products were getting wrong to the point that it became memorable. I never got that with the Eien or Mortal Kombat (although I do kind of like the first Mortal Kombat a little).

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-12-12, 13:27   Link #344
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I wasn't aware that Kimi ga Nozomu Eien was widely hated/disliked.

For me, it was one of the most mature romance/life drama anime shows that I've seen. That's not to say I agree with everything in it (the ending in particular felt a bit off to me), but on the whole, it told a powerful and poignant tale.

As for Air, I have to be honest here, I found the whole situation in its first third absolutely hilarious. Whether it be intentional or unintentional, I just found the absurdity of the first few episodes quite comedic. It's not just the fact that this teenage girl has a crush on an older adult guy, as that much alone would be no big deal. It's also that she takes him in off the street, with her mother's approval, and he just goes around doing random stuff from day-to-day, somehow managing to befriend numerous teenage girls as though they have nothing better to do than to hang out with a homeless vagrant adult male.

If ever there was an anime that made me go "Only in anime, dude, only in anime", it was Air. Still, for me, that was much of the anime's charm. It destroyed my suspension of disbelief to such an extent it was genuinely funny.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-12-12 at 13:40.
Old 2011-12-12, 15:37   Link #345
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's also that she takes him in off the street, with her mother's approval, and he just goes around doing random stuff from day-to-day, somehow managing to befriend numerous teenage girls as though they have nothing better to do than to hang out with a homeless vagrant adult male.
XD I loved that as well. Yukito might as well have been a PUPPY to Misuzu at first!
"Can we keep him, Mom?"

It was almost as funny as
Spoiler for Kodomo No Omocha:
Old 2011-12-12, 17:05   Link #346
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

As for Air, I have to be honest here, I found the whole situation in its first third absolutely hilarious. Whether it be intentional or unintentional, I just found the absurdity of the first few episodes quite comedic. It's not just the fact that this teenage girl has a crush on an older adult guy, as that much alone would be no big deal. It's also that she takes him in off the street, with her mother's approval, and he just goes around doing random stuff from day-to-day, somehow managing to befriend numerous teenage girls as though they have nothing better to do than to hang out with a homeless vagrant adult male.

If ever there was an anime that made me go "Only in anime, dude, only in anime", it was Air. Still, for me, that was much of the anime's charm. It destroyed my suspension of disbelief to such an extent it was genuinely funny.
I really liked that concept as well. I keep on wondering, why it isn't used more. It'll give us a break from the teenage stuff at least (the teenage stuff is okay, but it grows stale after a while).

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-12-18, 13:43   Link #347
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I wish I could post in this thread, but there's nothing I like that's widely hated by people. A better thread for someone like me would be "anime you hate but everyone else loves". XD

But if I HAD to pick something, I guess it would be Lucky Star. I don't LOVE it, but I definitely don't hate it. It had its moments when it made me chuckle or noted something in a way that I thought was clever. But I was very surprised to learn after it stopped airing that it was hated by an extremely large amount of people. I was like, "Do people hate slice-of-life shows with cutesy girls THAT much? Why?" (Then again, I guess I shouldn't talk, as I am one of what seems like extremely few anime lovers on the planet that has a deep, burning hatred for K-On.)

Another show would probably be BASToF Syndrome/BASToF Lemon, but I wasn't sure if it would count because it's Korean. ANN has an official listing for it, so I guess it sort of does... Anyway, a LOT of my friends hated it. Their reasons were ugly char designs, boring/confusing plot, bad voice acting if you watched the English dub, etc etc etc. I don't know what most viewers in general felt about the show, but I got the impression that it was bad. But I liked it anyway. I was entertained by it at the time, lol.

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2011-12-18 at 13:57.
Old 2011-12-18, 17:02   Link #348
Raiga
tl;dr

Not universally hated perhaps, but whenever anyone mentions Sora no Woto 80% of the time it's to complain about the character designs or accuse it of imitating K-On!.

It's one of my personal top favorite anime ever. I thought it was clear that a lot of care and attention to detail went into the production, and the setting, characters, atmosphere, plot, and music all worked together perfectly. It was more or less Totally My Kind of Anime.
Old 2011-12-18, 19:26   Link #349
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I wish I could post in this thread, but there's nothing I like that's widely hated by people. A better thread for someone like me would be "anime you hate but everyone else loves". XD
There's already a thread like that.

Quote:
But if I HAD to pick something, I guess it would be Lucky Star. I don't LOVE it, but I definitely don't hate it. It had its moments when it made me chuckle or noted something in a way that I thought was clever. But I was very surprised to learn after it stopped airing that it was hated by an extremely large amount of people. I was like, "Do people hate slice-of-life shows with cutesy girls THAT much? Why?" (Then again, I guess I shouldn't talk, as I am one of what seems like extremely few anime lovers on the planet that has a deep, burning hatred for K-On.)
I am very certain that Lucky Star's fanbase is much bigger than its hatebase.
Old 2011-12-18, 19:55   Link #350
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It did divide the KyoAni fanbase post Haruhi (actually more like ir divided the Haruhi fanbase)...but then, just about all of KyoAni's shows since Haruhi have divided the fanbase, with Clannad: After Story being probably the exception. (well and maybe Kanon, but it has an existing fanbase from the 2002 show).

K-On's done the weirdest things to the Haruhi fanbase, much more so than Lucky Star.
Old 2011-12-18, 21:08   Link #351
Akemi Homura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Not universally hated perhaps, but whenever anyone mentions Sora no Woto 80% of the time it's to complain about the character designs or accuse it of imitating K-On!.

It's one of my personal top favorite anime ever. I thought it was clear that a lot of care and attention to detail went into the production, and the setting, characters, atmosphere, plot, and music all worked together perfectly. It was more or less Totally My Kind of Anime.
I disliked Sora no Woto, but not because of the K-ON!-like character designs. My issue was more that none of the characters appealed to me at all, and I found the show rather boring.

Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
Old 2011-12-18, 21:37   Link #352
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
There's already a thread like that.
Eh, I'm not one to go searching for old threads to revive.
Old 2011-12-18, 21:56   Link #353
Transitions
by John Digweed House Mix

Send a message via MSN to Transitions
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
Strike witches 1 and 2..

i love mio x minna btw. LOL
i don't understand this anime i don't hate, but if it is to pervert me, i guess better find another anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
For me, a big one is Lucky Star. A lot of people I know don't like it because it is so moe.
what do you mean? moe, like K-On? i saw Lucky star 2 times and does convence me at all.

back of topic, Mitsudomoe its very funny, i don't see that talking about this anime.
Old 2011-12-19, 23:22   Link #354
Snuggle Fox
Foxeh!

The Sacred Blacksmith.

People hate on it... But I found it to be very sincere.
Old 2012-04-06, 12:30   Link #355
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I have another one : Senki Zesshou Symphogear

This anime is so much hated, especially on the MyAnimeList site, but for me, this is a good anime with awesome music, well-handled fights, diverse cast and many other elements. But the only flaws that I noticed in the anime is the amateurish (epic fail) animation, lack of development besides some flashbacks and some "info dumps" and the song for each heroine stays the same in every single episode. Fortunately, I saw a bunch of people who like this and have pretty much the same opinion as me.

And also : Sengoku Collection

This one is underrated, but I absolutely loved everything this anime made.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-06, 12:39   Link #356
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Hanasakeru Seishounen. A number of people that I know dismissed this anime on the basis that it's a reverse harem and the guys are bishounens. But it's a lot more deeper than that. What I particularly like is the character development for each character. It is flashed out so carefully, that you can't help but feel proud of them after such a long journey. Plus, the politics, drama and romance are so well-integrated that it doesn't seem to focus heavily on just one theme. The ending is also one of the most satisfying endings I have encountered , if not the best.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
Old 2012-04-06, 13:13   Link #357
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Hanasakeru Seishounen. it's a reverse harem and the guys are bishounens.
Oooh? Count me in.
Old 2012-04-06, 14:44   Link #358
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Oooh? Count me in.
Haha, it's 39 episodes long, so if you are serious about picking this up, it will be a feast for your eyes

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
Old 2012-04-06, 21:28   Link #359
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

As of late it is Senki Zesshou Symphogear
Old 2012-04-10, 08:00   Link #360
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Anyone liked Chaos;Head in this thread ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Closed Thread