AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2019-02-26, 11:09   Link #61
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
To know that Tsukasa Hojo actually was consulted for the french live-action movie actually put it in my to watch list. Cant hurt to see. My movie list for late February - March will be Nicky Larson/City Hunter, Gunnm and John Wick 3.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-04, 19:32   Link #62
LG-MAX 2.o

City Hunter movie has a box office accumulated at 1.201.016.700 yen.

Remake when?

source: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...office/.144175

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2019-03-05 at 14:53.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-04, 19:41   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Rather than a remake, a continuation of the series adapting the stories left from the manga would be more realistic. Those numbers show plenty of people would welcome it.
Old 2019-03-04, 22:30   Link #64
Frontier

How's about we get a Cat's Eye movie next ?
Old 2019-03-11, 22:21   Link #65
LG-MAX 2.o

Just bringing the update at the box office. The film already totals 1.328.388.620 yen, as I said earlier, the expectation is that the film ends the arrecation with over than 1.5 billion, which would be a value around what the last film of Fate collected.

Source: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...office/.144432

Also out these last two videos.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1105304657423790081

This shows the Japanese audience watching the movie in the theater and going crazy, there are also new scenes that did not appear in the previous trailers ..

And these are just new action scenes.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1104517218900021248

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2019-03-11 at 23:36.
Old 2019-03-20, 04:04   Link #66
LG-MAX 2.o

City Hunter Creator Tsukasa Hojo Makes His 1st Live-Action Film as Chief Director
: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...rector/.144750
Old 2019-04-15, 12:53   Link #67
LG-MAX 2.o

City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eyes Anime Film Earns 1.5 Billion Yen: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...on-yen/.145750

Quote:
The official website for City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eyes, the new anime film adaptation of Tsukasa Hojo's City Hunter manga, revealed on Monday that the film has sold 1,058,102 tickets to earn 1,502,665,440 yen (about US$13.4 million) as of Sunday.
I think it's only a matter of time before another project is announced, these numbers are equivalent to the last Fate movie that was considered a great success.

And I hope that the DVD / BD is announced soon or at least get out in some streaming (Hidive or Amazon) soon.
Old 2019-04-15, 18:38   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, really hope the BD will come out soon. I can't wait to see this movie, and am happy it's performing well.
Old 2019-05-30, 11:41   Link #69
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Watched it.

Fun ride overall, main draw being the aesthetics. Nee-san character lovers will enjoy the Cat's Eye girls' scenes too. The battle in the park is literally straight out of Metal Slug though, especially with how much Umibozu looks like Allen O'Neil
Old 2019-05-30, 11:45   Link #70
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Watched it.

Fun ride overall, main draw being the aesthetics. Nee-san character lovers will enjoy the Cat's Eye girls' scenes too. The battle in the park is literally straight out of Metal Slug though, especially with how much Umibozu looks like Allen O'Neil
Did you watch in japanese theater?
Old 2019-05-30, 11:49   Link #71
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Did you watch in japanese theater?
Nah, it is airing this month in the cinemas in my home country
Old 2019-08-07, 19:36   Link #72
LG-MAX 2.o

BD has already date release in Japan, will be on October 30: https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%80%90Am...P1C26K0CEJ259M
Old 2019-10-31, 14:22   Link #73
LG-MAX 2.o

BD has already left in Japan.
Old 2019-11-04, 12:03   Link #74
LG-MAX 2.o

The movie's Blu-ray + DVD apparently sold more than 41.000 copies: http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/161958
Old 2019-11-04, 12:18   Link #75
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That's good. Really hope it will be subbed soon.
Old 2019-11-04, 17:13   Link #76
LG-MAX 2.o

Spoiler for credits:
Old 2019-11-11, 17:32   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That movie was classic City Hunter, with plenty of comedy and action. And hammers. I laughed hard when they revealed Kaori was already known as the hammer girl in elementary school (only difference is that she was beating up bullies, not perverts)

The switch to modern days worked surprisingly well, the only thing jarring was the digital message board, but they did something pretty witty with it (watch until the very end of the credits!).

They brought back the most famous characters: Saeko, Umibozu, and Miki. I was also pleasantly surprised the Professor and Kazue made it in, since if I recall they had a smaller role in the anime than in the manga. Too bad Kasumi wasn't there, she could have joined the Cat's Eyes. There were other characters I would have liked to see, but a movie can only have so much fanservice. Speaking of Cat's Eyes, making them the real owners of Umibozu's cafe is so logical I'm not sure why it was never done until now.

My only complaint would be that the villain was pretty weak (the best thing about him was his voice actor), and his obsession with Kaori felt forced on top of not adding much.

The rendition of Shinjuku was also really good, plenty of places were extremely familiar to me thanks to... the Yakuza series
Old 2019-11-11, 22:55   Link #78
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I'm kind of disappointed. There's something about the art, like it's not consistent or not looking that great. Also, why don't they have a good man who can take Kaori away long enough for Ryo to lose his cool? I want to see Ryo finally gets jealous or somethin'.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-12, 17:23   Link #79
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
I'm kind of disappointed. There's something about the art, like it's not consistent or not looking that great. Also, why don't they have a good man who can take Kaori away long enough for Ryo to lose his cool? I want to see Ryo finally gets jealous or somethin'.
I thought the art was great and rather faithful to Hojo's current artstyle, although of course it's nowhere near as detailed.

As for Ryo losing his cool over Kaori, I don't think they can top what happened with Mick anyway. And it's a big part of Ryo's character to hide his true feelings. He was very in character in the movie, him not complimenting Kaori when she wore the wedding dress was pretty typical for example.
On the other hand, Umibozu was a bit too much of a buttmonkey, but it's not like he's never played that role.
Old 2019-11-12, 21:04   Link #80
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought the art was great and rather faithful to Hojo's current artstyle, although of course it's nowhere near as detailed.

As for Ryo losing his cool over Kaori, I don't think they can top what happened with Mick anyway. And it's a big part of Ryo's character to hide his true feelings. He was very in character in the movie, him not complimenting Kaori when she wore the wedding dress was pretty typical for example.
On the other hand, Umibozu was a bit too much of a buttmonkey, but it's not like he's never played that role.
The art looks not too detailed and a bit rough. Maybe I had some expectations. After all, City Hunter is one of my all time favorites.

You know I watched and collected all episodes, movies, OAVS including raw manga set (back when it wasn't even translated) just to see the moment when Ryo got jealous. I no longer remember if I found it.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote