AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-04-27, 21:06   Link #24641
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
[EDIT] surprisingly I have six positive reviews already! I was really expecting flames and insults by now FF.N likes different pairings, who woulda thunk it?
Hmmm... I'm working in a proyect in wich I break the NanoFate and pair Nanoha with a male character... in an illustrated proyect. Should I get worried?
Old 2010-04-27, 21:07   Link #24642
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Yes because project is spelled with a J

Kaiser I feel so lost in this thread now adays .
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 21:09   Link #24643
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Hmmm... I'm working in a proyect in wich I break the NanoFate and pair Nanoha with a male character... in an illustrated proyect. Should I get worried?
Obviously, you are a terrible homophobic troll who is destroying a beautiful and pure relationship and dooming Nanoha to a loveless relationship with a stupid, useless male that will probably rape her. Die in a fire, burn that crap, etc etc. [/sarcasm]

Seriously though, the hammer shatters glass but forges steel.
Old 2010-04-27, 21:19   Link #24644
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
The rage-o-meter will go up to 10. 11 if the male is an OC.
Old 2010-04-27, 21:27   Link #24645
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

20 if it's a self insert.
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 21:28   Link #24646
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
are they full of individualists, or more team-workers? Do they have their own code, or is it purely a spy world, where anything goes? Are there some who adhere to personal/collective moral codes, and those who don't?
On the teamwork aspect, it all depends on what kind of missions they take. On some missions they need a partner, or they work in a full team; on other missions they work solo. As for code and morality, again, it depends on the individual. Lutecia and Victor, for example, are very true to their own moral code. They believe in what they think is right and wrong, even if other people don't believe them. Victor just tends to be more carefree about it.

Really, the only requirement of a Shadow is that they don't spill on their jobs and that they don't begin to enjoy killing or become desenitized to it completely. This is generally when they become "rogues" and have to be killed by the other Shadows (the second bit, not the first).

Quote:
RB, you've made such a fascinating organization!
Actually, I just created the name and concept. Dezo was the one who created the whole organization.
Old 2010-04-27, 21:30   Link #24647
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Obviously, you are a terrible homophobic troll who is destroying a beautiful and pure relationship and dooming Nanoha to a loveless relationship with a stupid, useless male that will probably rape her. Die in a fire, burn that crap, etc etc. [/sarcasm]

Seriously though, the hammer shatters glass but forges steel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
The rage-o-meter will go up to 10. 11 if the male is an OC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperk View Post
20 if it's a self insert.
Hmmm... okay, I think I'm about to be called "Heretic" and damned to burn for all the eternity in the circle of Hell for those who don't respect the sacred NanoFate pairing.
Old 2010-04-27, 21:31   Link #24648
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
On the teamwork aspect, it all depends on what kind of missions they take. On some missions they need a partner, or they work in a full team; on other missions they work solo. As for code and morality, again, it depends on the individual. Lutecia and Victor, for example, are very true to their own moral code. They believe in what they think is right and wrong, even if other people don't believe them. Victor just tends to be more carefree about it.

Really, the only requirement of a Shadow is that they don't spill on their jobs and that they don't begin to enjoy killing or become desenitized to it completely. This is generally when they become "rogues" and have to be killed by the other Shadows (the second bit, not the first).
I'm glad it's not the first bit, it'd be problematic if members of an organization offed each other when they did their jobs right.

Quote:
Actually, I just created the name and concept. Dezo was the one who created the whole organization.
RB You've made a fascinating... name. Hmm... ah here it is. RB you're a really good muse.
Old 2010-04-27, 21:33   Link #24649
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Hmmm... okay, I think I'm about to be called "Heretic" and damned to burn for all the eternity in the circle of Hell for those who don't respect the sacred NanoFate pairing.
Welcome to the party. The chips are crumbs and we're out of dip. It really is hell.
Old 2010-04-27, 21:33   Link #24650
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
I'm glad it's not the first bit, it'd be problematic if members of an organization offed each other when they did their jobs right.
Chrono: I wonder why our numbers have been dropping so drastically lately?

Quote:
RB you're a really good muse.
I inspire other people?
Old 2010-04-27, 21:35   Link #24651
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Chrono: I wonder why our numbers have been dropping so drastically lately?
Chrono: ... must not be enough recruitment posters.

Quote:
I inspire other people?
Well you thought of a name and concept that spurred Dezo expand and create upon it apparently.
Old 2010-04-27, 21:39   Link #24652
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Welcome to the party. The chips are crumbs and we're out of dip. It really is hell.
Well, at least I have a deck of playing cards! Who's in?

Quote:
I inspire other people?
If it wasn't for you I'd have never touched the ViCia pairing, ya know.

... And I don't mean just because you invented the pairing
Old 2010-04-27, 22:12   Link #24653
Jokulhaup
Like a flood, but worse.

Send a message via AIM to Jokulhaup Send a message via MSN to Jokulhaup
Quote:
Well, at least I have a deck of playing cards! Who's in?
But in Hell, all decks of playing cards are missing 3 random royals and at least 7 numbers.

MSLN StrikerS: More than you expected.

My writing can be found here.

Last edited by Jokulhaup; 2010-04-27 at 22:51.
Jokulhaup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 23:34   Link #24654
Nijiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokulhaup View Post
But in Hell, all decks of playing cards are missing 3 random royals and at least 7 numbers.
*joins the group* So, you get more decks together and make a single full deck from them. I have two decks I can toss in for this.
Old 2010-04-28, 00:39   Link #24655
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Oh, I didn't get that Yuuno wasn't even mentioned at all, which lined up with another thing the fandom does a lot: ignore Yuuno's existance entirely.

Well, if you had Nanoha get together with Yuuno instead, I would have been pleasently shocked and would have loved you more for it, but I was content with getting Teana/Vice............ which you promptly broke up in the end...
Well, I didn't mention either Fate or Yuuno in the first story , since the focus was on Nanoha and the fact that she had unresolved issues. I tried to focus on individuals in that series, rather than pairings.

Quote:
Yeah, I understand that and I don't hold it against anyone. I know the fandom as a whole likes yuri and NanoFate in particular, so they're going to want to write and read more about it. I'm part of the minority (quite possibly the only one) who doesn't like yuri, so I have no right to complain or demand people write things to suit my preferences. But again, variety is nice.
I don't think anyone should complain or demand people to write things to suit their preferences, not just you . That has nothing to do with what genre/pairing people like, but just general courtesy, I believe ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokulhaup View Post
Temporarily coming out of my lurkerdom to introduce myself.
Hi, I go by Jokulhaup, shorten that as you will, on most sites. I play WoW semi-casually. I've only been recently introduced to the Nanoha-verse, but I've enjoyed it so far. Same with Nanoha Fanfiction. I read more than write stories; my attention span is too short to write anything, I think.

On the topic of Vivio's future, I'm leaning more towards Combat Archaeologist a la Indiana Jones. On the topic of pairings, I prefer Nanofate, but I'm not particularly rabid or overwhelmingly gung ho about it.

Hmm... nothing else comes to mind at the moment, so I'm gonna stop here.
Welcome!

Yeah, Vivio would be cool a la Sydney Fox, Relic Hunter! Kicking ass and finding artifacts at the same time! It could be an awesome way to mix and match her combat skills and her intellectual side ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Have a sensless short featuring only Vita!

Spoiler for AICARUMBA:
Aw, Hayate's still in her sick time, eh? I liked it a lot, it's something that occurred to me once, "Why doesn't anyone think it's weird that a 9-year-old is living by herself?", and it's great to see someone write something about it .

The immigration issue made me laugh, seems Hayate didn't come up with a good enough lie! Vita trying to look cute? Hilarious image...

Quote:

Hm, interesting....to put a bunch of individualists onto a team together? The team leader must be pretty good, to keep them all from doing their own things and accidentally conflicting with each other!

Quote:
Ah, sorry Dezo....credit where it's due then ^^. But I agree with the other comments, your ViCia fanon work is very inspiring .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 00:47   Link #24656
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Hm, interesting....to put a bunch of individualists onto a team together? The team leader must be pretty good, to keep them all from doing their own things and accidentally conflicting with each other!
To build a team or have two Shadows paired off together as partners requires that the one in charge of who works with who knows the personalities of the Shadows he or she has to work with, so no such conflicts arise. For example, despite their obvious personality differences, Victor and Lutecia work together extremely well together because at their core, they have similar patterns and beliefs; hence, they don't clash with each other on team or partner missions.

Granted, it isn't always so easy. Usually if worse comes to worse, they just have to suck it up and make the best of it.
Old 2010-04-28, 01:40   Link #24657
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Well, I didn't mention either Fate or Yuuno in the first story , since the focus was on Nanoha and the fact that she had unresolved issues. I tried to focus on individuals in that series, rather than pairings.
Come to think of it, that's true =/ Well, when I first read it I thought "Oh, so her feelings for Fate are unresolved." Though there was a tiny, hopeful voice that said "She paired Teana with Vice, so maybe she'll put Nanoha with Yuuno!" But of course that didn't happen When I read the second fic I just shruged and went "Figures."

Quote:
I don't think anyone should complain or demand people to write things to suit their preferences, not just you . That has nothing to do with what genre/pairing people like, but just general courtesy, I believe ^^.
I wish more people would believe that I can't remember how many times people have demanded I write yuri because that's what the readers want and it's the author's duty to give the readers what they want because without readers, writers are nothing. I should write yuri for 'the good of the community' and not doing so hurts people's feelings and if even one person is hurt by my actions, I should stop.

Of course the funny thing is that even though they say that, none of my yuri fics are get much attention. Clearly they aren't familiar with how operant conditioning works =/

Anyways, beyond complaining and demanding, I know I can't ask either. Certainly I'm not about to request something someone doesn't want to write, because it can be a real struggle to write a pairing you don't like.

Still, part of me likes to hope that maybe some day I'll see a burst of new Yuunoha stuff, or that maybe I've inspired some one to write a Fate/Yuuno piece. Then there's the other part of me that thinks I'm stupid for hoping because it never happens. And people wonder why I'm a pessimist.

Well, that's why I take matters into my own hands. Since no one else will write Yuuno fics, I do it myself. Even if I'm all alone, even if everyone hates me for it, and even if I go unrewarded, I'll press on. That's about all I can do, really...

It's just sometimes I want to read some het/pairingless fics and I'm too lazy to write my own so I'm SOL.

I'm sure going on like this has started to annoy people again, so I'll stop here. It's bed time anyways.

EDIT: quickly threw up the short about Nanoha's chest before heading off.
Old 2010-04-28, 07:36   Link #24658
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
*shrug* So? Hell is a nice place.

That said, don't let what a few loud people yell at you stop you from working on it. You can always come here for more constructive criticism. That, and I have learned that there are a lot more people who like non-NanoFate pairings. They're just scared to say so because they'll get mauled by the rabid fans.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 08:53   Link #24659
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
The newest chapter of Infinity is up. Here's the link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5144486/21/Infinity

And we have... more exposition! Because I know that's why you really read this story. The natter! Sorry, I swear this is the last of it for awhile. Next chapter brings back the violence you all know and love

It does feature, however, the most pointless Megane Alpine cameo in perhaps all of history. That counts for something, right?
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 10:18   Link #24660
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Of course the funny thing is that even though they say that, none of my yuri fics are get much attention. Clearly they aren't familiar with how operant conditioning works =/
Well, the problem is that you already have a reputation in the fandom for writing a lot about Yuuno and a lot of het pairings. And to that, sometimes even when you write yuri, you tend to sneak in a couple het pairings either in the background. Which I'm not saying is wrong, but for the rabid fans who know your style, it could be a turn-off.

EDIT: Pageclaim for comments!

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha