AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-08-02, 00:25   Link #221
Haladflire65
*Artist

^ I think people are speculating that it's a prison break scene, since Bane apparently did that in the comics? That would explain the chaos...
Old 2011-08-02, 00:40   Link #222
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Oh right of course silly me. I completely forgot that regular thugs being led by psychotic criminals would also worry about hitting each other with bullets as well as civilians.

Quote:
The cops? How did you ever miss some of the hobos slinging AK-47s, and also not using them apparently?
It's a sad day when you got cops that work in one of the most violent cities cannot hold their own against hobos....those cops seriously need to lose some weight and lay off the donut and coffee
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 01:10   Link #223
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That's Gotham for you.
Old 2011-08-02, 20:29   Link #224
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Yes.

And a huge bat dong in the center.

No but really. I would love something like this:
Spoiler:

Screw all that robotic nonsense, give me that.

The problem is that most of the Comic book art for Bat-Man costumes look like he is just wearing spandex and not even some Body armor bellow the costume, and to make it look good in a movie and have it make sense, alterations are made to the original art.

Bat-Man is one of the few superheroes that doesn't have superpower, and to make it believable that he can get out unharmed against armed tugs you have to put him under a good body protection. Is the same with spider man web shooters, in comic book he has it under his costume and in term of drawing it looks as if he doesn't have anything underneath it, So, for the movie, changes need to be made in order for the shooters to be there without making big alterations to the costume.
Old 2011-08-05, 11:48   Link #225
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Here's the picture for Catwoman.

Spoiler:

Seems similar to the modern catwoman so no complaints there given Nolan's preference.
Old 2011-08-05, 12:00   Link #226
Xagzan

I hear the file's name on the official site was like selina_kyle.jpg, so hopefully that's a shot of her as Selina, and not the full Catwoman suit since, you know...doesn't have anything resembling a cat about it.

Still, Anne Hatheway is hot, so yeah.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 12:03   Link #227
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Well with Nolan's way he's not that big on the costumes or the names even.

Heck all Scarecrow had was a mask which he wore time to time, Joker had just some face paint, Two face was just two face without the two different suits if I recall and Bane in this case just wears a mask.

If he had a choice Batman probably wouldn't even be wearing a batsuit. Actually... he almost did in the Dark Knight when Bale went snooping around without his suit but kept the bat voice.
Old 2011-08-05, 12:19   Link #228
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Here's the picture for Catwoman.

Spoiler:

Seems similar to the modern catwoman so no complaints there given Nolan's preference.
I can't stop laughing. You'd think things couldn't get worse and worse as more info and pictures come out, but they do. She looks just like Black Widow or w/e her name was from 'Iron Man 2'-- not to mention that HIDEOUS bike. Why are the vehicles so damn ugly in Nolan's universe? Things are looking pretty bleak for this installment of 'The Dark Knight', that's for sure.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 12:42   Link #229
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Oh please just stop it. I'm this close to putting you onto ignore with your superior over everyone's and that I'm right attitude.

Spoiler:

This is the modern comic version of Catwoman so aside from the goggles and head gear and going by what the previous guy said that may not be the full costume.

Regardless Nolan's kept it pretty close to the modern version. Even Arkham City the game has the same costume as well.
Old 2011-08-05, 13:03   Link #230
GDB

Yeah, I'd say the only problem is her long hair. I don't think Catwoman's had long hair since that silly purple outfit.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 13:27   Link #231
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Oh please just stop it. I'm this close to putting you onto ignore with your superior over everyone's and that I'm right attitude.

Spoiler:

This is the modern comic version of Catwoman so aside from the goggles and head gear and going by what the previous guy said that may not be the full costume.

Regardless Nolan's kept it pretty close to the modern version. Even Arkham City the game has the same costume as well.
I have no idea who you are. I don't care if you put me on ignore. Hell, you'd probably be doing me a favor.

God knows I need less and less blind fanboys to deal with.

Her outfit is really awful and so is that half-assed design bike she's driving. In fact, that photo alone in itself might be worse than Bane's and Batman's get ups. It's the personification of mediocrity and sums up Nolan's entire film career in one shot. So simple, so "realism" (LOL), and so mundane and boring. The guy is completely devoid of vision. You'd think Ray Charles were the one trying to put this film together.
Old 2011-08-05, 13:38   Link #232
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
I have no idea who you are. I don't care if you put me on ignore. Hell, you'd probably be doing me a favor.

God knows I need less and less blind fanboys to deal with.

Her outfit is really awful and so is that half-assed design bike she's driving. In fact, that photo alone in itself might be worse than Bane's and Batman's get ups. It's the personification of mediocrity and sums up Nolan's entire film career in one shot. So simple, so "realism" (LOL), and so mundane and boring. The guy is completely devoid of vision. You'd think Ray Charles were the one trying to put this film together.

But you still look at it, would you?

By the way, most of the outfits that Nolan used was combination of what off the comics and novel themselves. I think that this is good outfit for Catwoman, unlike that verison in that movie that suck badly.
Old 2011-08-05, 13:42   Link #233
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
But you still look at it, would you?

By the way, most of the outfits that Nolan used was combination of what off the comics and novel themselves. I think that this is good outfit for Catwoman, unlike that verison in that movie that suck badly.
Look at what? What Nolan is doing? Of course, 'cause I'm a fan of the Batman universe, but I'm also not some biased fanboy who's going to drop to his knees and praise some mediocre director whose success has been blown out of proportion. Nolan's take on Batman is one of the worst to date and the only reason that I still glimpse at info-- as evident in this thread-- is because I like Batman. It's material that I've loved for years and will continue to love as the years go on. It's no different than those Bay detractors who love the Transformers cartoons and all that stuff, yet rightfully criticize Bay for managing to fuck up such a simple concept.

I don't care if this is supposed to be "modern Batman"-- the designs are still terrible. Disgustingly terrible.
Old 2011-08-05, 13:52   Link #234
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, I'd say the only problem is her long hair. I don't think Catwoman's had long hair since that silly purple outfit.
I can't really tell what the outfit looks like (what with her sitting down and leaning over), so I have no real opinion on the suit, but I do dislike the long hair. Many older version of Selena Kyle have longer hair, but I prefer the more recent short hair designs.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 13:58   Link #235
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Spoiler for More pics of HIDEOUS Catwoman design.:

Worst. Suit. Ever.

Worst. Vehicle. Ever.

Seriously, that is beyond hideous. There's no way that anyone looking at this film objectively could think those photos look remotely encouraging. Honestly, out of all the criticisms I've had in this thread, Catwoman and her vehicle take the cake for the worst designs so far.
Old 2011-08-05, 14:09   Link #236
james0246

Still can't really make out the suit (and I still don't like the long hair), but the Catmobile is pretty cool. Though, isn't it just a copy of Batman's motorcycle from the 2nd film? Whatever, it's slightly organic and just a little chic.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 14:12   Link #237
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Looks like a metal Puma logo.
Old 2011-08-05, 14:29   Link #238
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Does anybody know how Catwoman and Bane can get their hands on Batman's vehicles? I'm not that up-to-date yet.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 14:29   Link #239
Xagzan

@ Tetra

I enjoyed the first two films as much as I usually enjoy movies. I didn't really care about flaws Nolan had in camera angles, shot sequences, costume attractiveness, or whatever they tell you to scrutinize in film school. But at the same time, I am not a biased Nolan fan. Heck his Batman films are the only works of his I've seen, and I sure don't think he's the world's greatest director (Peter Jackson on the other hand <3). BB and TDK were fun. Nothing more, nothing less. Certainly not the hideous, unwatchable monstrosities you make them out to be.

Edit: Ah, see his comment was deleted.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 14:31   Link #240
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Spoiler for More pics of HIDEOUS Catwoman design.:

Worst. Suit. Ever.

Worst. Vehicle. Ever.

Seriously, that is beyond hideous. There's no way that anyone looking at this film objectively could think those photos look remotely encouraging. Honestly, out of all the criticisms I've had in this thread, Catwoman and her vehicle take the cake for the worst designs so far.
Idk. I really don't know what to make of this. If that's how the suit will eventually look like, then all I can say is that it fails because it doesn't even remotely look like a cat. However, the cowl doesn't make the monk, so it could all be down to her movements and behaviour. Also, considering the movies are supposed to have a more realistic touch compared to the comics, it makes more sense for Hathaway to have a costume that looks more apt for its setting compared to what Michelle Pfeiffer wore in the original film with Keaton. That being said, I personally don't have any beef with Hathaway's suit.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote