AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-13, 12:51   Link #301
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Regarding the wet shirt, I don't find seeing the nipples that hot, I find it that the shirt basically sticks so much to her body that it's the same to seeing her almost naked.

Add that her shirt is not even buttoned up properly, shes basically naked people.

Cheers

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 13:00   Link #302
Darthtabby

Did anyone else find that Yukina vaguely reminded them of Sousuke Sagara in this episode?
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 13:01   Link #303
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I'm just reminded of Rinoa from FFVIII.

Childish, lovestruck, mage, short black hair. And I'm not even sure if Rinoa had ambar eyes but I love it.

Cheers

Old 2013-10-13, 13:04   Link #304
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It isn't like you need to "actively" see naked skin and all, unless you really claim that wet shirt girls have absolutely 0 erotic appeal, an assertion I would really doubt hard time (especially she doesn't have a bra).
It's not about what's more erotically appealing. It's about what people feel more self-conscious about. The idea of "Don't be seen in public in your underwear" is something that's culturally ingrained into most of us from childhood. With wet outer clothing, it's more about getting dry as soon as possible (so you don't catch a cold or something like that), with the possibility of erotic/embarrassing exposure typically being a secondary concern here.

Quote:
I mean really, having the curve exposed like that is the "big" deal, while it isn't like Yukina had a tong or anything during the skirt flipping scene, yet she got worked up hard time with her panties (comparison with a swimsuit and a wet shirt isn't exactly a good one by the way).
She got worked up with the two thugs largely because they were acting like gang rapists towards her (the fact her underwear was exposed to them just added to her getting worked up there). And she didn't get that worked up with Kojo. Many people here on this thread commented positively about how, unlike a lot of female anime characters in this sort of situation, she didn't start pummeling him out of embarrassment.

Quote:
Suffice to say, the problem was that she was about to go outside like that, so it isn't like only Akatsuki was about to see her in that attire. And unlike a skirt flipping incident, it isn't like her shirt will dry within few seconds, so depending where she goes, well...
Given the obvious rush she was in, I think this probably just didn't cross her mind.
Old 2013-10-13, 13:12   Link #305
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That's not putting it accurately. Her nipples are not exposed. They're still under the shirt. Wet shirt or not, he still has to actively stare at that shirt to make out her nipples. Heck, even we viewers can't make out her nipples through the wet shirt.
The studio is not ARMS, therefore they would put aside physics in favor of decency

Quote:
Most people are self-conscious about being seen in public in their underwear. Being caught in wet clothing doesn't necessarily register in that same self-conscious way for everybody.

I don't see anything inconsistent or strange here at all.
Let me check if I understand you correctly... hypothetically speaking, it's OK for your daughter to walk around casual with a wet white shirt and no bra*, but not with a mini-skirt

* there wasn't one drawn in the frame, and from the exposed skin, it should have been visible

Quote:
How do we now private companies are running this, and not simply the local municipal government?

Besides, it's late at night. It may have been the last run for that monorail.

When I last lived in a metropolitan area, you'd sometimes have buses with just a person or two on them during the last few runs of the night. It's not unthinkable that nobody was riding in that monorail when Yukina jumped on top of it.
Let me put it this way, 6+ months in Tokyo, I have never been in an empty urban or suburban train, be it 5 in the morning or past midnight... don't underestimate how late salarymen and OL stay out drinking
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 13:19   Link #306
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think it's a bit hopeles to consider what would be considered embarrassing when the series already established that Yukina has a strange kind of common sense going on there. Maybe the moment she left the door in her mind she'd already decided what was within limits and what wasn't. Not like she could control her skirt flying up, but what was bare minimum allowable while still fulfilling her mission was under her control. Think you just take it as what was barely allowable from Yukina's perspective and that be that.

What is ok for a normal person probably doesn't apply with her . Strange thinking her part, but some strange decision making isn't really anything I'd be surprised about with that girl .
Old 2013-10-13, 13:21   Link #307
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Why are we even discussing this, we all know they are going to end up together! Let's just enjoy the situations they'll have to go through.

Cheers

PS: I'm kidding.

Old 2013-10-13, 13:24   Link #308
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Talking about priorities... why the hell did she abandon her mission of falling in love with stalking the MC to join a random fight

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, the episode was nothing like Coppelion, where absolutely nothing made sense this week... most of the actions here make sense within the anime's logic, but Yukina doesn't... again not by our logic, but from what we know from the anime.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 13:48   Link #309
EroKing

Because it leads to a sneak peak at Akatsuki's powers when he goes berserk? Anime logic as usual I guess
Old 2013-10-13, 14:23   Link #310
Miraluka
Banned

Comparison between designs: FltR, anime, name concept design, novel, manga.

I like the anime

From left to right:
Himeragi, Sensei, Imouto, blue loli, Kujou..

Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 15:29   Link #311
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The studio is not ARMS, therefore they would put aside physics in favor of decency
What does physics have to do with this? There are different degrees of dampness/wetness. The shirt could have been wet enough to arouse Kojo, but not wet enough to make it entirely and easily see-through.

Quote:
Let me check if I understand you correctly... hypothetically speaking, it's OK for your daughter to walk around casual with a wet white shirt and no bra*, but not with a mini-skirt
Who said that it's Ok for her to walk around casual with a wet white shirt and no bra? I certainly never said that. I'm just explaining how there are understandable reasons for why that wouldn't bother her, even though being seen in her panties in public does bother her.

Quote:
Let me put it this way, 6+ months in Tokyo...
This isn't real world Tokyo. Marina2 raised good points to you on the monorail argument.

Quote:
Talking about priorities... why the hell did she abandon her mission of falling in love with stalking the MC to join a random fight
Because she's a good person that doesn't want to just ignore a part of her city burning in flames when she knows she has the ability to help out? Also because she's gradually coming to trust Kojo more and more, hence trusting him not to do anything crazy while she deals with this more pressing issue?

Quote:
...most of the actions here make sense within the anime's logic, but Yukina doesn't... again not by our logic, but from what we know from the anime.
Yukina's actions makes sense in-anime. You are blowing two or three things out of proportion.
Old 2013-10-13, 15:33   Link #312
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I was once heading to an interview and ended up wearing a light skirt that day unfortunately it ended up being really windy where I was heading and I had to walk three or so long blocks from the bus to the building where the interview was being held. The skirt and stockings I had on were also polyester so I ended up suffering from a bit of static cling so not only was my skirt blowing around but riding up as it did so. I spent most of my walk embarrassingly trying to keep my undies from being shown and those were actually covered my black stockings. xD

I once got caught in a downpour with no umbrella on my way to work wearing jeans and a t-shirt and a light sweater. (That's what I get for not checking the weather..ever.) My sweater and shirt got drenched and most of my pants while waiting for my bus, I was more annoyed at just being wet and cold then how much of my figure people could see. Hell I use to know girls in highschool who'd wear wife beaters as shirts and you could see their bra. In the end it all comes down to personal comfort.

I did find that train scene funny though. I hope no one was on it.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 18:04   Link #313
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

I like the anime
Manga looks the best IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Did anyone else find that Yukina vaguely reminded them of Sousuke Sagara in this episode?
Now that you mention it, she does fall in "the socially awkward soldier trope". It's not as bad for her as it was for him though.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-10-13 at 19:55.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 18:29   Link #314
scr
my sides are in orbit

Public enemy #1 and his probationary officer...
Also, I can't help but giggles like a loli whenever they mention Himeragi's organization, 'Lion King'. Disney's gonna sue.

It's... interesting to see Akatsuki's rationale for not doing anything with his power. If I were him I'd raise all kinds of hell. I mean, the supernaturals are basically imprisoned inside special cities. Why won't he fight for their freedom?

(The other vampire of similar power level and mindset end up becoming a cab driver in New York.)
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 18:38   Link #315
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
I actually prefer the manga designs, save for the teacher and Kujou who look kinda dull compared to the rest.

Triple_R, first Coppelion and its school uniforms, now Strike the Blood and wet shirts?

I don't see the problem with that particular scene and Himeragi's reaction (or lack of) at all, but if Coppelion's thread taught me anything is to stay far away from people when they're discussion fashion choices
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 19:09   Link #316
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:

I like the anime
I rarely say this for adaptations, but to me the anime designs are the best.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 20:01   Link #317
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think we're discussing too much about the "pantyshots vs wet t-shirt" topic.
What's important is that Yukina's both impressive in her choice of underwear and her wet t-shirt scene was hot. <3

Now, let's just leave that behind, shall we?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 20:11   Link #318
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

^^ Totally. We need to leave this behind and start making fanfics and fanart about them.

Cheers

Old 2013-10-13, 20:16   Link #319
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, the episode was nothing like Coppelion, where absolutely nothing made sense this week... most of the actions here make sense within the anime's logic, but Yukina doesn't... again not by our logic, but from what we know from the anime.
Because of the collateral damage that it was causing. It could be blamed on them. And...the idiot could come after them next after he finished off whoever he was fighting if he won.
Old 2013-10-13, 20:38   Link #320
kagato3

Quote:

Well it might have something to do with the fact she has been raised as an counter to rampaging Supernaturals and there is what appeared to be a rather powerful one right in front of her. Manga handled it a bit better as the MC wanted to go with her and she had to point out that anything beyond the defense of himself or family and friends could be twisted into an act of aggression opening up a large can of worms.

Nice to see that her group isn't indocterned into mindless hate of Supernaturals as she actually willing to protect what seemed to be the most obvious suspect when she got to there.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural, vampires