AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-11-12, 22:43   Link #1181
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Finally, another chapter, and who knows when volume 18 will come out. So Manau has claimed her throne, the Assam kingdom is slowly building up it's strength to overthrow Athens. Prederika is slowly opening up to Rygart and can't see him as Krishna's "slaughter weapon" anymore.

EDIT: Still waiting on Borcuse daughter to make an appearance, I wonder if she will join the Athens rank to also try to kill Rygart.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 05:30   Link #1182
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Well guys, can't really say it was a fun ride seeing as this manga is set to end with the 104th chapter.

Let's see, the unresolved plot points that can't be satisfactorily resolved within 1 chapter are:
  • Delphine's origins... Hello?
  • The whole Rygart/Sigyn/Hodr triangle that hasn't been addressed in what feels like forever.
  • The Krishna/Athens storyline which is supposed to be main conflict in this manga was sidelined for the Assam storyline which quite frankly wasn't necessary tbh (doubly so seeing that this manga's about to be axed during said Assam storyline).
  • The Zess storyline that ties into the point mentioned above.
  • Rygart's PTSD.
  • Narvi's subtle interest in Rygart goes nowhere now.
  • Guess Cleo never gets to return to Athens either because we'll never see the conclusion of the conflict.

I feel like I wasted 10 yrs of investment on this one. It wasn't already bad enough that the release schedule was so inconsistent that we'd get less than 10 chapters per year, but now it's going to be unceremoniously axed in the middle of an arc no one asked for... Fuck this dude. I'm so pissed for holding onto an inconsistent mess that is going to end in the most unsatisfying way imaginable.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 06:27   Link #1183
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Holy shit, my last post was in 2015 when the raw was in chapter 80. Are you telling me that the last 6+ years only produced less than 25 chapters?
Old 2022-01-17, 06:32   Link #1184
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

That sucks to hear. Someone tell the author to write a novel to end it properly before it's too late.
Old 2022-01-17, 06:45   Link #1185
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Holy shit, my last post was in 2015 when the raw was in chapter 80. Are you telling me that the last 6+ years only produced less than 25 chapters?
Unfortunately. Dude was trying to give Miura (rest his soul) and Togashi a run for their money. Only difference being that their works are of significantly higher quality.

BB started declining in quality after the General Borcuse arc if I'm being completely honest, but at that point in time, I was still invested enough to look past that.

Fast forward a few years and a couple subpar arcs later and here we are. Getting axed during an arc that doesn't even tie into the main conflict or has anything to do with the four main characters. Wait. Scratch that. Hodr and especially Zess haven't felt like main characters in a LONG time.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2022-01-17 at 07:20. Reason: Grammar
Old 2022-01-18, 00:10   Link #1186
blitz1/2

wait, it's going to be axed?

Old 2022-01-18, 09:21   Link #1187
Tuor

Can't say I'm surprised, considering the rate of new material. It's as if the author didn't know what to do with his story. Disappointing, as I liked the initial storyline and wanted to see a satisfactory conclusion to the main plot points. It doesn't seem like that's going to happen now.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-25, 23:24   Link #1188
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
Can't say I'm surprised, considering the rate of new material. It's as if the author didn't know what to do with his story. Disappointing, as I liked the initial storyline and wanted to see a satisfactory conclusion to the main plot points. It doesn't seem like that's going to happen now.
I am sure the fans can do it better and write a conclusion for this.

Old 2022-01-25, 23:32   Link #1189
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

When is the release date of the final chapter?
Old 2022-01-27, 13:49   Link #1190
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Here to pay my respects. An interesting story, probably the only mecha story I truly got interested/invested in for the first ~50 chapters.

But boy did it go nowhere fast, somewhat, somehow. The slow releases trickling to a yearly release schedule made me drift and revisit this dispassionately, only really interested in the characters for the silly romance subplot, as opposed to the plot that I had forgotten.

Still a great concept, and great story beats. Just a shame of how the chapters just... stopped coming.
Old 2022-06-05, 01:58   Link #1191
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...hapter/.185262

I haven't followed up on this manga since the last time I posted here, so I went looking to see if the final chapter dropped... Only to realize that it didn't. After a quick google search, I found the article in the above link.

The article was written May 2nd, 2022 (or is it February 5th? not sure tbh) and states that the author plans for the chapter to be 140 pages long. At the time, he was about halfway done. Assuming there aren't any setbacks, I'm thinking we'd get the chapter sometime in July-August.

Tags
action, adventure, mecha, science fiction, shounen