Notices

Old 2023-08-24, 21:23   Link #1461
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I mean, I remember shirtless Putin memes
many people thought he was cool. And than the Ukraine war happened.

There's still a lot of people who think he is cool among the BRICS sphere
and among authoritarian sympathizers

//
Well BRICS is expanding...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-25, 21:18   Link #1462
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1694821438337978504

AP has a video statement made by Putin on Prigozhin. It's been translated.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2023-08-26, 00:16   Link #1463
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Analysis of the crash that supposedly killed Prigozhin.

WSJ running on the theory that an explosive inside the plane could've killed him.

Old 2023-08-26, 07:30   Link #1464
scififan

Because of the Ride-On King's condolence, some anime viewers speculate that he is on his way to isekai. Maybe he wants to become someone like Lugh Tuatha Dé. Since he said he was going to do something big, some gamers speculate that he is going to return like a mercenary boss in COD: Modern Warfare or Metal Gear.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-27, 12:52   Link #1465
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Because of the Ride-On King's condolence, some anime viewers speculate that he is on his way to isekai. Maybe he wants to become someone like Lugh Tuatha Dé. Since he said he was going to do something big, some gamers speculate that he is going to return like a mercenary boss in COD: Modern Warfare or Metal Gear.
Mark my words, putin is going to die of old age (or due to an illness when he is already senile like francisco franco). Not only he is very cautious about not being assasinated (his #1 fear no doubt), but western intelligence agencies would not allow it, you read right, the biggest danger for the demilitarization of russia is having putin taken off the picture and having someone else take his place and the rampant corruption and ineptitude in the regime he built.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-31, 06:24   Link #1466
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarV...didacy_on_the/

Girkin announced that he's planning to run for the presidency in Russia.

Old 2023-08-31, 15:29   Link #1467
Key Board
Carbon

That's either hubris or he knows something about Putin (dying, already dead, ect) that we don't

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-01, 00:43   Link #1468
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I think he's trying his luck just to thumb his nose at Putin/his backers.

Old 2023-09-06, 02:31   Link #1469
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarV...en_created_to/

Bashkir Liberation Army created in Ukraine.

The leader of the Bashkir National Movement Abroad, Ruslan Gabbasov announced it via Telegram.

Quote:
The Committee of the Bashkortostan National Movement Abroad announced the formation of the Bashkortostan Liberation Army

This was reported by the Committee's Telegram channel.

According to the decree signed by the head of the committee, Ruslan Gabbasov, the organization of the army is related to the deterioration of the political and economic situation in Russia, especially in the Republic of Bashkortostan, the emergence of a large number of private military companies, the return of participants in military operations to the republic and endangering civilians.

It is recalled that the Bashkortostan Liberation Army is organized on the basis of the armed forces of Ukraine and is subject to its military leaders for the duration of the military conflict in Ukraine.

"Committee of Bashkortostan National Movement Abroad" was established in early March 2023 by Bashkortostan political emigrants abroad. Its main goal is to "prepare for the independence of the Republic of Bashkortostan."

Here's the translated statement in the document (in the Reddit URL):

Quote:

* Bashkir Liberation Army has been formed to protect the Republic of Bashkortostan and all of its multinational people.

* The command of the Bashkir Liberation Army is fully subordinate to the Committee of the Bashkir National Movement Abroad represented by its Executive Committee.

* The Bashkir Liberation Army is created on the basis of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) and for the period of hostilities in Ukraine is subordinate to its command.

* A member of the Executive Committee of the Bashkir National Movement Abroad, Ilshat Kinzyabayev, is instructed to travel to Ukraine and begin the formation of the Bashkir Liberation Army.

Old 2023-09-07, 01:39   Link #1470
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

For those intereted in the GUR-led op that led to the capture of a Mi-8 helicopter and the defection of the pilot, I've gathered up the good stuff so far.

----

The video's done by Volodymyr Zolkin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarV...nnel_with_the/

Someone translated summary of the video:

Quote:
"Our pilots commit war crimes because they are afraid. Because they are scared"

The main talking points from the interview of the Russian pilot, who who flew the Mi-8 military helicopter to Ukraine:

* The preparation of the operation took half a year

* Maxim's mother came to Ukraine earlier, now she lives in Kyiv

* They will pay $500,000 for the helicopter, make new documents for him and his family to start a new life

* All officers at the beginning of their training were collected and fed propaganda to justify the aggression

* Many officers are against the war but are afraid to express their opinion

* "My garrison in Chernigovka is in critical condition, the military live in emergency houses. It's scary to look at"

* The salary of a Russian helicopter pilot is $1500, less than that of mobiles

* There is a lot of equipment in the Russian Federation, but the level of pilot training is weak

* Pilots are not released, those who leave fall into the infantry and are moved to the front lines
----

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...ected-ukraine/

Telegraph article on the defection of the Russian helicopter pilot. His name is Maksim Kuzminov.

Old 2023-09-08, 21:44   Link #1471
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarV...r_us_fighters/

Thought I'd post here. Some of the foreign volunteers included a Colombian who signed on the flag of the Norman Battalion.

Old 2023-09-12, 00:44   Link #1472
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Ukraine claim success in capturing oil rigs held by Russians after Crimea got annexed. Appears that GUR commandos were involved.

There's English subs.

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2023-09-12 at 21:11.
Old 2023-09-16, 16:44   Link #1473
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Seems like everbodies favorite tiktok soldier cosplayer, Ramzan Kadyrov, is about to be isekai-ed, no doubt posioned by CIA's most excellent undercover agent, Vladimir Putin >_<
Old 2023-09-16, 22:05   Link #1474
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/statu...59444433203303

Russian Bora-class corvette Samum damaged and taken back to port. Said to be taken out by Ukrainian navy drones.

Old 2023-09-17, 09:22   Link #1475
Key Board
Carbon

in autocracies, a strong leader is obligated to have weak successors or no successors.

Because they do not want to be replaced

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-17, 22:31   Link #1476
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Admiral Makarovs seen here fuming, but can you blame it, the black sea fleet has become a bunch of sitting ducks.

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/st...51834141688236
Old 2023-09-18, 05:57   Link #1477
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is tough being the backup flagship to the fleet and yet still being more or less a target ship.
Old 2023-09-18, 07:40   Link #1478
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarV...72nd_separate/

One of the commanders (now ex) from the 72nd Separate Motor Rifle Brigade complained of battlefield losses in Klishchiivka. He got kicked out of the military for complaining about what happened there.

Old 2023-09-20, 17:57   Link #1479
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

About the special operation Azerbaiyan is doing in Nagorno-Karabakh, my bet is that it will end with the annexation of said territory. What does this has to do with The invasion of Ukraine? This will also mean russia will be expelled from Armenia sooner rather than later and Armenia will align with the west to guarantee its long term survival. I expect other similar operations to happen all around the world, heck, China might want a bigger bite out of the bear, half an island is but an appetizer.
Old 2023-09-20, 18:21   Link #1480
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If Russia aggravates them enough, Japan might even come out to retake the islands they still claim from World War II.