Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-19, 17:21   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Ehh... Dohna gameplay was okay but the style and characters are what carried the game; Gyokai is definitely not involved. I'm not really sure how sex trafficking is going to fly on PSN either; I assume the card game component will be something much more benign. Also the combat doesn't really look turn based.
Yeah, truly a shame. Tetsubuta isn't necessarily bad (though I don't think he even draws R18), but Gyokai's style was so good in Dona. I'm probably gonna buy it this time to support Ittenchiroku, but hopefully he actually works on a eroge next time
I also heard TOMA had been calling out to Orion on getting together again to make a game, but nothing public right now

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-25, 14:26   Link #42
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Lots of Evangelion references this time. And... now we know what it looks like when she goes from past to present. I guess she'll be back in 1997 or so?
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-25, 17:47   Link #43
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Konoha will come back to a present where Mamoru has single-handedly destroyed Microsoft and the PC-98 somehow evolved to become Skynet.
Old 2023-10-25, 22:09   Link #44
grecefar

I would've liked if mamoru manage to turn on the tablet and see what was inside so that what makes him to believe her and move on from pc-98 and look foward to the future. And now seeing how she disappeared, he won't be bitter again.

I think in the next chapter konoha will met old mamoru.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-26, 00:39   Link #45
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

https://twitter.com/16bit_anime/stat...09412027457746
The art obviously is a different series, but I think the most famous work for the Western audience by Hashimoto Takashi is good ol' Yosuga no Sora

On an unrelated note, Nabeshin has always been known to add himself to his anime. That's probably why there was an afro character in episode 3, BTW. Rather tame compared to the older days. The one voiced by Sugita

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2023-10-26, 08:05   Link #46
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Konoha will come back to a present where Mamoru has single-handedly destroyed Microsoft and the PC-98 somehow evolved to become Skynet.
Given the Windows dissing i'm still hoping for an episode where Mamoru installs Slackware.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-01, 15:57   Link #47
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Given the Windows dissing i'm still hoping for an episode where Mamoru installs Slackware.
The year of the Linux desktop is next year... since 1995 or so.

I was kinda surprised she ended up all the way in Kanon country, I expected 1997 or so. I think 1999 is around where the doujin series stopped so I'm curious where things go from here.
Old 2023-11-01, 18:51   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wonder what's causing the games on her shelf to disappear. During her first trip in 1992, she didn't do much and yet her games started disappearing. In 1996 though, she may have screwed her quite a bit with her interactions with Mamoru and the glasses girl. Now she's trying to lay low, but there's no way that's going to work.

I wonder if the manga is the original timeline. They said they sold over 100k copies of their games here, should be a good point of comparison.
Old 2023-11-01, 19:09   Link #49
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wonder if the manga is the original timeline. They said they sold over 100k copies of their games here, should be a good point of comparison.
Mamoru himself is 5 years younger in the manga so the differences are too substantial. A lot of stuff (like Comiket) happened similarly but from what I remember they only did a final PC98 release in 1996, nothing for Windows.
Old 2023-11-01, 20:06   Link #50
grecefar

I think the main reason of the change is mamoru and not because konoha was involved in the games. Without konoha he would've ditched alcohol soft after the first game and since he is the protagonist here with konoha he should be the main reason.
Old 2023-11-02, 00:12   Link #51
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

https://twitter.com/16bit_anime/stat...45613430948290
This week's is by Tamori Tadaji, from Natural (Fairytail)
Haven't played it myself, but it seems pretty interesting from what I researched, where the protagonist kinda has two sides of him that allows you to go the romance route or sex slave route thing
With Night Shift Nurses getting remaked, I also hope these other older games get one.

Actually, with companies like Alicesoft, Mink, and Elf dead, I think Fairytail (under F&C) might be the oldest Eroge company still alive? Or at least close to it, I think?
By the way, they reacted
https://twitter.com/FANDC_Staff/stat...46433648410804

Also, the song Konoha was singing was the famous(?) Maid-san Rock and Roll, though she stops singing the lyrics where its gets explicit

As for the story, it does touch on some key points, though mostly a build-up episode
Mamoru asks the good question of what Konoha wants to do traveling through time, since up until now, she's just really traveling through time without much afterthought, just to see Alcohol Soft
Similarly, she finally kinda realizes that changing history is a bad thing

Old 2023-11-02, 18:01   Link #52
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Since seems nobody noticed, this is a screen capture of the opening sequence, where we see some people cooking in the shadows, for s frame we see three individuals. The dog appeared on the prior time leap, this girls appeared on the restaurant when Konoha timelipped using the Kanon gamebox, the camera even focus on her and she looks at the camera. The other person has yet to appear afaik. I do wonder what the audio take he throws into the hotpot? means.

https://imgur.com/qSvUyoX
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-08, 15:39   Link #53
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

https://twitter.com/infact4yeargap/s...92440948936787

This week's endcard is by Uon Taraku, but he actually also went by Komi Akira (古美明) for R18 games
He didn't really draw any of his game's characters and his school uniform doesn't seem to perfectly match any of his games either, but it is speculated to probably be from Suiso

Also, dang, Touya

Old 2023-11-08, 19:05   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So, I guess Toya is going to become the antagonist of the series? She still respects Konoha onee-sama for now, but she's become a manipulative misandrist and they probably have differing views about bishoujo games.

I'm not sure the anime is willing to go there, but she could also fit into the yandere lesbian category and go off the rails when she sees Mamoru and Konoha together.
Old 2023-11-08, 20:18   Link #55
grecefar

this chapter was good, from a huge scam scandal, to a 1 billon debt and the shy otaku girl turning heel, a lot of twist here.

I liked konoha speech at the end, if it's she convinced mamoru the others will be easy so they can make the best bishojo game ever.
Old 2023-11-08, 23:43   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

One more thing, but as some people already know, Amazuyu and Mitsumi (Leaf/Aquaplus) were originally employees of Cocktail Soft, obviously the base for "Alcohol Soft" and eventually quit Cocktail and joined Leaf
Ichigaya and co. also are said to be a mix of some certain people, but well, no real names here since no one wants to get sued

Old 2023-11-09, 01:02   Link #57
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
One more thing, but as some people already know, Amazuyu and Mitsumi (Leaf/Aquaplus) were originally employees of Cocktail Soft, obviously the base for "Alcohol Soft" and eventually quit Cocktail and joined Leaf
Ichigaya and co. also are said to be a mix of some certain people, but well, no real names here since no one wants to get sued
I would really like if someone (who lives outside japan and can't be sued) to write an "history behind the story" article, because no, I do not know anything about this, have no way of knowing and I am sure 99.99% of watchers of this anime on the west are the same as me. This tiny tidbit was really interesting.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-09, 12:54   Link #58
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I would really like if someone (who lives outside japan and can't be sued) to write an "history behind the story" article, because no, I do not know anything about this, have no way of knowing and I am sure 99.99% of watchers of this anime on the west are the same as me. This tiny tidbit was really interesting.
Well, one theory is that Ichigaya is based off of Silence, also known as Sogna for its eroge brand.
Ichigaya's role in the story is a bit different than the anime, so the anime version is not as similar, but in the manga (I haven't read it, but I've read bits and pieces of information on it)
Spoiler for manga Ichigaya:

Old 2023-11-09, 23:00   Link #59
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

The red bow tie and gray jacket Konoha was wearing looked an awful lot like a nod to another time traveler I could mention. All she needed was a fez on her head.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-15, 17:46   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Konoha really said "fuck it!" to the possible consequences of a time traveler making a game in 1999. She's using modern drawing and animating techniques for the games, and creating goodies no one had thought of back then. This unsurprisingly causes all the games after 1999 to disappear... but that's not the twist of the episode. The twist is Mamoru himself is on his way to 1985! Is he going to assassinate Bill Gates?!

I thought it weird no one batted an eye at Konoha's Ipad but then again, what would the average person believe? That she's a time traveler or that the US have very advanced technology? Yep, that's the cover story: she was working in the US.

I really wonder where the story is going, I'm curious what kind of future Konoha will come back to. We know her game will make a big enough impact to erase all the classics, so what will the bishoujo game landscape look like in 2023? Or will Mamoru tell her it's too dangerous and have her take a copy of the completed game with her to 2023 instead and release it then? That way her wish still gets granted, though AlcoholSoft will go under, but that was always their fate.

On a side note, Kao-san actually opened her eyes!!