Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-05-01, 19:40   Link #441
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
If we look back at the previous 2 Nolan's Batman outings, there's always 2 villans involved in each. Ra's al Ghul and Scarecrow. Joker and Two Face.

The latest Trailers still offer us no clue if Nolan is going to throw another anatgonist besides Bane. (No, Catwoman doesn't strike me as a villan here.) It could be a surprise though since Two Face was revealed at the 11th hour prior to TDK's premier.
Scarecrow's role was pretty insignificant in the first movie and i wouldn't exactly call Harvey Dent a true villain after what has happened in the 2nd movie.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:01   Link #442
Sumeragi
Banned

I have to agree. It's closer to 1.5 villains, and Catwoman could count as 0.5.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:04   Link #443
GDB

I dunno, those trailers look like she's 0.5 Hero than Villain. She's beating on some of Bane's thugs, after all.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:06   Link #444
Sumeragi
Banned

For what reason? Seems like she's similar to Selina from Arkham City, where she's doing good because it's in her interest.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:19   Link #445
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

In D&D terms, Catwoman leans towards the Chaotic Good/Chaotic Neutral alignment. An anti-hero who do more good than harm. She partakes in crimes from time to time but will not cause social chaos on a massive scale like Ra's al Ghul and Joker.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 21:46   Link #446
Haladflire65
*Artist

^ From what we have so far, I get the sense that she might be switching sides at some point in the movie. Some fans were speculating that maybe she sees Bruce unmasked and half-dead after Bane gives him a beating and goes to help him. I wouldn't know You see her in the prison (she's the one doing the cartwheel), and I think someone mentioned her infiltrating Wayne Manor as a maid and then ransacking it, so she probably starts off as petty criminal - but in this trailer she's definitely supporting Bruce/Batman.
Old 2012-05-01, 22:03   Link #447
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You figure someone is likely financing Bane. And paying for what looks to be cutting Gotham off from the rest of the country.
Old 2012-05-02, 00:01   Link #448
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
In D&D terms, Catwoman leans towards the Chaotic Good/Chaotic Neutral alignment. An anti-hero who do more good than harm. She partakes in crimes from time to time but will not cause social chaos on a massive scale like Ra's al Ghul and Joker.
That's the thing. Being a high class thief, she benefits from the wealth of others. But even though she doesn't approve of the rich robbing the poor, she doesn't want the complete destruction of civilised society. When there is no law to break, thieving as a profession would become far more dangerous. Much easier to steal things when people think their belongings are safe.
Old 2012-05-22, 15:54   Link #449
Haladflire65
*Artist

New posters released!

TDK's campaign was so much better though But, I really like the UK ones. They look quite badass... gaaaah.

Last edited by Haladflire65; 2012-05-22 at 16:35.
Haladflire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 17:14   Link #450
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
You figure someone is likely financing Bane. And paying for what looks to be cutting Gotham off from the rest of the country.
I'm guessing it's the League of Shadows that's financing him.
Old 2012-05-22, 17:23   Link #451
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Canon catwoman is in love with batman and he loves her. Theres even a page of batman telling her that when he "thinks" she's in a coma.
Old 2012-05-22, 17:28   Link #452
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Canon catwoman is in love with batman and he loves her. Theres even a page of batman telling her that when he "thinks" she's in a coma.
It all depends on the writer. Batman also loves/has loved Zatanna, Talia, and I'm sure multiple other women.
Old 2012-05-22, 18:49   Link #453
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It all depends on the writer. Batman also loves/has loved Zatanna, Talia, and I'm sure multiple other women.
This. There is no "canon" relationship in a comic character who had been around this long. Batman was even married once. Every hetero pairing has been tried through the ages of DC.
Old 2012-05-22, 19:06   Link #454
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There is no "canon" relationship in a comic character who had been around this long.
Unfortunately, this also has been applied to Superman and Lois Lane, as well as Spider-man and Mary Jane. Long lasting marriages, wiped out just because the higher ups didn't like them. I guess the only remaining canon relationship is Reed Richards and Sue Storm.
Old 2012-05-22, 21:26   Link #455
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
as well as Spider-man and Mary Jane. Long lasting marriages, wiped out just because the higher ups didn't like them.
Technically Mary Jane is actually Spiderman's 2nd love interest. But yeah, the decision to "unmarry" him is a slap in the face of all those who had grew up with the character and are themselves married. It was a literal bandonment of old loyal fans to chase after new money.
Old 2012-05-23, 22:25   Link #456
Haladflire65
*Artist

Two new TV spots with new footage! The Catwoman themed one is nice, and I'm loving Bane more and more. Oh, and Bruce is a boss.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-05-24, 12:30   Link #457
Suomi
Kaiba

SO DAMN EXCITED.
Catwoman...
Batman...

Getting my IMAX tickets as soon as available.
Old 2012-05-24, 20:39   Link #458
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusore View Post
SO DAMN EXCITED.
Catwoman...
Batman...

Getting my IMAX tickets as soon as available.
OH YES. I'm really lucky to be in Korea when it's released, we get it on July 19th instead of the 20th and if you add the time difference, it's almost two days earlier than North America! I'm not getting spoiled this time, like for TDK where I was in Tokyo where Nolan movies are released a month later than everywhere else... >.>

But anyways, there're new banners, they're pretty cool. The Photoshopping is meh but my anticipation for the movie is winning me over... Bane is just.... SWAG

Last edited by Haladflire65; 2012-05-24 at 21:15.
Haladflire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 03:40   Link #459
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Technically Mary Jane is actually Spiderman's 2nd love interest.
I was just going by marriages that were also long, not just long relationships.

Quote:
It was a literal bandonment of old loyal fans to chase after new money.
Problem is, they aren't even chasing new money. They're chasing really old money. They got rid of the marriages (at least, Spiderman's) because the higher ups at Marvel wanted to take him back to the 70s, because that's the Spidey they grew up with. Meaning I gotta wait another 20 years before Ben Reilly comes back.
Old 2012-05-25, 04:10   Link #460
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I'm not getting spoiled this time, like for TDK where I was in Tokyo where Nolan movies are released a month later than everywhere else... >.>
Really!? Hmm...I never thought that Japanese cinema could be such a latecomer. Then again I'm not really familiar with how Hollywood movies marketed in Japan .