AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-10, 08:20   Link #521
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Nice.

Since Exalt is only helping the aliens to achieve Human Ascension for their own plans, do you think there might be a three way battle once Exalt decide the aliens have serve their purpose in helping them and now both Aliens and XCOM must be destroyed?

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2013-10-10 at 09:29. Reason: Mispelling
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 09:13   Link #522
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Here's a good, hefty video showing off the EXALT, and the Covert Operations gameplay:
Good find; thanks for bringing it to our attention. Here's a relevant Joystiq article to supplement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Since Exalt is only helping the aliens to achieve Human Ascension for their own plans, did you think they might a three way battle once Exalt decide the aliens have serve their purpose in helping them and now both Aliens and XCOM must be destroyed?
That's an interesting question. Another twist on that: the aliens might well be aware of Exalt, and are content to let them alone due to their annoyance-to-XCOM value... but at some point, they might decide the organization has outlived its usefulness. Keep in mind that these two possibilities are by no means mutually exclusive, and would justify an actual three-corners mission in the form of 'alien activity' somewhere turning out to be an attack on an Exalt facility.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 22:06   Link #523
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Wow, those videos were just hard to watch. The dude that's playing the game has absolutely no idea how to play the game what so ever. I felt like screaming at my monitor when he just put his assault right in the middle of an open field without cover.

By the way, anyone know what the new Latin words means for the gene and mec soldiers?
Old 2013-10-10, 22:34   Link #524
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
By the way, anyone know what the new Latin words means for the gene and mec soldiers?
I think it's been covered earlier in the thread, but...
  • Bellator in Machina: Warrior in the Machine;
  • Mutare ad Custodiam: Change to Defend
Old 2013-10-11, 00:26   Link #525
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Nice.

Since Exalt is only helping the aliens to achieve Human Ascension for their own plans, do you think there might be a three way battle once Exalt decide the aliens have serve their purpose in helping them and now both Aliens and XCOM must be destroyed?
According to interviews, the EXALT are not interested on interacting with the aliens in any way, and mostly leave them alone so they can continue on their mission of "genetic purity". And it was confirmed that you won't see a mission featuring a three-way battle between XCOM, EXALT and the Aliens.

In the meanwhile, have some EXALT Elite Agents:

So dapper

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 21:27   Link #526
Wandering_Youth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
According to interviews, the EXALT are not interested on interacting with the aliens in any way, and mostly leave them alone so they can continue on their mission of "genetic purity". And it was confirmed that you won't see a mission featuring a three-way battle between XCOM, EXALT and the Aliens.

In the meanwhile, have some EXALT Elite Agents:

So dapper
From the looks of it, the Elites are like glass cannons? I don't see them wearing any type of armor, but their weapons seem semi dangerous. I like to know how much of a threat their later units proves to be.
Old 2013-10-11, 21:38   Link #527
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
From the looks of it, the Elites are like glass cannons? I don't see them wearing any type of armor, but their weapons seem semi dangerous. I like to know how much of a threat their later units proves to be.
The basic EXALT regular has between 6 (for the Sniper) and 7 health (for the rest) on Normal, which hardly seems like glass cannons to me. And the Elites have unique G-Mods like Iron Skin for the Heavy that reduce incoming damage. So I say they're hardly glass cannons, seeing as their weapons aren't even close to that used by the aliens - apparently they can't get Plasma, so EXALT are stuck with Laser weapons, so no +10 aim bonus from stuff like Light Plasma.

EXALT supposedly wear bullet-proof armor underneath their dapper attire, and we can also assume they use G-Mods to further improve themselves.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2013-10-12, 10:40   Link #528
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I wonder if there are any Female EXALT members.
Old 2013-10-12, 11:00   Link #529
Firefly00

Quote:
I wonder if there are any Female EXALT members.
I honestly see no good reason why there wouldn't be from a lore standpoint. And if you can unlock their 'dapper attire', as LoweGear called it, they would be pretty much required. I imagine the most common would be some form of pantsuit, like the below image but with the heels replaced by sensible flats...

This said, you really can't reference those in this context without making reference to perhaps the most famous example in the realm of videogames; with Zenia (no, not Onatopp) meriting an honorable mention.
Old 2013-10-23, 21:22   Link #530
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

By the emperor.... Bradford is now badass...

Spoiler for SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT:

And for something less spoilery, here's another preview of the game showing off a preview build with all the toys and more, including how MECs are made and the new Medal system:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2013-10-24, 00:12   Link #531
Wandering_Youth

Wow, I thought the amount of stuff they put in was small but after watching that video the amount stuff you can do now is huge! November can't come soon enough!

Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 2013-10-24 at 00:31.
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 11:52   Link #532
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

XCOM: Enemy Within: The Kotaku Review
Old 2013-11-11, 21:44   Link #533
Wandering_Youth

Wooohoo! Finally downloading it via Steam right now. I can't wait to replay this game.

Time to waste some alien scum and Illuminati wannabes .
Old 2013-11-11, 22:05   Link #534
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Steam isn't updating, and is insisting that I don't have my internet connected, so I'm not sure if I can get this via Steam (aka the online way). :/ I might have to grab a physical copy at this rate.
Old 2013-11-12, 02:31   Link #535
Wandering_Youth

Wow, I just got my butt handed to me on a silver platter playing only a few hours of the new game on classic mode. It wasn't this bad back in EU, aliens crit like crazy now and I swear they can see through walls now. The AI seems to know where I am when I try to hide and where I might try to flank them.

I think I should just drop back down to normal mode and learn the new tactics before I jump back into classic mode.

Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 2013-11-12 at 02:43.
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 00:52   Link #536
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So while I'm waiting here for Enemy Within to drop in my part of the world while shooting bright green envy beams everywhere, have XCOM XCOM, oh we're XCOM~

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2013-11-13, 12:55   Link #537
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

I am so pissed about X-COM right now. First on Monday night, 3 hours before unlock, my Steam suddenly need a huge X-COM update. I was like oh boy here it comes and cut off all my internet useage to let it load.

Then around 6PM last night, my Steam went off and demanded another 6 hours long download. Without explaining what it is. GRRRR!
Old 2013-11-14, 02:33   Link #538
Wandering_Youth

Something weird is happening with my game. I'm getting dialogue with my base trio that doesn't make any sense in the campaign and it feels like I missed a few events that lead up to those said dialogues.

I had a skip a couple of the new council missions because they were too hard and now I'm rather confused with the new plot that's happening in my game.
Old 2013-11-14, 09:55   Link #539
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

O_O;;

Just did my first half a dozen mission yesterday. Here are my thoughts.

Spoiler for Spoiler on Seekers:

Also, not sure if the AI is much more cleverer now, but I was actually FLANKED by the a whole group of thin-man and Floaters. There were no "You spot us!" animation. I was literally shot from the dark from BEHIND me. I manage to beg the RNG god to save me, and well....I manage to get the team out alive....but 3 critical wounded and one wounded

Finally, some of maps are just vile. One of the UFO I was chasing literally crashed into a skyscraper a-la- 9/11. Fighting in a ruined skyscraper was a truly testament in misery.
Old 2013-11-14, 15:39   Link #540
Elestia

The new maps are nice however a lot of them are now in very urban areas making it harder for squad sight snipers to work their magic. I guess this makes snap shot sniper more appealing.

Wow. Flamethrower is a very powerful and deadly weapon against organic units. It has a wide area of effect, does decent damage at the beginning, and best of all it instantly makes all enemies hit with it instant panic.

Tags
science fiction, turn-based strategy