AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-14, 10:06   Link #461
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
What a coincidence, that is exactly the bug I was talking about. Were the guys who are supposed to be holding the doors mystically trying to hold empty air in the middle of the room with you as well?
Strange, i didn't experience this problem on human rogue play through. ...i didn't experience any quest problems at all...wait, there was actually one. The prison part---the area where the climax takes place---wherein if you picklock the cage, you won't be able to move your character and you'll have to redo it.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 10:12   Link #462
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Bugs are hit or miss, either you experience them or you don't. Just because some encounter the bug doesn't mean everyone will. When I restarted I had no problems the second time either.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 10:21   Link #463
Cipher

Quote:
Just because some encounter the bug doesn't mean everyone will.
what is a bug really? Will I ever encounter any if I didn't with my past playthroughs(using the same settings of course)?
Old 2009-12-14, 11:20   Link #464
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Bugs are errors in the game, things that aren't supposed to happen but flaws in the coding make them happen. They can be anything from getting stuck behind an invisible object, doors not opening, objects disappearing, and so forth.

As long as they aren't patched, there is always a chance you will stumble across them. So yes, there is a chance that should you begin another human noble you might run into the bug we encountered.

Of course, you also might not. That's the trouble with bugs.
Old 2009-12-14, 12:21   Link #465
Tiberium Wolf

Dragon age bugs ain't that serious or that many. If you had seen the bugs of other games of the same genre you would be amazed. I still remember the NW2... the game had so many bugs that I lost count of it.
Old 2009-12-14, 16:28   Link #466
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
what is a bug really? Will I ever encounter any if I didn't with my past playthroughs(using the same settings of course)?
Camen's lament, I didn't give him a pelt and when I finished the whole werewolf stuff and went back all he said was "Now that the forest is save, i can find a pelt of my own", while the quest still says that I have to bring him one but can't

Another I encountered for a first time, the quest in Denerim to get the tugs out of the Pearl, I convinced them to leave. Then met them again in an alley with one of the security guards and killed them, he told me to report back to the quest giver (so does the quest) but when talking to him all he says is to go to the Pearl and get rid of the tugs (this bug didn't allow me to follow the follow up quests and restart didn't work)

Thirdly one that took me about 45 mins to get passed was the Templar quest where you head into the Alienage's orphanage, after killing the demon for the first time it bugged and all doors remained locked. talking to the templar resulted in a buggy animation play where he would call forth the demon (before the fight) and the after animation of how we defeated him, btu the doors remained locked (solved by redoing and waiting 5 mins without taking action yourself)

Just a small list D:
In the fade where you visit the "dreams"/illusions of your comrades I found that after beating the demons and freeing them that the conversation that took place before fighting would repeat and that afterward the ending animation would finally play and end the fade illusion

I didn't always have the same bugs, depends on how you play. If you're in a hurry like I was then yes it can happen. Simply slashing your way through a boss in under a minute was a bad thing to do, had to wait quite a while for the after animation to start

Now finished my duelist noble, lot of fun and so very easy to play
I'm going to make a mage now and perhaps a city elf at the same time cause I am curious about the starter story
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 20:47   Link #467
Who

City Elf is probably the most fun for me. If I were to sum it up in an anime character... I'd say Shin Asuka from GSD. And for a good reason, even though I don't like Shin.

And mage just made me feel like a douchebag to Jowan.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 21:59   Link #468
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
And mage just made me feel like a douchebag to Jowan.
He deserved it, damn it.
"I'm not a Blood Mage! Oh wait, yes I am."
I didn't regret ratting him out.

Also, I have to say the City Elf origin is the best one, especially the female version. Kinda D: though, with what happens to Shianni and all.

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 22:52   Link #469
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
He deserved it, damn it.

Also, I have to say the City Elf origin is the best one, especially the female version. Kinda D: though, with what happens to Shianni and all.
agreed. city elf was also best origin for me....
Old 2009-12-15, 08:17   Link #470
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I hope they decide in #2 to leave out one character and give the Main Character some actual Voice acting. or just do it without removing a character.
Old 2009-12-15, 23:58   Link #471
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
He deserved it, damn it.

I guess it's based on perspective but I do feel bad for him since he's afraid of becoming a Tranquil... I personally wouldn't want my emotions being branded out of me, even if other Tranquils say that it's not really that bad afterward.
And what he does later on may not be on the "good" path in terms of pre-Redcliffe but the guy really does want to repent, although god knows where he runs off to when you release him from the cage. <_<

As for Shianni, everytime I load up my male city elf, I get the cousin-cest flag popping up constantly.
Old 2009-12-16, 04:06   Link #472
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, to be fair, it is safe to assume they wanted Jowan made Tranquil not because he was unskilled, but because they have already been suspecting him of blood magic. Irving after all already knew about the relationship, but he just didn't want it revealed until he can also put some dirt on the chantry by involving the sister caught in the act.

As for cousin-cest... I thought you'd be immune to it by now considering you're on a pre-dominantly anime board.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 05:55   Link #473
Clarste
Human

Well the question is whether or not Blood Magic is inherently evil. It seems like its not, and that if they hadn't persecuted him for it then it would've been fine. I think he's fairly sympathetic from this perspective.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 06:39   Link #474
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Well the question is whether or not Blood Magic is inherently evil. It seems like its not, and that if they hadn't persecuted him for it then it would've been fine. I think he's fairly sympathetic from this perspective.
I agree. Its simply a different power,likewise "normal" magic, that people can choose to use and not use. Didn't really agree to Irving's justification, so I supported the Blood mages, including Jowan, in any non-harming(towards others) way. Using this sort of justice makes Jowan's actions understood.
Old 2009-12-16, 09:01   Link #475
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Actually, if you read the background on blood magic you realize that while, yes, it is not inherently evil, Blood Magic is more dangerous than regular magic. Blood magic involves deeper connections to demons, even going as far as forming pacts with them. This makes blood mages far more likely to be influenced by demons or even transform into abominations.
Old 2009-12-16, 10:19   Link #476
Cipher

Quote:
Actually, if you read the background on blood magic you realize that while, yes, it is not inherently evil, Blood Magic is more dangerous than regular magic. Blood magic involves deeper connections to demons, even going as far as forming pacts with them. This makes blood mages far more likely to be influenced by demons or even transform into abominations.
But it doesn't necessarily transform one. a form of power that is prone to corruption but not if the wielder has sufficient ability i believe. so the question is not really the power itself, its the individual, his ability, and the tendency of his actions.

in game, leading as a blood mage myself...didn't really prevent me from doing any good deeds.
Old 2009-12-16, 11:54   Link #477
Tiberium Wolf

Of course in game your char will never get taken over by a demon. If it were then there would be no point having that spec for you to use.
Old 2009-12-16, 12:20   Link #478
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Of course in game your char will never get taken over by a demon. If it were then there would be no point having that spec for you to use.
the developers could have made a shorter "abomination" plot--a good in-depth "helper" IMO. probably interesting but the most interesting for me were the fade transformations, its sad how the abilities weren't available outside.
Old 2009-12-22, 21:19   Link #479
Who

I hate to be the one to bump up threads but apparently... the DLC Return to Ostagar is slated for next week. Surprising how it's after Christmas but whatever. As long as it's before the new year (although barely):

http://pc.ign.com/index/upcoming.html (second page, scroll down)
Old 2009-12-23, 00:16   Link #480
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Mmm, interesting... should be fun.

Heh, for an abomination plot, should have had the option of when you learnt blood magic you could take the desire demon along with you. She could pop out and help the player - desire demon could play a good CC roll or something, maybe rogue like attacks. If you were into it could have an amusing romance option (i think the demon rubbing it in the faces of hte other women would be funny - could lead to an amusing herem/comedy with the other women... oh god i've become what i hate.)

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360