AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-06, 16:03   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Claymore Manga - Scanlated Version

Claymore
This is the thread to discuss the scanlated version of the Claymore manga. The purpose of this thread is to allow discussion of the English translation without worrying about being spoiled by the untranslated raws. If you want to discuss volumes that have not yet been scanlated into English by fans, then please check out the Claymore Manga - Raw Japanese Version thread. Any discussion of Claymore manga that has not yet been scanlated will be treated as a spoiler, so be careful or else you might get banned!

There are two other Claymore manga threads:

WARNING: The Claymore manga is licensed. This means it is being translated and released by Viz, so any discussion of who is scanlating this or how to find it these illegal translation will result in a ban. Please don't either ask the question or answer it because I would be forced to do something unpleasant in response.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-05-07 at 02:16.
Old 2007-05-06, 19:10   Link #2
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

I don't if I'm breaking any rules, but volume 8 has been translated, I'm not going to say who or where to get it, just letting people know it's out there.

Anyway one small question, because Clare is 1/4 youma rather than 1/2 does that mean she has normal sexual organs that won't creep out people.
Spoiler for for volume 8:
Old 2007-05-06, 19:23   Link #3
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
I don't if I'm breaking any rules, but volume 8 has been translated, I'm not going to say who or where to get it, just letting people know it's out there.

Anyway one small question, because Clare is 1/4 youma rather than 1/2 does that mean she has normal sexual organs that won't creep out people.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-06, 21:56   Link #4
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post

Spoiler for Volume 8:
Old 2007-05-06, 23:01   Link #5
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Spoiler for Volume 8:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-07, 02:20   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
I really do not consider what Clare said to imply romantic feelings, but more along the lines of she thinks of Raki as family now. People are to quick to pull out the romance card sometimes.
I'm not sure we were reading the same volume 7. Remember the kiss between Clare and Raki? Tell me that kiss -- solidly on the lips -- looked at all familial? The only kind of family that kiss implies would be husband and wife.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-05-07, 05:07   Link #7
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I'm not sure we were reading the same volume 7. Remember the kiss between Clare and Raki? Tell me that kiss -- solidly on the lips -- looked at all familial? The only kind of family that kiss implies would be husband and wife.
Whatever the real feelings Clare has for Raki that is for me still unsure it could go either way as it stands currently. However
Spoiler for spoiler manga 9-12:

BUT I DO know for sure that the already considerable HATRED for Raki will probably reach new heights when the anime catches up to the mentioned manga volumes.

The poor guy is now already on some of the other forums and blogs top ranked as the most annoying char/sidekick of the new anime season...

A dubious honour.. and to be honest not really fair for him since without his deep bond with Clare. She would most likely already be dead or even worse a gut eating 'awakened being'.

I think a lot of guys (I assume most of them are guys) are seeing him sub-consious as a kind of threat for their idolisation of Clare.

But that is just my humble opinion.

Last edited by dutchman; 2007-05-07 at 06:45.
Old 2007-05-07, 05:24   Link #8
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
he poor guy is now already on some of the other forums and blogs top ranked as the most annoying char/sidekick of the new anime season...
what?
this is quite surprising
since I have never ever thought Raki was annoying
Old 2007-05-07, 05:30   Link #9
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, I'll be honest and say that I can see reasons why some people find Raki semi-annoying, but he gets extra shaft for it because he's male. It happens.

Raki's shown in better light following the Theresa flashback, and while he's far from the brightest bulb of a weak sidekick character, I don't think he's bad. He's a representation of attachment similarly to how Clare was to Theresa, but at the same time, he's different.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-07, 06:52   Link #10
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post

I saw that as more of a way for Clare to get Raki to listen (would sure work on any of us here)
Their is also the fact that, at the time, Raki is quite young , although that is not to say when Raki is older their relationship can develop that way.
I would not be suprised at all though if they headed that direction later on.

As for people not liking Raki in the anime so far, hopefully they grow more attached to him after the Teresa arc, especially when it comes to Ophelia

Last edited by Fenrir_valindri; 2007-05-07 at 06:52. Reason: typo
Old 2007-05-07, 12:10   Link #11
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
what?
this is quite surprising
Easy. The source of it, is envy. He is the nearest male bye her side. They envy/hate Raki, for be Clare's friend or lover, the reader/viewer should be it.

Thats my truth about it, i don't give it to much into it. I'm 34 years old, others must going trough what everybody goes trough with 13-18 Years....

Why do you think Lara croft has no boyfriend?. Because Lara croft is the girlfriend who is playing on the PC/Console. Mostly boys.

Oh, I'm drifting into Psychologies ... Sorry, i stop now
Old 2007-05-07, 12:17   Link #12
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
what?
this is quite surprising
He was leading with 40% of 200+ votes cast. Easily 4x the vote of his nearest challenger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Easy. The source of it, is envy. He is the nearest male bye her side. They envy/hate Raki, for be Clare's friend or lover, the reader/viewer should be it.

Thats my truth about it, i don't give it to much into it. I'm 34 years old, others must going trough what everybody goes trough with 13-18 Years....

Why do you think Lara croft has no boyfriend?. Because Lara croft is the girlfriend who is playing on the PC/Console. Mostly boys.

Oh, I'm drifting into Psychologies ... Sorry, i stop now

I actually like Manga Raki, at the least i didn't dislike him. But something about the anime ver of Raki makes me want to strangle him
Old 2007-05-07, 12:50   Link #13
Seska

Well, hes a boy. That was thrown into the deep cold water. He is learning little by little, what Claymore are or Clare's true feelings is about.

Give him time. Let him grown in the Shoes, that the Anime gives him.
Old 2007-05-07, 14:07   Link #14
Seska

Btw, C8+1 is out... Find it in the world wide web...

OMG, i need to restrain myself. Now the Pictures has letters that i can understand... I'm on the frontier to spoil myself the fun to watch the Anime. i need to hit the breaks... Full stop.

Raw Manga is harmless, while i only can guess the story and gist. But, with translated text. It is complete other level for me...

I must restrain myself....

(This post is for readers, to stop before they across the line of no turn back. if i cross the line, i'm sorry and you can Slap me. *avoiding some names *)

Last edited by Seska; 2007-05-07 at 15:13.
Old 2007-05-07, 14:12   Link #15
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Just found that out myself but dont you mean 10-1?
Old 2007-05-07, 15:17   Link #16
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:

OMG, i need to restrain myself. Now the Pictures has letters that i can understand... I'm on the frontier to spoil myself the fun to watch the Anime. i need to hit the breaks... Full stop.

Raw Manga is harmless, while i only can guess the story and gist. But, with translated text. It is complete other level for me...

I must restrain myself....
Quote:
Just found that out myself but dont you mean 10-1?
OMG you guys are both right..

Thanks for the info downloading now.. hopefully I can read at least 1 volume this evening

And yeah actually fully understanding what is spoken is makes this kickass series a tenfold better.

I have pre-ordered volume 8 from archonia.com however it will be released on 5 june sigh...
Old 2007-05-07, 18:27   Link #17
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

I just read volume 9, and I have to say that this manga has turned into my favorite.

Spoiler for for volume 9:
Old 2007-05-07, 18:59   Link #18
Key Board
Carbon

Raki is not appreciated for the same reason Puck from Berserk is not appreciated

as for Clare...

her priorities is constantly changing.. constantly

first it was all about Theresa
then she had Raki's well being to consider too
now she's starting to think less like a Claymore, getting more allies and even *GASP* people she can consider as FRIENDS
Old 2007-05-07, 19:42   Link #19
Child_of_Sierra

Argh , its far too difficult to stop once I start reading 8, volume 7's cliffhanger was tolerable but 8's ante up the plot too much for me to ignore 9 and I'm guessing it goes downhill from there.

Spoiler for volume 8 question:
Old 2007-05-07, 20:03   Link #20
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

- Dumb Goofy Look- Vol 8 is out I never knew that Must get it soon : )