Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-01-22, 04:46   Link #21
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Anyway .. As for your original post, I doubt there would be much need for anime on usenets. I mean, why bother ? Torrents are free and fast, Usenet costs money .. I just don't see it. Then there's Megaupload and such, but they're always slower than torrents so again .. Why use file hosting services ?
The main benefits of usenet are speed and security/privacy. (good) newshosts don't keep logs, and offer SSL. Thus you're entirely immune to DMCA, which is becoming a larger issue with torrents as time goes by.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 18:36   Link #22
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Well, I already have the website mostly done. Functionality-wise it's done. I just need to stylize the website.

I might add in a forum feature in it. Actually, I'm going to do it, just for fun.

Only thing keeping me from purchasing a domain and hosting is whether people will use it or not.
Old 2011-01-22, 18:40   Link #23
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
I might add in a forum feature in it. Actually, I'm going to do it, just for fun.
I'd advise against it. Anime communities are a nightmare to moderate (AS is still the only good one around, due to very strict rules). Unless you simply don't care about it turning in to another 2ch/4chan.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 19:33   Link #24
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
I'd advise against it. Anime communities are a nightmare to moderate (AS is still the only good one around, due to very strict rules). Unless you simply don't care about it turning in to another 2ch/4chan.
I can just recruit mods. Biggest problem is that I developed the website using Ruby on Rails, and hosting is more expensive than if I were to develop in PHP.

I could just develop it in PHP, but it would take me significantly more time.

We'll see.
Old 2011-01-22, 19:42   Link #25
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Even with mods, forums are still a bastard to moderate. If anything, copy the system on this board. This is one of the most successful large boards I've seen, because trolls and the like are dealt with quickly are ruthlessly (if that makes sense to use ruthlessly).

Or, you can use a membership request style system, and put new users on a probation. That works for smaller boards to restrict trolls.