AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-08-26, 11:48   Link #7681
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Unlikely. This isn't even written by Ryuukishi, people would claim that it isn't canon anyway.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 12:07   Link #7682
Drifloon

There's no way that Piece-Erika could exist in Prime, and revealing the truth would run counter to the entire message of the game.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 17:02   Link #7683
Asuka0NK

Exactly thats why I said it is far-fetched and stupid. And if it isn't written by Ryukishi then what's the point really?
Old 2012-08-26, 17:37   Link #7684
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

At worst, it's somebody's Umineko forgery in manga form. To me, that sounds well worth reading, so I'll look forward to the day it gets translated. It sounds like good fun. A proper mystery story for once, if the info is to be believed.

There's also always a chance, however slim, that Ryukishi might have given the author a bit of unrevealed canon plot info to hand out in this manga. That would be a bit cruel, mind, because this manga would inevitably be considered non-canonical. (Is Ryukishi that fiendish, to only be willing to give out certain details in circumstances where nobody would take them as canon?)
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 17:53   Link #7685
Asuka0NK

I am hoping it is canon. I mean the Extra Higurashi arcs weren't written by Ryukishi but he still considers Miotsukushi-hen the true ending even though he didn't write it but still was a part of it. So maybe Ryukishi isn't the writer but as long as he takes part in it just a little it could probably be considered canon. I wonder when it would even take place because unlike Higurashi, Umineko leaves very little leeway for extra arcs because there is no times for it to take place. Such as why I'm putting my Umineko fangame as a what-if.
Old 2012-08-26, 18:25   Link #7686
Joeyscraggy

According to the scans from this page: http://snm.5d6d.net/thread-31212-1-1.html
the relationship Battler-Beato is the same from the question arcs, that makes the presence of Erika seem a little weird, so the story is in a non-canon timeline i think?
BTW, can someone translate it? it's on chinese
Joeyscraggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 19:54   Link #7687
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka0NK View Post
I am hoping it is canon. I mean the Extra Higurashi arcs weren't written by Ryukishi but he still considers Miotsukushi-hen the true ending even though he didn't write it but still was a part of it. So maybe Ryukishi isn't the writer but as long as he takes part in it just a little it could probably be considered canon. I wonder when it would even take place because unlike Higurashi, Umineko leaves very little leeway for extra arcs because there is no times for it to take place. Such as why I'm putting my Umineko fangame as a what-if.
Ryukishi absolutely -never- stated that Miotsukishi was the "true" end. Even more so when Matsuribayashi was added in the DS kizuna series, which was released AFTER the PS2 version. So much for a "true" end.
In fact, it has been assumed as a "true ending" when fans realized it was bittersweet compared to Matsuribayashi, until they only realized it wasn't even written by Ryukishi to begin with. I think the wikipedia was a huge factor to this extremely weird assumption.
Old 2012-08-26, 20:06   Link #7688
Asuka0NK

Alright I just remember reading somewhere a long time ago that Miotsukushi-hen was the true ending. But I guess not. Well I guess that is good because I hated the ending of Miotsukushi-hen with
Spoiler for Just to be safe:

I'm just gonna guess that it is a choice of whatever ending you want to be true since both can happen without contradicting each other so I'm just gonna go with that the story splits after Minagoroshi-hen to one of those two.
Old 2012-08-27, 10:27   Link #7689
maximilianjenus
[E]

yeah, people called it "true end" because it follow the bitter sweet standar of "true ends", true end being the concept of a bitter sweet ending (and more, but I am not up to writing the definition of a true end atm); but that never means it was the canonical ending of it; it became even more apparent as how higurashi rei makes it more obvious how the "happy end" we got in kai is actually pretty bitter sweet compared to a real happy end (like, several kids being orphaned, etc...)
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 11:29   Link #7690
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Was Miotsukishi-hen and all the other stupid arcs written by Ryukishi in the first place? Because if not, then why the hell would anyone call it a 'true ending'?

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 11:53   Link #7691
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I think "true ending" in the context of visual novels has a slightly different meaning from what its apparent meaning would suggest.

I guess nobody really wanted to imply that miotsukishi-hen is canon and all the rest isn't. It doesn't even make sense considering how Higurashi is structured.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 08:16   Link #7692
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

I don't really know about that, there are many 'smartasses' in Youtube claiming that it's the real ending. Plus, Higurashi is a cinetic novel, so it's a little different from ordinary visual novels that can have multiple endings.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 10:16   Link #7693
maximilianjenus
[E]

rule #1 of the internet, ignore youtube comments.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 15:27   Link #7694
Uberzaki

I was wondering if it was possible to get lossless versions of the awesome BGM of this game? Because once you go FLAC you never go back~~

-----------------------------------

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni Name Meanings and Origins
Uberzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 17:24   Link #7695
CrimsonMoonMist

There's the BGM folders where the music is stored, doesn't get any more lossless than that.
CrimsonMoonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 18:49   Link #7696
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

I'm not sure, but it's possible that the BGM might be available in higher-quality audio on the soundtracks CDs, or perhaps the PS3 releases.

That said, the audio used by the game itself is already very good quality. Unlike the Higurashi question arcs, which were actually painful to listen to at times…
Old 2012-09-20, 10:52   Link #7697
Ninjaneko

Help?

I hope I am replying to the right section but I need some help regarding the patch for Umineko. You see, the anime convention that I go to every year was selling a hard copy disk of just episode 5 and 6 together. I bought it and downloaded the patch for the Chiru one that contains the translation for 5-8. I was thinking that the patch might work for the disc, but it could not translate it because the information on the disk was too small. So I was wondering if Witch-Hunt has a separate English patch for this disk or what should I do? Is there a place where I can get the hard copy of the VNs? I looked but they seem to be out of stock. I downloaded the first four VNs off Witch-Hunt's website, but my computer crashed so I lost that information and I really do not want to download the games again because I am afraid of losing it.
Ninjaneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 18:10   Link #7698
RandomAvatarFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Message View Post
The EP6 and 7 release downloads are still enabled:
Episode 6: Windows installer, OSX installer, standalone zip
Episode 7: Windows installer, OSX installer, standalone zip
There you are ;-)
You can get 1-4 and 5-8 from stores such as Mandarake or AmiAmi, and the Witch-Hunt site has links to these stores. You can also download Episodes 5-8 from Witch-Hunt the same way you got 1-4, and the up-to-date patch will work for it.

In case you weren't aware, each disc contains the preceding episodes: Disc 4 has EP1-4, and Disc 8 has 5-8, so you don't need to keep buying another six discs to complete it.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 06:22   Link #7699
CrimsonMoonMist

Paletweb usually get them back in stock after a while, at least Episode 1-4
(in fact, when I bought Higanbana recently I somehow ended up getting EP 1-4 despite it being out of stock).
CrimsonMoonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 07:23   Link #7700
RandomAvatarFan

I prefer Mandarake, because the Nakano store has them on Spot Sale, so they don't really go out of stock, they just order them as they're ordered. I think that's what Spot Sale means...

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation