AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-05, 04:30   Link #81
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Speaking of Escaflowne, I do hope that Sakamoto-san gets either Ran Fan or Mei Chan.
Old 2009-05-05, 08:36   Link #82
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Speaking of Escaflowne, I do hope that Sakamoto-san gets either Ran Fan or Mei Chan.
She'd make a rather good Ran Fan.
Old 2009-05-05, 14:05   Link #83
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
She'd make a rather good Ran Fan.
Oh yes I could definitely see that. I am really dying to find out who they will cast for the Xingese characters.
Old 2009-05-05, 16:54   Link #84
GDB

I could easily see Akira Ishida as Ling.

Either his Xelloss (Slayers) or Hakuba (Detective Conan) voice would work well.
Old 2009-05-05, 17:17   Link #85
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah same here. I'd be pretty amazed if they didn't go with him to voice Ling. The sarcastic tone he uses quite often is perfect for the character.
Old 2009-05-05, 18:45   Link #86
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

Either his Xelloss (Slayers) or Hakuba (Detective Conan) voice would work well.
DO WANT!

Man, that's so obvious and fitting, can't believe I've never thought of it.

I could also see Kouji Yusa doing it though.

As for Ran Fan, Junko Noda would be pretty nice.

And Akeno Watanabe as Olivia. To name some possibilities.

For now my main concern though is that they recast Junichi Suwabe as Greed. It'd be a crime against FMA fandom if they didn't.
Old 2009-05-05, 19:01   Link #87
Kirarakim

Oh yes Akira Ishida would be excellent as Ling. But I think we better not get our hopes up on any voices (including Greed's seiyuu coming back). Otherwise we might be disappointed when they don't choose these voices. Even though it is fun to theorize of course.

I am just going to be content that they brought Paku Romi back because she is even better than she was during the 1st series if that's even possible.
Old 2009-05-05, 20:41   Link #88
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Anyone who voices Olivia has to have a larger-than-life voice. In fact, I find it quite hard to imagine the girls I frequently listen to voicing Olivia. Maybe it's because Olivia is so much larger in size than many anime girls.

Noda Junko as Ran Fan: If she gets that, I say Xing Cai's tone suits her well.

Ishida Akira as Ling: Creepy vibes.
Old 2009-05-05, 21:45   Link #89
Vicious108

Well I could easily see for example Minami Takayama pull it off as Olivia. Though that won't work anymore for obvious reasons.
Old 2009-05-05, 22:04   Link #90
GDB

Gara Takashima could work well for Olivia. Has authority behind her voice, but doesn't sound flat out masculine.
Old 2009-05-05, 22:40   Link #91
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Saiga Mitsuki springs to mind all of a sudden.
Old 2009-05-06, 10:32   Link #92
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am just going to be content that they brought Paku Romi back because she is even better than she was during the 1st series if that's even possible.
Well i've experienced roles by Paku before Ed, and i still believe she did a better job then that. Will agree though, that she's giving it her all and then some for Brotherhood Ed.
Old 2009-05-06, 12:24   Link #93
Kirarakim

Quote:
Well i've experienced roles by Paku before Ed, and i still believe she did a better job then that. Will agree though, that she's giving it her all and then some for Brotherhood Ed.
Ed in the first FMA was actually the first performance I've seen of Paku Romi. I have seen a lot more of her since and she is now one of my top 5 favorite seiyuu.

And she is definitely my favorite female seiyuu who does male voices. She just is very good at them and she makes them all sound unique in some way.
Old 2009-05-06, 23:22   Link #94
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

"Unique"? I don't know. Her "male" voice is probably one of THE most recognisable ones in the industry. Heck, just load an ep of the Sengoku Basara anime with her character in it and listen. You can pick her voice out at once.
Old 2009-05-07, 07:39   Link #95
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
"Unique"? I don't know. Her "male" voice is probably one of THE most recognisable ones in the industry. Heck, just load an ep of the Sengoku Basara anime with her character in it and listen. You can pick her voice out at once.
Just because it's easy to notice her male voice doesn't mean it's not Unique. There's many forms of unique.
Old 2009-05-08, 00:29   Link #96
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

No matter. I'm waiting for the Halibel-Hitsu fight to be animated.
Old 2009-05-08, 06:24   Link #97
Kirarakim

Quote:
Just because it's easy to notice her male voice doesn't mean it's not Unique. There's many forms of unique.
Exactly, I am not saying I don't recognize her voice but I just feel the type of characters she voices are all a bit different.

Just compare Popo in Kaiba, Haraken in Dennou Coil, and Ed in FMA, all very different characters but she still pulls off these differences perfectly. Not to mention her female characters like Nana & Temari. Of course I am not saying all her characters sound different because when you voice so many different ones eventually you are going to have similarities but I still feel she has a pretty good range.

On another note I was re-watching episode 5 and I also noticed that Paku Romi's pronunciation of Al & Alphonse is almost perfect. Most of the seiyuu will add a vowel sound at the end but she gets them pretty close to the actual name pronunciation.
Old 2009-05-08, 23:05   Link #98
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Same thing with Hawkeye. Orikasa-san's version is definitely more gentle than Neya-san's.
I still prefer Neya's though; her voice has a 'sharper' feel to it, for lack of better word. Just thought it as more appropriate since she has gone through a lot with the Ishbal thing in the East.

I can't help but <facepalm> when there's a slight sound of Rukia-ish voice from Orikasa in ep.5. Maybe that's just me
Old 2009-05-09, 00:13   Link #99
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Exactly, I am not saying I don't recognize her voice but I just feel the type of characters she voices are all a bit different.

Just compare Popo in Kaiba, Haraken in Dennou Coil, and Ed in FMA, all very different characters but she still pulls off these differences perfectly. Not to mention her female characters like Nana & Temari. Of course I am not saying all her characters sound different because when you voice so many different ones eventually you are going to have similarities but I still feel she has a pretty good range.

On another note I was re-watching episode 5 and I also noticed that Paku Romi's pronunciation of Al & Alphonse is almost perfect. Most of the seiyuu will add a vowel sound at the end but she gets them pretty close to the actual name pronunciation.
Well, if the basic character dynamics are the same, she'll pick the voice which she uses the most often for such roles. Unlike in the West, there are so many seiyuu that to stand out, it's often not your range that helps. It's how well you do a relatively limited range.

Many vet seiyuu do have range. I think there is a famous clip which has Ishida Akira doing 7 voices back to back.
Old 2009-05-09, 22:00   Link #100
11strikes
before midnight

I kind of miss the arrogant sounding voice of Mustang's original Japanese VA. The new guy makes him sound a little sleazier--not really out of character or anything, but just different I guess. New VA probably suits his appearance more, actually.
Closed Thread