AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-10, 00:51   Link #101
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11strikes View Post
I kind of miss the arrogant sounding voice of Mustang's original Japanese VA. The new guy makes him sound a little sleazier--not really out of character or anything, but just different I guess. New VA probably suits his appearance more, actually.
I have to agree with that. I really enjoyed Okawa Toru's Mustang - especially after I listened to the Hagaren Song File. He had a good voice... I'm also sad that Riza's seiyu changed, too. Jeez. All my faves.
Old 2009-05-10, 16:42   Link #102
Vicious108

Okawa had sly and arrogant Mustang down perfectly. So far Miki has been rather disappointing in that department, though they've been cutting a lot of those kind of Roy scenes, so it's not only his fault.

Anyways, after hearing the new voice of Winry, it still doesn't make sense to me why they went for that no name instead of freaking Megumi Toyoguchi, who was pretty spot on already.
Old 2009-05-10, 17:03   Link #103
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Even if some people found that the voice actors used in the first series were perfect, i still like the fact that they're giving fresh new talents a go. Winry's new voice is growing on me a lot.

Regarding Miki, i've seen a lot of shows with him in before, so i already know that he can deliver the type of Mustang i want to hear from the manga. A little bit of that was shown in episode 5.
Old 2009-05-10, 17:05   Link #104
Kirarakim

I loved Roy's seiyuu from the 1st anime. In fact he was my favorite besides Paku Romi. But you know I don't think manga!Roy is supposed to be that sly and arrogant like 1st anime!Roy came off .

Roy is highly intelligent and capable to me but also a bit more dorky than first anime!Roy. So I don't know I think Miki is pulling off manga!Roy quite well. I think the real test will be when Roy has his moments of awesome in the story.

However I do miss a lot of the Roy/Ed banter. They seem to be cutting a lot of that. Although of course that has nothing to do with the seiyuu.
Old 2009-05-18, 00:18   Link #105
Vicious108

Well it seems Kentarou Itou won't be reprising his role as Barry the Chopper in Brotherhood. Disappointing, seeing as Barry has such a bigger and more awesome role this time around.
Old 2009-05-18, 03:38   Link #106
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Well it seems Kentarou Itou won't be reprising his role as Barry the Chopper in Brotherhood. Disappointing, seeing as Barry has such a bigger and more awesome role this time around.
Only from that one line, i already prefer his new voice (who is that anyway, does anyone know?). It's the kind of voice you know instantly that would be able to handle the comedy approach that Barry has in most of his scenes.

& i also approve of Ross' new voice.
Old 2009-05-18, 06:57   Link #107
kitten320

I really don't like Maria's new voice 0_o
It really doesn't suit her character!
Old 2009-05-18, 21:02   Link #108
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, Saiga's Ross is very tomboyish. As someone has pointed out before, Brotherhood seems to go for softer voices with the ladies.
Old 2009-05-19, 09:24   Link #109
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Only from that one line, i already prefer his new voice (who is that anyway, does anyone know?). It's the kind of voice you know instantly that would be able to handle the comedy approach that Barry has in most of his scenes.

& i also approve of Ross' new voice.
Chalk another one up for commonality with the 00 cast.

He's Umezu Hideyuki, and we last heard him as Ian Vashti.
Old 2009-05-19, 12:17   Link #110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Chalk another one up for commonality with the 00 cast.

He's Umezu Hideyuki, and we last heard him as Ian Vashti.
Nice. I would have never thought he'd be perfect for voicing Barry back when i was hearing him as Ian.
Old 2009-05-21, 21:58   Link #111
Vicious108

Haven't heard him in anything besides 00, so I hope he does a good job with Barry. One of the funniest characters in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, Saiga's Ross is very tomboyish. As someone has pointed out before, Brotherhood seems to go for softer voices with the ladies.
Indeed, and so far I probably prefer the less soft ones. FMA's ladies can be pretty tough after all. Hope they'll at least know better than to give Izumi or Olivier a soft voice too.
Old 2009-05-21, 22:53   Link #112
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, in the manga, one subplot does have that guy having a crush on Ross (can't remember the name, starts with B, I believe). Also, Riza shows her rather soft side as well.

Izumi should be appearing soon. As for Olivia, she's still some distance away.
Old 2009-05-22, 03:48   Link #113
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Speaking of Olivier, oh wow i wonder who they'll get to voice her.

I still have my fingers crossed that we'll get Sakamoto Maaya for Ranfan Lanfan & Akira Ishida as Ling.
Old 2009-05-22, 05:12   Link #114
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Speaking of Olivier, oh wow i wonder who they'll get to voice her.

I still have my fingers crossed that we'll get Sakamoto Maaya for Ranfan Lanfan & Akira Ishida as Ling.
After their stint in the third game, I want them as well.

As for Olivier, maybe Neya-san or Saiga-san would return for her. Saving the "manly" woman's voice for her.
Old 2009-05-22, 14:27   Link #115
Vicious108

Eh, I'd rather they'd avoid seiyuu from the previous series returning to voice different characters. It's weird enough getting used to Kimblee becoming Havoc and Fuery becoming Gluttony.

As for Olivier, I can think of a half dozen good choices for her. Akeno Watanabe or Atsuko Tanaka, for example.
Old 2009-05-29, 15:10   Link #116
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
As for Olivier, I can think of a half dozen good choices for her. Akeno Watanabe or Atsuko Tanaka, for example.
OMFG! Atsuko Tanaka would be perfect for Olivier, if not her then Junko Minagawa! Akeno Watanabe or Yu Kobayashi would be a good choice for Ranfan. Tomoe Hanba could pull off Ranfan or Mei, maybe even both.
Old 2009-06-03, 09:21   Link #117
Evil Sis
Mushi mushi...

Believe me or not, when I first watched FMA 1, for a few first episodes I thought Riza was a man (I remembered her hair being short at that time but I'm not sure), also when Maria Ross was first introduced I mistook her for a man too!

Well, having tomboyish voices for ladies can cause some mistakes I guess (at least for someone like me )
Old 2009-06-03, 11:36   Link #118
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sis View Post
Believe me or not, when I first watched FMA 1, for a few first episodes I thought Riza was a man (I remembered her hair being short at that time but I'm not sure), also when Maria Ross was first introduced I mistook her for a man too!

Well, having tomboyish voices for ladies can cause some mistakes I guess (at least for someone like me )
Riza wouldn't hisitate in shooting you if she heard such comments. Reminds me of a certain after talk with the author, Hiromu Arakawa.

I don't know how someone would mistake both Riza or Ross to be male when they both look very femine in the face.
Old 2009-06-03, 14:04   Link #119
Evil Sis
Mushi mushi...

Well, I've just rewatched the first episodes and yeah, you're right about Hawkeye! It's such a mystery how I mistook her for a guy before, her hair was short, but her voice was womanly enough, I must have been half asleep while I was watching those eps back then

However, Ross surely looked like a man there's no doubt about it, especially the voice. But certainly, she has as feminine a face as Hawkeye in the new FMA

PS: Oh Hawkeye please don't shoot me, I know I have some problems with my eyes already ! ^^
Old 2009-06-03, 21:28   Link #120
Vicious108

Eh, looking feminine in the face isn't really enough to be certain that the character is female when it comes to anime. Though FMA is an exception to that usual rule, with most of its characters actually looking like their supposed gender. Envy probably being the only real trap.

And yeah Mitsuki Saiga's voice does get pretty manly. Definitely not the case with Kaori Nazuka though. And speaking of her, it'll be interesting to hear her

Spoiler for Manga/Brotherhood 10:
Closed Thread