AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-08-10, 10:13   Link #1
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
What's the most regrettable action you've ever done?

As for me, I let a possible relationship slip by because of my idiocy and stupidity. It was just plain stupid. Like they say, you never know what you've got 'til it's gone. So true. It was just so regrettable. T_T
Old 2010-08-10, 10:34   Link #2
Ballad
robots & skateboards

I'm trying to think of something really stupid I've done. I know one thing that sticks out is mess things up with a girl that I think I'm in love with, but that's too cliched. I honestly can't think of anything else I regret as much as that, so that is it I guess.
Old 2010-08-10, 11:49   Link #3
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

not getting a job as soon I graduated high school I wanted to spend my last free summer doing nothing before going to work and working the rest of my life until I retire. If I would have known that our other car was going to get taken away in July I would have got a job before summer was over to help pay the bills for it.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 11:52   Link #4
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Being stupid and getting a concussion.
Old 2010-08-10, 12:04   Link #5
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I have a problem with seeing people in the hospital because I just don't like to see them in that state. When my grandmother was sick in the hospital with cancer, I was out of town, in another state and I elected to stay another few weeks, she died before I got back, so I never got to kiss my grandma and tell her I love her that last time.

Last edited by ttdestroy; 2010-08-10 at 12:05. Reason: spelling
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 12:09   Link #6
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I regret having regrets that turned me hateful.

Let's leave it at that.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 14:22   Link #7
Zotis
Rank #35

I regret picking on my little brother so much when we were kids.
Old 2010-08-10, 14:49   Link #8
Dralha

Pushing my younger brother to the ground in a rage during a ... rather tumultuous time. It's still very vivid. I can hear his cry and the sound of the gravel as he slid a bit, the pale light of a street lamp illuminating the scene. He got up and ran into the darkness. If I ever feel the need to release some stress, I conjure this moment and let the tears flow.
Old 2010-08-10, 15:02   Link #9
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Good topic.

Like everyone, I have many regrets. I'll try not to get into specifics...
  • Automobile accidents (fault and at-fault).
  • Failed relationships (should have done A, B, or not done X, Y).
  • Attempted relationships (should have known that trying was futile).
  • Buying A at X while it's cheaper at Y.
  • Buying A while B is free and better. *cough*True Tears DVD*cough*
  • Overlooking the fontina & prosciutto pizza that my dad made (we have a pizza oven in the backyard) at dinner the other night.
Old 2010-08-10, 15:24   Link #10
JRendell
Manga Addict

*ahem*

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=90997
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 16:40   Link #11
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
Well, I wouldn't think they were really the same thing. After all, you can wonder "wtf was I thinking?" without actually regretting your actions. You can also regret your actions even if you know exactly what you were thinking at the time.

Personally, I don't regret anything. Lots of messed up stuff has happened, but I always did the best I could at the time. Sure, some things could have turned out better, but I don't wish that they had. For whatever reason I was not equipped to make them turn out well, so I don't regret the way they did turn out. Plus, even though I might not have been able to get things right in the past, at least I know to do things differently should I ever be presented with the same situations sometime in the future.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 01:04   Link #12
yoropa
Director

Oddly, not that much. From high school it's just not pursuing that one girl for a relationship. Actually apart from that, I don't have any regrets, I've accepted what happened (whether or not I'm happy about this is something completely different).
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 15:33   Link #13
Kittenlady

More often than not, I regret thing's I haven't done than things I've done.

I suppose if I had to choose though, it would be telling my sister something that, after a long chain of events, led to my brother in law becoming a fugitive.
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 16:04   Link #14
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
We all have regrets, and to me, it's not so much regrets that I am concerned with, but what I can do about them. But the thread is about the most regrettable action I've ever done, and that's difficult to say.

There was one particular woman I got involved with, who was "taken" at the time, and from one point of view I regret it because of how things up. But truth be told, I still enjoyed my time with her, so as selfish as it might seem, I regret telling a particular friend about it. The friend, at the time, had noticed my depression and offered to do what she could to help me feel better, so I told her I had been seeing this woman in secret, because it did feel good to confess and tell someone.

But far from being supportive to help lift me out of my depression, she publicly called me a liar and told everyone what I said. Being as that usually everyone believes a woman over a man, a number of friends and acquaintances abandoned me.

So thus, I regret trusting in friends and in friendship, because they always end up leaving or betraying you. Happens again and again; I trust people with my inner feelings and secrets, and they leave.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 16:09   Link #15
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
We all have regrets, and to me, it's not so much regrets that I am concerned with, but what I can do about them. But the thread is about the most regrettable action I've ever done, and that's difficult to say.

There was one particular woman I got involved with, who was "taken" at the time, and from one point of view I regret it because of how things up. But truth be told, I still enjoyed my time with her, so as selfish as it might seem, I regret telling a particular friend about it. The friend, at the time, had noticed my depression and offered to do what she could to help me feel better, so I told her I had been seeing this woman in secret, because it did feel good to confess and tell someone.

But far from being supportive to help lift me out of my depression, she publicly called me a liar and told everyone what I said. Being as that usually everyone believes a woman over a man, a number of friends and acquaintances abandoned me.

So thus, I regret trusting in friends and in friendship, because they always end up leaving or betraying you. Happens again and again; I trust people with my inner feelings and secrets, and they leave.
*sniff* This made #4 of the most saddest stories I have ever heard. (Not Sarcastic)

Last edited by Hooves; 2010-08-11 at 19:31.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 20:23   Link #16
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
I'm pretty good at having 20/20 hind-sight...
but besides for some small things, I don't think I've yet done anything so bad that I wished I had never been born (well, there were times, but in the scheme of things they ended up not being that significant)
but there are a few things that I wonder what would have been if I had taken a different path or tried something different....

School Rumble 4Ever!
I'm on FB search "jym cl"
mindovermatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 02:11   Link #17
yoropa
Director

Quote:

This is a common story for me. Not so much in terms of relationships, but more in terms of trusting people. From experience, I stopped lending things to people that I wanted back. If it was a pencil I didn't care about, sure, but something like a video game that I paid $50 for? Would never lend it. Not even to the people I'm closest with, except one, and that's only certain things. But having said that, that exception actually trusts me with stuff well over $100, because he knows from my nature of never lending anything out, as well as my nature to organize and always know where everything is at all times, I won't lose it and I will return it. And I have always done the same.

Now of course, if I'm that stingy about sharing physical items, imagine how stingy I'd be on personal thoughts in person (on the internet, I go wild). Despite that, and like the earlier story, the few people who will talk to me invest their own thoughts into me, partially because I can approach their situations with more logic, and partially because, like with the above, I don't share too easily.

But it's not something I regret, it's something I've accepted about myself. Without that character trait, I'd be somebody else entirely, I wouldn't be me. I don't think you should necessarily regret your lack of trust in people. You can regret that scenario sure, but I find the concept of regretting aspects of yourself to be somewhat silly. Now again, that doesn't mean you're not allowed to question or be saddened by the way you act, but I feel that regret shouldn't happen in that instance. Of course this is because I have weird attachments to words and am specific in my adjectives when discussing personal feelings, so maybe none of this makes any sense to anybody other than me, but I'll still assert my opinion that regretting who you are is never a good thing.
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 10:25   Link #18
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I don't lend things to my friends either. It can complicate a relationship if one person owes the other something.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 22:27   Link #19
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
Quote:

Oh my, that's just terrible.
Old 2010-08-12, 22:50   Link #20
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Playing World of Warcraft.