5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 7.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 7.14%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-07-24, 20:47   Link #41
Ultragunner

^not to mention we actually get a female Frankenstein('s monster) as a moe Berserker
Heck, even Mondred turns out to be a a playful and endearing tomboy

Well, it seems that pretty much all the Servants in Apocrypha are not very damaged or twisted, especially when compared to some in other Fate series
Old 2017-07-24, 21:25   Link #42
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
Yeah, i have to agree with you on this. It's true that the Fate series always had a little bit of otaku bait with all the genderswap characters, but this timeline is flooded with that stuff that totally contrast with the darker and more serious atmosphere this franchise delivered so far. It's impossible for me to take these characters serious even when they do nice things, like what Astolfo did in this episode, because Astolfo's design and childish speech is pure cringe..lol. This almost seems to be a different genre/type just like what happened in Fate/Prisma Illya, for example. I have to admit this is not necessarily a bad thing. It gives more diversity and something different from the usual Fate stuff. It's actually a nice way to use the different timelines. It's just not my thing tho. I guess i will have to wait for the Heaven's Feel movie if i want something more in the lines of Fate/Zero. At least, i hope so
Yep, I can see Catlanta (I’ll call her that from now on) works really well in a lighthearted show like Carnival Phantasm or the various Fate omake episodes. I would love to see her in those. Heck, make a comedy show with the servants as beast-people and I’ll watch the hell out of it like Etotama (FSN Lancer can be the dogboy who likes fishing all the time) .

As for Heaven's Feel movies, I advise to tone down your expectation so that you won't be disappointed with the result. I'm saying this coz I've seen fans overhyping it like it's the Second Coming or something. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than sorely disappointed.

Anyway, back to Apoc's story, it’s nice that the novel author is also the writer for this anime. That way, there’ll be no accusation of the anime adaptation not getting what makes the novel great. Any changes in the anime (or lack thereof) are deliberate actions from the guy who owns the story. Still, the problem with this scenario is that: can the author acknowledges or realize the bad parts of his novel and fix it in this different medium? Sometimes, it’s hard to see your own flaws and Higashide is credited as the sole writer of this series. I hope there’s a good synergy between the writer & director in this case.

PS: no Mordy & Go Lion this episode makes me a bit sad.
Old 2017-07-24, 22:58   Link #43
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
It's a little disappointing seeing both Berserk and Saber dying
Berserker of Red is not dead. Just knocked out. Darnic said that he would sever the connection with his Master and form a new contract. He asked Caster, Roche(the boy) and Celenike(the sadistic lady) for help in doing that. He's a pawn now of the Black faction.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-24, 23:19   Link #44
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
What about the other part? Why is it always assumed that the master is nearby? And why is it so surprising when they're not? I always assumed it was because the mana connection becomes thinner across greater distances.
Distance has no effect upon the Bond between Master and Servant. They don't even have to be within a certain vicinity of the Greater Grail. Assassin of Black was summoned in Japan. Most of the Masters in the Fourth Holy Grail War in Fate/Zero sent their Servants out separately, as happened with Lancer and (in several cases) Rider in F/SN.

Strategy or personality will generally dictate whether the Servant and Master appear together. Gordes is a coward and a controller, so he would want Siegfried close to him for protection and for more hands-on control. Golion-san is a down-and-dirty fighter himself, so he would be fighting alongside his Servant whoever it was. Fiore is one of the most gifted and powerful mages in the Fateverse, and is holed up in a fortress besides. As frail as she may seem, she can take care of herself, so she has no problem letting Chiron leave her side to act independently, similarly to how Kayneth handled Lancer in Fate/Zero.
Old 2017-07-25, 06:41   Link #45
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Berserker of Red is not dead. Just knocked out. Darnic said that he would sever the connection with his Master and form a new contract. He asked Caster, Roche(the boy) and Celenike(the sadistic lady) for help in doing that. He's a pawn now of the Black faction.
You are right. I completely forgot that. Then, we might still see Spartacus's Noble Phantasm and that's all i wanted
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-25, 17:10   Link #46
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Is that even possible?
The only instance like that I can remember is Rule Breaker which is a noble phantasm.
All others willingly gave their servants away or where tricked into it. - if they survived loosing their servant to someone else that is.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-25, 17:31   Link #47
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Rule Breaker is an OP hax item that can instantly and effortlessly do something that can also be done through other means, only less instantly and less effortlessly.

Spoiler for Heaven's Feel:
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-26, 21:45   Link #48
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Don't forget we're dealing with a magus in Caster who developed an entire branch of thaumaturgy. Easily comparable to or better than any of the mages who founded the Grail System.
Old 2017-07-27, 06:58   Link #49
PentingWolf

Episode 5 Preview [Eng Sub]
Source:

Last edited by PentingWolf; 2017-07-27 at 09:01. Reason: correction
PentingWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-27, 08:32   Link #50
Twi

BTW: The manga version of the escape has Astolfo use another NP to deal with a magic waterfall and mention being turned into a tree as well.
Old 2017-07-27, 10:01   Link #51
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
To all Astolfo fans

Spoiler for it did hurt w/o dub and translation, it still hurts dubbed and tanslated:
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-29, 01:00   Link #52
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PentingWolf View Post
Episode 5 Preview [Eng Sub]
Source:

Doki Doki no Waku Waku!
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-29, 01:02   Link #53
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Don't forget we're dealing with a magus in Caster who developed an entire branch of thaumaturgy. Easily comparable to or better than any of the mages who founded the Grail System.
Weak in a normal HGW if you don't have money and resources
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-29, 01:21   Link #54
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Does anyone else, FGO players in particular, find the summoning scenes the most adrenaline inducing thing of the entire show?
Old 2017-07-30, 14:42   Link #55
SKP2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
To all Astolfo fans

Spoiler for it did hurt w/o dub and translation, it still hurts dubbed and tanslated:
I don't care as long as I get to nurse him back to health... what's good for (my) goose is good for (his) gander.