AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-25, 20:00   Link #921
Eric10301

Ahhhhh the 1 group subbing Major s5 says they aren't going to do HD releases anymore. I wish there were more groups interested in doing Major when it's such an awesome show.
Eric10301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 00:54   Link #922
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric10301 View Post
Ahhhhh the 1 group subbing Major s5 says they aren't going to do HD releases anymore. I wish there were more groups interested in doing Major when it's such an awesome show.
quit being ungratefull as long as thy sub it you should be happy no reason 2 nitpick. plus im glad they aint gona bother it just mean the subs get done that much more quicker
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 02:58   Link #923
Elvanvitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by madarabe View Post
Great episodes, they even added in an extra scene of Tashiro & Fujii with Nogoro-kun.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for awesome:
Elvanvitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 23:07   Link #924
mit7059

Spoiler for To be safe:

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 07:36   Link #925
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I actually came close to tears in many aspects of episode 2's date.

It's literally been YEARS coming (as in REAL LIFE years... not to mention the story), and the idea of Goro pulling away from everyone was pretty palpable for a while now. And Shimizus (both siblings) putting it out there was actually pretty powerful for me. One of the best dating episodes I've seen in a while. Romance anime or not.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 12:40   Link #926
Elvanvitar

I love the opening theme for this season. And as far as that goes. Did they make a mistake by having him wear #25 at the start? He is seen putting on a #56 jersey for the Japan team later on and well that is his number in the America as well. You can mark it as a spoiler if needed.
Old 2009-01-28, 01:14   Link #927
mit7059

I remember seeing that too, it would matter what team thats for, if its for the major league team and there was someone else on the team who was already 56 he would have to take a different number

Old 2009-01-28, 10:49   Link #928
Elvanvitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit7059 View Post
I remember seeing that too, it would matter what team thats for, if its for the major league team and there was someone else on the team who was already 56 he would have to take a different number
Yeah. Just strange. He is wearing 25 on the apparent warmup team (blue jerseyes) and he has a 25 and 56 on the Japanese term jerseys at 2 different points. Not that it matters. The part with him wearing #25 looks like it may be a scene from the actual series later on instead of made just for the opening.
Old 2009-01-29, 08:10   Link #929
kobun

in the pros you can only have 25 players on the roster... assuming that wbc uses the same rules as the Olympics you can only use i believe up the #25 the number of players on your squad... so i guess its an obvious spoiler that goro is the last player selected on the team...
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 00:41   Link #930
Elvanvitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobun View Post
in the pros you can only have 25 players on the roster... assuming that wbc uses the same rules as the Olympics you can only use i believe up the #25 the number of players on your squad... so i guess its an obvious spoiler that goro is the last player selected on the team...
That is interesting. Didn't know about the number limit in the Olympics.
Old 2009-02-01, 00:08   Link #931
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Goro is one cocky SOB... Leave it to "Ichiro" to show him some humility. Realistically speaking, he had to throw breaking balls before he could ever succeed in the Majors anyway.

I could watch the Shimizu siblings all day - those two are great side characters. I like the balance of baseball and personal drama so far this season.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 01:44   Link #932
Elvanvitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Goro is one cocky SOB... Leave it to "Ichiro" to show him some humility. Realistically speaking, he had to throw breaking balls before he could ever succeed in the Majors anyway.

I could watch the Shimizu siblings all day - those two are great side characters. I like the balance of baseball and personal drama so far this season.
hahaha yeah. I like how they have used Japans 3 biggest MLB stars to date so far. "Nomo" was fun to watch in ep 4.

But yeah for Goro to become the starter that he wants to be he is going to need to learn a good breaking ball. Hell he will probably need a third pitch at some point too. If he were to stay as a relief pitcher he could have success with just a fastball but it limits him.
Old 2009-02-04, 18:27   Link #933
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Spoiler for Episode 106:

Spoiler for Epside 107:

Last edited by FireDetei; 2009-03-03 at 18:04.
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 04:47   Link #934
Elvanvitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDetei View Post
Spoiler for Episode 107:

Spoiler for Epside 108:
Spoiler for cool:
Old 2009-02-08, 21:30   Link #935
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Spoiler for Episode 108:

Spoiler for Preview to 109:

Spoiler for Thoughts:

Last edited by FireDetei; 2009-03-03 at 18:04.
Old 2009-02-10, 04:39   Link #936
Jarppa

Season 5 seems to be best season. This looks cool and Goro is evolving again

Oh and Shimizu is getting screentime too...
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 08:27   Link #937
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvanvitar View Post
hahaha yeah. I like how they have used Japans 3 biggest MLB stars to date so far. "Nomo" was fun to watch in ep 4.

But yeah for Goro to become the starter that he wants to be he is going to need to learn a good breaking ball. Hell he will probably need a third pitch at some point too. If he were to stay as a relief pitcher he could have success with just a fastball but it limits him.
Yeah, it was hilarious to see them use a TOTALLY different face for "Nomo", but that windup is 100% obvious. I just said 'wait, that's Nomo' when watching that.

Also, Gyro Fork? What a scary name for a scary pitch!
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 03:59   Link #938
mit7059

Very interesting, they finally decide to add in another pitch. I guess Goro has had second pitches before (S1, S3, S4) but I find it interesting that they seem to be adding one for real now, especially after the whole Sanchez thing. And a one pitch reliever wouldn't be impossible,especially one that throws 103 (Joel Zumaya) and can locate at 95/96, a one pitch starter would.

Old 2009-02-16, 06:39   Link #939
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Spoiler for Episode 110:

Last edited by FireDetei; 2009-03-03 at 18:03.
Old 2009-02-17, 12:19   Link #940
retracnosna

how does Goro not make a friggin junior team?

he throws 100mph and is pitching at the AAA level in the states

japan is great at baseball and all, but this is kind of silly. Even if his pitch is flat as the ocean he'd still make some stupid juinor team
retracnosna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, shounen, sports