AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-08, 23:56   Link #61
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-13862.html

KYH has been chosen as the most beatiful character of the anime industry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ Congratulations KYH.
She looks good in that black wedding dress !?
Wow. Looks like somebody's ready to tie the knot. Haru's pretty much hit the jackpot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
May God bless her for that...

So I have been reading a little and I can't help it but ask this: is KYH name all that important?

I mean, as it was said before, is like C.C. from Code Geass, we never hear the name and yet when I learn what was it the only thing funny was that is my mother's name, so there is that, but aside from such fact a name doesn't really add that much. Or maybe it does, I don't know and that is why I'm asking.
More like her name might hold a connection to the author's previous work, SAO.
Old 2013-01-09, 00:12   Link #62
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I haven't see that one. I always say I will and end on nothing but now I will check it.

But, just wondering, is SAO from the same universe as Accel World?
Old 2013-01-09, 00:18   Link #63
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
I haven't see that one. I always say I will and end on nothing but now I will check it.

But, just wondering, is SAO from the same universe as Accel World?
No confirmation however certain parts of fandom love to speculate their supposed connection.
Old 2013-01-09, 00:29   Link #64
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I see, thank you.

But even will all of that I do belive KYH is good enough to hold her own being she related to another series or not
Old 2013-01-26, 18:07   Link #65
Rotheos
Platinum Crusader

It was already stated in the LN that they are in the same universe (they have an apparent crossover OVA to be released). I think her name could be Kuro Yuuki Kazuto?
Old 2013-01-26, 20:05   Link #66
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotheos View Post
It was already stated in the LN that they are in the same universe (they have an apparent crossover OVA to be released). I think her name could be Kuro Yuuki Kazuto?

Huh, do you remember the time KYH was sent to the hospital? Her parents sent a lawyer to see her. If she was Kirito and Asuna's child, it would destroy their characterization. If they cherish Yui, their AI child, with so much love and attention, then why won't they do the same for their own flesh and blood?
Old 2013-01-26, 23:57   Link #67
Rotheos
Platinum Crusader

AmuSphere was shown in later episodes of AW showing the universe of both anime/LN is the same. It was stated in the LN that Kuroyukihime was the one who left her home because she pointed a knife at her sister. According to LN. Some support she was kicked out but it was turned down later on.
Old 2013-01-27, 00:03   Link #68
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
AmuSphere was shown in later episodes of AW showing the universe of both anime/LN is the same. It was stated in the LN that Kuroyukihime was the one who left her home because she pointed a knife at her sister. According to LN. Some support she was kicked out but it was turned down later on.
Correction: Nerv-Gear not AmuSphere.

But still, do you really think they would be that drastic to their own daughter? In any case, let's wait until the author confirms his works are on the same timeline.
Old 2013-01-27, 01:09   Link #69
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

I think the author already mentioned that SAO and AW weren't in the same universe, even if Kirito did meet Silver Crow.
Old 2013-01-27, 10:34   Link #70
tsunade666

Quote:
huh really? same universe? from what I remember, be it cosmic or flere or someone that confirmed that its not. Uses same setting but its not. In vol 10 author notes said that.

I check BT but its not translated but from what I remember. This topic was brought up before and now its up again. They is a crossover but its only to satisfy the fans but universe wise. They aren't from the same universe but use same setting. its like how tsukihime and fsn have the same setting but different universe or more like parallel worlds to each other.
Old 2013-01-29, 11:29   Link #71
Shiyumi

Quote:
May God bless her for that...

So I have been reading a little and I can't help it but ask this: is KYH name all that important?

I mean, as it was said before, is like C.C. from Code Geass, we never hear the name and yet when I learn what was it the only thing funny was that is my mother's name, so there is that, but aside from such fact a name doesn't really add that much. Or maybe it does, I don't know and that is why I'm asking.
There are only speculations about her name. You scare me for a moment.
Old 2013-01-29, 14:01   Link #72
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyumi View Post
There are only speculations about her name. You scare me for a moment.
You mean about Kuroyukihime or C.C.?
Old 2013-02-08, 00:52   Link #73
Sunder the Gold

Some information on Black Lotus' specs, as provided by the Okinawan adventure in the Light Novels.

But first, a complaint:

Spoiler:

The Duel Avatar, Black Lotus, is described as the "embodiment of an «Absolute Cutting Property»".

One expression of this property is the ability to inflict damage on the very ground of the Accelerated World. It must be explained that, in order to facilitate duels between the Duel Avatars that -- for one exception -- cannot fly, the ground of every environment is dauntingly hard (if not impossible) to destroy. Even environments with relatively soft surfaces, like soil, snow or sand, will have an impenetrable bedrock not far beneath.

The Black King is able to violate that substance without effort. Moreover, even after deeply thrusting in one blade, she can pull it free just as easily.

Of course, the more often practiced expression of her «Absolute Cutting Property» is the way her her blades will pierce and cut any avatar's armor, no matter how tough or thick it may be.

In the days before her exile, only three Linkers had defenses which could reject her blades. Of course, one of them was Green Grandee, the Invulnerable, who makes his career by shrugging off attacks.

Other than him is listed the "Anomalous" one, Graphite Edge. Since Edge's body is said to have the property of extreme vulnerability to damage even from weak blows, I must assume that either his sword blades were strong enough to withstand being cut, or his defensive skill was equal to the task of turning Lotus' edges aside.

But Blue Knight, the Blue King who is the embodiment of <<Close Range Direct Engagement>> and who wields the Impulse, a Sacred Arc sword, is not listed as one of those capable of surviving Lotus' blades. Either the Impulse is somehow less durable than Graphite Edge's swords, or Graphite Edge is the superior swordsman.

The last avatar on the short list is Chrome Disaster. This is odd, as we know that Black Lotus struck and injured the fourth and fifth Disasters, cutting through their armor and inflicting wounds to the body underneath. Even if the Disasters continued to fight despite injury and pain, and even if they used stolen HP to recover their injuries, that doesn't really change the fact that she successfully injured them. I don't know why the Disasters are included on the list.

Among others in the time since her exile, Yellow Radio might have to be added to the list. At least after he's sufficiently "charged up" his baton.

Moving on, Black Lotus further possesses a passive ability named «Terminate Sword», which automatically amputates any appendage that comes into contact with her blades. It seems odd that she would need such an explicit ability, given that she can already cut through any armor -- it would seem like a matter of course that fingers or arms would simply fall cleanly off with a single, razor caress.

More information is provided on Black Lotus' three known Special Attacks:

Death By Barraging is called a "level 4 special move". It's a side-kicking technique, apparently like Chun-Li's lightning leg. Compared to the Level 5 Lagoon Dolphin's rapid-punching Tidal Wave attack, the striking power of each blow might actually be inferior, but Barraging delivers more hits.

Death By Piercing is called a "level 5 special move" with the property of One-Hit-Kill. The range is inferior to Barraging, and of course it's just a single strike.

Death By Embracing is called a "level 8 special move", also with the property of One-Hit-Kill. Obviously, this attack has the worst range of all, but there's no information on how it is superior to Piercing.

Spoiler:

Now, some weaknesses of Black Lotus are also described:

While Black Lotus' blades can cut virtually anything, they are not themselves invincible. Being very rigid, they can't take blows to the flat sides very well. "When her level was still low, the blades’ sides always broke after being hit too many times."

Of course, anything that she catches on the edged side of her blades will instead be cut. That is, while Lagoon Dolphin might concievable break an arm-blade by punching the flat side, if Lotus blocked with the cutting edge, Dolphin's "fist would have been split in half, and she would lose her right arm up to her shoulder in a swoop."

Presumably, Lotus somehow cannot simply twist her arms at the last moment, so that a striking opponent always hits the edge and not the flat of her blades. Or perhaps this was somehow not a sufficient defense.

Either way, she developed a non-system, non-Incarnate for softly catching attacks on the flats of her arm-blades, and spinning around to throw an opponent with their own momentum. She calls this technique "Soft Act". Silver Crow employed a similar tactic against a Blue avatar during the Yellow Legion ambush, following advice and perhaps a bit of training from her.

The translation is considerably dodgier on this part, but it's possible that Black Lotus suffers from poor balance, or is somewhat easier to knock off-balance.

After all, with her levitating blade-legs, she has no feet to provide traction against the ground. If it weren't for the threat of one's foot being amputated or sliced, opponents might dare to try kicking her legs out from under her.
Old 2013-02-08, 21:47   Link #74
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Isn't the WHOLE POINT of translating the Light Novels into English to make the stories accessible to English speakers? Then why is the English so poor? Why are so many Japanese linguistic quirks left in, when they have no meaning to English speakers?

I appreciate the work the folks at Baka-Tsuki have done to make the stories at least this accessible, but I'm completely baffled at the exact point that their efforts/results come up short.

Do they just need an English proofreader or something? I might gladly volunteer, at least for Accel World.
Well...if you can, sure, go ahead. If you can do a better job than them, that is. I'll be first to admit that the quality of work on BT is what you call subpar at best, but do understand something. BT is not a fansub group, each translator is a unit in a sense in that they work alone (for most projects other than CSR). Thus, whatever the quality you get is dependent on the translator, who also has to play the role of editor and QC. Then again, we've seen far too many people who 'edit', only to show that their English skills aren't any better than the translator in the first place. To be blunt, I'll prefer that people can back their talk.

As for Japanese honorifics and terms, it's a lose-lose situation either way. You leave them in, people complain about how they're redundant to the English text. (Can you find me a direct translation for Kuroyukihime-senpai from romaji to English?). You remove them, and people complain about how they're 'not following the original Japanese text'. People just complain about everything and anything that is available, and this doesn't just apply for BT itself alone, but also as fansubbing for all languages (not just anime, btw).

Back on topic, the speculation on this girl's name...you would think someone would have blurted it out accidentally after how long Haru Haru's been with her.
Old 2013-02-09, 09:56   Link #75
Sunder the Gold

What's odd is that Black Lotus in the old days seems like less of a King than the present day Scarlet Rain.

She was never able to defeat Graphite Edge in a duel. She had one technical victory, and her best friends, Fuuko and Utau, joked that she cheated. What's more, Edge was her mentor and teacher (a role normally already filled by one's parent) and the other Elements followed HIS advice on how to customize their avatars.

Kuroyukihime also reminisces that, despite being the King (with the highest level and Judgment Blow and everything), it seemed like it was her lieutenants calling the shots and pulling her along. Rather like what happened with her and two Okinawan girls.
Old 2013-02-09, 10:08   Link #76
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
What's odd is that Black Lotus in the old days seems like less of a King than the present day Scarlet Rain.

She was never able to defeat Graphite Edge in a duel. She had one technical victory, and her best friends, Fuuko and Utau, joked that she cheated. What's more, Edge was her mentor and teacher (a role normally already filled by one's parent) and the other Elements followed HIS advice on how to customize their avatars.

Kuroyukihime also reminisces that, despite being the King (with the highest level and Judgment Blow and everything), it seemed like it was her lieutenants calling the shots and pulling her along. Rather like what happened with her and two Okinawan girls.
Spoiler for Answer:

@Teh_Ping. That's actually a good question. How come nobody casually blurted out her real name? Haru, understandable. Taku and other, why?

Last edited by orpheus2; 2013-02-09 at 10:37.
Old 2013-02-09, 10:27   Link #77
Sunder the Gold

Takumu immediately made it his habit to call her Master. Otherwise, she'd be Senpai. She's definitely Senpai to Haruyuki and Chiyuri.

Simple.

WHY is her name so interesting? It is one of the least interesting things about her as a person, especially since she doesn't need any fabled connection to the characters of another series to be interesting herself.

You know what's a far more gripping mystery? Why no one rubbed out Aqua Current after she was busted back to Level 1. It's not like she went into hiding like Black Lotus or Sky Raker.

No one even mentions or seems to know she was a member of the Black Legion. Takumu only knew her as The One, the famous bodyguard.
Old 2013-02-09, 10:32   Link #78
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Takumu immediately made it his habit to call her Master. Otherwise, she'd be Senpai. She's definitely Senpai to Haruyuki and Chiyuri.

Simple.

WHY is her name so interesting? It is one of the least interesting things about her as a person, especially since she doesn't need any fabled connection to the characters of another series to be interesting herself.

You know what's a far more gripping mystery? Why no one rubbed out Aqua Current after she was busted back to Level 1. It's not like she went into hiding like Black Lotus or Sky Raker.

No one even mentions or seems to know she was a member of the Black Legion. Takumu only knew her as The One, the famous bodyguard.
What about her Elements, Fuuko and Utai specifically?

Spoiler for Aqua Current Speculation:
Old 2013-02-09, 11:08   Link #79
Sunder the Gold

Fuuko already has a heartfelt nickname for her, which is what she'd reflexively call out in a moment of excitement. In the event that Fuuko wants to talk business or scold, she can call her Black Lotus or Black King.

I've already covered that, perhaps even in this very thread.

Can't speak for Utai.

I'm pretty sure that someone would be curious that the Level One avatar has the exact same name, and would at least ask around. And that they'd get more suspicious about there being a secon avatar made purely of water.

Besides, the enemy that de-leveled her was one of the four guardian beasts. It's possible that she's not the only one to have felt its effects.
Old 2013-02-09, 20:38   Link #80
Sunder the Gold

Does anyone think that Megumi might have a crush on Kuroyuki?

She was VERY enthusiastic about having her all to herself, spent as much time on the trip with her as possible, cooked for her, bathed her...

When Kuroyuki thanked her for becoming her friend a year or so ago, Megumi apologized and said that there was something she should have said earlier... maybe that she approached Kuroyuki hoping for a romantic relationship?

There also was her jealous reaction on the train (in the anime, at least) when Haruyuki immediately snatched away KYH's attention. She even resented Kuroyukihime's "other world", and would have unplugged her during the Sulphur Pot fight if not for some strange intervention by her own younger self.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters