AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-05-17, 13:12   Link #2821
B2-Lancer

Quote:
She wished exactly for that. The simple "let there be no witches" wish would flop when Madoka herself became one, and even if she worded it as "no MORE witches", there would stil be ruined lives of all the magical girls before her. Madoka really chose the most efficient and grandest option.
Madoka sacrificed the world and family she knew by doing the "let there" than "no more" bit -- wonder if she understood that after telling mom she'd be back. Alright, so the premise was Maddy actually goes back in time to nip witches in the bud -- er, in the gem. Then right after that first go, Q.B. manufactuering anymore magical girls would've been pointless since witches got aborted even before they were conceived because Madoka sucked up dark stains before they could flower any (whereby creating a whole new history timeline based on non-witch magic girls, which would explain why her mom don't know she ever had a daughter at the end.) To me, that logic train suggests this new crop of dark beasties must've somehow developed the moment Maddy "interfered" with the first magical girl becoming a witch (who now would be the only "real" original magic girl designed to be and fight witches) and successive magic girls were then designed to fight these new beasties. Q.B. must've instantly created them to replace Witches from the get go or why bother creating magic girls which can't evolve into witches throughout time? So said, with Maddy now operating as The Force cancelling out the dark stain from ever becoming Grief Seeds, where else did the beasties come from (if not from Madoka herself somehow)? I can't review, but are these new beasties totally independent of magic girls or somehow a werid flip side of them that involves no dark witch penelties to magic girls as before? My guesses and speculations look forward to the pending light novel to delve into that.
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 00:29   Link #2822
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
Oh it prolly also has an effect in amount. I mean a lot of people did die(may their souls rest in peace) in the quake.
i agree. who knows how much it could have surpassed bake if not of the quake.

and yeah, may their souls rest in peace...
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 05:37   Link #2823
B2-Lancer

Well, knowing how sly and conniving Q.B. is, I'm sure he's still getting his pound of flesh from the girls in some sneaky other way now to juice-up his plans, and I have a funny idea it's along the lines of "The Dark Crystal"; in the last scene with Kyoko and Mami and Homura together, it seems that (to them) Sayaka suddenly disappears after giving her all in in some kind of battle and Mami says that's the way we magical girls go out (or some such). Could it be now magic girls are fighting their own or another's dopplegangers now? Just a notion. Waiting on the novel.
Old 2011-05-18, 08:31   Link #2824
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
wonder if she understood that after telling mom she'd be back.
Actually... she didn't say that...

So far wecan only speculate on demons, aside from Homura stating they come from negative distortions in the world. But it's not too far-fetched to speculate that they either were born as distortions of wishes violating the laws of logic (Kyuubey mentioned these distortions) or they might be born from negative emotions and thus having possibly existed way before witches. Then Puella Magi system replaced demons with witches, because witches fed on all negative energy themselves anyway. And if witches are prevented from being born by Madoka? Demons thrive, kill people, and magical girls have to fight them (like, for all we know, the first magical girl might have been assigned to do).
Madoka didn't erase the sysem - she kept the human history relatively intact, and she let magical girls of all times have their wishes granted and fight away their lives in return, with Madoka simply preventing them from the prospect of spreading the grief they used to fight against. I'll say it once again - Madoka basically brought the system to the way she had INITIALLY seen it, before the witch issue surfaced. She paid the great price for it, but hey, a number of other writers would consider it a bad idea to let the main character pull it off for free - and you expect Urobuchi to do that???
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 09:19   Link #2825
mols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
Actually... she didn't say that...

So far wecan only speculate on demons, aside from Homura stating they come from negative distortions in the world. But it's not too far-fetched to speculate that they either were born as distortions of wishes violating the laws of logic (Kyuubey mentioned these distortions) or they might be born from negative emotions and thus having possibly existed way before witches. Then Puella Magi system replaced demons with witches, because witches fed on all negative energy themselves anyway. And if witches are prevented from being born by Madoka? Demons thrive, kill people, and magical girls have to fight them (like, for all we know, the first magical girl might have been assigned to do).
Madoka didn't erase the sysem - she kept the human history relatively intact, and she let magical girls of all times have their wishes granted and fight away their lives in return, with Madoka simply preventing them from the prospect of spreading the grief they used to fight against. I'll say it once again - Madoka basically brought the system to the way she had INITIALLY seen it, before the witch issue surfaced. She paid the great price for it, but hey, a number of other writers would consider it a bad idea to let the main character pull it off for free - and you expect Urobuchi to do that???
I wonder if we will get some kind of sequel explaining this. Maybe if they do make another series focusing on school life we might still get some answers.

Regarding the ending, I don't mind "happy" endings at all. In fact I prefer them. But it is obvious that for this story, a better ending is impossible. Specially if we take into account that we focus on the last month of the "witches system". If, let's say, the story had started 10 years before, there would have been more time to create another ending. In other words, in just one month there is no way Homura or anybody else to be able to fix things better.

I have yet to read Oriko, so I have no idea what the story is like there. I know it happens before the anime, even in a previous timeline. But is it a timeline we have seen in the anime? like the 4th or something like that? or a completely different story impossible to actually fit to the anime?
mols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 09:33   Link #2826
Dark Wing

Quote:
So far we can only speculate on demons, aside from Homura stating they come from negative distortions in the world. But it's not too far-fetched to speculate that they either were born as distortions of wishes violating the laws of logic (Kyuubey mentioned these distortions) or they might be born from negative emotions and thus having possibly existed way before witches. Then Puella Magi system replaced demons with witches, because witches fed on all negative energy themselves anyway. And if witches are prevented from being born by Madoka? Demons thrive, kill people, and magical girls have to fight them (like, for all we know, the first magical girl might have been assigned to do).
Great way of explanation Snork I couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 2011-05-18, 10:14   Link #2827
hoshikuzu

I really enjoyed it, but it was a little dizzying when watching some of the screens. The backgrounds were beautiful though!
Old 2011-05-18, 10:14   Link #2828
MartianMage

Quote:
http://vexedscans.blogspot.com/2011/...doujinshi.html

RKGKMDK finally translated! If reading this doesn't make you consider Kyouko x Sayaka a canon pairing, nothing will.
Thanks for posting. Lots of cute scenes and art... too bad it's only a few pages.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 20:33   Link #2829
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

MadoMagi is still creating legends;

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/n...nking-may-9-15

Look at top 5. You see two magica spin-offs, selling equally well.
Old 2011-05-18, 22:27   Link #2830
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Great way of explanation Snork I couldn't have said it better myself!
Too bad we can't also get the POV of Japanese fans and sites who would naturally have a deeper and broader and maybe truer perspective of the series and characters! It's why any novels are so valuable clueing Westerners in.
Old 2011-05-19, 11:03   Link #2831
Westlo
Lets be reality

As per Yaraon blog and Something

2011 05/09~05/16 Oricon BD Top 50
*8 *3 1,485 *59,252 *3 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica v1

DVD ranked 134, DVD Rank 100 did 586 copies.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 22:01   Link #2832
sa547
*Author

Dunno where to put this, but it's amusing to see a lot of them dance to the OP.

http://hashihime.blogspot.com/2011/0...st-sunday.html
Old 2011-05-19, 22:15   Link #2833
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

^ Not sure what to think of this
Old 2011-05-20, 09:33   Link #2834
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Am I alone thinking "Lucky Star days" here?
Old 2011-05-22, 23:31   Link #2835
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
MadoMagi is still creating legends;

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/n...nking-may-9-15

Look at top 5. You see two magica spin-offs, selling equally well.
good job, madoka. good job. =)
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 10:49   Link #2836
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

So i found my new hobby (for now): looking up people comments on Madoka back in pre-season

A good one....
Quote:
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
The wildly erratic but occasionally brilliant Shinbo, along with his equally eratic studio Shaft, are producing this anime original product. There’s been a bit of hype surrounding this due to an apparently godlike staff list, which I had gone along with until I actually took a look at the staff list. Err, this is godly? The actual good staff are on stuff like music and character design, which is a pretty useless place to put good staff if the actual prodict they’re making stuff for isn’t well written. The actual main bulk of the writing staff are a few Shaft folk (although the director of Arakawa Under the Bridge makes me happy) and a bunch of nobodies who only previously worked on the forgettable Gonzo anime Blassreiter. Essentially, this anime boils down to what Shinbo has cooked up in his brain, never a good thing to rely on. My feeling is Shinbo is aiming for a true Magical Girl series, based on wha the promos have shown. Absolute purity and goodness in an unabashed, totally serious way that leaves the old school magical girl fans declaring the glory days have come back. Sorta like Gurren Lagann for the Magical Girl genre. Which I’m afraid I just can’t get excited for. Magical Girl anime just don’t do it for me (he says, basing this prejudice solely off Princess Tutu and the fact they have stupid names like Magical Musical ~Chu~ ~Chu~ Lyrical Heart and Soul Puni Puni Girl SOS).

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-05-24 at 11:01.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 12:51   Link #2837
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulz
My feeling is Shinbo is aiming for a true Magical Girl series, based on wha the promos have shown. Absolute purity and goodness in an unabashed, totally serious way that leaves the old school magical girl fans declaring the glory days have come back. Sorta like Gurren Lagann for the Magical Girl genre. Which I’m afraid I just can’t get excited for. Magical Girl anime just don’t do it for me (he says, basing this prejudice solely off Princess Tutu and the fact they have stupid names like Magical Musical ~Chu~ ~Chu~ Lyrical Heart and Soul Puni Puni Girl SOS).
I laughed. Oh God, did I laugh.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 15:00   Link #2838
xizro345
King's Justice

There are some BD vol. 2 comparison pictures floating around, aside a couple scenes fron what I saw there aren't changes of the magnitude of Mami's room.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 18:12   Link #2839
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
So i found my new hobby (for now): looking up people comments on Madoka back in pre-season

A good one....

Oh,it's indeed entertaining,very first result I found with google

Quote:
Eva: I like SHAFT’s productions, so I will check this out.

Myst:Well then… It doesn’t say much but it looks really childish too me :/

Zero: Not my type, I’ll pass on that

Balladbird: I don’t know from SHAFT, but I do know that the mahou shoujo genre is so tired and played out that the odds of this one offering anything unique and worthwhile are slim. I’ll pass on this one.

Oki: Not feelin it.
Another one

Quote:
Okay, I'm interested in this show now. I've seen some random PVs, if you will, and it looks moe. That's enough reason to give this a whack, fap, or whatever. What is it about? I don't fucking know. It's Mahou Shoujo so it could be about anything. There's not a lot of information out on this except that it's a moeblob.

Old 2011-05-24, 18:57   Link #2840
zato_1one

It's pretty interesting that many people had already looked down on it just because they though that it was a moeblob show. LOL

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen