AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-21, 13:49   Link #1
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Baldr Sky

[Mod Note: This thread extracted from the General Eroge Discussion thread]

Playing Baldr Sky....

Spoiler:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-01-02 at 16:37.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 14:11   Link #2
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Playing Baldr Sky....

Spoiler:
And that is just the tip of the iceberg

BTW, I finished Hareten yesterday. Kanae's route was very touching and it explained the bad end nicely. I'll post some final thoughts later.

Spoiler for Hareten Final Thoughts:

Last edited by johnishida; 2011-12-23 at 09:58.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 21:07   Link #3
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
And that is just the tip of the iceberg

Can tell....

Anyway, what weapons does the extra arms pack give?
Old 2011-12-21, 21:15   Link #4
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Can tell....

Anyway, what weapons does the extra arms pack give?
I don't remember clearly but, I think they give you that Super Drill (Final Crusher), Aerial Sub-Machine Gun and... don't remember anymore. If you post the names I could probably tell you what they do.
Old 2011-12-21, 23:16   Link #5
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I don't remember clearly but, I think they give you that Super Drill (Final Crusher), Aerial Sub-Machine Gun and... don't remember anymore. If you post the names I could probably tell you what they do.
Well checking the packs (you simply run the exe after you put the folders in your Dive 1 file yeah?)

You have Radical Spinner, Photon Lancer, Fissure Strike and Dual Haken
Old 2011-12-22, 07:16   Link #6
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Well checking the packs (you simply run the exe after you put the folders in your Dive 1 file yeah?)

You have Radical Spinner, Photon Lancer, Fissure Strike and Dual Haken
Yes, just run the .exe for the extra weapon packs and the program does the rest.

Photon Lancer, is an energy javelin that Kou throws at the enemy. It's no powerful but it can stop enemies in their tracks if hit. If timed correctly it can be used as an aerial attack.

Radical Spinner, Kou throws something similar to a shuriken at the enemy. Works like a boomerang.

Dual Haken, consecutive attacks using two axes. This a is a personal favorite.

Fissure Strike, I think is a close ranged attack. Kou jumps just above the enemy and hits with a pole-like weapon.
Old 2011-12-22, 08:30   Link #7
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Yes, just run the .exe for the extra weapon packs and the program does the rest.

Photon Lancer, is an energy javelin that Kou throws at the enemy. It's no powerful but it can stop enemies in their tracks if hit. If timed correctly it can be used as an aerial attack.

Radical Spinner, Kou throws something similar to a shuriken at the enemy. Works like a boomerang.

Dual Haken, consecutive attacks using two axes. This a is a personal favorite.

Fissure Strike, I think is a close ranged attack. Kou jumps just above the enemy and hits with a pole-like weapon.
Is the damage high?

And what is that giant spike thingy this guy keeps using to begin his air combos especially against Neunzehn?

And are those lines that appear whenever he air combos a skill by itself?
Old 2011-12-22, 09:17   Link #8
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Is the damage high?

And what is that giant spike thingy this guy keeps using to begin his air combos especially against Neunzehn?

And are those lines that appear whenever he air combos a skill by itself?
I was really proud of my ~6000 damage combo until I saw that very same video last year.

Damage for Fissure Strike is 300 max at Level 3.

No, that huge spike is not the Fissure Strike. It's a weapon in DIVE2 called ケイジブレイド / Cage Blade (?). You can press down the button to delay the attack and adjust it's location.

By lines I assume you are talking about the lasers. Thats another weapon called サテライトレーザー / Satellile Laser. It's an all-range weapon and, just as the name implies, shoots laser beams from a satellite. Tricky to use but, useful to throw downed enemies in the air. If timed correctly, you can start an infinite combo.

Great, now I want to beat this game, again
Old 2011-12-22, 09:22   Link #9
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I was really proud of my ~6000 damage combo until I saw that very same video last year.

Damage for Fissure Strike is 300 max at Level 3.

No, that huge spike is not the Fissure Strike. It's a weapon in DIVE2 called ケイジブレイド / Cage Blade (?). You can press down the button to delay the attack and addjust it's location.

By lines I assume you are talking about the lasers. Thats another weapon called サテライトレーザー / Satellile Laser. It's an all-range weapon and, just as the name implies, shoots laser beams from a satellite. Tricky to use but, useful to throw downed enemies in the air. If timed correctly, you can start an infinite combo.

Great, now I want to beat this game, again
No, I meant the one that looks like wind/ rain, not the Gungnir-like orbital strikes...
Old 2011-12-22, 09:37   Link #10
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
No, I meant the one that looks like wind/ rain, not the Gungnir-like orbital strikes...
Ok. Those lines are just speed lines effects that appear whenever you use rush / rush cancel / super rush cancel as well as the Final Crushers.

There's also a skill called Initializer (Battle against Isao / Third Battle) that uses said effect. If you haven't obtained it yet, Initializer allows you to connect another combo with all your weapons ignoring the heat gauge limit.
Old 2011-12-22, 09:42   Link #11
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Ok. Those lines are just speed lines effects that appear whenever you use rush / rush cancel / super rush cancel as well as the Final Crushers.

There's also a skill called Initializer (Battle against Isao / Third Battle) that uses said effect. If you haven't obtained it yet, Initializer allows you to connect another combo with all your weapons ignoring the heat gauge limit.
So that's why the heat gauges there were all way past limits....

I thought the speed lines were some form of wind that can juggle the opponent for longer....

Guess I play too much Blazblue with Rachel
Old 2012-01-01, 12:04   Link #12
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Anyone knows what does the Rain/Kou plugin in Baldr Sky do?
Old 2012-01-01, 12:13   Link #13
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Anyone knows what does the Rain/Kou plugin in Baldr Sky do?
There are so many plug-in in that game. If I'm right that one should be a wallpaper for the settings screen. It should show Rain's Aigis Guard and Kou's Shadow Wolf in the background when you activate.

Also, finished my first route in etude's latest game Nanatsu no Fushigi no Owaru Toki. So far, I really like the game and it's a lot better than Akizora ni Mau Conffeti. Production values for the game are really high, almost everything has some kind of animation. Love the Opening song by Kawada Mami!
Old 2012-01-01, 12:55   Link #14
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
There are so many plug-in in that game. If I'm right that one should be a wallpaper for the settings screen. It should show Rain's Aigis Guard and Kou's Shadow Wolf in the background when you activate.
....At 3000 force to boot. Anyway, does Force accumulate quickly? Some of the weapons and essential combat plugins are really expensive....
Old 2012-01-01, 13:14   Link #15
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
....At 3000 force to boot. Anyway, does Force accumulate quickly? Some of the weapons and essential combat plugins are really expensive....
Combos, replay the route with the most enemies and increase the difficulty. After that, just keep making combos. You should be able to accumulate a lot of force rather quickly. It's also great for leveling weapons. Can't remember if you gain force by playing Survival...
Old 2012-01-01, 19:49   Link #16
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Combos, replay the route with the most enemies and increase the difficulty. After that, just keep making combos. You should be able to accumulate a lot of force rather quickly. It's also great for leveling weapons. Can't remember if you gain force by playing Survival...
Maybe but if you suspend/die or otherwise don't finish it you definitely don't....

And since I'm trying to buy new and improved weaponry to beat stronger opponents....fighting said stronger opponents with my current loadout kinda beats the point...

It's good for practising using the terrain and other such tactics though...
Old 2012-01-02, 08:09   Link #17
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Maybe but if you suspend/die or otherwise don't finish it you definitely don't....

And since I'm trying to buy new and improved weaponry to beat stronger opponents....fighting said stronger opponents with my current loadout kinda beats the point...

It's good for practising using the terrain and other such tactics though...
Yes, beating survival mode is unrealistic, there are 9999stages last time I checked.

You can always play in lower dificulties to level up your weapons and accumulate some force. For the higher difficulties you I would recommend you to use long ranged weapons such as the double sub machine gun, missile launcher, bazooka, gattling gun. For defense use the shaft and some energy weapons will stop the enemies in their tracks giving you a chance to run away or get close and attack. Final crushers such as the huge sword and the mega /giga mine are really useful to hit multiple enemies at the time and send then flying away from your position.

Time your attacks when the enemy heat gauge is full and you will do a lot more damage than usual. Aerial combos will increase the heat bar even more dealing that much more damage.

The rest is just practice and experience.

On a side note, finished my second route in Nanatoki. For my second route I read delicious loli Elis route and loved every bit of it, also found it slightly better than Misaki's. I really like this game, it's very entertaining, fun and interesting. Next I'll be playing Fumi's route.
Old 2012-01-02, 08:16   Link #18
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Yes, beating survival mode is unrealistic, there are 9999stages last time I checked.

You can always play in lower dificulties to level up your weapons and accumulate some force. For the higher difficulties you I would recommend you to use long ranged weapons such as the double sub machine gun, missile launcher, bazooka, gattling gun. For defense use the shaft and some energy weapons will stop the enemies in their tracks giving you a chance to run away or get close and attack. Final crushers such as the huge sword and the mega /giga mine are really useful to hit multiple enemies at the time and send then flying away from your position.

Time your attacks when the enemy heat gauge is full and you will do a lot more damage than usual. Aerial combos will increase the heat bar even more dealing that much more damage.

The rest is just practice and experience.
WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Whose route has the most enemies? I only play Hard and Very Hard

And can you check when your weapons are going to be levelled?

Sidenote...Can't choose....Rain or Sora/Kuu

Also...apart from Mind Hacking to assassinate....I wonder why no one tries simply shooting opponents engaged in Simulcrum combat or otherwise in the Net in the head....
Old 2012-01-02, 11:39   Link #19
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Whose route has the most enemies? I only play Hard and Very Hard

And can you check when your weapons are going to be levelled?

Sidenote...Can't choose....Rain or Sora/Kuu

Also...apart from Mind Hacking to assassinate....I wonder why no one tries simply shooting opponents engaged in Simulcrum combat or otherwise in the Net in the head....
Yeah, I gave up when I reached the 1000 stage...

Well, if you are still in Dive1, Nanoha's route in Very Hard has lots of enemies plus boss battles and, IIRC, there is an battle full of Eye Runners which is perfect for leveling up weapons.

You can check how close your weapons are to level up in the Battle Results screen. Weapons level up by use and kills with the later being the fastest way.

I would go for Sora/Kuu though, Makoto is my favorite character.
Old 2012-01-04, 06:51   Link #20
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Yeah, I gave up when I reached the 1000 stage...

Well, if you are still in Dive1, Nanoha's route in Very Hard has lots of enemies plus boss battles and, IIRC, there is an battle full of Eye Runners which is perfect for leveling up weapons.

You can check how close your weapons are to level up in the Battle Results screen. Weapons level up by use and kills with the later being the fastest way.

I would go for Sora/Kuu though, Makoto is my favorite character.
How long did you play to reach 1000....

Yeah. Sora/Kuu's loyalty really does touch your heart...and since you in a way raised Kuu....even more endearing...