Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2019-04-20, 21:09   Link #35821
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

That's cute Bandai.

Now, can we get an HGAC Heavyarms after the Sandrock comes out please?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-20, 21:58   Link #35822
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That's cute Bandai.

Now, can we get an HGAC Heavyarms after the Sandrock comes out please?
I wish they won't stop there. I want an updated 1/144 Gundam Geminass (Robot Spirits pic for reference). The old one's getting harder to find.
Old 2019-04-20, 22:04   Link #35823
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

G-Unit might be a much harder sell for HGAC given how niche it is, and unfortunately it doesn't have the Universal Century's clout to support it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2019-04-21, 06:21   Link #35824
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

It could or could not work--Three of the G-Unit kits were basically the Geminass base kit: Geminass, Geminass L.O. Booster, and Aesculapis. From a technical standpoint, you could get quite a bit of reuse out of the molds. Marketing-wise, may not be all that big a deal seeing as there's a resurgence of Wing kits anyway.

Now that I think about it, that might not be a bad idea: just reusing the Leo mold one more time to make the Leo-S would already make a bit of money---even if you don't know what the Leo-S is...how can you say no to that design:

...and given our luck, P-Bandai. Because of course. -_-
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-22, 20:11   Link #35825
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

As expected, the next RG in the Gundam Base Tokyo reveal is the Nu Gundam.
Spoiler for size:

It seems that it doesn't have the "Invoke" gimmick seen in the Master Grade Ver ka.

Last edited by Illsteir; 2019-04-22 at 20:38.
Illsteir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-27, 07:13   Link #35826
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Dammit, Wufei. Always overcompensating for something..
Old 2019-04-30, 08:56   Link #35827
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
I'm actually wondering if Sunrise will ever go back into the Formula era at some point, right after Hathaway's Flash. I know a lot of people here hate the smaller MS designs, but I'd really like them to go into depth with this time period (where older 'big' MS first had to contend against the 3rd Generation small scale suits)and hopefully fix the issues with the Gundam F91 movie somehow...

Hell if they made OVA shorts for the F90 and Silhouette Formula series, I'd be thankful.

Why am I mentioning all this? Well, I'm thinking it interesting that we're getting a few Formula generation kits (F91 v2.0, Vigna Ghina Re:100 vaiants and now the F90) out just recently. Might be looking too fat into it...
Here's your answer, wavehawk:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
The June issue of Kadokawa's Monthly Gundam Ace magazine published a 40-page prologue chapter on Friday for a new Mobile Suit Gundam F90 FF (Fastest Formula) manga

Images

Nobuyoshi Ino is writing the manga's scenario, Sejoon Kim is in charge of the character design, Yasuhiro Moriki is in charge of the mechanical design, and Kiyoshi Imanoya is drawing the manga. The manga will officially launch in the magazine's August issue on June 26.

The manga is part of Bandai's "F90 A to Z" project that also includes plastic models.

The original Mobile Suit Gundam F90 manga ran from 1990-1991 and had one compiled volume.
So, there you have it.

And since this is a gunpla thread, I need to post something about gunpla. So here's a review of the "new" MG Ex-S Gundam (pretty much 1.5).

YouTube
Old 2019-04-30, 09:15   Link #35828
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Here's your answer, wavehawk:
- Oh Please God, don't let it suck...
Old 2019-04-30, 09:42   Link #35829
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
- Oh Please God, don't let it suck...
Considering that the original F90 manga is rather bland and bog standard, the new manga should have nowhere else to go but up, unless the people behind the FF manga intent to make it superbad .

And before anyone ask: yes, I've read the F90 manga. It's actually a pretty boring read IMO, especially if you have experienced many Gundam stories before it. People can say anything about the crazy Crossbone manga but at least that one is interesting......ly silly .
Old 2019-04-30, 11:03   Link #35830
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Considering that the original F90 manga is rather bland and bog standard, the new manga should have nowhere else to go but up, unless the people behind the FF manga intent to make it superbad .
- What I mean is that I hope this new F90 manga isn't going to be terrible.

The art is passable for a Gundam manga but still nothing that excites me. Hopefully they can do something different--The manga F90 only mentions 2 F90 units, but there's been at least confirmed 3 (Including the Cluster Gundam). But if you've ever collected the old Gundam F90 kits...

from the V-type kit manual

I swear this pic shows two, maybe THREE Gundam F90 MS of the Unit 1 variety.

So...could the mangaka be writing about another F90 unit? or will he rehash the manga? Or will he actually make a manga adaptation of the old SNES F91 game?
Old 2019-04-30, 13:05   Link #35831
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ I only see two F90s in that pic.

I guess we'll just have to wait what the FF manga will be. That project actually adds to my confidence that Bandai/Sunrise will do the F90 anime eventually if they're really committed to the "UC Next 100" project. The old F90 manga is ripe for an overhaul or loose adaptation by making the story more interesting. Hopefully, if that happens, it also means that they will redo F91 or at least make a sequel to F91 before all the craziness that happens in Crossbone.
Old 2019-04-30, 13:18   Link #35832
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Only two F90s were ever created. The Cluster Gundam, while being part of the same series, is an F90III-Y, and actually a notably different machine due to using a Core Block System unlike the F90s or the F90II they were combined into. According to the wiki, the F90III-Y was developed from the F90, rather than being developed alongside them.

That picture shows both F90s. The Cluster Gundam wasn't colored green, so it's not that machine that's shooting at Unit 1.
Old 2019-05-01, 08:32   Link #35833
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I'm not sure about the green machine. It's either a Jegan or maybe just lit differently? The outline seems to be similarto an F90, and I swear that's a V-fin...but then again considering how fuzzy this is and how bad my eyes at my current age are now...I never got a clear answer about it.

Either way, I'm finally getting a revised F90 kit I hope to get soon. Maybe I'll be lucky and it'll have all that english text that's been cropping up in current Bandai MGs...

If they do make an F90 anime, it better be an OVA, not a TV series. At least should be Unicorn-quality work (that's hoping for a lot)...and yeah, a series that leads into an F91 series of OVAs (actually taking time to flesh out the story over multiple episodes instead of cram-packing it into a movie) would be desirable.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2019-05-01 at 10:31.
Old 2019-05-07, 23:30   Link #35834
AHT

RX-104FF Penelope

Gundam Sandrock

P-Bandai: RG 1/144 Tallgeese III
AHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-08, 00:18   Link #35835
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Going to get that tallgeasse. Even if i have to pay p-bandai luxury

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-08, 04:59   Link #35836
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHT View Post
RX-104FF Penelope
- Remind me again what things the Xi Gundam and Penelope have in common. other than the bas MS (Odysseus Gundam)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Going to get that tallgeasse. Even if i have to pay p-bandai luxury
- "Lelouch Vi Brittania Compels you! PAY P-BANDAI PRICES!!!"
Old 2019-05-08, 05:17   Link #35837
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
- Remind me again what things the Xi Gundam and Penelope have in common. other than the bas MS (Odysseus Gundam)?
Xi Gundam has a built-in, streamlined version of the Minovsky Craft Flight System that the Odysseus Gundam's Penelope equipment uses.
Old 2019-05-08, 05:45   Link #35838
Chibiloli

So, have you guys finally been able to get P-Bandai kits now? I’ve found Some sellers on certain shopping sites that isn’t Amazon that can give me a good deal on P-Bandai kits, said sellers only sell locally though, so people from Tate can’t order them, so far, I got myself the Woundwort and P-Bandai Leo’s, I’ve got a Rebawoo on the way now.
Old 2019-05-08, 06:20   Link #35839
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So not mentioned above: they also announced an MG Gunner Zaku Warrior Lunamaria Hawke colors, an announcement so out of left field I don't know what to think of it. Considering how many variants the Zaku Warrior has, looks like they have yet another design to milk for all its worth.

Old 2019-05-08, 07:54   Link #35840
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Well, in its defense at least the MG Zaku Warrior has got a sharp updated look to it, so there's that.

P-Bandai Availability Down Under is hit or miss. I have one source for it and it;s pretty hit or miss. He's definitely picking up the MG F90 for me, but isn't sure if he can grab the S and E pack. Yes I know it's not the top tier mission pack for the F90, but I want to collect all 26 mission packs....

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy