AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Mech Poll (Multiple Choice!)
Lancelot 112 33.04%
Gawain 210 61.95%
Burai 22 6.49%
Glasgow 11 3.24%
Sutherland 14 4.13%
Gloucester 16 4.72%
Gekka 22 6.49%
Guren Nishiki 142 41.89%
Ganymede 8 2.36%
Nightpolice 11 3.24%
Area 18/Serbian Cannon Mech 1 0.29%
Boatman 3 0.88%
Raiko 4 1.18%
Gan ruu 5 1.47%
Avalon 40 11.80%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 339. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-04-27, 10:08   Link #61
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wqwz View Post
Personally i like the design of Lancelot.....but because of its pilot.....= = sry but cant vote for u

So i vote for Gawain instead....i like the idea of having two pilot in on mech....>___<
GAWAIN does not have two pilots, GAWAIN is designed to have just one pilot to control all its functions. Lelouch just modded the cockpit to put in an extra seat so he can sit there while CC pilots it. CC is GAWAIN's pilot, Lelouch is just a passenger.
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 15:00   Link #62
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

really? i thought it had 2 seats from the beginning.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 08:52   Link #63
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterRequiem View Post
I awknowledge that the Guren has speed. My main point was at why the guren seems a bit boring, as in pretty much using only 1 attack. Without its speed, the Guren would be pretty much useless, because its main attack is close range, and, without its speed, it couldn't evade attacks. Its ability to run is certainly important, though.
Indeed. But at least its power and speed are enough to beat Lancelot 1-on-1, which has somehow become Kallen's main objective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
GAWAIN does not have two pilots, GAWAIN is designed to have just one pilot to control all its functions. Lelouch just modded the cockpit to put in an extra seat so he can sit there while CC pilots it. CC is GAWAIN's pilot, Lelouch is just a passenger.
Eh, I thought it was made for two people? The only mod Lelouch/the Order/Laksharta added to the Gawain was fixing/completing the Hadron Cannons, I think. It had two seats in the beginning, but it can be piloted by just one. Currently, CC does most of the piloting while Lelouch does all the commanding [to the Order].

I wonder, if Gawain wasn't stolen, who were the two supposed to pilot the Gawain? Schneizel and ???
m-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 20:24   Link #64
RisArk

Probably Cecilia. Her combat prowess and his tactical mind. The Britanian version of Lulu and CC.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 12:16   Link #65
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
I wonder, if Gawain wasn't stolen, who were the two supposed to pilot the Gawain? Schneizel and ???
Gawain is a test prototype. For all we know, it doesn't have to be for Schneizel.
According to spoiler, Schneizel and Llyod still have another secret weapon. I am expecting it to be another knightmare, the one that Schneizel truly pilot.

Quote:
Indeed. But at least its power and speed are enough to beat Lancelot 1-on-1, which has somehow become Kallen's main objective
Below is spoiler for ep 11 and 23
Spoiler:
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 14:59   Link #66
yrael32
Kami ang... Maskman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
But it doesn't it make much more sense to put in two pilots instead of one. The GAWAIN's Hardon cannons proves this. Let's face it, the cannons were not meant to be used up-close and personal with the enemy. Instead, it serves as artillery support fire for active units. Wouldn't it be more logical to put the commander inside the GAWAIN on order to target critical marks within the battlefield. And I think those finger-harkens would be some sort of defense if ever enemy units would infiltrate the GAWAIN's perimeter.

Well, all of these things are just deductions and speculations I've made when I saw the GAWAIN.
yrael32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 21:48   Link #67
Juvyniled

Lelouch is not capable of close combat and maneuvering in frames. Hence, it would make sense to add a second seat for a person who is able to pilot it. But nothing seems to indicate that the Gawain didn't have two seats initially. Highly coincidental yes, but it's not a feature they've really bothered to touch upon.

Unless Lelouch is highly synchronized with C.C.'s piloting, I don't believe he operates any of the frame's functions (it wouldn't be efficient for them to conflict one another).

But Lelouch is required on the battlefield, whether at the forefront or not. He can better command his soldiers that way and his Geass is only effective in that range anyhow.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 00:10   Link #68
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Nope, it does have two pilot seats from the start. Its had been stated in the spoiler before the episode is out that Gawain is a two-seater model.
Either pilot also has access to the cannon. (the trigger is slidable). We probably will see the full sketch of its cockpit in the next official art book.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 01:46   Link #69
hipeach

Quote:
Unless Lelouch is highly synchronized with C.C.'s piloting, I don't believe he operates any of the frame's functions (it wouldn't be efficient for them to conflict one another).
Lelouch is clearly just a passenger, he's shown sitting there talking with legs crossed and hand under his cheek, CC clearly does all the combat, close and ranged.

Quote:
The last we know is that Suzaku was about to pilot Gawain to test something.

Quote:
Indeed. But at least its power and speed are enough to beat Lancelot 1-on-1, which has somehow become Kallen's main objective
Like quina, I highly doubt Guren can take on Lancelot 1-on-1. In ep23, Suzaku in Lancelot beats CC's Gawain with one kick and Karen's Guren with one punch, and if he's not too concerned to bring Yufi to the medics, he can easily dispose of Zero by the way.
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 05:22   Link #70
kazekiri

Lancelot and Gekka for me. Like Fighter, I like swords. Frankly, I also like Suzaku so that doesn't bring down my opinion of his Frame. I'd vote for Guren but in all honesty I like the pilot much better than I like the machine.

OT: Am I the only person who saw the Gawain and immediately thought 'hey, that looks just a bit like the Grungust Reishiki from Super Robot Wars'? It's got a vaguely similar black paintjob, similar-looking hands (although Gawain has nifty finger Harkens instead of Boost Knuckles), the Hadron cannons are about the same locations as Grungust's intakes and relatively speaking, both machines tower over others. Of course, Toudou's Gekka is the one with the cool sword with thrusters attached.
kazekiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 11:25   Link #71
Shanna
Why so serious?

Gawain and Guren Nishiki. GN a little bit more though, it has such a nice color!

I would probably also like Lancelot, but it got so annoying halfway through the series, that even looking at it unnerves me...
Shanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 10:18   Link #72
patnam

Now Gawain is belongs to whom?
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 01:04   Link #73
strike_akabane
Itoshiki sensei's student

Gurren Nishiki!!! Reminds you of Evangelion don't you think? And who can resist that awsome arm?!? Now the only thing it needs, is the ability to fly ^.^ Then Kallen can pwn Suzaku hehehe
Then Gawain is like the all powerful knightmare that can obliterate everything with a push of a button. I was like XDD when Lelouch...or perhaps C.C was shooting down all those planes and whatnots in ep 24.
strike_akabane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 05:17   Link #74
Zahane
He likes the Moon!

Gekkas look kinda kewl ^^
Zahane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 21:21   Link #75
BaalChaamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterRequiem View Post
I awknowledge that the Guren has speed. My main point was at why the guren seems a bit boring, as in pretty much using only 1 attack. Without its speed, the Guren would be pretty much useless, because its main attack is close range, and, without its speed, it couldn't evade attacks. Its ability to run is certainly important, though.
Without its speed the Lancelot would suffer from similiar combat restraints, its all depending on the mecha design and the weaponry. The Lancelot is easily upgradeable and has an array of weaponary to source from, while the Guren simply does not (except for that lil Sai Blade) and is remains a single purpose weapon...instant KF kill GALORE, much like a tankbuster.

Plus, the Guren looks so much nicer as it does not have that symetric perfect cut like the Lancelot or other Mechs...its a little bit of an odd ball in terms of design. It does remind me of Rayearth from MKR though, which also has a an oddshaped functional right arm but that could just be the colour fooling me.
Karen being the pilot is just a lil plus on top of it all...Suzaku does my head in, specially when he himself refers to the Japanese as Elevens talking bout assimilation....... he might want to check his birthcertificate....

Last edited by BaalChaamon; 2007-09-30 at 08:29. Reason: for the love of it
BaalChaamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 09:11   Link #76
KurozuRion

I vote for Gawain and Guren Nishiki. I love black and yellow

I feel very exciting when Guren Nishiki is driven by Kallen, It looks very cool for me.

Lancelot is my fav, too. but Gawain and Guren are the best.
KurozuRion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 18:03   Link #77
FallenLucifel
The One Being Sung

Send a message via AIM to FallenLucifel
Why is Siegfried not on the list? 0__0 Orange-kun's bubbly Seigfried!
FallenLucifel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 02:05   Link #78
kimchipride
Geass User

Gawain is a fckin beast. It looks the coolest and most badass. It's black while the Lancelot is white. It's matches the knightmare's drivers.
Old 2007-12-13, 18:48   Link #79
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazekiri View Post
Am I the only person who saw the Gawain and immediately thought 'hey, that looks just a bit like the Grungust Reishiki from Super Robot Wars'?
To me, it looks much more similar to Anubis from the game "Zone of the Enders"

As for the show's mechas, I voted for Gawain (slender and deadly if piloted precisely, traits that are not completelly unfamiliar to Lelouch ) and Gloucester (especially the one piloted by Cornelia - I like the knightly armor look of it).
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 04:21   Link #80
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Have to Choose Gawain, it reminded me of a bunny at first when I saw it's head and rabbit type ears. X3

The Gawain is made for Far combat obviously, also it was made for Geass studies. Darlton and Schneizel were using it on the Thought elevator...so I think it has hidden possibilities with the Geass..and since CC is underwater; She may Activate something?

Wee see Lelouch's seat is used also for strategy since he was battling Siegfried and targeted the Building which CC attacked. I think the suit was made with that type of thought in mind; One has to deal with avoiding and piloting while another analyzes; It's sorta like the idea of AI but Geass series doesn't have that so they just used 2 pilots. Keeping that in mind the suit has an issue of close combat and land fighting but it was never made for that to begin with so I can forgive it. ( Conerlia Combat got it pwned )

Lancelot; Mystery for now. Suzaku has mentioned that the suit requires him to keep up with it and that the suit itself chooses it's pilot Meaning: ?????

Also the pudding Earl has added what appears to be hidden weapons that requires his favorite food or something. What I dislike about the Lancelot and what made it lose my vote was the Escape hatch is not active and therefore the suit itself is incomplete.

Lloyd should work less on attachments and more on keeping the Pilot alive, unless the Lancelot demands that the Pilot dies with it; Screwed up Loyalty there.

Kallen's Suit is also somewhat upsetting for me since she has only one weapon worth recognizing; The 'God' Hand. Once thats done then she's boned. A dinky dagger in the other hand and two little hatches isn't gonna be much of a threat.

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote