Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-04-07, 05:52   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

FEAR 2: Project Origin

Anyone else anticipating this one? After the awesomeness that was F.E.A.R., seeing the "true" sequel to the story would be one of my most awaited things to do for 2008

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2009-01-12 at 10:42.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 12:08   Link #2
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Yes x 10.

I uh... never finished F.E.A.R. myself. I mean, I never played it through myself. I'm a pussy, pardon the expression, when it comes to horror, and the farthest I got was to the second level. You know, where you start with a squad, and five minutes later, they're all dead. At that point, I was just so frustrated I quit!

I did watch some friends beat it though. Fun game, though the environments and weapons got really tedious.

The new trailers for Origin look great though. I love the enemy AI and movement. Very fluid, very scary.

Also, FEAR multiplayer was really fun (go Google FEAR Combat if you haven't... it's the full free version of the multiplayer component!), so I can't wait to see what this one has in store. One thing I didn't like about it was how none of the "scariness" from the single player carried over to multiplayer. It'd be neat if there was a sort of all vs one mode where one guy gets to play as Alma or something >.>
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 23:05   Link #3
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

New Project Origin Trailer

Both young and teenage Alma? Daaaamn....

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-01-12, 01:29   Link #4
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Specs finally released:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specs
Release Dates:

North America: February 10, 2009

Everywere Else: February 13, 2009

From One Of the game Devs:

Min spec
- CPU: P4 2.8GHz (3.2GHz Vista)/Athlon 64 3000+ (3200+ Vista)
- GPU: Fully DX9-compliant graphics card with 256MB (SM 2.0b). NVidia 6800 or ATI X700.
- Memory: 1GB (1.5GB Vista)
- HDD: 12GB
- DirectX: 9.0c
- Sound: DX9.0c compliant
- Optical drive: DVD (boxed only)
- Internet: Broadband

Recommended Spec
- CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz processor family/Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (required for MP host)
- GPU: Fully DX9-compliant graphics card with 512MB (SM 3.0). NVidia 8600 GTS or ATI HD 2900 XT.
- Memory: 1.5GB
- HDD: 12GB
- DirectX: 9.0c
- Sound: DX9.0c compliant
- Optical drive: DVD (boxed only)
- Internet: Broadband (768kbit/sec upstream required to host 16 players)

Source: http://www.projectorigincommunity.co...ead.php?t=3673

Old 2009-01-12, 03:05   Link #5
Jays

I have a love/hate relationship with FEAR; on one hand it's just an amazing experience to play, on the other hand I have never been the same after playing that game.

That game seriously fucks you up, and while I have truthfully not seen many videos of it, the one that I did see, which was the beginning of the game, basically made me say "Oh God not this this again!" I am definately looking forward to this game, and while I don't think it will be as graphically jawdropping as the original it looks awesome.

Liking the specs though, FarCry 2 has similar specs and it looks great, still 12 gigs? That's a lot, more than Crysis actually :|
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 11:17   Link #6
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
I have a love/hate relationship with FEAR; on one hand it's just an amazing experience to play, on the other hand I have never been the same after playing that game.

That game seriously fucks you up, and while I have truthfully not seen many videos of it, the one that I did see, which was the beginning of the game, basically made me say "Oh God not this this again!" I am definately looking forward to this game, and while I don't think it will be as graphically jawdropping as the original it looks awesome.

Liking the specs though, FarCry 2 has similar specs and it looks great, still 12 gigs? That's a lot, more than Crysis actually :|
Yeah, I agree every time I look at FEAR I realise that its looks boring and all, but when you start to play it, its godly good. Its a pity I hesitated to play the expansion packs due to reviews saying they were mediocre (how wrong was I).
Project origin may not have the best graphics, but it has gameplay and fierce firefights like not other, its like being in a John Woo movie.

Also I have noticed that alot of games lately have been overstating the required HDD space, Farcry 2 states 7gb but only uses 3.5 and L4D states 7 also but uses 4.5. Strange huh?
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 13:45   Link #7
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
I've play all FEAR game,strangely play the expansion too.I like the first one kinda give me the creeps,like "WTH I'm doing here,in these dark places" or "WTF is that thing,a ghost?" feeling.I think FEAR is the best game that can spike up adrenaline junkies like me. Watching the trailers make me think why I haven't crap in my pants years ago.

Can't wait to play this game,look like new weapon,more bad guys & WTH teenage/young Alma.It seem our hero will have a power suit or power armor.
All those overstating about HDD space requirement, probably to rise up HDD sale.
Old 2009-01-17, 12:09   Link #8
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

FEAR 2: Project Origin demo for XBOX360, PS3 and PC will be out next week, January 22

Time to test whether my rig can handle it then

Old 2009-01-17, 12:12   Link #9
DarkestHour
Music That You Dance to~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkestHour
HAVE similarity of LEFT 4 DEAD..
DarkestHour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 22:36   Link #10
Jays

Well the game is out, I got it and installed it, sadly it is as large as it says (12gigs). Played the first two levels, sort of creepy, it doesn't feel as intense as the first FEAR was, that game felt like it was smothering you. Combat feels solid, graphics not soo much, can't say much other than that.
Old 2009-02-10, 22:43   Link #11
Avisch
Reality Blender

I loved the first FEAR probably my favorite FPS. I will try the second one though I will not expect AMAZING-NESS or complete fail. I will expect an alright time.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 15:28   Link #12
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
Well the game is out, I got it and installed it, sadly it is as large as it says (12gigs). Played the first two levels, sort of creepy, it doesn't feel as intense as the first FEAR was, that game felt like it was smothering you. Combat feels solid, graphics not soo much, can't say much other than that.
Any actual good story with Alma connected to Beckett? Sure I know Alma is now free to roam the Earth but for not killing Beckett or being able to see Alma has to mean something.

I finished F.E.A.R. last night don't really have the spared cash to get this one until this weekend or so.

After playing the demo of F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin a couple of times the "horror" isn't much of a bother to me thanks to the first one pretty much doing all the work does the second at least have that during the whole game? Interval 06 in the first was wayyyyyy too long for no alma or any creepyness happening for a couple of hours I found that part the only disappointment in the first. Still couldn't get the chance to see Point Man's face In-Game(maybe I skipped the scene where I got the chance without looking?).
Old 2009-02-11, 22:15   Link #13
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
Any actual good Still couldn't get the chance to see Point Man's face In-Game(maybe I skipped the scene where I got the chance without looking?).

Your not missing out on much, just a man with a balaclava and some goggles. I'm assuming they skimped on his design because your not meant to see the point-man.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 19:35   Link #14
Vinak
Procrastinator

Alma
Old 2009-02-24, 23:06   Link #15
Jays

Quote:
Any actual good story with Alma connected to Beckett? Sure I know Alma is now free to roam the Earth but for not killing Beckett or being able to see Alma has to mean something.
Uh sort of, she "covets" him because he seems to have high psyconic(if that's even a word) abilities. I'd be spoiling the rest of the game telling you the depth of their connection. To say the least, it seems to be more fairly paced in a manner were you are given crucial information.

Quote:
After playing the demo of F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin a couple of times the "horror" isn't much of a bother to me thanks to the first one pretty much doing all the work does the second at least have that during the whole game?
I found the first game much, much more scary than this one, as I said almost to the point of it being smothering. The thing that the original one does so very well is convey this feeling of absolute solidarity, something that the sequal doesn't. The game never truly is as scary even if the scares are very well evenly spaced apart. Sure there were some genuiene "OMG!" moments but those paled in comparison that of the original were you absolutely dreaded them.

-

As for my own personal thoughts on the game. It's a lot of fun but at the same time it doesn't do its predecessor justice. I think the main problem is that in the context of the game, the clusterphobic setting of the original worked well within the game. In this one the spaces are larger, and this is a problem because they attempted to use the same scares as they did in the first which don't really work well in the sequal.

Action is solid and the fire fights are pretty cool; I never had a problem with the enemy variety in the original like some others did, and to be honest for all the huffing and puffing people do about this game having more, for a good 80% of the game you are still basically fighting the same kind of enemy. The mech fighting while cool, again just doesnt fit into the context of the game, like it does the opposite of what the original did.

In essence, I hold the original in very high regard, if Monolith wanted to do it differently, then they should have went all the way, seeing as many of things wrong with this game are things that were in the original and just didn't translate well because they were taking out of a context that they worked well in. I'd give this game a 4/5, I highly recommend it, even if it does have some short comings.