AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-28, 08:52   Link #21
zzhk
Summary Machine

Law's signature move certainly suggests an ominous origin for the name "Heart Pirates"...

I wonder if Bepo might be a real bear with a replaced heart instead?
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Old 2012-03-28, 08:55   Link #22
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
she still prone to heart steal attack.

thought she probably second person that have chance against Law

first one probably Brock since "technically" he doesn't have a heart and if law somehow destroy his body he can posses other thing.

then again they need well coordinated team attack and strategy
Oh I forgot about Brook. But Robin doesn't need to enter Law's room to attack him
Old 2012-03-28, 08:57   Link #23
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i thought it was pretty cool. smoker is no weakling, he's an experienced fighter and a logia user at that. how do you defeat him? you use smarts. if it means cheap tricks then so be it. you do realize that law's ability in general deals with deception and torment. that move is so him. nothing cheap about it. it's just the way he rolls, so to speak.
I think it was "cheap" in the sense that it was a bit anticlimatic. Law just takes his heart, and Smoker gets worfed. Then again, I do find it refreshing that Smoker doesn't just plow through everyone.
Old 2012-03-28, 08:58   Link #24
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:

If looks like M is in cahoots with Law, Harpy a nd the centaurs. They themselves were confused about the multiple groups and have figured out exactly who they are. And now everyone knows there are marines as well. Luffy needs to meet large kids :P
Of course they were.

Anyone STILL think Law didn't know the Strawhats were here?

Anyway, it seems like Law shrunk the room to surround Smoker's heart. That (combined with haki I'm guessing) allowed him to take it just as Smoker couldn't see him, as he was behind the boulder.

What a good chapter though. It will be interesting to see how Law reacts to Luffy. Oda really does like ending chapters on cliffhangers doesn't he?

Last edited by paradox13; 2012-03-28 at 09:13.
Old 2012-03-28, 09:13   Link #25
Azami

Sanji's new wanted poster is awesome.
Old 2012-03-28, 09:16   Link #26
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
I think it was "cheap" in the sense that it was a bit anticlimatic. Law just takes his heart, and Smoker gets worfed. Then again, I do find it refreshing that Smoker doesn't just plow through everyone.
i admit the fight is pretty short, i would have wanted to see more action from those two. but i guess oda has other plans for law. methinks smoker would have to reluctantly ally himself with the straw hats for the time being if he wants to retrieve his heart. after all, sanji and the others need law to bring them back to normal too.

Quote:
Sanji's new wanted poster is awesome.
yeah, it shows the back of his head perfectly. lol he would be devastated when he sees it for sure.
Old 2012-03-28, 09:48   Link #27
Battler-kun

Smoker lost credibility.

He has no more significance to me.

He just lost everything. His crew, his heart, his ship. He can't even call for backup.

Why would Luffy save his ass just to get chased by him again?

Smoker is better of dying on this island.
Old 2012-03-28, 09:52   Link #28
SMASHERJACKSON

Law could already have Luffys heart from when he operated on him
Old 2012-03-28, 10:01   Link #29
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Damn, Law is one badass SOB! He just took Smoker's heart, frozen inside an ice cube and bam, the fight is over...

I don't know if even Luffy could defend against that trick... Brook and Robin seem best suited against Law now - one can reassemble his body at will and has no organs that can be stolen, while the other can fight from outside the Room with body doubles.

Poor Sanji can't catch a break - he's gonna be devastated when he sees his new wanted poster - maybe he should just surrender himself to the Marines and ask for a good photo shoot .
Old 2012-03-28, 10:06   Link #30
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Luffy has, at least to some extent, mastered all forms of haki, so he stands a fighting chance.
Old 2012-03-28, 10:06   Link #31
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
Damn, Law is one badass SOB! He just took Smoker's heart, frozen inside an ice cube and bam, the fight is over...

I don't know if even Luffy could defend against that trick... Brook and Robin seem best suited against Law now - one can reassemble his body at will and has no organs that can be stolen, while the other can fight from outside the Room with body doubles.

Poor Sanji can't catch a break - he's gonna be devastated when he sees his new wanted poster - maybe he should just surrender himself to the Marines and ask for a good photo shoot .
Speed and Haki should probably do the tricks since it's most probably like Luffy's is above Laws.
Old 2012-03-28, 10:09   Link #32
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Cheap win? Certainly not, it's called strategy. Only people that think "Bashing eachother's brains out style" is the best fight believes it was "cheap". Law used his skills and the terrain much more effectively than Smoker who mainly relied on his weapon and skill alone. This smart style of fighting is definitely my favourite and most entertaining.

Plus yea, pirate! So what if it is "cheap".

I do wonder how Law would do against Luffy's speed though. As we saw, he needs to cut or aim to use his abilities directly on someone and Luffy might be too fast for him. Guess we'll wait and see (doubt they will fight soon).

Oh and something that caught my attention.

Law didn't take Nami, Sanji, Franky and Chopper's hearts. He could have easily done that like he did with smoker but instead he just switched them around. This tells me that Law had no intention of even harming the Strawhats. I don't know why but I don't feel like Law is a bad guy (well amongst pirates) and believe he might be a possible ally later.
Old 2012-03-28, 10:09   Link #33
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
she still prone to heart steal attack.

thought she probably second person that have chance against Law

first one probably Brock since "technically" he doesn't have a heart and if law somehow destroy his body he can posses other thing.

then again they need well coordinated team attack and strategy
Robin can recreate any part of her body, she could create a thousand hearts if she needs it. And she doesn't even need to show her true body to fight.

Even though Smoker is Logia, the smoke is still made up of his body parts. Its no surprise that his heart can be stolen and especially since its ejected out of his body, Smoker can't change his heart into smoke.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-03-28, 10:20   Link #34
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Law didn't take Nami, Sanji, Franky and Chopper's hearts. He could have easily done that like he did with smoker but instead he just switched them around. This tells me that Law had no intention of even harming the Strawhats. I don't know why but I don't feel like Law is a bad guy (well amongst pirates) and believe he might be a possible ally later.
me neither. i never thought of law as a villain. luffy's rival, yes. but never a villain. the guy can be brutal and he certainly has his own agenda but i doubt he's evil. when he exchanged the hearts of the straw hats i don't think he meant to harm. i believe he doesn't want them off that island, maybe because he doesn't want his secret revealed. smoker is a different matter. he's a marine determined to take him down and if law didn't do anything about him and his crew, whatever plans he has on that island might be ruined.
Old 2012-03-28, 10:31   Link #35
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Anyone STILL think Law didn't know the Strawhats were here?

Mind you, I still didn't see any indication that Law was aware of them prior to Smoker's arrival. Hell, the fact that "M" didn't even know who the intruders were at first lends credibility to the possibility that Law didn't know they were there until Smoker told him (and, y'know, actually saw them with his own eyes ). But that's enough of that silly argument, methinks.....

Anyways, fun chapter. I do admit that it's a little disappointing to see Smoker job to Law, but hey, THIS is the level of pirates in the New World. People may call out Law as being "cheap" or whatever, but as was already mentioned, pirates ain't gonna play fair. I also wouldn't go so far as to say that Smoker's lost credibility as a character since he fought against someone with a pretty broken DF power in the first place (more broken than his, anyway) in the first place. Oh, and I also found it kinda amusing that once again his seastone jutte proved worthless in a fight.

Also, I like how we see M has a face, even if he's in his gooey/liquidy state. At least we've got confirmation that he's indeed in cahoots with Law, and that the centaurs are indeed his servants, as well (I also found it quite interesting that the dragon Zoro slayed was created by Vegapunk). As for the Straw-Hats' mugshots in the newspaper, they weren't actually confirmed to be bounty posters, but I do imagine that those pics will most likely be used for their new posters once the rest of the crew gets their inevitable bounty hike.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Robin can recreate any part of her body, she could create a thousand hearts if she needs it. And she doesn't even need to show her true body to fight.

I doubt it matters whether or not Robin can create a thousand or even a million hearts if only stabbing ONE of them will kill her. Remember, anything her duplicated limbs feels gets affected by the base body, as well.....
Old 2012-03-28, 10:44   Link #36
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:

Even though Smoker is Logia, the smoke is still made up of his body parts. Its no surprise that his heart can be stolen and especially since its ejected out of his body, Smoker can't change his heart into smoke.
Probably Law used Haki to solidify his heart so it can be captured easily.

thought the reason for law to steal law heart is because he to stop him to investigate the island (and probably stop them to capture straw hat). maybe law put heart back to him when his business on island finish

Old 2012-03-28, 10:45   Link #37
cj1277

Quote:

Whoa dont get ahead of urself, body parts and organs are to different things even in real life. We have nothing to suggest that she can make copies of internal organs without making an entire replica of herself.

On another note im surprised at how many ppl were sure that Law could not win against smoker. I personally was rooting for Law but had no doubt in my mind that Smoker could come out the winner. Guess what im trying to say is i saw the two as evenly matched. But man did Law prove even more how bad ass he is, ever since i saw his ability and personality Law been one of my top 5 fav. and now he may be gunning for my number 1.

Go Law cant w8 to see what u been planning and ur fight with Luffy.
Old 2012-03-28, 10:46   Link #38
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Doesn't Robin get hurt when her clones get hurt?
Old 2012-03-28, 10:51   Link #39
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Smoker lost credibility.

He has no more significance to me.

He just lost everything. His crew, his heart, his ship. He can't even call for backup.

Why would Luffy save his ass just to get chased by him again?

Smoker is better of dying on this island.
Smoker's pride must be really hurt now, I feel really sorry for him. If he dies now that would be saddest thing ever to happen in One Piece
Old 2012-03-28, 10:51   Link #40
marvelB

Oh, BTW:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
I wonder if Bepo might be a real bear with a replaced heart instead?

While that COULD be true, that still wouldn't explain other guys like Pekoms (who, despite being a talking lion, was revealed to be a turtle zoan) and Eilwan/Ailwan (the walrus pirate captain from the war arc). So as I mentioned in a past thread, I think there's basically a race of non-zoan furries that exist in the OP world.....
Closed Thread