AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-09-17, 16:16   Link #501
Pegasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Honestly I don't see the problem with Tatsuya, though it's true that I think he can go overboard with Miyuki. Tatsuya is powerful but what he can do is limited, even though his innate abilities are OP, he is good at martial arts because he trained since he is a kid and became better at it after his training with Yakumo, he is smart but he has Elemental Sight to help him in his researches, without it he would not have advanced that much. About his new magic, we don't know the details and the Ln is not over, he is not the only one who can benefit from researches, I actually wonder why he didn't make a special CAD for Miyuki's Cocytus already.
If he's trained in martial arts as a kid to get to the point where he's a master by age 15 in pure hand-to-hand combat, he would have little time to study or carry out research. As someone who's done both, I can tell you that while getting to a high level in martial arts and then switching over to research is possible, doing both simultaneously like Tatsuya does is impossible. Moreover, Tatsuya not only knows about magic theory, but he has a full and in-depth understanding of the science behind that theory. Just learning the full mechanism of the physics behind some of the stuff Tatsuya has done takes years. This makes his part time missions with the military, learning how to hack, keeping up with world politics and politics of the 10MCs, and spoiling Miyuki in his "free time" make this even more mind-boggling.

And that's not even consider how well he does what he does. He's the world-famous Taurus Silver who somehow "advanced magic theory by 10 years in the span of one." He somehow solved one of the Three Great Puzzles of Weight Systematic Magic and is on the cusp of solving another when no one has done it in over seventy years. The author even hinted that Tatsuya knows all 16 of the Cardinal Codes as if Tatsuya's already impossibly high intellect would be diminished if he didn't know something that another character knows.

And all of these things all at once? To this depth and in multiple fields? That's going way overboard.
Pegasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 16:40   Link #502
Guest2

I don't see it as overboard since all the best magicians are ridiculously smart and have topped the schools exams. Especially all of the Master Clan children. Tatsuya's intellectual achievements are all geared to his dream and are an important part of the overall plot for changing the views on magic society. There are many shown to be just as talented in their own fields at their young age. Its that type of story and I feel it fits well with the over all plot and setting.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 17:44   Link #503
Pegasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
I don't see it as overboard since all the best magicians are ridiculously smart and have topped the schools exams. Especially all of the Master Clan children. Tatsuya's intellectual achievements are all geared to his dream and are an important part of the overall plot for changing the views on magic society. There are many shown to be just as talented in their own fields at their young age. Its that type of story and I feel it fits well with the over all plot and setting.
lol......

Topping middle school and high school exams is nothing, absolutely nothing, compared to being involved with and applying state-of-the-art research. And none of the kids from Ten Master Clans are making changes to the fundamental understanding of magic.

The idea that Tatsuya could create the Loop-Cast system which "fundamentally changed" how magic is used (and advanced knowledge by ten years), create flying-type magic less than a year after that, and be one component away from a sustained gravity-control reactor a few more months after that is definitely overboard.

That's beyond the level of a genius lol. I mean...it took even Albert Einstein 10 years when he was first trying to understand the concepts of general relativity after theorizing about special relativity & the quantum theory of light.

Even if Tatsuya was "merely" on the level of Suzune, who would one day become a top-tier researcher, it would have been more than sufficient for plot purposes. There was no need to go and make him already one of the world's best researchers/inventors at age 15 when he's already one of the most powerful & most well-connected people in the world.
Old 2014-09-17, 20:02   Link #504
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasai View Post
lol......

Topping middle school and high school exams is nothing, absolutely nothing, compared to being involved with and applying state-of-the-art research. And none of the kids from Ten Master Clans are making changes to the fundamental understanding of magic.

The idea that Tatsuya could create the Loop-Cast system which "fundamentally changed" how magic is used (and advanced knowledge by ten years), create flying-type magic less than a year after that, and be one component away from a sustained gravity-control reactor a few more months after that is definitely overboard.

That's beyond the level of a genius lol. I mean...it took even Albert Einstein 10 years when he was first trying to understand the concepts of general relativity after theorizing about special relativity & the quantum theory of light.

Even if Tatsuya was "merely" on the level of Suzune, who would one day become a top-tier researcher, it would have been more than sufficient for plot purposes. There was no need to go and make him already one of the world's best researchers/inventors at age 15 when he's already one of the most powerful & most well-connected people in the world.
Yes, there was. It's about being consistent with what his abilities do. The novel hints that having Elemental Sight is *the* reason he can do all that and even uses it as a lynchpin for why he can pull off other things (Gram Dispersion, Third Eye/long distance targeting).
And now we have a warning sign that Miyuki can seal that off completely. It's practically screaming at us that losing Elemental Sight is his Achilles' heel.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 20:58   Link #505
Ignition Boost

Quote:
lol......

Enjoying the Tatsuya comments

This showed how above Tatsuya is. Imagine he is lacking but still stand higher than the rest of the cast.

That is called being OP without trying to be one.
Ignition Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 22:06   Link #506
Sinarblood

Quote:
If he's trained in martial arts as a kid to get to the point where he's a master by age 15 in pure hand-to-hand combat, he would have little time to study or carry out research. As someone who's done both, I can tell you that while getting to a high level in martial arts and then switching over to research is possible, doing both simultaneously like Tatsuya does is impossible. Moreover, Tatsuya not only knows about magic theory, but he has a full and in-depth understanding of the science behind that theory. Just learning the full mechanism of the physics behind some of the stuff Tatsuya has done takes years. This makes his part time missions with the military, learning how to hack, keeping up with world politics and politics of the 10MCs, and spoiling Miyuki in his "free time" make this even more mind-boggling.

And that's not even consider how well he does what he does. He's the world-famous Taurus Silver who somehow "advanced magic theory by 10 years in the span of one." He somehow solved one of the Three Great Puzzles of Weight Systematic Magic and is on the cusp of solving another when no one has done it in over seventy years. The author even hinted that Tatsuya knows all 16 of the Cardinal Codes as if Tatsuya's already impossibly high intellect would be diminished if he didn't know something that another character knows.

And all of these things all at once? To this depth and in multiple fields? That's going way overboard.
Tatsuya does have a few things going for him that you are missing though, one is the results of the experiments on his memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by volume 9
"However she was blessed with extraordinary memory. Although not as great as Tatsuya, who had vast memory capacity as a side effect of his mental remodelling, reproducing the operating procedures she had just seen earlier was not a problem."
This means that part of his intelligence is due to the experimentation allowing him to easily absorb or memorize information. This on top of being able to see the information dimension via elemental sight, astronomically boosts the speed one can learn things. I wouldn't be suprised if Tatsuya, with experiment enhanced memory, could learn a Textbook in under a week, and look through ES for true applications for the theory, and to see where such theory falls short due to him being able to see the eidos.

Elemental sight could be akin to how if in science, a scientist could actually see the atom or sub-atomic particles with their own eyes. Scientific theory could have leaped hundreds of years ahead if someone in the past was able to do so, that a person containing ES, who could probably memorize every current text on magic in a short time, could put an application 10 years ahead in the span of one year isn't really that shocking.

Due to that side effect to his experiment, concepts that could take years for some to learn would not be nearly as restrictive to him. Furthermore, while his marks are the best in theory, many highschool students in Mahouka know a lot of theory to the extent that it would takes years of study. In the world of Mahouka, it is assumed that magicians put in the time to learn things fast or fall behind, Tatsuya is simply extremely efficient due to the two factors I mentioned.
Furthermore, regrowth means that he could push his body to the level of extreme injury and still continue as good as new, as well as his "guardian training". Yes we might train ourselves hard for things, but Tatsuya had to train in life or death situations, and push himself through incredible conditions to learn. It is one thing to practice and train, it is another to have a year of literal life or death situations before becoming a guardian, and I doubt training ended just because of that. Furthermore
Quote:
"Hey Tatsuya, you’re assuming that all martial arts are combined with magic right? Not only martial arts but fighting spirits and things like that. You assume that magic is used to supplement the body when it moves around right?"
"Isn’t it obvious? Muscle isn’t the only thing that makes the body move."
Tatsuya does use magic in his martial arts, and assumes that all martial arts are combined with magic, so he is hardly doing his feats without magical aid.

Furthermore, heightened memory capacity can lend itself to rapid learning in martial arts as well. Shown how to do things once or twice properly and he will probably always remember the proper way.

He can learn things at an extremely faster scale than any one in the modern world due to ES and his experimentation.

All 16 cardinal codes is implied, but it would be directly because he could see them through ES, not because he found them by normal methods.

He can instantly memorize activation sequences, and instantly recognize them, his memory, due to experimentation is simply way beyond what is normally humanly possible.

One must simply accept that someone with his condition can learn what others take years to learn in a dramatically lesser time.
Sinarblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 01:25   Link #507
Guest2

Quote:
As I mentioned previously the master clan students like Mayumi, Kyoko(even back at high school at 2nd high), Lina, Katsuto and Miyuki are all shown or stated to be world class prodigies in each of their own magic fields. We also have Cardinal George and even Mikihiko who is extremely smart, an ancient magic prodigy, and was seen blowing away 3 magi-soldiers, one with just his big toe in v11. Elemental sight allows Tatsuya to be one of the few able to actually see magic work, which is his niche. I am not denying its overboard, they are ALL ridiculously OP, not just Tatsuya, its that kind of story and Its a cool story.

Quote:
This is a misunderstanding on your part, Azusa stated Silver Taurus did NOT come up with the loop cast theory, neither was Tatsuya the first to create flying magic or the first to try and develop a solar furnace type reactor. All the theories, tech or experimental sequences already existed before Tatsuya came along.

One of the main reasons he is happy to go to High school is because of the unrestricted access he gets to the Magic Universities research. What he excels at is using his unique talents to re-engineer and make these theories possible, and being part of one of the most powerful magic families provides him with the resources to help achieve this.

Quote:
Which is irrelevant since Tatsuya didn't have to create any theories from scratch and Einstein wasn't part of a prestigious and powerful family with special powers.

Quote:
The author didn't have to do it, but I see nothing wrong with it since there are other youths shown to be just as talented as he is using their own magical talents and magic fields.
Old 2014-09-18, 02:54   Link #508
Pegasai

Quote:
As I mentioned previously the master clan students like Mayumi, Kyoko(even back at high school at 2nd high), Lina, Katsuto and Miyuki are all shown or stated to be world class prodigies in each of their own magic fields. We also have Cardinal George and even Mikihiko who is extremely smart, an ancient magic prodigy, and was seen blowing away 3 magi-soldiers, one with just his big toe in v11. Elemental sight allows Tatsuya to be one of the few able to actually see magic work, which is his niche. I am not denying its overboard, they are ALL ridiculously OP, not just Tatsuya, its that kind of story and Its a cool story.
This point is mostly irrelevant. I wasn't talking about magic power, which most people from the Ten Master Clans excel at, or how many people they can take out in combat. I agree that they're all OP with regards to combat and I don't have a problem with it. Like you said, it's that kind of story.

I was talking about the sheer difference in intelligence between Tatsuya and his contemporaries. That's where Tatsuya leaves everyone in the dust. The only one relevant for this discussion would be Cardinal George who discovered barely 1/16th what Tatsuya already knows is wrong thanks to his Elemental Sight/artificial processor. And remember, Cardinal George, while a powerful magician in his own right, isn't a combat magician. He stayed out of battle in the Yokohama arc. His gift is his intelligence.

Tatsuya, on the other hand, has greater combat ability than any of the members of the Ten Master Clans as well as having greater intellect than Cardinal George.

Quote:
This is a misunderstanding on your part, Azusa stated Silver Taurus did NOT come up with the loop cast theory, neither was Tatsuya the first to create flying magic or the first to try and develop a solar furnace type reactor. All the theories, tech or experimental sequences already existed before Tatsuya came along.
I admit I misunderstood, but that's completely irrelevant with regards to my original point. Whether he come up with the theories themselves or merely applied the theories to put them into working systems, the point still remains. Application of theory to create both military and commercial grade products is still incredibly difficult - well beyond the level of even a genius-level high school student. And to do this not just once...like Cardinal George...but multiple times?

Quote:
Which is irrelevant since Tatsuya didn't have to create any theories from scratch and Einstein wasn't part of a prestigious and powerful family with special powers.
Einstein wasn't "creating theories from scratch." Very few people ever do. His quantum theory of light was the culmination of at least a half a dozen other previous major experiments and theories. The theory of special relativity was proposed to solve the inconsistencies in and unify Newtonian mechanics and Maxwell's equations. Essentially, what Einstein did was apply what he knew to create a working model. His models simply happened to be theoretical whereas Tatsuya's models happened to be concrete.

Your point about Tatsuya's family and background is contradictory to what you're trying to argue. The Yotsuba focused Tatsuya's efforts on combat; not research & discovery. To argue that such an environment somehow helped Tatsuya became a world class researcher...yeah...I'm not buying that. I suppose you might point out Tatsuya's father being the head of FLT as a sign that Tatsuya had a greater edge/head start, but Einstein was also the son of an engineer and he wasn't putting together state-of-the-art devices when he was 15 and Tatsuya doing so is unrealistic.

The ONLY legitimate point you (and others) have made that makes Tatsuya's intelligence and achievements plausible is that Tatsuya has special abilities (Elemental Sight, artificial processor) that allow him to understand magic sequences, physical structures, and improve his cognitive functions.

But that's exactly my point. That was unnecessary. Plotwise, it would have made no difference for Tatsuya to not understand what he's breaking down or regenerating (thus requiring Elemental Sight); no other magic requires in-depth understanding of the Eidos that the magician is striving to alter. Likewise, there was no need for the author to make it so that an artificial processor would boost memory and cognitive processing; simply giving Tatsuya the ability to use conventional magic at a low rate would have been enough for plot purposes. Both, however, were done simply for the author to have a valid excuse to make Tatsuya a genius among geniuses in addition to giving Tatsuya even more power than he already had with Regrowth and Decomposition (improved Flash Cast & an almost impossible to avoid sensory ability).

Look, I repeatedly said, it's not that Tatsuya is too smart. It's not that he's too powerful. It's the combination of every single thing. He's already the most powerful person in the story in both magic and non-magic combat, he's either the or very close to being the smartest person in the story as well, he has some of the best supplemental abilities in his Elemental Sight & artificial magic processor to help him in both combat and in research, he has the highest psion count of any character in the story, he's incredibly well-connected (ties to the military, 10MC, and Ancient Magic via Kokonoe) and has tremendous amount of resources, hell...if that wasn't enough...even his family and school are the best possible within the framework of the story (we know that the Yotsuba are undisputably #1 in prestige/combat now and that First High is the best high school in Japan). And there's more...despite being blunt & nearly emotionless, he somehow finds himself with a harem train that stretches even to the USNA, his hacking skills are first-rate, his knowledge of world events & politics easily surpasses that of any non-political person (he friggin' knows about Blanche, STARS, individual senators' names and their political positions)...

Basically...aside from his one token weakness of not being able to use convention magic, is there anything significant that Tatsuya is not superb in?
Was every single one of those things I listed above absolutely necessary for Tatsuya's character?

No one in the story comes close to being as talented in every single aspect as Tatsuya is. Actually...I take that back...Miyuki is...but it could be argued that she's an extension of Tatsuya.

I've beaten this topic to death so I'm going to end it here. If you disagree, we can agree to disagree.

Last edited by Pegasai; 2014-09-18 at 03:17.
Old 2014-09-18, 04:31   Link #509
Guest2

It does seem were going around in circles here. I do agree Tatsuya is much better geared towards combat and magic engineering than anyone else in the novel. But this is a very narrow area if you noticed the numerous different areas in the world of magic and the fact that they all excel at their own brand of combat as well as all being super intelligent. But I don't see this as a problem based on the setting. The story is still very interesting.

For Tatsuya this is as a direct result of his family's history of overboard magic experiments and the free access he was given at his father's labs. Nothing says the Yotsuba only focused on combat. The only thing stated he didn't get was the fancy classy lessons Miyuki got.

My point it its magic ability and talent for those areas in a harsh magic society that allowed him to exceed. And nearly ALL of the main teenagers have their own niches that they are better than everybody else is, including Tatsuya. Tatsuya's hacking is first rate because its stated he uses his 101's friends tools and programs, but he still cannot match all of Kyoko's techniques. His close combat is first rate because he used his family's and 101's boss to get the best masters, but he still gets beaten in close combat by his master. And he soaked it all up due to an experiment that broadened his mind to dizzying levels.

I never commented about what Einstein did. I pointed out Tatsuya didn't create anything that wasn't already there. He used his magic talent to help him the engineer successful software. Pointing out his achievements makes him miles more intelligent is not entirely accurate. His elemental sight makes researching these things ridiculously easier which Mikihiko pointed out in v3. George, who was able to come up with the cardinal code at a much younger age without such a cheat ability can be considered miles more naturally gifted.

Plot-wise its obvious it cannot be changed to what you suggested based on complex magic system the author created. It was explained that what Tatsuya does when using his unique counter magic abilities directly require him to instantly consciously analyze tons of info in a split second by Hattori. Everyone of his abilities is interlinked with his goals and the aim of the story in helping young magicians overcome their trials.

I agree he is OP in brains and combat. This matters little, compared to regular humans and regular magicians they all are.
Old 2014-09-18, 09:35   Link #510
evalot1997

@Guest2

You stated that the only thing he didn't received from the Yotsuba clan that his spoiled ojou-sama little sister did is nobility lessons. Well instead of that he received something way better and beyond, an extremely generous amount of practical mistreatment, torture and isolation 'lessons' courtesy of the Yotsuba clan no doubt.

And His extreme intelligence and combat power that till now had helped given him much fame and success matters little huh......................
evalot1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 08:55   Link #511
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
I love Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei as a series. I've never seen any anime/manga/LN-based story that pays such attention to detail and that has such a structure world with solid rules that don't seem to be broken every other scene.

But I really get annoyed with the OP-ness of the main character(s).

Tatsuya's OP-magic isn't the problem. Everyone gets that Tatsuya being powerful is part of the plot and that's fine. It's that Tatsuya and to a slightly lesser extent, Miyuki, are overpowered in every possible way imaginable.

In combat ability, Tatsuya not only is a Strategic Class Magician who has Decomposition, Regrowth, and Elemental Sight (along with his ridiculously broken memory & his own improved version of Flash Cast), but he's a master at hand-to-hand combat who happens to be even better at pure hand-to-hand combat than the famous Kokonoe. And now he's even getting rid of the single weakness of his Decomposition ability by supplementing it with his new FAE-based weapon.

Then we have the fact that Tatsuya happens to be Taurus Silver, is affiliated with the strongest family in Japan, is not just a soldier in the military but a ranking officer at the level of a lieutenant (given only to those who finish military school), and is attending the most prestigious high school in all of Japan. I can even point to smaller things like Tatsuya somehow having an unrealistic undefeated record at the 9SC despite it being said multiple times that athletes are a more important factor than CADs. Every single measure of assessment has Tatsuya being at the top or being very close to it.

All of this...by the time he's 15-16 years old. It's as if the author refuses to give Tatsuya a single real flaw. Tatsuya's supposedly considered a fake magician and not respected in the Yotsuba family, yet core and important members respect him--either from fear or love. Tatsuya's supposedly "not skilled" at CAD hardware, but his skill is still well beyond high school level to the point where he's confident he can construct his own version of a military weapon (Third Eye). Tatsuya doesn't consider himself "too skilled" at hacking, yet he can hack any computer system almost as well as Fujibayashi, whose magic gives her a broken hacking ability. Tatsuya's one true weakness, his inability to freely use conventional magic, seems increasingly more and more like a token weakness that the author put in so that his MC wouldn't be completely broken.

And that's just Tatsuya. It gets worse when we factor in Miyuki. Miyuki is not only stronger, but is stronger to such a degree that she regularly embarrasses other people, including upperclassmen, some of them from the Ten Master Clans themselves and to a degree where she can defeat the strongest magician in the USNA...or at least in STARS. Moreover, Miyuki's pretty smart herself (second in theory behind Tatsuya), beautiful to the point that even girls are attracted to her, the potential heir to the strongest magic family in Japan and possibly the world, and incredibly popular despite her brocon attitude and frigid attitude towards some people. Case in point: Miyuki gets a unanimous and completely unrealistic 100% of the vote to become student council president (Do you know just how hard it is to get 100% of any vote for anything, let alone getting 600 teenagers agree on who will lead them for the next year?)

And the author continues to emphasize how these two curb stomp everyone in every possible way over and over and over again.

The OP-ness is fine if it's in one or two categories. But Tatsuya's OP-ness pretty much extends to everything and anything.
-Tatsuya is skilled at hard-ware, well-beyond normal high-schoolers.
That means something when he is a high-school boy.
If he had no talent in soft-ware, one would have to say that "his speciality is in hard-ware" to say the least, if not outright "prodigy",

He is bad at hard-ware, compared to whom? To himself, hell yeah!!!

To some high-schoolers?? Not. A. Chance!!!
Can they supprass him? Hell. No. He is a prodigy in hard-ware!!

-And you expect someone, who is good at programing CAD software, somehow is not good at computer software?

It seems like you are too desperate in making Tatsuya look bad; to the point you want to believe in Suzune's lies.

P/S: Please don't embrass yourself by comparing yourself to him.
Do you know why people said "if you don't have talents, spend more time to train!And if you don't have more time, suck to be you."?
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2014-09-19 at 09:23.
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 10:20   Link #512
Ignition Boost

More who wants to question omni-sama's power.

I leave this questions for everyone.

Why does the Yotsuba, a very secretive and powerful family, fear Tatsuya?

If you can answer this then move to the next question.

Why do you think limiters are put on him?

Why do you think he is Taurus Silver?

These simple question have simple answer that can enlighten everyone why Tatsuya is the main hero of Mahouka.
Ignition Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 10:45   Link #513
Kurazukara

I don't think this needs answering... (for those who idolize Tatsuya at least )

Truthfully though.
Tatsuya despite being bad with magic, he can still go toe-to-toe with those who have magical talent, that proves his talents.
Meanwhile if you put those other magicians like Katsuto and Masaki in the same situation as him where their magic is in the same statement as Tatsuya, I don't think they would last a day.
But if you put magical abundance in Tatsuya, together with his innate abilities, he will become even more OP.
Kurazukara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 10:54   Link #514
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignition Boost View Post

Why does the Yotsuba, a very secretive and powerful family, fear Tatsuya
Because he's uncontrollable.

Quote:
No explicit answer from author yet, but I suspect that Maya wants to limit his power(Psion = how long he can fight => his war potential) so the military wouldn't be able to send him to battle as they please. (because Maya doesn't want them to mess around with the clan members)

Quote:
Taurus = Tatsuya was born in April (but it's Ushiyama that is Mr. T)
Silver = Shiba
Old 2014-09-19, 11:10   Link #515
OHIMESAMA

Quote:

These simple question have simple answer that can enlighten everyone why Tatsuya is the main hero of Mahouka.
Because he has Material Burst, the ultimate world-destroying power.

Because they don't want him becoming too powerful that he will be beyond theirs or anyone's control. Seriously, without sufficient magical skills and with those limiters, he is still a powerful fighter. Think if Tatsuya has no restrictions

Why he is Taurus Silver? I don't get the question much but this is my answer.
Because he catapulted magic technology so far, everyone in the magical development races looks like stupid idiots.
More so, he has wide knowledge over the smooths and roughs of magic, so much that he knows the magic of other magicians better than themselves.
OHIMESAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 12:41   Link #516
Echizen777

Quote:
Because his powers are frightening for them, they don't qualify as magic so he is seen as a monster.

Quote:
Security reasons, so that he won't be able to nuke the family, but it is less efficient that the artificial project making him cherishing Miyuki, thanks to that he is unable to betray the Yotsuba, since Miyuki is a Yotsuba. And it is considered cruel to let him control himself such a dangerous power, V13 proved that too.

Quote:
Because he is a genius? But he works also with Ushiyama.

Quote:
Not really, a hero can be weak or a loser, it has nothing to do with Tatsuya's power or intelligence.

Last edited by Echizen777; 2014-09-19 at 14:40.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 20:37   Link #517
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

(Ass-pull) what if one of tatsuya's limiters is his looks/outer appearance, maya may know parade and cast it onto tat's another way too.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 21:02   Link #518
rladls2121

Tatsuya looks really scary in that Mobile Suit.
He looks like Venom, except the part he has the long tongues.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 00:11   Link #519
Pegasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
-Tatsuya is skilled at hard-ware, well-beyond normal high-schoolers.
That means something when he is a high-school boy.
If he had no talent in soft-ware, one would have to say that "his speciality is in hard-ware" to say the least, if not outright "prodigy",

He is bad at hard-ware, compared to whom? To himself, hell yeah!!!

To some high-schoolers?? Not. A. Chance!!!
Can they supprass him? Hell. No. He is a prodigy in hard-ware!!

-And you expect someone, who is good at programing CAD software, somehow is not good at computer software?

It seems like you are too desperate in making Tatsuya look bad; to the point you want to believe in Suzune's lies.
You don't seem to be too good at reading comprehension...

This is what I said: It's as if the author refuses to give Tatsuya a single real flaw...Tatsuya's supposedly "not skilled" at CAD hardware, but his skill is still well beyond high school level to the point where he's confident he can construct his own version of a military weapon (Third Eye)...Tatsuya doesn't consider himself "too skilled" at hacking, yet he can hack any computer system almost as well as Fujibayashi, whose magic gives her a broken hacking ability.

Translation:
Through the conversation between Suzune and Chiaki, the author initially tries to make Tatsuya less OP and tries to present hardware as a weakness. Through Tatsuya's internal monologue, the author again tries to make Tatsuya less OP and tries to present hacking as another area of weakness.

If you actually read, you would have known that my point was those aren't true weaknesses and are actually strengths that make Tatsuya even more OP than he should be.

Not once did I say or even imply that he sucks at hardware or hacking. I only said the opposite, actually.

Also, CAD software involves creating and designing activation sequences. Computer software involves using programming languages to run certain sets of commands in a computer.
You're an idiot if you think CAD software is the same as computer software. lol - just because the term software is used for both does not mean that they're the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
P/S: Please don't embrass yourself by comparing yourself to him.
Do you know why people said "if you don't have talents, spend more time to train!And if you don't have more time, suck to be you."?
Actually, I haven't that quote. Can you tell me the name of the person/people who actually said that? Or is it something you just pulled out of your ass to be a douche?

I'll be waiting for your apology since you completely didn't read/misread/misunderstood my post.
Thanks.

Last edited by Pegasai; 2014-09-20 at 00:22.
Old 2014-09-20, 05:12   Link #520
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
You don't seem to be too good at reading comprehension...

This is what I said: It's as if the author refuses to give Tatsuya a single real flaw...Tatsuya's supposedly "not skilled" at CAD hardware, but his skill is still well beyond high school level to the point where he's confident he can construct his own version of a military weapon (Third Eye)...Tatsuya doesn't consider himself "too skilled" at hacking, yet he can hack any computer system almost as well as Fujibayashi, whose magic gives her a broken hacking ability.

Translation:
Through the conversation between Suzune and Chiaki, the author initially tries to make Tatsuya less OP and tries to present hardware as a weakness. Through Tatsuya's internal monologue, the author again tries to make Tatsuya less OP and tries to present hacking as another area of weakness.

If you actually read, you would have known that my point was those aren't true weaknesses and are actually strengths that make Tatsuya even more OP than he should be.

Not once did I say or even imply that he sucks at hardware or hacking. I only said the opposite, actually.

Also, CAD software involves creating and designing activation sequences. Computer software involves using programming languages to run certain sets of commands in a computer.
You're an idiot if you think CAD software is the same as computer software. lol - just because the term software is used for both does not mean that they're the same.

Actually, I haven't that quote. Can you tell me the name of the person/people who actually said that? Or is it something you just pulled out of your ass to be a douche?

I'll be waiting for your apology since you completely didn't read/misread/misunderstood my post.
Thanks.
Well, the logic is the same between CAD and computer. You need to write code and re-arrage it into loops to make the program/spell functionable.
Beside, even if i'm wrong about CAD and computer, it doesn't matter anyway. Why can't he be good at both??

Spoiler for the quote:

=> In other word, just because you can't do something even though you put all your effort in, that doesn't mean others can't do that.

----
"I am sorry that i misinterpret your post. I am wrong here. I have no excuse."
Now that I give you the apology that you want, let me ask: what do I misinterpret?

You don't believe his weakness is real weakness because he is still better than the mass?

I believe people call that "inferior skill" (absolute advantage) instead of "weakness" (comparative advantage).

His "hacking skill" is "weak" when he compares himself to Fubayashi or his CAD skill. It is true.
His hardware skill is speculated/lied by Suzune, not himself.
Chiaki's strength is hardware but it is still "inferior" to Tatsuya.

That's what I try to tell you from the previous post: "weakness" is not equal "inferior". They often go together but they are not the same.

I am under the impression that you want Tatsuya to have a skill worse than average that you mistake "weak" with "inferior" (Sorry if I am wrong. I mean, you even take lies from a self-contained con-artist as the "words of god" so....)
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2014-09-20 at 11:21.
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epic awesome badass