AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-10-10, 07:52   Link #1
LKK

High School DxD [LN/M] - Discussion about Other Topics

The purpose of this thread is for questions and discussion for High School DxD [LN/M] related to Other Topics which don't have a specific thread. (Use the more appropriate thread if one exists!)

Given that this is a source material thread, you are expected to have some familiarity with the source material before participating, and therefore some spoilers are to be expected. However, if you will be discussing major plot points that could spoil plot events that people may not have read yet, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags. Properly-labelled means that the label identifies what the reader should already know before opening the tag.

There are two ways to create properly-labelled spoiler tags, as shown below:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 09:17   Link #2
Royalknightftw

So, since we can talk almost about anything in this thread. How is N0m0n-san doing anyway ?? Is he well? Haven't heard any news from him lately.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 12:55   Link #3
Poodicus
The One and Only

^

No Clue-

In other news, Issei should rename his house to the "Rising Sun", and should be for his pleasure only! I'm such a perv... and an oldie when it comes to music!
Poodicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 14:25   Link #4
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
So, since we can talk almost about anything in this thread. How is N0m0n-san doing anyway ?? Is he well? Haven't heard any news from him lately.
Considering he was on AnimeSuki yesterday, I think he's doing well.

In other, random news (since that's basically what this thread is about), I decided to begin a DxD fanfic about what would've happened had Ise joined the Hero-Faction Chapter 1 should be uploaded in maybe a week or so.
Old 2014-10-10, 14:45   Link #5
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Well n0m@n is working in his own peace so let him be. On another side i will really like to see your fanfic Gary .
Ah yes i forgot for those interested from december i will start translating highschool dxd in Romanian , i hope i will get accepted on bakatsuki romanian part as well . I hope is not in vain ....
Old 2014-10-10, 15:12   Link #6
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodicus
In other news, Issei should rename his house to the "Rising Sun", and should be for his pleasure only! I'm such a perv... and an oldie when it comes to music!
Lol, there is still his familiar Ryuteimatu which can be used for the same thing only with mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoMuseveni
Well n0m@n is working in his own peace so let him be. On another side i will really like to see your fanfic Gary .
Ah yes i forgot for those interested from december i will start translating highschool dxd in Romanian , i hope i will get accepted on bakatsuki romanian part as well . I hope is not in vain ....
Well, just wanted to know how he is doing. Anyway good luck with your translation project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29
In other, random news (since that's basically what this thread is about), I decided to begin a DxD fanfic about what would've happened had Ise joined the Hero-Faction Chapter 1 should be uploaded in maybe a week or so.
Looking forward to read it
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 20:17   Link #7
DocBernax2814

Happy Halloween!!

Who of you guys is going trick o tread dressed as one of the DxD characters!?
DocBernax2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 06:35   Link #8
reinastar
Corrupted Yandere ~^_^~

What do you think about on the creation of high school dxd what do you think is the inspiration on all characters and story of hs dxd ? Onii-sama and Onee-sama ? ~

For me sairaorg is similar to He-Man ^_^~
Old 2014-11-02, 07:49   Link #9
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinastar View Post
What do you think about on the creation of high school dxd what do you think is the inspiration on all characters and story of hs dxd ? Onii-sama and Onee-sama ? ~

For me sairaorg is similar to He-Man ^_^~
The first time I read Volume 5 he seemed to me as a mix of Rock Lee without the "Springtime of Youth" stuff and Naruto, except for the fact Sairaorg actually knows what he has to do to become a politician.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 08:10   Link #10
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
The first time I read Volume 5 he seemed to me as a mix of Rock Lee without the "Springtime of Youth" stuff and Naruto, except for the fact Sairaorg actually knows what he has to do to become a politician.
Sairaorg is Rock Lee absolutely with no Naruto at all. Physical power being his best trait no tricks no bullshit like everyone else just raw power. Plus the fact he was an outcast for reasons he couldnt really control. The fact he will fight any battle no matter how the obvious disadvantage is a lot like Rock Lee. I mean seriously the fact that he had a seriously nutty power like Regulus and didnt use it prove he wants to win with his strength only and not rely on magic power. if Issei didnt say so he wouldnt have used it.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 08:21   Link #11
reinastar
Corrupted Yandere ~^_^~

Azazel is jiraiya to Issei as very perveted naruto to a vali without emo sasuke vibe right Imp onii-sama ^_^~
Old 2014-11-02, 08:38   Link #12
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

Azazel is Nube for me

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 13:39   Link #13
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Azazel is jiraiya to Issei as very perveted naruto to a vali without emo sasuke vibe right Imp onii-sama ^_^~
Issei is nothing like Naruto, he doesn't care much about what other people think of him and the only reason he wants peace is so he can have a peaceful/ecchi lifestyle, he's a lot more selfish than NaruJesus '-' And Kiba is more of a Sasuke than Vali in my opinion, he was an avenger, while Vali is just a Battle Maniac who hates his grandpa.

@Imperial: I said he was a bit similar to Naruto because both of them wants to become the leader of their societies/countries/whatever. The major difference is that Sairaorg actually knows what to do in order to achieve that goal.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 16:09   Link #14
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Azazel is not quite Jiraiya not perverted enough. Where he is like Jiraiya is that he helped both characters take a trait that was their trump card and turn it into an ultimate strength. Vali is actually a little closer to Sasuke in that his goal is absolutely everything to him and he'll do anything to achieve that goal.

Also NEVER call me Imp onii-sama again.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2014-11-02, 20:16   Link #15
reinastar
Corrupted Yandere ~^_^~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Azazel is not quite Jiraiya not perverted enough. Where he is like Jiraiya is that he helped both characters take a trait that was their trump card and turn it into an ultimate strength. Vali is actually a little closer to Sasuke in that his goal is absolutely everything to him and he'll do anything to achieve that goal.

Also NEVER call me Imp onii-sama again.
Okay onii-sama what should I call you ? ~

How about the story what do you think is the inspiration for hs dxd creation don't tell me dragon ball ^_^~
Old 2014-11-02, 21:41   Link #16
G147

Quote:
Imp Onee-sama, Imp Otou-sama, Imp Okaa-Sama, Imp Ojii-sama, Imp Obaa-sama, Imp Ojou-sama, etc. But it's best to just call him Imperial.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 21:49   Link #17
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:

How about the story what do you think is the inspiration for hs dxd creation don't tell me dragon ball ^_^~
simply call me Imperial.

As odd as this sounds i dont really think there is a specific inspiration (anime wise) for DxD. The reason why is that DxD has the typical harem elements but thats pretty much where the comparisions end. Typical boring guy gets special powers that gives him access to a world he never knew existed. From there it changes. I've never seen a character who is perverted use perversion better then Issei and the things they come up with are about as original as they get.

What makes it truly fascinating is that every single one of the characters in DxD have extremely dark pasts that until you hear about them its actually more fascinating. The most fascinating thing is Akeno. She admitted as much that the reason she was scared to tell issei is because she's aware of how much fallen angels ruined his life and Asia's.

Old 2014-11-02, 21:51   Link #18
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
uhm for me I guess Imperial

uhm let change topic err uhm let's continue the deux ex machina discussion here if its ok this is what tread for for discussing offtopic yet still on topic on hs dxd

for me I guess I have feeling of maria sama ga miteru and uhm one piece in hs dxd story
Old 2014-11-02, 21:53   Link #19
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
uhm for me I guess Imperial

uhm let change topic err uhm let's continue the deux ex machina discussion here if its ok this is what tread for for discussing offtopic yet still on topic on hs dxd
hope you're well Kusa-chan well how about this as a topic for everybody.
Which is your favorite volume of DxD and which is your least favorite. O and a reason why they're your favorite or least favorite

Old 2014-11-02, 21:59   Link #20
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
hope you're well Kusa-chan well how about this as a topic for everybody.
Which is your favorite volume of DxD and which is your least favorite. O and a reason why they're your favorite or least favorite
I still can't work properly I mean it's hurts even a single walk I hope it heal soon

for me hard to choose but probably Vol. 11 and Vol. 12 1st half, because the reason why I like them is we can how strong is issei and the foundation being broken after issei's sudden death and how the group was devastated to the extreme in not fighting properly due to it .....

For the least favorite chapter I guess Volume 9 because there is no gasper

Uhm how about you Imperial what is your favorite and least favorite volume